Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...180181182183184185186187188189190...LastNext
Current Page: 185 of 310
Re: Mick Taylor makes public outrage on Facebook regarding Exhibitionism
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 6, 2016 21:56

This FB affair is just the latest example of a red line of extremely ill-advised career decisions that have haunted Taylor since he left the Stones.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 6, 2016 22:31

alimente
This FB affair is just the latest example of a red line of extremely ill-advised career decisions that have haunted Taylor since he left the Stones.

When Mick Taylor was asked to tour with Free, he was still a member of the Stones and did not want to leave the Stones at that time.

Date: April 6, 2016 23:21

boogaloojef
alimente

When Mick Taylor was asked to tour with Free, he was still a member of the Stones and did not want to leave the Stones at that time.

I was not talking about Free or Bad Company, but about this facebook affair and the time since he left the Stones in general.

Posted by: TaylorYears ()
Date: April 6, 2016 23:25

------

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2016 23:27

alimente

His worst decision was joining the stones.

Date: April 6, 2016 23:47

His Majesty
alimente

As a musician or a human being?

Date: April 6, 2016 23:56

DancelittleSister
His Majesty
alimente

Both, because one affects the other and vice versa.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:06

jazzbass
I received a "personal" reply from Mick today. I'll never wash my computer screen again.

There's still at least one picture of Taylor on the Exhibitionism FB page. I wonder if Taylor even knows his manager is typing this.

Date: April 7, 2016 00:12

His Majesty
DancelittleSister
His Majesty
alimente

Both, because one affects the other and vice versa.

Well he questioned it himself. I think he did a splendid job with the Stones-back in the 7-tees.

Date: April 7, 2016 00:15

---------

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:44

Having his photos removed will only further diminish the general public's knowledge of his importance and great work, instead of using the opportunity to leverage some of that publicity to reignite his solo career. Not to mention further damage his relationship with The Stones.

Terrible management of his affairs.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:50

lem motlow
boogaloojef
lem motlow
it's actually worse than you think.....Taylor had a chance to join Bad Company when he left the stones.

that might not seem like a big deal now in 2016 but Badco were THE bigtime new band in 74.they were the first band to sign on swansong and their debut was huge,they went on to have a great career through the 70's.even keith said "nobody wanted to work this year so Bad Company walked away with everything"

they were a damn good band too,the reincarnation of the old Free.if Taylor had joined them....i know he did it to himself but..damn

Actually Free wanted him to tour with them but he declined so they got Wendell Richardson instead.

that was probably early on,when Paul kasoff died no?i know that late 73/ early 74 Paul Rogers and Simon Kirke met with him and they were putting BadcCo together but he declined because he was still in the Stones.
as you know They ended up getting Mott the Hoople guitarist Mick Ralphs instead and the rest is history-a multi million record selling,successfully touring the world history for them.
Taylor he goes and quits the Stones a few months later anyway and makes a band with Jack Bruce that fell apart after a year.
it's like the rock landing on wil e. coyote after he after he falls off the cliff..
Could you really imagine Mick Taylor playing on songs like Feelin Like Making Love? He was musically bored with the Stones, and IORR was a much more adventurous album than anything Bad Company released.

On the topic of this thread: if Taylor is reading what is posted on his FB and condoning it then he must be in a pretty bad place mentally, this is not doing him any good thats for sure. The way Mick, Keith et al have handled the situation with him is not to be commended at all either.If it his girlfriend/manager as has been speculated then maybe she should take a step back and look at what she is doing, just making this situation worse. Why not privately air his grievances?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 00:54 by erad.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: April 7, 2016 03:28

I just checked the Exhibitionism website, and the IORR video is still posted. The original one from the '70s with Mick Taylor, back when Mick T. looked like a Bay City Roller instead of a chunky old roadie. So, he and his manager have not been entirely successful in getting his image taken down from all the sites.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 7, 2016 03:32

This story just gets stranger and stranger and it's impossible to know where the truth lies....it's he said, she said, like a bad divorce. I don't even think I want to read this thread anymore. sad smiley

Date: April 7, 2016 03:51

His Majesty
alimente

Nice joke indeed, but what would have become of him without joining the Stones?

Date: April 7, 2016 03:54

jammingedward
Having his photos removed will only further diminish the general public's knowledge of his importance and great work, instead of using the opportunity to leverage some of that publicity to reignite his solo career. Not to mention further damage his relationship with The Stones.

It's always been that way, sadly.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 7, 2016 04:36

My personal opinion is that MT was treated poorly by the band. There ARE two sides to the story but hey, the Stones have millions and he does not...not sure of all the reasons for this but he has legitimate reasons for being upset. He was not given writing credits way back in the 70's for his contribution to songs he helped write. He quit, according to him, to save his own life when Keith was so screwed up on heroin etc and he started to use. Mick Taylor has a bad back and years ago got into meds for the pain that messed him up. That is only a tiny part of his story. The Stones COULD have been magnaminous and invited him to the opening of this show. What would it have hurt? I know that when he was on your with them in 2013 there was some unwanted drama...isn't there always with the Stones? Give the guy a BREAK! He is a brilliant guitar player and I have always suspected Keith is the one who prefers he stay away....jealousy rears its' ugly head again. I saw MT with the Stones in 2013 and when he played SWAY, it was amazing! No one can touch his particular style, IMO. They cannot deny the impact he had on them musically when he was a Stone!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 7, 2016 06:39

When there is a dispute it is important to listen to the two versions, otherwise it is like speaking of nothing. Taylor should be given in the hands of managers and lawyers his grievances and forget the Stones and think about his career.
I 'a great guitarist and has a name, I do not understand why you never see around playing.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 7, 2016 12:10

jammingedward

Agreed. What's the point in messing with old photos. I thought that being remembered for his contributions to the Stones is what he wanted.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 7, 2016 12:14

latebloomer
This story just gets stranger and stranger and it's impossible to know where the truth lies....it's he said, she said, like a bad divorce. I don't even think I want to read this thread anymore. sad smiley

I feel the same. Don't really know what's happened so don't feel I want to comment except that it's a shame there seems to be such bad feeling.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 7, 2016 13:51

mickschix
My personal opinion is that MT was treated poorly by the band. There ARE two sides to the story but hey, the Stones have millions and he does not...not sure of all the reasons for this but he has legitimate reasons for being upset. He was not given writing credits way back in the 70's for his contribution to songs he helped write. He quit, according to him, to save his own life when Keith was so screwed up on heroin etc and he started to use. Mick Taylor has a bad back and years ago got into meds for the pain that messed him up. That is only a tiny part of his story. The Stones COULD have been magnaminous and invited him to the opening of this show. What would it have hurt? I know that when he was on your with them in 2013 there was some unwanted drama...isn't there always with the Stones? Give the guy a BREAK! He is a brilliant guitar player and I have always suspected Keith is the one who prefers he stay away....jealousy rears its' ugly head again. I saw MT with the Stones in 2013 and when he played SWAY, it was amazing! No one can touch his particular style, IMO. They cannot deny the impact he had on them musically when he was a Stone!

This is all such bollocks. Taylor didn't receive writing credits because he didn't write songs. He quit to save his life, only to join Jack Bruce, who was even a bigger heroin addict than Keith. The Stones put their ego aside on various occaissions: Kansas City in 1981, Keith's solo album , and the 2013 and 2014 tour.

And instead of taking that huge opportunity to revive his carreer, he basically blew it by being unrehearsed, taking the spot light too much, and annoying Mick and Keith by taking over too much. Watch Midnight Rambler from Berlin 2014 and you know what I mean.

Mathijs

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 14:11

Mick Taylor is boring.

The Rolling Stones are great, exciting and cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 14:12 by 1962.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 7, 2016 14:17

mickschix

All of this might be (partly) true, but it's not the point. If someone has an ex who treated him like shit 30 years ago, one can keep on moaning about it in the local pub, but I guarantee you that the regulars of the pub would look for a seat far away from him.
It would be much more recomendable for him to accept his losses (however unfair) and go on with his life. That's what Bill did: critizing the Stones for things he doesn't agree with but without letting it stand in the way of getting on with his life. Which makes that he could visit the Exhibition gracefully. And even though Bill is not musically on the level of Mick Taylor (at least technically), he did start his own band, has some moderate success with it and enjoys it.
I am really very sorry for Mick Taylor, but either he or some people around him are making things much worse for him and it's getting all real sad and pathetic. It's time for him to realize that his undeniable talent didn't bring him what he thought it would bring him, and at least for *that* he cannot blame the Stones. Maybe he should have heeded more the advice of "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

Date: April 7, 2016 14:21

--------

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 7, 2016 14:34

why the hell would he had been invited ? he is no longer a Stones member. And Bill was one till 91 (not 74) and he is not invited as well.
Sorry but Taylor bored me when I saw him in solo, spending his time to adjust the amp to play louder than others and he refused to sign any records couple of years ago preferring making a no smiling face all the time. Do you enjoy life MT ?
I prefer my Stones signing records (I miss a Keith signature smiling smiley and having this smile
aren't they superb ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 15:06

toomuchforme
why the hell would he had been invited ? he is no longer a Stones member. And Bill was one till 91 (not 74) and he is not invited as well.
Sorry but Taylor bored me when I saw him in solo, spending his time to adjust the amp to play louder than others and he refused to sign any records couple of years ago preferring making a no smiling face all the time. Do you enjoy life MT ?
I prefer my Stones signing records (I miss a Keith signature smiling smiley and having this smile
aren't they superb ?

Bill was invited and was there, and the other Stones were apparently happy that he was there as well as the crowd outside the opening of the Exhobitionism.

Date: April 7, 2016 15:21

--------

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 7, 2016 15:35

I don't think anyone on the board can know the truth of this one unless they are "insiders" who have links to both camps.

Chatting to the Stones staff on the opening night, they were very clear that MT had been invited in good time and expressed disappointment that he was not coming.On the other hand, of course, Several posters have said that this is just not true, presumably based on talking to MT or his friends.

We will never know the truth but the sad thing is, it makes it does make it even more unlikely MT could guest on a blues recording which would have been a nice finale for the band.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: April 7, 2016 15:43

This is getting pretty ugly.....sheesh. Sorry The Stones removed Mick Taylors images and relationship with the band in their exhibitionism..IF THAT IS TRUE...Those really add to his legacy, and high point of his career...isn't he proud of that work? The Stones have done so much in their career....it's unbelieveable they are still going, and put on such a great live performances. Mick Taylor is only part of their great work, and I think seeing him perform with them during the 50 and counting tour was a big pleasure. At the same time, I've been to many many shows, and they really were just as great live without him, in my personal opinion.....The Stripped box set they are about to release will be the best live Stones ever officially released....the blues soul hits you in the face and communicates right with the heart. Who cares if he is technically a better musician, sometimes you just gotta communicate emotion. Sorry Mick Taylor should have been invited....but he is starting to sound like William Shatner when he didn't get invited to Takei's wedding.....there is something going on here more than the public is aware. Bill Wyman and family was at The Exibitionism, and I have a sure feeling they would have welcomed him as well....by the way Takei says he invited Shatner, and Shatner said he didn't.......who cares? Star Trek fans...that's who.....Mick Taylor....are you a Star Trek fan?

Date: April 7, 2016 16:05

alimente
His Majesty

Nice joke indeed, but what would have become of him without joining the Stones?

It's not a joke. It's something Taylor himself has pondered.

As for what ifs... I guess he would have escaped the particular mind, body and soul @#$%& that being with and for ever related to the stones has brought him.

He was thinking of doing a solo album in 1969, who knows.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...180181182183184185186187188189190...LastNext
Current Page: 185 of 310

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home