Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...183184185186187188189190191192193...LastNext
Current Page: 188 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor makes public outrage on Facebook regarding Exhibitionism
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 10, 2016 19:50

HMS, I wonder if you ever met or spoke with Mick Taylor or saw him play in person, with or without the Stones?

"His haughtiness" is a phrase many would disagree with.

Re: Mick Taylor makes public outrage on Facebook regarding Exhibitionism
Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 10, 2016 22:23

HMS
He made remarks on how bad they were musically when he entered the Stones. He always felt he was a too good player for the Stones and a too good player for several other bands who seem to have invited him after he left the Stones. He refused all offered memberships because he thought he would be better off on his own, but being a skilled guitar player doesnt make him a genuine song-writer. In fact his songwriting skills (as well as his singing) are rather poor as you can hear on his first solo-effort. His haughtyness ruined his career and I dont think playing in front of 150-200 people got him very far over the last decades. Why doesnt he have a record contract for ages? Almost anyone who can carry a guitar has one, why not Taylor? I think it spread around record companies that he is a haughty, not easy to get along guy and so they dont want to have anything to do with him.

Just your opinion based entirely on conjecture. You seem to like that word, "Haughty". Maybe you should google how to spell the variations, it might give you a little more credibility...then again, maybe not.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 10, 2016 22:29

He's actually saying Mick Taylor is a "hottie." Some countries spell it differently.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: April 10, 2016 22:39

Did Taylor not think the Stones would continue as a live outfit following his departure, at least not with a set personnel? A strange view to have held.

[youtu.be]

Olly.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 10, 2016 23:30

This clip is living proof for his haughtiness.

Btw, I saw him once in the mid-90s in a small venue. Seemed that only about 100 people came to see him. He let us wait for more than one hour, maybe he was hoping more people would show up. He played a rather short set and never ever talked to the audience. I cant remember exactly but I think he didnt even introduce his band... His playing was quite good but his attitude was very haughty.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 10, 2016 23:48

Let's face it, something is wrong with the boy. He's never been able to parlay his advantage into anything lasting or fruitful. He was red hot after touring with the Stones recently. So he disappears? We saw more of him before he toured with them again. It's not like the band is a bunch of smack dogs at this late date. Whether he likes it or not, he's not a leader. The Stones music provided him a launching pad to really stretch out his leads, especially live. And he did what with that? Maybe the ghost of Brian Jones threw a curse on him. "Take my spot, will you? Here, have some of my craziness. I won't need it anymore."

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 11, 2016 00:35

God knows, if this article is true!!
[www.express.co.uk]

"I can’t help wondering why nobody has invited me… they could not find it in their hearts to include Mick Taylor.” Taylor, 67, moaned that two tickets were left on the door only after a fan complained to the gallery. “My office received a reply at the eleventh hour that they would let me have two tickets, which needed to be collected before 3pm. They know I live overseas so this does not qualify as an invitation. They waited until it became a logistical impossibility to attend.”

"Overseas", where does MT live?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 11, 2016 01:08

Honestly I had to look up the definition of haughty and in my opinion does not apply to Mick Taylor. I have seen him several times and he usually stays in his
own zone and plays his guitar. He occasionally speaks to the audience but not often. On the shows with Ronnie Wood, Ronnie did all the talking. This seems to be Mick's personality maybe not entirely comfortable on stage but not arrogant by
any stretch.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: April 11, 2016 01:13

snip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-13 01:46 by gripweed.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 11, 2016 15:18

When I talked with Mick Taylor back in the early 2000's after a concert in Germany he was very friendly and sympathetic. And I am only a 'normal' fan and no VIP, anyway. But we did not talk about the Stones.
However, his carreer after the Stones must have been VERY frustrating for him. And being taken on a big tour only to be humiliated every evening did not help, either.

Date: April 11, 2016 21:00

gripweed
mtaylor

"Overseas", where does MT live?

The Netherlands...

That explains it all, his mood - he has become like Van Gaal smileys with beer

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: April 11, 2016 22:17

van Gaal is equally disliked in my country too!...talk about haughtiness

he has serious issues..though as a coach he has a proven track record, but man, what a d**k.

Mick Taylor, hmmm

he was the hottest blues/rock soloist in the seventies,the most fluent in any case, but only in the stones!
I think it helps when you got the best rythm section ever to play with.

nevertheless, brilliant! But...outdated. his playing never really changed or evolved, and it doesn't have too.

But the stones have and always have, that's why they are the greatest! Time is always on their side...Rhythmically and emotionally he's just not in their league, even physically. Man...these guys are larger than life, I mean that's just the way it is.

I hope he doesn't get bitter over it and realizes he is a blessed human being who brought joy and excitement to a lot and had some kicks and fun along the way, i'm sure.

Date: April 11, 2016 22:36

mudbone

Rhythmically and emotionally he's just not in their league, even physically. Man...these guys are larger than life, I mean that's just the way it is.

Emotionally I have my doubts as well., but musically, he was and is absolutely in their league. It only requires a bit of practise/routine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-11 22:37 by DancelittleSister.

Date: April 12, 2016 00:32

I hope Taylor strikes back with a great album.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 12, 2016 02:57

DandelionPowderman

Yes I do too!

Maybe he could do one of those albums with guest vocalists and/or guitarists -
thinking Greg Allman, Paul Rogers, Billy Gibbons, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt, Susan Tedeschi, Keith, Clapton, Beck, Page, etc., etc., etc.

Or maybe just a solid solo album of instrumentals. thumbs up

Date: April 12, 2016 09:27

Good picture of him on Facebook at David Bowie exhibition

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 12, 2016 10:30

Hairball
DandelionPowderman

Yes I do too!

Maybe he could do one of those albums with guest vocalists and/or guitarists -
thinking Greg Allman, Paul Rogers, Billy Gibbons, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt, Susan Tedeschi, Keith, Clapton, Beck, Page, etc., etc., etc.

Or maybe just a solid solo album of instrumentals. thumbs up
yesthumbs up

Date: April 12, 2016 10:48

I'm sure, with the right songs, he could sing them pretty good as well.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 12, 2016 11:45

A blues album would be good...

Date: April 12, 2016 11:56

That's what he always plays. What about a mix of blues, soul, acoustic numbers and lengthy jazz/world music pieces?

Date: April 12, 2016 11:56

DandelionPowderman

Strikes back? What do you mean DP?

Date: April 12, 2016 12:01

DancelittleSister
DandelionPowderman

I just hope he will come back doing what he does best: playing good music.

Date: April 12, 2016 12:13

DandelionPowderman
DancelittleSister
DandelionPowderman

I just hope he will come back doing what he does best: playing good music.

We have no crystal ball but that would be great indeed.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 12, 2016 12:31

To "strike back" with "a great album" it would be helpful to have a record contract, which he hasnt to my knowledge. And the past has shown clearly that no label is interested in him.

Dreaming of an album including guest-stars like the above mentioned superstars is completely unrealsistic.

MT is so down and out, no label will ever sign him again - there is no money to earn and that´s what music business is all about. Once he recorded one of the most expensivse albums of the 70s and it totally flopped. This lingers on. Sometimes I wonder why nobody is interested in him and why everything he does fails. It must be his haughtiness, what else could it be? Why wasnt he invited to play with Ringo Starr´s All Star Band for instance or why did Bill Wyman not show any interest as he formed the Rythmn Kings? Everybody seems to say: "MT, oh no not this guy." It´s very strange indeed.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 12, 2016 14:54

MT finally went to see the exhibition - just it was Bowie exhibition in Berlin...

This comment (presumably from MT) was written along the photo :

"It was good to view The Exhibition on closing day.
Hearing the news of David Bowie's passing 3 months ago really affected me. Raised in a London suburb, he started out performing blues covers as Davie Jones (and the King Bees).
I remember the first time we crossed paths. La Giaconda coffee bar, Denmark St, in 1965.

He was a trailblazer and a multi-faceted talent who never stopped being innovative during his 54 year career as an artist.

Special thanks to Andreas Blühm (ein 'Berliner') for the kind invite."

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 12, 2016 22:14

HMS

MT is so down and out, no label will ever sign him again - there is no money to earn and that´s what music business is all about. Once he recorded one of the most expensivse albums of the 70s and it totally flopped. This lingers on. Sometimes I wonder why nobody is interested in him and why everything he does fails. It must be his haughtiness, what else could it be? Why wasnt he invited to play with Ringo Starr´s All Star Band for instance or why did Bill Wyman not show any interest as he formed the Rythmn Kings? Everybody seems to say: "MT, oh no not this guy." It´s very strange indeed.

You just kind of make stuff up as you go, don't you. You might want to do a little research on Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman & The Rhythm Kings.

Posting about something you know nothing about and expecting people to buy into it just because YOU posted it could be considered.....um....haughty!

Date: April 12, 2016 22:26

DancelittleSister
Wasn't this picture taken in Groningen (Netherlands), closing day last Sunday? I missed it. Never knew Taylor was such a big Bowie fan.

Could also be a little "kick" to his fellow former band-mates.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 12, 2016 23:04

Mick Taylor has taken the mantle as the grumpiest ex-Stone. God knows what goes on in his mind. I don't think he valued what had with the Stones. I think after he was in the cold, cold world for some time he began to see it differently. That elfin character from the early 70s grew into this overweight contrarian. The best way for him to make coin, and get some respect back, was to tour after he reunited with the Stones. But he didn't. And we don't know why. He doesn't seem to answer anything. I don't really feel sorry for him because he's not stupid. I just think it's pride. He probably can't believe the Stones are still around and he's nowhere. And the longer he sits on his ass in Groningen, the more good will he's burning up from the Stones tour.

He's obviously not a leader, and I'm sure that galls him. He was a talented accompanist who took the Stones music a little higher. But he wasn't the Stones. That core four continued to make hit records until 1989. And what was left has had a spectacular Greatest Hits Live after glow. For all of Ronnie's previous problems he did show up and do a credible job. I'm beginning to think Mick Taylor's biggest problem is Mick Taylor.

Date: April 12, 2016 23:18

Come on, MT apparently just does what he wants. If he doesn't want to actively pursue a career he certainly doesn't have to. He is obviously set up well enough to get by and can dabble in music on his own terms. There is no obligation to anyone to do anything more than that if he doesn't want to.

Give the guy a break!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 12, 2016 23:50

Has anyone ever considered he was sort of a child prodigy? Joined the
Rolling Stones at 19 years old! 19 years old and a recognized guitar virtuoso.
Nowadays, we can't believe how politically correct everything is,
but at least it's established that very young gifted folk with these rare talents may have another part of their brain not work socially like most everyone else's.
Then throw some hard drugs and massive fame on top.
I hope he has a lovely little home in the Netherlands with a good woman.
And a RS monthly pension if he needs it.
My .02 cents.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...183184185186187188189190191192193...LastNext
Current Page: 188 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2041
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home