Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Skeletonman ()
Date: April 11, 2015 05:33

Thanks.. I'm not getting the robot thing
I'm planning on going to all shows. hope to see people from the Asia, Europe and OZ shows.
I'm wearing the black and white skeleton hoodie on Keef side

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 11, 2015 07:04

Well not long ago I was able to pull up Section E row 1 seats 7 and 8 Front row Ronnie side) as VIP packages still. So 5 days into various presales you can still get a front row seat at a Rolling Stones show. On the one hand, I find that hard to swallow on a historical basis. On the other hand, I am not at all surprised when the asking price is $1800 a tickert with fees.

I tossed them back. I have paid 1200 in the past for the seat I want. But after the pit , I just cant make myself spend $1800 on a seat at a stadium show. This is not even secondary market price!

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: April 11, 2015 07:13

What sides do Ronnie and Keith play on? Sorry if this is a dumb question, this will be my first Stones concert.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 11, 2015 07:36

From the perspective of an audience member looking at the stage, Keith is on the right and Ronnie is on the left.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: April 11, 2015 13:50

MMMmm, I will have to look at the code thread. I'm only pulling silver for the Indy show. Maybe I should take it and just enjoy the show.

By the way, I love Keith but always like to sit on Ronnie's side. Keith come over a lot. Mick always fades to Ronnie's side early and often.

Have sat 10th arena Ronnie's side and enjoyed a Keith solo on Sym f Dev. Where he propped his boot on the side rail of the seating section for most of the long notes...

Anyway, are most going for gold or silver?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 11, 2015 14:27

I saw this blurb on Eagle Rocks Facebook page this morning, has anybody else heard about this?

Aside from an extensive US tour, the band will also appearing at Rock in Rio Lisboa in May!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 11, 2015 15:30

May 29.....of last year.

Well done, Eagle Rock!

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 11, 2015 19:10

kahoosier
Well not long ago I was able to pull up Section E row 1 seats 7 and 8 Front row Ronnie side) as VIP packages still. So 5 days into various presales you can still get a front row seat at a Rolling Stones show. On the one hand, I find that hard to swallow on a historical basis. On the other hand, I am not at all surprised when the asking price is $1800 a tickert with fees.

I tossed them back. I have paid 1200 in the past for the seat I want. But after the pit , I just cant make myself spend $1800 on a seat at a stadium show. This is not even secondary market price!

God you're a bit tight with your money these days Doc !! A cool $1800 ?? Bargain, I am surprised you don't buy AND donate a further $200 or so to one of MJ's favourite charitable causes; his bank account !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 11, 2015 19:56

paulywaul
kahoosier

God you're a bit tight with your money these days Doc !! A cool $1800 ?? Bargain, I am surprised you don't buy AND donate a further $200 or so to one of MJ's favourite charitable causes; his bank account !!

Completely agree especially when you consider that 50 percent goes to MJ personally and the rest split to others

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 11, 2015 20:34

kahoosier

In my opinion, those seats off to the side at the edge of the floor should be $200 seats. In Paris and Stockholm, as long as you had FOS tickets, you could have walked to that spot about 1 hour before the show. It seems almost fraudulent to try to charge $1800 for them.

The shows may ultimately sell out, but there will be a ton of tickets on the secondary market that will be heavily discounted in most cities. MAYBE San Diego and Dallas will be exceptions, but I doubt it. Patience is key.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 23:38 by drbryant.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 12, 2015 02:02

LOL talking with Rcfoxy, did some shoddy math. Front 5 rows VIP ticket last November Auckland was roughly wit fees and taxes $900 US. Now if your lucky to find it, the same package is about $1800 US. Some us started joking about meeting in Melbourne on the 6o and counting tour in 2022.

Now if that is a show in our summer and hits around January, following the current growth in ticket prices , Row 3 Ronnie side at the edge of the field should be a package deal somewhere near $14750000.oo US . If they wait 5 months and get here in July tickets will be about a cool 30 million a piece.

So hey maybe we should suck it up and realize what a deal the guys are giving us today!!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 12, 2015 03:25

Aug 2005 they played 2 nights at Fenway pk Boston 40,000, 5 months later Jan 2006 played 2 Nights Boston garden 18,000, 8 months later Sept 2006 1 night Gillette stadium Foxboro 25 miles south of Boston. Maybe over exposer factored into this but the day of the Gillette show I paid face value $22.50 for my ticket. The price had been lowered from what was origanally a $99.00 seat because of slow sales.

They lowered plenty of seat price's two - three weeks before many of the all arena shows in 2013.

All Stadiums plenty of tickets will be floating around. They are trying to create thier own market with these bullshit presales and then in the general sale they will release them in dribbs and drabbs .

Patience is key as drbryant once wrote

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 12, 2015 03:37

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 03:39 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 04:02

the stones can keep this tour...never thought i would say that...but the same old same old...no new album in 10 years...only 2 the past 18 years,they should be ashamed of themselves as viable artists.are they the greatest live band still,without a doubt,but that is besides the point,and anyone paying more than 150 dollars for a stadium show is an idiot!!!!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 12, 2015 11:05

backstreetboy1
are they the greatest live band still,without a doubt,but that is besides the point

When it comes to a live tour, isn't that the only point?

Date: April 12, 2015 11:47

I bought two in Minneapolis 5th Row center section through AXS "premiun" tickets. They were $950 each, and actually better than the seats being offered in the VIP packages, but no T shirt!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 12, 2015 13:35

drbryant
I bought two in Minneapolis 5th Row center section through AXS "premiun" tickets. They were $950 each, and actually better than the seats being offered in the VIP packages, but no T shirt!
Not even that "No access anywhere" pass, LOL.

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 13:36 by TE.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 12, 2015 15:29

backstreetboy1
the stones can keep this tour...never thought i would say that...but the same old same old...no new album in 10 years...only 2 the past 18 years,they should be ashamed of themselves as viable artists.are they the greatest live band still,without a doubt,but that is besides the point,and anyone paying more than 150 dollars for a stadium show is an idiot!!!!

They are simply part of the rock and roll nostalgia tour business. Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, many many others. Play the hits the fans want to hear every night. Same setlist every tour, essentially. It's kind of late to be looking for the "artist".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 12, 2015 16:52

backstreetboy1

I'm sure no one on this board would be insulted by that observation/conclusion.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 12, 2015 17:10

drbryant

$950 each? It seems that the Stones are living on a different planet (well, actually we all new that) . There is more in life than the Rolling Stones fortunately

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 17:47

treaclefingers
backstreetboy1

Yeah no offense taken :-)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 12, 2015 18:37

I suppose if this tour was 20 years ago or so it would make sense to want to go see them live (and gleefully pay through the nose) with the extremely unlikely possibility of them doing something other than Brown Sugar, Bitch, Wild Horses and Dead Flowers along with nothing else new, knowing it's another greatest hits show with the newest song being either from 1981 or that awful one from 1994.

But hell no. They're not as good as they were even 10 years ago and the $ keeps going up. Not my idea of value or for that matter "increased" value, if there's such a thing, which I supposed could equate to "I saw the Stones on the ZIP CODE tour, man".

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 12, 2015 18:38

Just to be clear, I hope they do sound good and perform well.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 12, 2015 18:58

Harm
drbryant

$950 each? It seems that the Stones are living on a different planet (well, actually we all new that) . There is more in life than the Rolling Stones fortunately

It's stunning that can be considered a good price, but I've seen tickets/packages for over $1700 per ticket, so 'everything is relative I guess.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 12, 2015 19:01

drbryant

The shows may ultimately sell out, but there will be a ton of tickets on the secondary market that will be heavily discounted in most cities. MAYBE San Diego and Dallas will be exceptions, but I doubt it. Patience is key.

It's in their contract that they don't play to empty seats. The Rolling Stones must appear to be the hottest ticket on earth, so .... the seats will be full .... but they may have to literally give the tickets away, by the thousands in some cities, if it comes to that. Not sure what the promoter does if there aren't enough takers for the freebies. I guess they just put in an order for several thousand .... mannequins?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 19:09 by tatters.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 12, 2015 19:29

to bad no giants stadium bummer, no way am I going to buffalo but hey it is what it is

PPV?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 19:30 by melillo.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 12, 2015 20:26

Rokyfan
backstreetboy1

They are simply part of the rock and roll nostalgia tour business. Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, many many others. Play the hits the fans want to hear every night. Same setlist every tour, essentially. It's kind of late to be looking for the "artist".

Lol, well said Rokyfan.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 12, 2015 20:36

treaclefingers
backstreetboy1

There are always going to be fans that think like that, he is just one more voicing his opinion and I have no problem at all with his observation/ conclusion. That being said, don't be surprised to see him sitting close to the front after paying a whole lot more then that $150 he mentioned. A lot of times the ones doing the loudest complaining are the first ones in line for the show, lol.

Date: April 12, 2015 21:59

tatters
drbryant

It's in their contract that they don't play to empty seats. The Rolling Stones must appear to be the hottest ticket on earth, so .... the seats will be full .... but they may have to literally give the tickets away, by the thousands in some cities, if it comes to that. Not sure what the promoter does if there aren't enough takers for the freebies. I guess they just put in an order for several thousand .... mannequins?

I've worked on a small handful of tour contracts (including one Stones!) and that would be an unusual provision. In fact, I've seen the Stones in Stadiums that were 2/3 full, so it certainly wasn't the case, at least on the Bigger Bang Tour. That might be an "urban legend".

Date: April 12, 2015 22:40

Harm
drbryant

Don't get me wrong. That's a ridiculous amount of money for a rock concert, and I realize perfectly well that I am fortunate that I can afford it. But, even if I could only afford the worst seat in a stadium, I would probably try to be there.

I had to smile when I read the post that said that anyone who would pay $150 to see a show in a Stadium is an idiot. I remember in 1990 - I was 29 years old, just married and just started working and paying off school loans, and I went to see the Stones at Tokyo Dome eight times in two weeks - probably spent an entire month's take home pay to do it. Huge stadium; basically the same setlist every show. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I felt like I was in heaven.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home