Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:53

stones2000
Off Topic, but not important enough to start a new subject: Am I the youngest Stones fan here? I turn 15 next month. Some people I've talked to (not here) seem to think it's strange that a teenage boy would be so into the Stones.

I was 12-13 when I wore out side 3 of Hot Rocks and then I kept expanding the songs I love from there. I still love side 3 of hot rocks, no matter if people love to hate on those war horses, I love them.

15 is a fine age to be a Stones fan, they are the greatest band ever and they have never let me down.

Hey! want an idea?
Maybe use your age to your advantage at lives show... lol... seriously, start moving forward and when you hit security say "My mom/dad is up there and has the tickets and I went to the bathroom and now I cant get baaaaaaaaack.... and they will say, "its ok, go ahead".... and this is no matter who you go to the show with. There are many ways to ninja your way to the front.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:56

stones2000
Off Topic, but not important enough to start a new subject: Am I the youngest Stones fan here? I turn 15 next month. Some people I've talked to (not here) seem to think it's strange that a teenage boy would be so into the Stones.

Your parents are too young to be Rolling Stones fans.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:06

Leonioid
stones2000

I was 12-13 when I wore out side 3 of Hot Rocks and then I kept expanding the songs I love from there. I still love side 3 of hot rocks, no matter if people love to hate on those war horses, I love them.

15 is a fine age to be a Stones fan, they are the greatest band ever and they have never let me down.

Hey! want an idea?
Maybe use your age to your advantage at lives show... lol... seriously, start moving forward and when you hit security say "My mom/dad is up there and has the tickets and I went to the bathroom and now I cant get baaaaaaaaack.... and they will say, "its ok, go ahead".... and this is no matter who you go to the show with. There are many ways to ninja your way to the front.

Haha funny idea! Thanks for being so welcoming! And I love Rocks Off. Great song off an incredible album

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 19:23 by stones2000.

Date: April 14, 2015 06:17

stones2000
Leonioid
stones2000

Hey! want an idea?

Haha funny idea! Thanks for being so welcoming!

For sure, all Stones fans are welcome and heck yeah!! you should use that idea, go for it!!! I have been ninjaing concerts my whole life.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:19

Having thought about it for the past half hour, and knowing that it has led me to become completely unbalanced, (i.e., looney in the head) I have nonetheless come to a hypothesis that i am compelled to share... those ticketmaster (or tickets.com, or whomever else) security bots are not designed to keep the scalpers out of the best seats. THEY ARE DESIGNED TO KEEP *** THE FANS *** OUT!

I'm guessing i'm either a) whack-o in the head, or b) everybody else already figured that out and I have been living under a cave for the past 20 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 06:24 by josepi.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:26

stones2000

Yes! You probably are the youngest poster here on iorr. welcome and congratulations. You should probably start a Mick Taylor thread, he was also the youngest member of the band when he joined, you'd probably love his guitar playing!

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 06:28 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:29

Naturalust
stones2000

Yes! You probably are the youngest poster here on iorr. welcome and congratulations. You should probably start a Mick Taylor thread, he was also the youngest member of the band when he joined, he's all over side 3 of Hot Rocks!

peace

Yes please, more Mick Taylor! >grinning smiley<

Date: April 14, 2015 06:33

Naturalust
stones2000

Yes! You probably are the youngest poster here on iorr. welcome and congratulations. You should probably start a Mick Taylor thread, he was also the youngest member of the band when he joined, you'd probably love his guitar playing!

peace

Thanks for welcoming me! True about Mick Taylor. Plus Keith is the youngest of the original Stones, and he's my favourite Stone

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:50

that wont happen rsbestbandever,after 27 shows and 8 tours im done,unless they get off there ass's and start writing new music,and playing it live.good new music,i hate everything this band has become the last 5 years.atleast in 05 we had a good new album to be proud of,and new tunes to see live,rough jusice,back of my hand,strrets of love,rain fall down.now we have lets see,brown sugar,and iorr,and jjf,and a greatest hits show we have seen over and over again,at unbelievable prices,why?why the need to charge these prices,they have more money than god and are 10-15 years from croaking,what the hell do they have to rip off the ones who made them who they are today?there kids and there kids are set for life.for 37 years i have ate,slept,and drank the stones.but another tour with no new music,f'em.go see old 97s,best band today.and you can see them for 25 bucks.

Posted by: Barbs ()
Date: April 14, 2015 07:04

tatters
stones2000

Really? I was the biggest Rolling Stones fan ever! Pictures on the walls, every album made (wish I still had them) babysitting money went to the European imports from my favorite record store/head shop. I had my daughter when I was almost forty. She will be 15 when we go to the show. This will be her first arena concert and I'm so happy for her. So I was born 1960 and I was too young to be a Rolling Stones fan?

Love that you're here stones2000, I just joined the group too. I'm so glad I found you all! smiling smiley

Ug, I have to edit every post I make because of grammar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 07:13 by Barbs.

Date: April 14, 2015 07:33

Barbs
tatters
stones2000

Really? I was the biggest Rolling Stones fan ever! Pictures on the walls, every album made (wish I still had them) babysitting money went to the European imports from my favorite record store/head shop. I had my daughter when I was almost forty. She will be 15 when we go to the show. This will be her first arena concert and I'm so happy for her. So I was born 1960 and I was too young to be a Rolling Stones fan?

Love that you're here stones2000, I just joined the group too. I'm so glad I found you all! smiling smiley

Thank you! Yeah I've been here for about a month and a bit now. Loving it here! It's so cool to be surrounded by other stones fanatics!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 07:34 by stones2000.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 14, 2015 08:24

Barbs
tatters
stones2000

I have two daughters. The older one loves the Stones. When she was 15, I watched her leap two rows of seats to grab a pick that Ronnie had thrown from the B-stage (something I've never managed in over 50 shows over the years). She's flying from NY to meet me in Minneapolis for the show. The other one, who is 17, prefers One Direction, Taylor Swift and the like. But love em both.

Posted by: anne ()
Date: April 14, 2015 11:18

I tried to buy tickets from vividseats , but they dont accept my Mastercard.
Do they only accept orders from the United States orwhat can it be.
Im ordering from Germany !
Thank you for your help!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 14, 2015 11:43

bengigan

I"M GOING ON TOUR!!!!

Right you are guy!!!!
Your´s is the most relevant post on this thread since days.
Because that´s what it is all about.

And wonderfully expressed, bengigan!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 14, 2015 14:59

! hour after Milwaukee went on public sale there were no tickets available. 30 minutes after the majority of 25000 tickets went on General Sale, Stubhub had 3400 + tickets for sale ( 3500 + right now)

As Paulywauly pointed out to me that is an awful lot of lucky people who got through and accidentally bought tickets for a show they realized the could not attend immediately after their credit card cleared. Yeah that's how it happened."

"Martha, I just got us 2 tickets in the 3rd row for the rolling stones!"

"Now John, you know that is the night we have our 50th wedding anniversary party planned."

"Oh yeah, sorry fear...hey there is this site called stubhub..."

Paul forgot his scheduled hernia surgery that week. June is going to see her aunt in Pasadena.

It's the same old sad story 3500 times.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 14, 2015 15:43

anne
Thank you for your help!

When I bought tickets for the 14 On Fire Euro Leg, at first my Visa was denied. I called my credit card company and found out they were denied for security reasons. After I ok'd oversea purchases, with the cc co, my card was accepted.

So maybe give MasterCard a call and see what is up. Hope this helps.

Edit: I was ordering these tickets from the US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 15:44 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 14, 2015 16:13

MingSubu
anne
Thank you for your help!

When I bought tickets for the 14 On Fire Euro Leg, at first my Visa was denied. I called my credit card company and found out they were denied for security reasons. After I ok'd oversea purchases, with the cc co, my card was accepted.

So maybe give MasterCard a call and see what is up. Hope this helps.

Edit: I was ordering these tickets from the US.

This has happened to me, too. Definitely call, they will clear your card. smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:13

stones2000
Leonioid
stones2000

Hey! want an idea?

Haha funny idea! Thanks for being so welcoming! And I love Hot Rocks. Great song off an incredible album

HOT ROCKS is indeed one of the greatest hits compilations ever but... what is the great song off the album that you like?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:33

GasLightStreet
stones2000
Leonioid
stones2000

Hey! want an idea?

Haha funny idea! Thanks for being so welcoming! And I love Hot Rocks. Great song off an incredible album

HOT ROCKS is indeed one of the greatest hits compilations ever but... what is the great song off the album that you like?

Hot Rocks of course...its the greatest song since Tattoo You

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:48

I thought Exile On Main Street was the greatest song since Tattoo You. You know, the 2010 version?

Date: April 14, 2015 19:23

GasLightStreet
stones2000
Leonioid
stones2000

Hey! want an idea?

Whoops, meant Rocks Off

Date: April 14, 2015 19:24

Hopefully if/when stones2000 checks back in he will just skip over the typical internet yadda yadda... I knew what he meant and eventually he will know all the details and hopefully later in life he will give a break to a person he replies to 2025 or 2035.

Date: April 14, 2015 19:26

Leonioid
Hopefully if/when stones2000 checks back in he will just skip over the typical internet yadda yadda... I knew what he meant and eventually he will know all the details and hopefully later in life he will give a break to a person he replies to 2025 or 2035.

It's ok. I know they were just having fun. For some reason I always mix up Rocks Off with Hot Rocks. Both very popular.

Date: April 14, 2015 19:33

stones2000
Leonioid

It's ok. I know they were just having fun. For some reason I always mix up Rocks Off with Hot Rocks. Both very popular.

stones2000

Whoops, meant Rocks Off

Its all good man... and that is why I cut that part out.

Best advice is realize that sometimes some people on some internet boards can be certain ways and of course they will write it off as "just kidding", but it can get pretty yadda yadda sometimes... so sometimes best to ignore the yadda yaddaers and focus on the valuable information, which is the main reason to come to a board like this, otherwise its can get into a back and forth flame war which will attract unwanted attention from... you dont want to know.

"But I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming, (only get them off)
I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping."

I would love to hear this song on the upcoming tour.

Date: April 14, 2015 19:38

Leonioid
stones2000
Leonioid

stones2000

Whoops, meant Rocks Off

Its all good man... and that is why I cut that part out.

Best advice is realize that sometimes some people on some internet boards can be certain ways and of course they will write it off as "just kidding", but it can get pretty yadda yadda sometimes... so sometimes best to ignore the yadda yaddaers and focus on the valuable information, which is the main reason to come to a board like this, otherwise its can get into a back and forth flame war which will attract unwanted attention from... you dont want to know.

"But I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming, (only get them off)
I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping."

I would love to hear this song on the upcoming tour.

Yeah, you're right. People can get into pretty vicious fights over the internet. Especially when it's about something they're both passionate about (like here). Oh man, I'd love to hear Rocks Off too! It would be great to see Keith strum those opening chords.

Date: April 14, 2015 19:45

It appears Ticketmaster released NO $350 ($381 with fees) tickets, at face value, in the public on sale in the first 25 rows of Raleigh floor sections C and D . My goal was to find the closest seat to seat number 1 in the first 20 rows of section C or D at face value. During the Zip code presale the best I could pull up was Row 26 in Section C seat 9 which I foolishly threw back, hoping for a lower seat number as I thought I was in the middle of a great ticket drop having just pulled up Section E row 13, very high seat number. and Section B row 15, also with a very high seat number (If either of these had had a really low seat number I probably would have jumped all over them).

I was getting really discouraged during the Raleigh public on sale pulling up the same crap seats as in the presales "Section B row 36 seat 12" over and over. Not to mention Ticketmaster would lock me out after checking about 10 tickets and I would have to clear my browser and restart my computer in order to keep searching. About an hour and a half into the public on sale I was starting to get discouraged when a ticket in section D row 27 with a low seat number popped up. I immediately jumped on it. Maybe not the great seat of my dreams but definitely a very good seat and it will do just fine. BV's example of a cat sitting for hours in a field waiting for a mouse is spot on!

Date: April 14, 2015 19:58

I will just mention again, TICKET INSURANCE. I am still cleaning up the mess today.

I dont buy tickets from ticketbastard often so I fell for "the ole default box being checked" which means I would soon be spending AN EXTRA $6.99 PER TICKET for what-ever-in-the-heck "ticket insurance" is....

Only after printing off the paperwork and reading the fine print yesterday did I realize what I fell for.

So I called the insurance company yesterday and they said they canceled it, and I called my bank today and they said the authorization is stil active and could be charged up to 180 days from yesterday, so I filed the formal dispute form with the bank just in case.... then I called the insurance company back and asked if they really canceled it and I asked them to please put a note on the account so when they charge me the fee I might have a better chance of getting the money back.

The point? You might check your fine print to see if you mistakenly bought ticket insurance too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 19:59 by Leonioid.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: April 14, 2015 20:01

I had secB row 10 for Raleigh lost them while I was deciding tried to get them back No Luck then I got sec c row 15 and jumped Im going to Raleigh!!!!!! Also Orlando and Nashville both row 10 or better. I got Lucky dip for Atlanta me and my aunt are going to that one she didn't want to drop hundreds.

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: April 14, 2015 20:04

I hate when kids need validation for listening to classic rock.

Date: April 14, 2015 20:08

onlystones
I had secB row 10 for Raleigh lost them while I was deciding tried to get them back No Luck then I got sec c row 15 and jumped Im going to Raleigh!!!!!! Also Orlando and Nashville both row 10 or better. I got Lucky dip for Atlanta me and my aunt are going to that one she didn't want to drop hundreds.

I'm glad to be proven wrong. Section C row 15 for Raleigh are great seats! Did you get these in the Ticketmaster public on sale for face value? If you did about what time did they pop up?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home