Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:06

I'm assuming that if they play in Salt Lake City, they'll play Rio Tinto Stadium. I looked up the events calendar, they're indeed free on May 27th. Good sign! They could also play the larger Rice-Eccles Stadium. Which is free too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 18:14 by stones2000.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:13

Naturalust
timbernardis
Naturalust
timbernardis
Naturalust
timbernardis
Naturalust
Thanks for the Missoula memories Bjornulf. Nice post and great photo, you definitely have an artistic eye with your camera.

Sorry you couldn't find the beer in town you must not have looked that hard, there are about twenty places there brewing their own beer these days and a couple more in the works. Pretty good for a town with a population of 67,000. There will be more people at some of the shows this summer than in the whole town of Missoula. eye popping smiley

peace

Naturalust are you from Montana, the Bay Area, or where?

plexi

Both actually. smoking smiley

peace

same here -- I grew up in Sactown, went to college at Berkeley, and have been in Montana since '83 but go back to Calif fairly regularly.

p

Similar story, grew up in Montana, been in the Bay area since about '93 but have a couple of places in Montana where I spend time when the time is right. I thought I might be the only one posting from MT, saw a single spot on bv's map during the time I was logged on, glad to hear I'm not alone when in Big Sky Country!

peace

what is bv's map? and where in Montana are u from?

plexi

The map I was referring to was a new tool which gives a snapshot of worldwide visitor locations that bv posted about a while back. Here is the link to that post. It would be cool to get another snapshot now that the visitors are increasing

[www.iorr.org]

I've got a place outside of Missoula and a lake cabin up near Discovery Basin ski area. In California I'm on the coast, North of Santa Cruz.

How about you plexi?

peace

Where is Discovery Basin ski area? And are you in Aptos, Half Moon Bay, or where?

I live on 40 acres south of Hardin about half a mile from the Big Horn River, nice and quiet with the nearest neighbor about half a mile away, secluded. On the Crow Reservation.

plexi

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:33

bv
It seems like the north west US is bidding for the May 27 slot, might be Seatte or Salt Lake City, and Canada is bidding for the mid July slot.

It must be great to have the Stones up for sale. "I have the Stones to offer you. They will guarantee you 50,000 people into town. Or more. Do you have a stadium ready, and will the politicians sponsor say a couple of million dollars?" That is the trade these days.

Great news! Seattle, Salt Lake City or Santa Clara would all be awesome!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:34

Manofwealthandtaste
There can't be many States in the USA that the Stones have never played.....Rhode Island? Just wondering......

wyoming

Date: March 17, 2015 18:36

Even though I like seeing the Stones in an arena. It has been a long time since I have seen them in a Stadium.

I have seen them 18 times since 1981

1981 was Dallas / Dallas / New Oleans what a way to start!!!

I have to say that this is the most excited I have been since 1989 for some reason.

I am 50 years old but it feels I am 6 years old and its Christmas Eve.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:38

timbernardis

Where is Discovery Basin ski area? And are you in Aptos, Half Moon Bay, or where?

I live on 40 acres south of Hardin about half a mile from the Big Horn River, nice and quiet with the nearest neighbor about half a mile away, secluded. On the Crow Reservation.

plexi

It's near Phillipsburg in the Beaverhead-Deerlodge Nat'l forest about 350 miles due West of Hardin. Pescadero is the name of the closest town to my California digs, about 1/2 way between Aptos and Half Moon Bay. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:43

Irix
Grison

justakissaway.rocks says Thursday and you need an US Zip code to get the alerts. So what's correct?

I think that the 1st alerts will come on Wednesday and the official Tour announcement is on Thursday. Regarding the Zip codes for us Europeans: simply use the Zip from Coca Cola for Atlanta, the Zip from Harley-Davidson for Milwaukee or the Zip from the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo and so on ....

I agree...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:43

jumpontopofmebaby
Even though I like seeing the Stones in an arena. It has been a long time since I have seen them in a Stadium.

I have seen them 18 times since 1981

1981 was Dallas / Dallas / New Oleans what a way to start!!!

I have to say that this is the most excited I have been since 1989 for some reason.

I am 50 years old but it feels I am 6 years old and its Christmas Eve.
Wow Ive seen them 17 times since 81 Dallas..47 yrs old...This next one will be 18..

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:45

Not sure if I can make it yet due to work, but my UK postcode seems to have worked>grinning smiley<

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:47

bv
Irix
Grison

justakissaway.rocks says Thursday and you need an US Zip code to get the alerts. So what's correct?

I think that the 1st alerts will come on Wednesday and the official Tour announcement is on Thursday. Regarding the Zip codes for us Europeans: simply use the Zip from Coca Cola for Atlanta, the Zip from Harley-Davidson for Milwaukee or the Zip from the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo and so on ....

I agree...

What zip to use for a european fan for Orlando?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:49

JumpinJeppeFlash
bv
Irix
Grison

I agree...

What zip to use for a european fan for Orlando?

32824 should work (there are many)

Date: March 17, 2015 18:51

Zip Codes to use:

San Diego................ 92101
Columbus................. 43210
Minniapolis.............. 55455
Dallas................... 76011
Nashville................ 37212

Orlando.................. 32801
Atlanta.................. 30332
Pittsburgh............... 15212
Milwaukee................ 53202

Kansa City............... 64129
Santa Clara.............. 95052
Raleigh.................. 27695
Indianapolis............. 46222

Detroit.................. 48208
Buffalo.................. 14127

I hope this helps!

these are either for the actual location of the venue or close by.

Euro Fans...please ask if in doubt...especially with maps, routes, etc...the US is a HUGE country...and your idea of distance and locations may be off a bit...example...Buffalo to Pittsburg is only 3 hrs away...Buffalo to Columbus is about 5 1/2 hr...Buffalo to NYC is 8-10 hrs...and San Diego to Buffalo is about a 43 hr drive...yes...43 non-stop hrs

Just ask...
Good Luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 18:55 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Posted by: Ruskafarian ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:57

Ladies and gentlemen, consider why the marketing machine is asking you for your zip / postal code... they want to know where the fans are located.

For example, if they see that a couple of thousand sign-ups came in from Ottawa or Kansas City or Barcelona, they would then know that there's a serious interest in that area.

I'm not sure how they could benefit from learning that there are a lot of people interested in shows that are pretty much already announced... everyone seems to know that Buffalo is pretty much going to happen... So what does marketing care how much interest there is there? It's now up to sales to sell those seats.

But for future reference... that's what marketing wants to know; that might be the reason why they’re asking for the address codes... So putting in one for areas where shows are pretty much announced isn't really useful info for them.

Just some food for thought.

Date: March 17, 2015 19:01

What is the impostance of the zip codes?

Will tickets be on sale this thursday?

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:01

angee
Umm, Columbus and Milwaukee have a number of decent/higher end hotels.

I have booked a room at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. That is certainly a higher end hotel AND it looks like it is within walking distance to the Marcus Amphitheater!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:03

This is good conjecture but for dessert maybe they are going to release specific tidbits of information for specific areas at different times...they do seem to like games. Upgrades/pit/presales/etc

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:09

Some of you try to give the impression that the listed cities of rumoured shows are small and remote places in the outskirts. That is just plain wrong. Almost all of the listed cities are among the largest cities in the US by population.

San Diego is the 2nd largest in California and the 9th largest in USA. Arlington, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Columbus are perhaps not the most famous, but certainly not small cities or towns by any definition. For example, Indianapolis is the 12th largest city in the USA and Columbus is number 15. Both are far bigger than, let's say, Seattle, Washington, Boston and Las Vegas to name a few more famous places. Arlington is a part of the huge Dallas metropol (more than 6 million inhabitants), but still ranks as one of the 50 largest US cities. Raleigh is bigger than St. Louis, New Orleans and Miami. The smallest town on the list is probably Santa Clara with “only” 120 000 inhabitants, but it lies right next to San Jose – the 10th biggest in USA.

There is definitely a market for The Rolling Stones in these rumoured cities, precisely because they are rarely visited by the greatest rock and roll band in the world. There are certainly enough people. When some on this board doubt that The Rolling Stones will sell out a big stadium in a place like Columbus, just remember that only LA, San Jose and Chicago are bigger places that were visited last time in 2013.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:11

The only thing left on the list is a ticket for the Orlando Concert. I have an American Express card. I want great seats!

Date: March 17, 2015 19:16

James Kirk
WOW! Could they have picked more boring markets to play in?

No New York, Boston, Chicago, L.A, but they are playing Stones strong holds like Milwaukee, Columbus and Raleigh???

I understand that they didn't hit these markets last time around, but I thought for sure they would have thrown in some of the traditional strong Stones markets.

I can only speak for North Carolina, that will surely not be a "boring" show.
They get great responses in NC! A very wide group of fans too. They play there on most every major tour. I saw them Carter Finley in Raleigh 1989, 1994. In Charlotte 97 (first show the bridge was used), Charlotte Coliseum 1999, Durham, NC in 2005. Fun to hear "country" songs, like Dead Flowers and Wild Horses there. North Carolina is an awesome place to see them and the band really seems to enjoy themselves there. Read BV's excellent review of the Charlotte 97 show.
I knew the Stones would not let me down and skip NC this time (I know it's only rumoured right now, but I can feel them coming there)
And if this is the last time I may see them, it's a nice circle to see them play at the first place I saw.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:17

Good Point! Info could be used on deciding/adding future dates.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:19

dougingb
angee

I have booked a room at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. That is certainly a higher end hotel AND it looks like it is within walking distance to the Marcus Amphitheater!

Yep the Pfister is the way to go. Any hotel the stones stay at is good by me! winking smiley

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:24

Here we go again!!!
Hotel and flight to San Diego have been booked!

Now the ticket madness - at least I won't have to be up at 2 am California time to get tixs like for 2014 Paris!

Looking forward to seeing our IORR buddies from across the pond!

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:24

mcgeez8
dougingb
angee

Yep the Pfister is the way to go. Any hotel the stones stay at is good by me! winking smiley

Hope they stay there again this time!! smiling smiley

Date: March 17, 2015 19:28

Man I know I am slow but.....

But what are the zip codes for?

When does the presale begin?

Will all shows go on sale at the same time?

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:34

dougingb
mcgeez8
dougingb
angee

Hope they stay there again this time!! smiling smiley
Beautiful Hotelsmoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 19:49 by desertblues68.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:34

Zip Codes - Useful to promoters for marketing purposes (closest show to you is X, guess we'll send you info about X).

Presale - We don't know, yet.

Shows go on sale - We'll find out Wed/Thursday.

BTW, to everyone who is buying hotels and booking flights, good luck! I wouldn't book a flight or hotel room until we get confirmation on the dates!

Personally, I am thinking about going to Columbus, Nashville and Indianapolis. We'll see...

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:47

BTW, to everyone who is buying hotels and booking flights, good luck! I wouldn't book a flight or hotel room until we get confirmation on the dates!

I think it depends: I booked Hotels, but would never book flights before the final Dates are out. As I can cancel them until the day of Arrival it doesn't matter. I just remember that in Philadelphia I paid for the Holiday Inn 420 USD instead of USD 150 because I was to late. That will never happen again.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 17, 2015 19:49

Grison

I think it depends: I booked Hotels, but would never book flights before the final Dates are out. As I can cancel them until the day of Arrival it doesn't matter. I just remember that in Philadelphia I paid for the Holiday Inn 420 USD instead of USD 150 because I was to late. That will never happen again.

Yep, I booked hotels in Columbus and Pittsburgh as well. Will end up going to only one show but I can cancel at any time. Still very reasonable prices if you book now and are looking only for a decent place to get some sleep after the show.

Date: March 17, 2015 19:58

[www.justakissaway.rocks]

Fill in your preferred show(s) zip codes for alerts

To those that are questioning venues like Raleigh, Columbus and other "boring" towns...I have 2 things to say...it is a matter of Supply and Demand...NYC, BOS, SFP, LAX CHI are all in the neighborhoos of oversaturation at this point...the "been there done that" crowd that might spend $800 is not to be duped again for multiple nights.
The supply and demand in the secondary markets is there...it's hot...and they will do fine.

When the Stones play Stadiums, they are not playing cities...they are playing markets. They are not playing Raleigh...they are playing to a population of over 2 million which has much wealth, the most doctors per capita in the US, private universities, prestigious public universities, a vibrant artistic culture, and is the equivilent of silicon valley east...so it is really a choise of silicaon valley west or silicaon valley east...

I am sure the other secondary markets, the "boring cities' have similar attrbutes. Columbus, for example, the state capital, has a vibrant culture and metro population (about 2 million) to support a show...as do the others I assume. That is the difference between playing a city and playing a metropolitan area

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 20:01 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 17, 2015 20:02

So is Colorado completely off the table, so many Stones fans out this way and its been a while. Crazy how every paper, news outlets and everything else was reporting this and the buzz around here has been crazy.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home