Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 20:12

Tonyz
I hate when kids need validation for listening to classic rock.

If you're referring to me... It was just because I know that a lot of guys my age wouldn't be into the Stones or any music older than about 2005 for example. I wanted to make sure that, because of my age, I wouldn't lose any respect as a Stones fanatic. I know I'm the youngest here, and a lot of people have been to many, many Stones shows already. But I'm starting on May 24th!

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: April 14, 2015 20:13

Igot them on ticketmaster aprox 10ish on 4/13. Paid face (aprox $400) Iwas lucky with all my selections God smiles on stones fans

Date: April 14, 2015 20:22

onlystones
Igot them on ticketmaster aprox 10ish on 4/13. Paid face (aprox $400) Iwas lucky with all my selections God smiles on stones fans

Thanks onlystones! I hope you have a great time in Raleigh!!

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: April 14, 2015 20:41

stones2000
Tonyz

If you're referring to me... It was just because I know that a lot of guys my age wouldn't be into the Stones or any music older than about 2005 for example. I wanted to make sure that, because of my age, I wouldn't lose any respect as a Stones fanatic. I know I'm the youngest here, and a lot of people have been to many, many Stones shows already. But I'm starting on May 24th!

Welcome to the circus man! See all you can. Each Stones show is unique, and my school friends back in the 70's and 80's didn't get it either, only 10 people from my high school went to the show.

Roll on forever man!

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 14, 2015 20:45

Hey! Newbie on these forums, lifelong Stones fan smiling smiley

Anyone have experience with Gold VIP tickets being any good? Got nosebleed tickets for Nashville but decided "heck with that" since I haven't seen Stones since '81, so got back on and found Gold Vip tkts for section 114, but wondered if price is based more on the swag than the actual ticket location??

Thanks!

p.s. have section 315 tkts for sale facevalue, or will give away free at show if no one buys smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 21:28 by Snoopy.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 14, 2015 20:52

Freejack
stones2000
Tonyz

Welcome to the circus man! See all you can. Each Stones show is unique, and my school friends back in the 70's and 80's didn't get it either, only 10 people from my high school went to the show.

Roll on forever man!

You are never too young to Rock n Roll. Back in '72 me and several friends decided to ditch school one day when Stones tickets went on sale. The day before, one of my friends told one of his teachers that he felt like he was getting sick, so he couldn't be in class tomorrow. The teacher reached in his pocket, gave my friend some money and said, "get me a Stones ticket please"

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 14, 2015 21:14

"get me a Stones ticket please"

Posted by: StollingRones ()
Date: April 14, 2015 21:17

Question - When do y'all think the boys will be back in the states after this tour is over? I'd hate to only make one show in my life.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but if they do come back I feel like a good 'last' tour would be smaller intimate venues where they play toned down, or acoustic versions of the songs that would allow it. Am I crazy?

Date: April 14, 2015 21:20

BluzDude
Freejack
stones2000
Tonyz

Roll on forever man!

You are never too young to Rock n Roll. Back in '72 me and several friends decided to ditch school one day when Stones tickets went on sale. The day before, one of my friends told one of his teachers that he felt like he was getting sick, so he couldn't be in class tomorrow. The teacher reached in his pocket, gave my friend some money and said, "get me a Stones ticket please"

That's a really cool story! Man that must've been amazing seeing the Stones on the 1972 tour. Well, I have my Ladies and Gentlemen DVD to give me an idea of how it was

Date: April 14, 2015 21:21

Freejack
stones2000
Tonyz

Roll on forever man!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I can't wait to see them live

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 21:44

I turn 15 in November, so you're not the youngest Stones fan here...
You're so lucky to get to a concert, i saw them last june in Zurich. It was fantastic. Sorry for my english, i'm swiss...

Date: April 14, 2015 21:53

MonkeyMan2000
I turn 15 in November, so you're not the youngest Stones fan here...
You're so lucky to get to a concert, i saw them last june in Zurich. It was fantastic. Sorry for my english, i'm swiss...

Oh, nice to meet you! Well I guess it's just luck of the draw, wherever they are touring.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:22

stones2000
Freejack
stones2000
Tonyz

Roll on forever man!

My 14 year old son is excited also to be going to his second show in 2 years!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:34

Stones fanatics are Stones fanatics, plain and simple don't matter how old you are. I think it's cool to see so many new names on IORR associated with this tour!! Have a blast stones2000….can't wait to read your reviews.

Date: April 14, 2015 23:30

kovach
stones2000
Freejack
stones2000
Tonyz

Roll on forever man!

My 14 year old son is excited also to be going to his second show in 2 years!

Oh that's cool!

Date: April 14, 2015 23:31

Maindefender
Stones fanatics are Stones fanatics, plain and simple don't matter how old you are. I think it's cool to see so many new names on IORR associated with this tour!! Have a blast stones2000….can't wait to read your reviews.

Thanks for the encouragement! We're all gonna have a blast! Is there a place here to post reviews? Or would I just start a new topic?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 14, 2015 23:39

stones2000
Maindefender

Thanks for the encouragement! We're all gonna have a blast! Is there a place here to post reviews? Or would I just start a new topic?

You'll find that when each show actually comes around, bv will start a "live updates" thread a few hours before showtime - where people will post pictures and the setlist as the show progresses and YouTube clips and reviews afterwards. Great fun to follow online if you're not one of the lucky ones actually in the venue.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: April 14, 2015 23:43

its good to be anywhere
onlystones
I had secB row 10 for Raleigh lost them while I was deciding tried to get them back No Luck then I got sec c row 15 and jumped Im going to Raleigh!!!!!! Also Orlando and Nashville both row 10 or better. I got Lucky dip for Atlanta me and my aunt are going to that one she didn't want to drop hundreds.

I'm glad to be proven wrong. Section C row 15 for Raleigh are great seats! Did you get these in the Ticketmaster public on sale for face value? If you did ab
out what time did they pop up?

I got secB row 10 for Raleigh and kept it (about 11a.m.est)Ticketmaster public on sale face value. I then logged into TicketAlternative and got CL3 row 1 , also public on sale face value for Atlanta. I had to work that one because My screen went white 1st time I hit purchase ??? , had to reload and fish 30 mins before it came back up. Im happy with both- but C and D row 15 or better were not onsale , and that sucks

Date: April 14, 2015 23:52

StonesHood
its good to be anywhere
onlystones
I had secB row 10 for Raleigh lost them while I was deciding tried to get them back No Luck then I got sec c row 15 and jumped Im going to Raleigh!!!!!! Also Orlando and Nashville both row 10 or better. I got Lucky dip for Atlanta me and my aunt are going to that one she didn't want to drop hundreds.

I'm glad to be proven wrong. Section C row 15 for Raleigh are great seats! Did you get these in the Ticketmaster public on sale for face value? If you did ab
out what time did they pop up?

I got secB row 10 for Raleigh and kept it (about 11a.m.est)Ticketmaster public on sale face value. I then logged into TicketAlternative and got CL3 row 1 , also public on sale face value for Atlanta. I had to work that one because My screen went white 1st time I hit purchase ??? , had to reload and fish 30 mins before it came back up. Im happy with both- but C and D row 15 or better were not onsale , and that sucks

Date: April 14, 2015 23:53

you got my Raleigh tickets you owe me a beer

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: April 15, 2015 00:03

onlystones
you got my Raleigh tickets you owe me a beer

Sounds fair. Massive Tailgate. keep in touch.

Date: April 15, 2015 00:10

i'll be there. its gonna be stones summer. i'm on here all the time I just

don't say much
its all about the music everything else is just banter its fun watching on iorr

Date: April 15, 2015 00:39

I have read a few people here saying ticket sales were bad and some other yada yada yada blah blah blah stuff.

I have went to several stadiums on ticket master and a good pair of tickes is almost impossible to find.

So it appears to me tickets sales were great.

My question is.

Will there be warm up bands? They don't need to add them at this point. Ticket sales are strong enough without another band.

I would love to see ZZ Top in Texas and they are open that day.

Come on MICK Give us a warm up band!

The show starts at 8:00 warm up band for 45 minutes the Stones on by 9:30 done at 11:30.

It could happen

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 15, 2015 01:30

I would expect warm up bands. They usually have them at stadium shows.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: April 15, 2015 02:06

stones2000
Tonyz

Leave the kid alone, glad he likes the music. I have know idea why people can be such Aos on a web page. Enjoy and have fun.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 15, 2015 04:11

Bluzdude wrote:

You are never too young to Rock n Roll. Back in '72 me and several friends decided to ditch school one day when Stones tickets went on sale. The day before, one of my friends told one of his teachers that he felt like he was getting sick, so he couldn't be in class tomorrow. The teacher reached in his pocket, gave my friend some money and said, "get me a Stones ticket please"[/quote]

thumbs upHa ha ! That is so funny, man. But wait...what's the rest of the story? When the teacher said that did you & your friend decide not to skip school the next day since you then knew that he (the teacher) would know you were skipping or did your friend take his money & buy the ticket? Funny story there, whatever you ended up doing.thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 04:15 by tauk.

Posted by: sleepytom ()
Date: April 15, 2015 04:52

anybody ever had a seat on the left side facing the stage for a recent stones tour. I have a ticket in the third row on the far left side of the field. Never been anywhere near the floor/field for a stones stadium concert. always been sitting up in the clouds. like to hear from anyone who can give me a sense of what this left sideline section might be like?

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: April 15, 2015 05:43

stones2000
Tonyz

Eh, don't worry about it... I was the same when I was 15 (not that long ago actually!). Enjoy the show! It'll be the best night of your life.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 15, 2015 07:20

tauk
Bluzdude wrote:

thumbs upHa ha ! That is so funny, man. But wait...what's the rest of the story? When the teacher said that did you & your friend decide not to skip school the next day since you then knew that he (the teacher) would know you were skipping or did your friend take his money & buy the ticket? Funny story there, whatever you ended up doing.thumbs up[/quote]

He bought him a ticket...but seated far away from us.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 15, 2015 07:23

The Stones have not used Opening Acts on recent tours, so I doubt it this time. Otherwise they would have announced it. They may do the Special Guest thing again.

I think the set list will be interesting, as they are obviously asking fans what they want to hear online. Ultimately its up to Mick, and he tends to play it safe. They'll do the pick a song contest again.

They will do the old stadium warhorses they do every tour. That's about 8 songs. Keith will do his 2 songs. They will do a Sticky Fingers set, maybe 4 to 6 songs. So that leaves you about 5 more, since they only do 19 songs these days.

Since they will rehearse in LA, fans there can tell what they are rehearsing most often, as those are likely to be played. If they don't rehearse it, you're not going to hear it.

They don't change the formula much during the tour. Maybe 2 or 3 songs get swapped every few shows. So San Diego will be the biggest surprise, as its 1st

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2202
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home