Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Studying the Stones
Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: January 24, 2015 15:47

Damn, I signed up for this class when I saw this post & the promptly forgot all about it. Now I'm way behind.....Its like high school all over again.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 24, 2015 19:12

keithglimmer
Damn, I signed up for this class when I saw this post & the promptly forgot all about it. Now I'm way behind.....Its like high school all over again.

First quiz starts today. You can sit next to me and copy my answers if you like.

Actually you have 10 days to catch up. Quiz is due Feb. 3.

Posted by: Raymond82 ()
Date: January 25, 2015 20:53

I've not looked at the quiz yet... Putting it off til tomorrow or Tuesday.

How tough are we talking?? There was a lot of information in those first videos!

Date: January 25, 2015 21:13

Raymond82
I've not looked at the quiz yet... Putting it off til tomorrow or Tuesday.

How tough are we talking?? There was a lot of information in those first videos!

I was wondering too because although you get three shots at it I didn't want to peek until I finish week 2 videos. Although I am tempted just to test out to see how much I know already.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 26, 2015 02:48

keithglimmer

Same thing, haven't done jack sh-t yet. I wonder if the F will go on my permanent record?

Date: January 26, 2015 05:44

There's a rumor going around that The Stones will play at the school dance.

Date: January 26, 2015 15:07

Naturalust
latebloomer
keithglimmer

Same thing, haven't done jack sh-t yet. I wonder if the F will go on my permanent record?

No worries, post the quiz here and I'm sure we'll have all the answers well before the Feb 10 due date. Probably even correct the teacher on a few things. peace

I think I'm going to drop the course, if such a thing is possible with a free course. I don't have the time and besides, anything I want to know that I don't know about the Stones, I can ask the experts here. smileys with beer

Date: January 26, 2015 15:34

I thought we all graduated when we signed up here winking smiley

Date: January 26, 2015 16:23

That first quiz was surprisingly tricky. Managed 90%... 27 from 30 questions but it took a bit of concentration!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 26, 2015 20:25

I hope the tricky questions were at least things that are actually worth knowing -
I'm not real sure all the lecture content is (to me) stuff that's worth focussing on.

And latebloomer, I know what you mean.

Date: January 26, 2015 20:57

DandelionPowderman
I thought we all graduated when we signed up here winking smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 26, 2015 23:26

I got 29....missed question #3....

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 27, 2015 02:40

Date: January 27, 2015 11:54

Raymond82
That first quiz was surprisingly tricky. Managed 90%... 27 from 30 questions but it took a bit of concentration!

Yes it was/did, mainly because of the form of the questions. It seemed like 75% of them were "which statement is false"
and then some of the statements were negative, which methodologically speaking is a most unsound way to formulate a test.
Grr and bah humbug! But I pulled on through 30/30

Date: January 31, 2015 13:33

I'm starting to feel sorry for the instructor - he's making so many mistakes it's rather pathetic.
Oh well.

Date: January 31, 2015 13:47

I thought the same man... There's been a few bad ones already. I'm trying to keep interested but it's a bit disheartening when you know more than the teacher.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 31, 2015 14:51

mighty stork
There's a rumor going around that The Stones will play at the school dance.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 31, 2015 14:52

detroitken
I got 29....missed question #3....

Hà! Same here... smileys with beer

Date: January 31, 2015 15:39

So I'm not missing anything? Still haven't even looked at it since I signed up. I'm such a slacker. smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 31, 2015 17:32

with sssoul
Raymond82

Yes it was/did, mainly because of the form of the questions. It seemed like 75% of them were "which statement is false"
and then some of the statements were negative, which methodologically speaking is a most unsound way to formulate a test.
Grr and bah humbug! But I pulled on through 30/30

I completely agree on the format of many of the questions. I wouldn't dare make up tests like that, but hey.

I'm still enjoying the course, however. I would like to know what the mistakes are, if you want to list them,
with sssoul, the major errors.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-31 17:35 by angee.

Date: January 31, 2015 17:47

People have posted pages of errata in the discussion forums. Some of the mistakes are trivial,
but when he listed Time Is On My Side among the Stones' original numbers, that was the worst one for me so far.
And as I mentioned on page 1 getting the title of Got Live wrong is pretty bad too.
These aren't obscure or controversial questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-31 20:16 by with sssoul.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 31, 2015 17:53

True, not controversial at all. Didn't he even talk about Irma Thomas singing the song?

How do you feel about our Prof's interpretation of what "Satisfaction" is about?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: January 31, 2015 18:05

Er ... apparently I found it 100% forgettable :E

Date: January 31, 2015 18:20

Raymond82
I thought the same man... There's been a few bad ones already. I'm trying to keep interested but it's a bit disheartening when you know more than the teacher.

I've nodded off at least three times watching him. I had instructors like that in high school and never did well in those classes. That's my excuse any way.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 2, 2015 00:55

angee

How do you feel about our Prof's interpretation of what "Satisfaction" is about?

What did he say? It's like you'all are having an secret conversation with all us in the room...thx. peace

Date: February 2, 2015 01:07

Naturalust
angee

What did he say? It's like you'all are having an secret conversation with all us in the room...thx. peace

Just sign up, it's easy. Or you can pretend to be me, I haven't gone to class once so they'll never know the difference. Just speak in a slightly higher voice and don't end every answer with peace...that'll be a dead give away. cool smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 2, 2015 01:26

latebloomer
Naturalust
angee

Just sign up, it's easy. Or you can pretend to be me, I haven't gone to class once so they'll never know the difference. Just speak in a slightly higher voice and don't end every answer with peace...that'll be a dead give away. cool smiley

That ain't gonna happen, sorry bloomer. I prefer my Stones as entertainment, not homework. smoking smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 2, 2015 01:46

Late bloomer you need to be focussing on getting that wretched jacket out of keiths wardrobe not distracting yourself with homework. If it reappears on the next tour there will be real trouble

Date: February 2, 2015 02:16

EJM
Late bloomer you need to be focussing on getting that wretched jacket out of keiths wardrobe not distracting yourself with homework. If it reappears on the next tour there will be real trouble

I'm actually taking two grad course right now EJM, so If I didn't have to focus on my real wretched homework, I'd be hard at work hunting down the jacket.

When I get through it all, I think Keith's lovely blue jacket will be the perfect reward.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: February 2, 2015 07:23

^^^
The last thing I expected in this highbrow educational thread was to suffer such an assault to the eyeballs yawning smiley. That detestable satin monstrosity must be incinerated!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home