Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 308
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 21, 2015 17:18

MCDDTLC
Stoneburst
With thanks to Kleerie for the video, were the Stones to take the time to work with Taylor and let him play on, say, Beast of Burden, here's what it might sound like. We can always dream, right?

Hey Stonie - I provided this recording to Kleerie - was at the 1st show!! Taylor was on fire!! if you could hear a good recording of SWAY - only one out there is a boot - Carla said she might release the 1st show - some day.. MLC

I hope she does release it because I have been trying to hear their version of Rocks Off!

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: March 21, 2015 17:28

Up to the time of the Roundhouse Show, nothing had changed about his exclusion of the upcoming USA Tour.

About the MickTaylor.com website, that was not controlled by MT nor the Facebook page it was linked with. It is a deep complicated mess and what I was told of the details won't be discussed by me on here. The only social media sites currently controlled by MT's people is the Facebook page with 4167 LIKES at this time.
I am hoping Ronnie was able to give MT some insight as to why he was told he would not be included on the upcoming shows.
I still hope the situation changes and he is included especially when it comes to the SF.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 21, 2015 17:40

Fredluvzstones
Up to the time of the Roundhouse Show, nothing had changed about his exclusion of the upcoming USA Tour.

About the MickTaylor.com website, that was not controlled by MT nor the Facebook page it was linked with. It is a deep complicated mess and what I was told of the details won't be discussed by me on here. The only social media sites currently controlled by MT's people is the Facebook page with 4167 LIKES at this time.
I am hoping Ronnie was able to give MT some insight as to why he was told he would not be included on the upcoming shows.
I still hope the situation changes and he is included especially when it comes to the SF.

Really not fair to tease us. Please share some details. People simply cannot understand why he is not being included.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 21, 2015 18:26

71Tele
Fredluvzstones

Really not fair to tease us. Please share some details. People simply cannot understand why he is not being included.

Ever since the O2 shows there's been no shortage of people on this board claiming to have inside contacts or some insight into the band's dealings, particularly vis a vis the Taylor situation. The law of averages says some are probably legit but few if any have ever backed up their claims or shed any light whatsoever on what's happening, so I usually just assume they're bluffing and wait for them to prove otherwise

Date: March 21, 2015 18:53

I have NO IDEA why he would not be included!!!
Every single person I know that saw these Gigs felt it was the highlight of the show seeing him back playing with the band. They wanted to see even more shows because of his inclusion.

It makes no sense to me unless it has to do with the attention he was getting from the 2 or so songs he was allowed to play on.

My Contact has no idea either!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 21, 2015 18:53

Wow!!!! Pages of Mick Taylor!

Here's my Mick Taylor reminiscence. It was 1966 or7, John Mayall was touring and came by NYC. I am sure it was the summer outdoors concert series held in Central Park, probably at the Wolman Skating Rink. Me and my friends all knew that Eric Clapton had left. We were big Clapton and Yardbirds fans. Mick Taylor had joined Mayall and was playing guitar front and center. By the front mike. Not the way he played with the Stones which was set back from the main action of Mick and Keith and never singing.

Mayall and company came out swinging and put on a great upbeat show. BTW also saw the Byrds at that summer venue. It was a great place to pay and go in the concert place or just sit outside it on the grass (non-paying) and hear and see it. Whoever put on this series, got the idea for it, was a genius

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: March 21, 2015 21:07

Fredluvzstones

Lol.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: March 21, 2015 22:00

Stoneburst
Ever since the O2 shows there's been no shortage of people on this board claiming to have inside contacts or some insight into the band's dealings, particularly vis a vis the Taylor situation. The law of averages says some are probably legit but few if any have ever backed up their claims or shed any light whatsoever on what's happening, so I usually just assume they're bluffing and wait for them to prove otherwise

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but if I am shared information & am told not to say anything, I don't... it's best to let the powers that be make the announcements when the time is right (and correct info). Having operated Mick's fan website for the better part of 13 years I know what can & can't be posted, the same goes on Mick's FB Page, it's run by a team and when something needs to be announced it is

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: March 21, 2015 22:22

gotdablouse
Ronnie and Mick :

I sent this picture to a forensic psychologist (who owed me a favor) asking for a dissection - paying particular attention to the man on the right.

I wanted to know the answer to the following questions:

1) Does either man look especially anxious (especially the man on the right)? Is it possible to ascertain the degree of disappointment the man on the right is feeling by not receiving an invitation to something that is indisputably the absolute epicenter, the 'event horizon' if you will, of not only his life, but an astonishing number of other people's lives as well?

2) Are there any signs which might suggest that the man on the right didn't fully explore his special talent?

3) Is it possible to discern the level of gratitude the man on the right is feeling towards the man on the left for attempting to provide, for the former, 'moral support'?

4) How much 'stiff upper lip' do both men possess?

Today I received an e-mail which suggested I seek the advice of a person qualified to treat obsessive compulsive disorder and paranoia. Though disappointed by the brevity of the response, as a person who looks at problems with a 'glass half full' attitude, I remain optimistic the expert I find in the referred field will be able to answer my questions.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 21, 2015 22:25

gripweed
Stoneburst

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but if I am shared information & am told not to say anything, I don't... it's best to let the powers that be make the announcements when the time is right (and correct info). Having operated Mick's fan website for the better part of 13 years I know what can & can't be posted, the same goes on Mick's FB Page, it's run by a team and when something needs to be announced it is

I completely understand why discretion is important, my point was more that there are so many people on boards like this claiming such access (needless to say, I don't mean you) that after a while you just get bored of various posters saying they know the situation but can't actually say what it is.

By the way, discretion allowing: can you tell us anything about MT's Facebook, as in does he sometimes post on it himself?

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: March 21, 2015 22:28

TonyMo
gotdablouse
Ronnie and Mick :

I sent this picture to a forensic psychologist (who owed me a favor) asking for a dissection - paying particular attention to the man on the right.

I wanted to know the answer to the following questions:

1) Does either man look especially anxious (especially the man on the right)? Is it possible to ascertain the degree of disappointment the man on the right is feeling by not receiving an invitation to something that is indisputably the absolute epicenter, the 'event horizon' if you will, of not only his life, but an astonishing number of other people's lives as well?

2) Are there any signs which might suggest that the man on the right didn't fully explore his special talent?

3) Is it possible to discern the level of gratitude the man on the right is feeling towards the man on the left for attempting to provide, for the former, 'moral support'?

4) How much 'stiff upper lip' do both men possess?

Today I received an e-mail which suggested I seek the advice of a person qualified to treat obsessive compulsive disorder and paranoia. Though disappointed by the brevity of the response, as a person who looks at problems with a 'glass half full' attitude, I remain optimistic the expert I find in the referred field will be able to answer my questions.

Is there any footage available, that would provide all the information required ?

Date: March 22, 2015 01:23

Fredluvzstones
Every single person I know that saw these Gigs felt it was the highlight of the show seeing him back playing with the band. They wanted to see even more shows because of his inclusion.

It makes no sense to me unless it has to do with the attention he was getting from the 2 or so songs he was allowed to play on.

Um, you said it was a complicated mess and you won"t reveal details of what you were told. How does that jibe with you now saying you have no idea?

Date: March 22, 2015 01:29

gripweed
Stoneburst

It's very strange that this is being treated like a state secret. It's just a band and a guitarist, for God's sake. If Taylor has already been disinvited, what does he have to lose by telling us why, and what do the Stones have to lose? Bottom line for me is, no Taylor, no shows. Been there, done that. Taylor is the only musically interesting ingredient they can offer me to see the band beyond the 35 or 40 times I already have. More money to spend on women and booze.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:17

71Tele
It's very strange that this is being treated like a state secret. It's just a band and a guitarist, for God's sake. If Taylor has already been disinvited, what does he have to lose by telling us why, and what do the Stones have to lose? Bottom line for me is, no Taylor, no shows. Been there, done that. Taylor is the only musically interesting ingredient they can offer me to see the band beyond the 35 or 40 times I already have. More money to spend on women and booze.

Do you feel that at this point Taylor is the one who owes the fans an explanation ? Maybe you didn't mean that. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting your comment correctly.

It would be an interesting way to look at the situation - especially since he did communicate, while the Stones (or their representatives) did not.
It's not very difficult to guess what the Stones could lose from making a public announcement regarding Taylor's non involvement. As is in evidence from the statement you just posted.
You're probably not the only fan who would take the Taylor factor into consideration before deciding to purchase a ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-22 02:49 by Chacal.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:28

I'm surprised Taylor hasn't used the exposure of the past couple of years to re-boot his solo career. He quit this band many years ago so why would an artist of his caliber tie up more of his career being featured on one song with the band he left? One would think he'd be able resume touring and recording as a solo artist in a more selective mode after being brought back into the spotlight.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-22 02:31 by bleedingman.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:31

Mick Taylor is gonna be on the next leg of the Tour. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:50

crawdaddy

No he isn't, Tony.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 22, 2015 03:07

Chacal
crawdaddy

No he isn't, Tony.

Why not?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 22, 2015 03:11

bleedingman
I'm surprised Taylor hasn't used the exposure of the past couple of years to re-boot his solo career. He quit this band many years ago so why would an artist of his caliber tie up more of his career being featured on one song with the band he left? One would think he'd be able resume touring and recording as a solo artist in a more selective mode after being brought back into the spotlight.

I believe that Taylor's return to the Stones has very little, if any effect on his solo "career". He won't get a lucrative recording deal, and his solo shows won't switch from tiny places to concert halls. These days are over.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: March 22, 2015 03:42

It would be really cool to let him be an opening act for few shows ad playing some blues numbers, but then again he may be a hard act to follow.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 22, 2015 04:03

The Rolling Stones are not M.Taylor! I adore both Wood Taylor, guitarists are very different. But the Rolling Stones are the Rolling Stones not Wood or Taylor. We know that Taylor was invited as a guest of the tour was not invited to join the band. Ciao

everything's turning to gold

Date: March 22, 2015 04:34

71Tele
Fredluvzstones

Um, you said it was a complicated mess and you won"t reveal details of what you were told. How does that jibe with you now saying you have no idea?

71Tele, the complicated mess I was refering to was the Facebook and web page stuff.

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: March 22, 2015 05:24

PhillyFAN
It would be really cool to let him be an opening act for few shows ad playing some blues numbers, but then again he may be a hard act to follow.

Dude, don't rip me off!

Posted by: Getondown ()
Date: March 22, 2015 05:27

Mick Taylor is the best lead guitarist of all time. He should be back in The Stones.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 22, 2015 05:44

alimente
bleedingman

I believe that Taylor's return to the Stones has very little, if any effect on his solo "career". He won't get a lucrative recording deal, and his solo shows won't switch from tiny places to concert halls. These days are over.

Too bad he doesn't have better management. He's been a special guest on 1 song with the Rolling Stones in shows all over the world for a few years now.

Date: March 22, 2015 07:43

Fredluvzstones
71Tele
Fredluvzstones

71Tele, the complicated mess I was refering to was the Facebook and web page stuff.

OK, sorry Fred.

Date: March 22, 2015 07:46

Chacal
71Tele

Do you feel that at this point Taylor is the one who owes the fans an explanation ? Maybe you didn't mean that. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting your comment correctly.

It would be an interesting way to look at the situation - especially since he did communicate, while the Stones (or their representatives) did not.
It's not very difficult to guess what the Stones could lose from making a public announcement regarding Taylor's non involvement. As is in evidence from the statement you just posted.
You're probably not the only fan who would take the Taylor factor into consideration before deciding to purchase a ticket.

No, I don't feel anyone owes us anything. I just don't understand what the big deal is about letting us know why he is not invited. Personal differences? Musical differences? Did he eat Keith's shepherd's pie? Why the secrecy?

Date: March 22, 2015 07:46

Chacal
crawdaddy

No he isn't, Tony.

Why?

Date: March 22, 2015 12:16

-------

Date: March 22, 2015 12:25

71Tele
Chacal
71Tele

No, I don't feel anyone owes us anything. I just don't understand what the big deal is about letting us know why he is not invited. Personal differences? Musical differences? Did he eat Keith's shepherd's pie? Why the secrecy?

Maybe he doesn't know the reason himself?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 308

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home