Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106...LastNext
Current Page: 101 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 17, 2015 06:41

It's strange to read that it will be either Santa Clara or Raleigh on July 1. These two cities are three thousands miles apart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 06:42 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 06:54

Chris Fountain
It's strange to read that it will be either Santa Clara or Raleigh on July 1. These two cities are three thousands miles apart.

Yeah...which one are you hoping for?

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 17, 2015 06:54

Hope it's Raleigh.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 07:11

StonedAsia
Hope it's Raleigh.

Oh cool I'm actually hoping for Santa Clara. Good luck! smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 17, 2015 07:21

stones2000
StonedAsia
Hope it's Raleigh.

Oh cool I'm actually hoping for Santa Clara. Good luck! smiling smiley

Maybe they should have a fan vote...I vote for Santa Clara!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 17, 2015 07:25

Carter Finley Stadium is fan friendly as previously stated. The site lines are favorable because the "football field "sidelines are very close to the Stands.

I particularly do not favor stadium shows but Raleigh is probably the best if this is the case. I lived in Raleigh in the past and know the venue well. Also, RDU airport is easy to maneuver.

For me, it will most likely be Orlando because it is on a Saturday night. Fortunately I have a bunch of travel points earned, which I can use for hotel & airfare. It wasn't fun earning those points but I need to use them sooner or later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 07:49 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 17, 2015 08:00

Stones726
TE
tauk
TE
tauk
Cristiano Radtke
Roadblock for The Rolling Stones to perform in Las Vegas

By Robin Leach
Monday, Feb. 16, 2015 | 5:04 p.m.

Those mid-June plans for a Rolling Stones concert in Las Vegas have hit a roadblock, and I’m told that unless the group changes its mind, the music legends won’t be appearing here.

Is this the TE I met in Stockholm for the Cirkus theatre show during the licks Tour 2003? I was with my wife and you were with your bandmate (Midnight Ramblers)

Originally the British rockers led by Mick Jagger had planned to include Las Vegas as a U.S. “14 On Fire Tour” stop in their current world tour.

The date of June 13 was penciled in at the 16,800-seat MGM Grand Garden Arena, but it turns out that bookings as far away as Europe and Australia have been juggernaut sellouts — in stadiums.

So promoters and management have apparently decided that the group will only play stadiums, not concert halls or arenas.

Even though we have 40,000 seats at Sam Boyd Stadium with room for thousands more standing on the field (remember The Grateful Dead had 125,533 fans there for its final show in 1995), it appears for now that Las Vegas is in jeopardy and struck from The Stones’ current concert plans.

[lasvegassun.com]

So, we never did get any kind of info re. why Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV can't be considered as a possibility for this 2015 summer tour. Even though it's capacity would meet the Stones' requirement for stadiums only this summer. By the way, The Las Vegas Sun, quoted above, is a supplement to the legitimate newspaper for the Vegas area, The Las Vegas Review-Journal. It's not some lying trashy blog like the one we experienced for a while a few months ago which gave us very misleading info re. the Rock-In Rio USA festival May 8-9th of this year.I live in Las Vegas but will gladly go to San Diego if I can possibly score good seats. But of course, if they make a STADIUM stop here I won't need to travel.

Hey Carolyn,
Do the trip to San Diego! Want regret it! Opening night, hard to explain but you go to a show without a clue what they will do for the first 8-10 songs. Go! See you there!

TE
Oslo

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. It's kind of a tricky situation for me because I don't have an American Express card or whatever type of credit card might be required for a pre-sale (if they have a pre-sale offer at all). I am sure that without a pre-sale I won't have any chance of a really good seat. I won't go if I can't have a good seat. I hope that doesn't sound too much like whining...a little little part of me deep inside is stamping my foot right now & crying smiling smiley I will try to obtain whatever kind of card might be useful for a pre-sale but I'm not sure I'll qualify for one just now. In 6 months or a year from now, yes, there would be no problem. I appreciate you're saying I can see you there because another issue I'm having is I will be alone & that sounds almost as depressing as not going at all! Thanks for letting me vent. I'll let you know later. Also, see my email on My profile if you'd like or my Facebook page Carolyn Frieburg Graham. I'll have a 1 hr 5 minute flight from Vegas. Do you live cloze to San Diego?

Not so very close, LOL, roughly a 2+12 hours flight away. Live in Norway.

TE
Oslo

Is this the TE I met in Stockholm for the Cirkus theatre show during the licks Tour 2003? I was with my wife and you were with your bandmate Jan(Midnight Ramblers) You took a picture of my wife with Bernard Fowler at the Grand Hotel Bar!

Sorry, not me.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 08:44

So bummed that Hollywood Bowl show went away. If they do tape a special Los Angeles show before the tour tickets will be impossible to get. They'll go to the agencies and the pit will be filled with beautiful young people who are camera ready.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 17, 2015 08:47

Festival forecaster now saying Moncton NB instead of Quebec, as well as faint hope for Seattle with Bumbershoot Labour Day weekend.

Date: March 17, 2015 08:52

Raleigh...simply because it is a small venue and easy in/out of the place...(just start there early)...it is smaller than the numbers make it seem and like a poster said a few posts back...the stands are reallt close to the side lines...there is not a bad seat in the house since even the upper sections are not that exspansive.

let's not forget great BBQ too!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2015 10:10

It seems like the north west US is bidding for the May 27 slot, might be Seatte or Salt Lake City, and Canada is bidding for the mid July slot.

It must be great to have the Stones up for sale. "I have the Stones to offer you. They will guarantee you 50,000 people into town. Or more. Do you have a stadium ready, and will the politicians sponsor say a couple of million dollars?" That is the trade these days.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 17, 2015 10:24

First time poster here. What chances do some of you think us regular concert attendees would have at getting opportunity for tickets for the rumored Nokia shows and them going up in the pre sale as well? The small venue has always escaped me and that would make my live experience with our boys complete and I've seen every tour since 75. My other choices will be opening night in San Diego, Milwaukee, Nashville, and KC. I hope MT is along for this treck as well but if not then as our boys say YCAGWYW. Good Luck to all in the quest for tickets. Look forward to seeing and meeting new Stones fans wherever I land.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 17, 2015 10:26

" Do you have a stadium ready, and will the politicians sponsor say a couple of million dollars?" That is the trade these days."

Yeah, great :s

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: March 17, 2015 10:51

mosthigh
Festival forecaster now saying Moncton NB instead of Quebec, as well as faint hope for Seattle with Bumbershoot Labour Day weekend.
Do you have a possible Moncton Date?

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 10:54

Kurt
Another one that I took from my box under the overpass:

Kurt, where is your box under the overpass? Is this the sign near the a Palace or on 275? I'll be in Detroit for the weekend with with my fire sale $28 plus fees Neil Diamond tickets on Friday and the ballet at the Opera House on Saturday. I was thinking of picnicking beneath one of the Stones signs on Saturday afternoon.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2015 10:59

HOW TO GET TICKETS TO SMALLER SHOWS:

There are 310 million people living in USA, of which 37 million people i.e. more than 10% live in California. In many markets you will find that may be 10% want to see the Stones, which would count to approx 4 millon people in California. If we assume only 1/10 of these would pay a lot or suffer extra for a ticket, there would still be nearly half a millon people fighting for that ticket with you.

So how is it possible to win the lotterty? Well you have to stay focused and put your priorities right. Tell you partner, family, friends, neighbours, boss and everyone else you are busy on your lifetime project. Make them understand this is important. Sleep a lot now so that you may stay awake when announcements happen at strange hours. Pay attention on IORR because then you are ahead of 99% of those 400,000, you have 4,000 left. Then it is only a matter about having cash in your pocket, a credit card and an ID ready, and be there when it happens.

Get all the pre-sales info you need, info will be around. Stay focused. A lot of information will be available, there is no way it will be published easily so that the 4,000 i.e. 1% advantage will be available to everyone, then there is no advantage. Just allocate the week before the San Diego show for yourself, if this is imporant. Tell your partner and boss this is important. Stay online, talk to people, ask around, make contacts, be prepared. It is like the Olympic. You know they will happen, and you want to be there, you want to be among the top 3 and have a medal. Then you don't sit in your chair drinking beer and feel sorry for youself.

Remember, you can make it if you really stay focused. And it is worth it. But nothing comes easy these days. It hurts, but it is all worth it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 17, 2015 11:41

Quote Rockyfan
I think you are being a little paranoid about safety in these cities. And, worse comes to worse, it is very easy to buy a handgun in any of them if you want to feel safe.

(just kidding. partially)[/quote]

As a europium i am shocked! Travelling 7 months trough USA on a bicycle, camping wild at staions, near RV park, villages and in the bush. People kept asking us if we weren't afraid and advised to buy a gun. In our ears its a ridiculous idea. But i was really afraid of the bears so we bought a small pepperspray.
When we were in Canada people were laughing about the small size.smiling smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 13:33 by Niek.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 12:07

IGTBA
bye bye johnny
IGTBA
I agree with lots of your comment, but the $85s were not offered at the beginning of the 2013 tour.

$85 tickets were offered on the inital April 8, 2013 onsale date - [www.iorr.org]

Interesting. I checked that old IORR page and you appear to be correct. However, I remember the $85s being announced late relative to the tour announcement and also late relative to seating prices. I also think tickets were sold before the $85s were announced - presales for some venues? That would have given AEG an indication of demand for the list price tickets. Also, they sold immense amounts of the $85s for many of the arenas. Anyone who does not think that was a form of discounting, to fill seats, is in denial. And in some cases, rather than selling even more $85s, they kept lowering the list prices of unsold seats until they sold - that happened for both Philly concerts.

Except for the "discount" issue (and some other minor points), I agree with most of what GlimmerGirl24 is saying. But the term, "Lucky Dip", was not used for the 2013 NA tour. I've been assuming "Lucky Dip" is a European term used to define something similar to the 2013 North American $85s. Not sure?, since I did not attend any of the 2014 tour.

The poster, who said lots of bad things about Detroit, Pittsburgh, etc. and said good things about NYC, Boston, etc, is very mis-informed. Those "better" big US cities have some very, very bad areas, just as Detriot does - and as most big cities around the world do. And as GlimmerGirl24 said, Detroit, Pittsburgh (not small cities) and the smaller cities all have nice sections. In general, the cities listed for this 2015 tour, are safer places than the 2013 tour US cities.

You're remembering the Lucky Dips coming in late to the game because there was no hint that they would exist when the first presales started.

Only the California shows sold a lot of $85's. There was about a month to sell the arena tickets in California before show time. Which is a very short time when you have a lower deck priced at $600. The Bay Area show released a bunch before show time and Staples went crazy - as many as a thousand might have been released in the last 24 hours before the show. The press had a heyday with that - publicizing the Stones couldn't fill an arena. That's the last time we saw a mass drop of $85's.

I am not in denial about the $85's. Very few were in seats priced over $85. Approximately 90% were in seats that would have been priced between $50-65 if the Lucky Dip scheme hadn't existed. If your Lucky Dips placed you in the upper deck, you paid roughly $20 more for that seat by buying a Lucky Dip.

The back of the lower deck and upper deck had flex pricing for most of the late May and June concerts. If you checked the ticket company on the right day, you could pick up a $600 seat for $150. The upper deck had flex pricing too. This isn't unusual, the practice has been used in secondary markets since at least the late 1990's. I bought $109 Neil Diamond tickets for $28 last week, I checked Ticketmaster on the right day. I refer to the practice as fire sales, the industry prefers flex pricing. In fact, in the initial pre and general sale, a seat can have two prices, $150 or $75. If the section isn't selling for $150, 20 or 30 minutes into the sale, it will become $75.

While it might seem like a seat was lowered and lowered until it sold, the promoter on a tour with high prices will have figured in flex pricing and papering before even the first pre sale. They will try to sell as many tickets as they can at $600, when sales trickle, some rows in each section will be repriced at $400. When those sales trickle, they might go as low as $150 for a brief time a few days before the concert. Day of the concert, they're back up to $600 except for the stacks that went out to local businesses for free.

A promoter knows how many seats have to be sold at $600 to get into the black. After that, whether they're priced at $5 or $600 is profit. Concert tickets are very similar to airline ticketing and anyone who usually buys only in initial sales would not realize the fluctuation in pricing up to the day of the show.

The Lucky Dip promotion didn't have a name in the US in 2013, we called them Mystery Dates. Last summer in Europe, the Stones officially named the promotion Lucky Dips and increased the price to $100.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 17, 2015 12:10

BV, Thank you for all your advice & time. I'm not trying to brag but as I read your last post I found that I have definitely been doing what you advise, except maybe the part about getting enough sleep now to be able to stay up for as many hours as it takes once the news hits.

My one hope is that when specific info is given that it be "dumbed-down", really dumbed-down so Rookies like me will understand the Internet and other technicalities Thanks again for your time & effort.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 17, 2015 12:22

GlimmerGirl24
IGTBA
bye bye johnny
IGTBA
I agree with lots of your comment, but the $85s were not offered at the beginning of the 2013 tour.

$85 tickets were offered on the inital April 8, 2013 onsale date - [www.iorr.org]

Interesting. I checked that old IORR page and you appear to be correct. However, I remember the $85s being announced late relative to the tour announcement and also late relative to seating prices. I also think tickets were sold before the $85s were announced - presales for some venues? That would have given AEG an indication of demand for the list price tickets. Also, they sold immense amounts of the $85s for many of the arenas. Anyone who does not think that was a form of discounting, to fill seats, is in denial. And in some cases, rather than selling even more $85s, they kept lowering the list prices of unsold seats until they sold - that happened for both Philly concerts.

Except for the "discount" issue (and some other minor points), I agree with most of what GlimmerGirl24 is saying. But the term, "Lucky Dip", was not used for the 2013 NA tour. I've been assuming "Lucky Dip" is a European term used to define something similar to the 2013 North American $85s. Not sure?, since I did not attend any of the 2014 tour.

The poster, who said lots of bad things about Detroit, Pittsburgh, etc. and said good things about NYC, Boston, etc, is very mis-informed. Those "better" big US cities have some very, very bad areas, just as Detriot does - and as most big cities around the world do. And as GlimmerGirl24 said, Detroit, Pittsburgh (not small cities) and the smaller cities all have nice sections. In general, the cities listed for this 2015 tour, are safer places than the 2013 tour US cities.

You're remembering the Lucky Dips coming in late to the game because there was no hint that they would exist when the first presales started.

Only the California shows sold a lot of $85's. There was about a month to sell the arena tickets in California before show time. Which is a very short time when you have a lower deck priced at $600. The Bay Area show released a bunch before show time and Staples went crazy - as many as a thousand might have been released in the last 24 hours before the show. The press had a heyday with that - publicizing the Stones couldn't fill an arena. That's the last time we saw a mass drop of $85's.

I am not in denial about the $85's. Very few were in seats priced over $85. Approximately 90% were in seats that would have been priced between $50-65 if the Lucky Dip scheme hadn't existed. If your Lucky Dips placed you in the upper deck, you paid roughly $20 more for that seat by buying a Lucky Dip.

The back of the lower deck and upper deck had flex pricing for most of the late May and June concerts. If you checked the ticket company on the right day, you could pick up a $600 seat for $150. The upper deck had flex pricing too. This isn't unusual, the practice has been used in secondary markets since at least the late 1990's. I bought $109 Neil Diamond tickets for $28 last week, I checked Ticketmaster on the right day. I refer to the practice as fire sales, the industry prefers flex pricing. In fact, in the initial pre and general sale, a seat can have two prices, $150 or $75. If the section isn't selling for $150, 20 or 30 minutes into the sale, it will become $75.

While it might seem like a seat was lowered and lowered until it sold, the promoter on a tour with high prices will have figured in flex pricing and papering before even the first pre sale. They will try to sell as many tickets as they can at $600, when sales trickle, some rows in each section will be repriced at $400. When those sales trickle, they might go as low as $150 for a brief time a few days before the concert. Day of the concert, they're back up to $600 except for the stacks that went out to local businesses for free.

A promoter knows how many seats have to be sold at $600 to get into the black. After that, whether they're priced at $5 or $600 is profit. Concert tickets are very similar to airline ticketing and anyone who usually buys only in initial sales would not realize the fluctuation in pricing up to the day of the show.

The Lucky Dip promotion didn't have a name in the US in 2013, we called them Mystery Dates. Last summer in Europe, the Stones officially named the promotion Lucky Dips and increased the price to $100.

Geez-sounds complicated, like gambling. to a Rookie Like Me . ...And people think GAMBLING IN VEGAS is a long-shot...just kiddin' ...I'm a willing player here but never gamble otherwise..but THE STONES ARE WORTH IT!smiling smiley

I'm tired of the anxiety of the Internet for these type of sales, I wonder, would it be better to just have an old-time Auctioneer standing in front of the ticket bidding crowd in front of a map of the stadium-the Auctioneer could just do his thing.. "Seats in Section C, row 10,opening at five hundred, hun, hun, hun do I hear six, six, there's seven to the man in back, going, going,twice...it goes too the man in back! It could happen. With internet video conferencing. In my head. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 14:30 by tauk.

Date: March 17, 2015 12:23

There can't be many States in the USA that the Stones have never played.....Rhode Island? Just wondering......

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2015 12:26

Delaware? I mean Mick knows about Delaware for fiscal reasons >grinning smiley< but playing there...?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 17, 2015 13:35

... and the biggest state of all: Alaska!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 17, 2015 13:40

Delaware, "The Rest Stop State" as Steven Colbert calls it... That's just the show I need... Something on the East Coast on the I 95 corridor.. The University of Delaware has a 22,000 seat stadium, am I still asleep, dreaming perhaps??? Never mind the last show will go to Peoria or somewhere else equally unreachable, I'm sort of resigned to this blue collar fiasco now, perhaps the "Sons of The Beatles" will be touring the East Coast this summer instead. I'm told they have a guest guitarist and a choir for "Long and Winding Road."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 13:41 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 13:46

bv
rbk
God what a bunch of whiners. The Stones are in their seventies and are not going to be able to do this again. Everyone of the markets that have been rumored for this tour have a longstanding history with the band who obviously don't need the money but do enjoy playing live. This tour is a way of thanking all of those people like they did down under last year and in Asia before that and Europe before that and in the OTHER American markets before that. They might do one offs in LA, London or New York in the next few years but for the big spectacle Stones show this is it. This is all she wrote.

Of course the only way they're going to reach the number of fans that want to see them is to play stadiums. These markets are smaller and far more spread out and are lower population wise compared to NYC, Toronto, DC, Chicago and LA. The cost of living in these places is lower so the people's incomes are proportionately lower as well. Hence, more people at a lower ticket price, one last time. Simple economics. These markets are more like those in Europe where the Stones played virtually all stadiums and festivals as well. O2 notwithstanding nary a basketball or hockey venue in the bunch.

We'll know in a few days but I'm guessing the high-rollers who doled out $250 to $600 for middling tickets in the US in 2013 are going to be shocked. These shows will be priced to sell or else there would be no point in doing them.

Best post of the year! I could not agree more. And this is the reason why I will spend the summer in North America. You only live once.

All of this! Enough slagging off these cities, people. Granted, I live in one of them. It's a big world out there, no better reason to go see some of it than to see a Stones show. See you in Buffalo, unless you refuse to leave Manhattan.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 17, 2015 14:01

I do not want to stress anybody. But I have just noticed that some hotels already increased their rates on the rumoured dates in various cities. I made some reservations to keep the price. Despite that reservations with option to cancel are a bit more expensive you should do it that way. We never know what happens until end of May/June/July.
We played save for Australia and did good as we were not able to follow the tour in fall last year. Also for Europeans: Do only book flights with options to cancel. A nominal fee is always applicable, but at least it's not the whole amount. If you rent a car, check out prices now and then. Sometimes ebookers has half the rates than the actual carrental agency. Especially rentals with CDW is worth checking.

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: March 17, 2015 14:09

American Express presale - SERVE Prepaid card

I called American Express yesterday afternoon and asked the same question about the SERVE prepaid cards. I was placed on hold for awhile and when the lady came back she asked me if this was for the Bette Midler presale and I said no it was not.

I told her it was for the Rolling Stones presale this week . She discussed this with a fellow supervisor and said that the American Express presale card will not work; because there has to be a name on the prepaid credit card in order for it to work on the presale. This card (PER THE AGENT) does not show a name on the card.

BUt, when I look online on their website, I see that the SERVE prepaid card shows the customers name on it. So confused. I really don't think these agents knew what they were talking about.

I really hope this works for you Carolyn and whoever else applies. I will go check out their website more to get more clarification.

Going to be a fantastic Stones summer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 14:22 by Shine A Light.

Date: March 17, 2015 14:16

DO tickets go on sale this week?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 14:17 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 17, 2015 14:21

jumpontopofmebaby
DO tickets go on sale this week?

As of now: March 26 - Amex pre-sale. March 30 - Public sale.

Date: March 17, 2015 14:37

Shine A Light
American Express presale - SERVE Prepaid card

I called American Express yesterday afternoon and asked the same question about the SERVE prepaid cards. I was placed on hold for awhile and when the lady came back she asked me if this was for the Bette Midler presale and I said no it was not.

I told her it was for the Rolling Stones presale this week . She discussed this with a fellow supervisor and said that the American Express presale card will not work; because there has to be a name on the prepaid credit card in order for it to work on the presale. This card (PER THE AGENT) does not show a name on the card.

BUt, when I look online on their website, I see that the SERVE prepaid card shows the customers name on it. So confused. I really don't think these agents knew what they were talking about.

I really hope this works for you Carolyn and whoever else applies. I will go check out their website more to get more clarification.

Going to be a fantastic Stones summer.

Well, I guess I'll take another look at it also, re. the name on the card. When I applied for it it specifically asked for me to enter my name for the card "the same as it will appear on government id which will be required" so they will match. ??

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106...LastNext
Current Page: 101 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home