Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:22

LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
kleermaker

Another interesting moment is when Keith shouts Taylor down when he's adding some melodic licks to the Tumbling Dice riff at the end of the song instead of reinforcing the riff.

How did Taylor react, did he even notice it?

Here you have it, you lazy bastard smiling smiley

See between 3:00 and 3:20, read Keith's lips at about 3:10 and observe Taylor's reaction yourself.

IC, he finishes the melodic line, about 6 seconds, and than plays along
with Richards and Wyman. He should have shouted "@#$%& you" and have doubled the amount of notes. This ending of the song is utterly boring and too predictable.

I believe this clip captures the essence of the debate. I think Keith was right; others don't. Fair enough.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:33

LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
kleermaker

Another interesting moment is when Keith shouts Taylor down when he's adding some melodic licks to the Tumbling Dice riff at the end of the song instead of reinforcing the riff.

See between 3:00 and 3:20, read Keith's lips at about 3:10 and observe Taylor's reaction yourself.

with Richards and Wyman. He should have shouted "@#$%& you" and have doubled the amount of notes. This ending of the song is utterly boring and too predictable.

Exactly my thoughts.

But during the 1973 tour he did it his way (one of the best live Stones songs ever performed):

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:35

Turner68
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
kleermaker

I believe this clip captures the essence of the debate. I think Keith was right; others don't. Fair enough.

Excellent judgement, although I wonder if Taylor noticed Keith's shouting in this very case. The footage doesn't show it. Maybe Taylor planned to play like this anyway, the lazy bastard.

Date: May 25, 2015 00:40

LuxuryStones
Turner68
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
kleermaker

Excellent judgement, although I wonder if Taylor noticed Keith's shouting in this very case. The footage doesn't show it. Maybe Taylor planned to play like this anyway, the lazy bastard.

Haha, I think he did notice it, but continued for another 5 or 6 seconds and then followed Keith's command. But in 1973 it was another ball game, as I've shown by the Brussels first show video of the same song.

Date: May 25, 2015 00:41

kleermaker
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
kleermaker

Exactly my thoughts.

But during the 1973 tour he did it his way (one of the best live Stones songs ever performed):

edited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 00:45 by LuxuryStones.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:49

If we get a show even close to those old Taylor clips tonight I'll be happy!! Makes me remember how up front, energized and important Keith was more than anything else. A simpler band with each core members contributions such an integral part of the music. No overdone B/G vocals or reliance on the second guitarist or piano to carry the main groove.

C'mon Stones lay it all on the line tonight!! Me and 5 others will be proudly representing the Taylor freaks tonight during this SF show. They certainly have their work cut out for them...Ha!

peace

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: May 25, 2015 01:02

Turner68
If anyone asked me what rock and roll was I would play them little queenie and carol from those tours.

So true.

I've said that exact same sentence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 01:12 by Reagan.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: May 25, 2015 01:11

71Tele
They brought out the best in each other, obviously, and neither is as good without the other...

Right on.

The Stones were great before Taylor, and they were great after Taylor. But they were never better than they were with Taylor.

And no, it wasn't all because of him. It's never all because of anybody. But he was an important ingredient.

You can call me a Taylorite. But I'm also a Woodyite and a Keithite and even a Jonesite. I'm a Stonesfan. I find something to love about every era. But nothing makes my jaw drop in awe as when I listen to that golden Taylor era with The Stones.

Date: May 25, 2015 02:03

Reagan
Turner68
If anyone asked me what rock and roll was I would play them little queenie and carol from those tours.

So true.

can't say i've ever agreed with a man named Reagan before ;-) but yes!

Date: May 25, 2015 03:02

Turner68
Reagan
Turner68

So true.

Turner, just a private question which you of course don't have to answer, but tell me: are you a man or a woman? It's of interest because of an eventual next question concerning MT in the Stones.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 25, 2015 04:51

Turner68
dcba
Can we pour some gasoline on the ashes of this dying thread?

I'll try : I never liked MT cause he used super-light gauge strings. A real guitarist uses a .010-046 or even better a .011-052 set of strings.

i actually liked him better before i started reading this thread and seeing how his fans all think he makes or breaks the rolling stones.

There was a time here, not too long ago, when a handful of Brian Jones fans were active, you might have started to like him a bit less as well. The thread wouldn't have gotten to 100 pages but factoring in how long ago he died, one could make a comparison... Eventually though I started to appreciate Brian Jones more as I learned a bit I wasn't aware of beforehand. Obviously, there was no threat or disappointment of BJ joining or not joining them in 2015, and that takes the edge off.. but make no mistake about the partisanship of the BJ crowd. And, while there is virtually no one inferring Ronnie Wood makes or breaks the Stones at the moment, imagine for just a second he was taken out of the equation in 2013 (or 1990, etc) or quit for some reason...and replaced...with whomever.. There would be a great deal of disappointment I think. Stones would still sell tickets though I'm sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 04:57 by SweetThing.

Date: May 25, 2015 04:58

kleermaker
Turner68
Reagan
Turner68

So true.

Turner, just a private question which you of course don't have to answer, but tell me: are you a man or a woman? It's of interest because of an eventual next question concerning MT in the Stones.

i'm male.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 25, 2015 05:02

Turner68
dcba

I'll try : I never liked MT cause he used super-light gauge strings. A real guitarist uses a .010-046 or even better a .011-052 set of strings.

i actually liked him better before i started reading this thread and seeing how his fans all think he makes or breaks the rolling stones.

You are not alone. Many of us have the same reaction as they make sure this thread stays bumped to the top of the board.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 05:36

LuxuryStones
Dreamer
LuxuryStones
onlystones
MT's agent should call every major insurance company and let them know his client is available to play in the event any of unforeseen circumstances like a lead guitarist falling off of a stage.

MT's agent?

His Dutch girlfriend. Posting here as Chacal and formerly posted as SundanceKid.

Ah, thanks, I didn't know that.

Mmm...reading the back posts pretty much spells it out then...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 25, 2015 06:19

Leonioid
Turner68
dcba

You are not alone. Many of us have the same reaction as they make sure this thread stays bumped to the top of the board.

Yeah, but of course that's not what most of us say (or believe) despite the repeated accusation that we do.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 25, 2015 07:20

The purpose of the thread is to not polute the other threads with MT talk. It is fair and has made the entire site neater.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 16:05 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: May 25, 2015 09:54

A great instrumental that Mick Taylor adds his incredible VIBRATO on...

Mick Taylor and Black Cat Bone - "Mick's Song"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 10:06 by gripweed.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 25, 2015 10:49

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 12:04 by Leonioid.

Date: May 25, 2015 12:08

palerider22

Mmm...reading the back posts pretty much spells it out then...

Good morning.

Date: May 25, 2015 12:18

gripweed
A great instrumental that Mick Taylor adds his incredible VIBRATO on...

Mick Taylor and Black Cat Bone - "Mick's Song"

thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 25, 2015 15:47

Date: May 25, 2015 15:56

mtaylor

M.T. on the road. By bike.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 25, 2015 16:22

this is a very nice photo.

home, and happy.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 25, 2015 16:33

duke richardson
this is a very nice photo.

home, and happy.

Definitely. He should be inviting over fellow luminaries to jam and write some songs.

Date: May 25, 2015 20:02

kleermaker

Formerly as a guitarist. Let's hope he changes his mind very soon smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 25, 2015 20:14

LuxuryStones
kleermaker

Formerly as a guitarist. Let's hope he changes his mind very soon smiling smiley
Still a guitarist. I guess the cat plays better than RW ;-)

Date: May 25, 2015 20:25

mtaylor
LuxuryStones
kleermaker

Still a guitarist. I guess the cat plays better than RW ;-)

He's more talented, that's for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 20:34 by LuxuryStones.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:51

Ronnie did a great solo on CYHMK last night. Mick Taylor who? When?

Date: May 25, 2015 21:57

roller99

I listened to it, but to spare your feelings I won't comment on it.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 22:03

kleermaker
roller99

I listened to it, but to spare your feelings I won't comment on it.

Spare my feelings? That would imply you think your comments could serve as anything but a humorous diatribe.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1422
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home