Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 17, 2015 14:55

Shouldn't we wait for an official announcement? We have many variables involved, which include Flights, Hotels, Work Schedule, etc...

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 14:56

PittsburghJoe
I think the tour itinerary is fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing shows in some new cities and venues. We here in the US know just how great all of the towns are. It's a nice departure from the same old same old. If you think these places all suck then just don't go, I doubt you will be missed. As for the rest of us, we will be rocking in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Detroit and every other shit town in between!

smileys with beersmileys with beer

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:02

The Rolling Stones marketing machine works like this:

1. Make the buzz (old age: press conference, these days : billboards)
2. Leave the marketing to journalists and social media (and IORR etc)
3. D-day: The announement (THURSDAY according to the boards, or may be WED if you signed up on justakissaway.rocks)
4. Pre-sales (to serve sponsors and real fans)
5. Public sales (the big fight with millions of "normal" fans)
6. If sales go slow (they won't) then the special deals

Special deals might be a nice warmup act (like Metallica or AC/DC), a great deal (like Lucky Dip), or anything else that they might come up with. It is in the contracts that they do not want to perform in empty stadiums. They will fill up all the venues with real fans, no problem.

The clock is ticking. Make sure you are early in the loop. Use all available channels, including justakissaway.rocks and so on. Make sure your internet is working and have a few extra browsers available. Make a reboot of your PC the day before and check everything is working. Don't do it five minutes before tickets go on sale. Empty your browser cache now, not tomorrow. Keep your cookies, they come handy. All these details I am sure you have taken care of already.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:04

Chris Fountain
Shouldn't we wait for an official announcement? We have many variables involved, which include Flights, Hotels, Work Schedule, etc...

There is: The Sun, The Moon and.... The Rolling Stones.

No work schedule involved grinning smiley but careful planning. I spend to much money on tickets so if I am going I would like to be on the save side for the rest of the expenses. This is why I prebooked hotels which you can cancel. I remember paying much to much at Philadelphia in 2013. Once the official dates are available your better of with changing reservation on the fast lane.
But everybody can do that like he's up to.

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:04

tauk
Shine A Light
American Express presale - SERVE Prepaid card

I called American Express yesterday afternoon and asked the same question about the SERVE prepaid cards. I was placed on hold for awhile and when the lady came back she asked me if this was for the Bette Midler presale and I said no it was not.

I told her it was for the Rolling Stones presale this week . She discussed this with a fellow supervisor and said that the American Express presale card will not work; because there has to be a name on the prepaid credit card in order for it to work on the presale. This card (PER THE AGENT) does not show a name on the card.

BUt, when I look online on their website, I see that the SERVE prepaid card shows the customers name on it. So confused. I really don't think these agents knew what they were talking about.

I really hope this works for you Carolyn and whoever else applies. I will go check out their website more to get more clarification.

Going to be a fantastic Stones summer.

Well, I guess I'll take another look at it also, re. the name on the card. When I applied for it it specifically asked for me to enter my name for the card "the same as it will appear on government id which will be required" so they will match. ??

I see what you mean about your name showing up on the card. When I look at their website for presales and concerts, I see where there is a One VIP American Express Serve prepaid card that is good for certain concerts in certain cities.

I cancelled my American Express card about 5 years ago and don't want to reapply for a new cc and get have my credit report dinged unnecessarily.

The one thing that I noticed for the SERVE card is that you can only put $500 a day on the card. Not sure if there is a maximum balance that you can have on the card. Just would hate to try to buy 4 tickets in the presale and not have enough money on the card.

oh well.... I hope everyone has success in getting the tickets that they want.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:08

Your name does appear on an Amex Serve card.

You can have more than $500 balance. You can only load $500 per day, onto the card.

A comparison for the Amex Serve and One VIP Serve card.
[www.frugalhack.me]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 15:17 by MingSubu.

Date: March 17, 2015 15:11

I have an American Express Card, but I use an United Card to gain mileage points.

Is American Express running the Ticket pre-sales? Is this the point everyone is suggesting?

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:16

Bjornulf, any idea if the stadium floor will be General Admission or seated? Any chance for the pit at these summer shows?

Date: March 17, 2015 15:17

Can someone please tell me when we expect the presale to begin.

This Thursday?

Date: March 17, 2015 15:17

You don't have to do anything until the announcement and when tickets go on public sale, but if you need a hotel then you will realize all hotels in the area are full and you need to pay 600 dollars for a five star hotel. Right now you have an adavantage if you need accomodation or if you aim at a better seat in the stadium. It is not fun to sleep on a bench at the Greyhound station until the next bus leaves at 4am...

Bjornulf

Date: March 17, 2015 15:19

Whoo Hoo

Booked Hotels Already!!

Walking Distance to Arrowhead Kansas City and AT&T Stadium Dallas

Can see both Stadiums from each Hotel

And got them cheap!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 15:34 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:20

Chris Fountain
I have an American Express Card, but I use an United Card to gain mileage points.

Is American Express running the Ticket pre-sales? Is this the point everyone is suggesting?

From what I have read on the message boards, American Express is handling the pre-sales.

I, too use my UNITED mastercard for the majority of my purchases, so I can accumulate miles.

Date: March 17, 2015 15:24

jumpontopofmebaby
Whoo Hoo

Booked Hotels Already!!

Walking Distance to Arrowhead Kansas
Can see both Stadiums from Hotel

And got them cheap!!!!!
Could you name that hotel???

Date: March 17, 2015 15:29

when it comes to American Express pre-sales, there are two types.

The first is a general presage where no code/password is needed. You simply search for tickets using the "American Express pre-sale" drop down from ticket master and all you need to do is purchase the tickets with an American Express card.

The second is a preferred presale in which you need to purchase the tickets with an American Express gold card or higher, i.e., platinum, centurion. This sale requires a password and that password is the 800 customer service number on the back of the card. 800-525-3355.

Remember though, you need a gold card or better to purchase the tickets, otherwise the password is useless.

Date: March 17, 2015 15:30

Yes

Marriott Courtyard Arlington $129

Fourpoints Sheraton Kansas City $119 -

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:35

Sorry if I miss something, but what is "justakissaway.rocks"? Thanks.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:36

3DTeafoe

It's a new website where you can register your e-mail to receive informations about the tour: [www.justakissaway.rocks]

Date: March 17, 2015 15:40

jumpontopofmebaby
Yes

Marriott Courtyard Arlington $129

Fourpoints Sheraton Kansas City $119 -

I can't find this one on the mariott page, can you give more details thanks anyway.

Date: March 17, 2015 15:45

3DTeafoe

Make sure you check out this page every day:

[www.iorr.org]

All important info will be here, including the "justakissaway.rocks" site info, posted four days ago.

Bjornulf

Date: March 17, 2015 15:50

bv
3DTeafoe

[www.iorr.org]

All important info will be here, including the "justakissaway.rocks" site info, posted four days ago.

justakissaway.rocks says Thursday and you need an US Zip code to get the alerts. So what's correct?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 15:57 by Grison.

Date: March 17, 2015 15:54

Shine A Light
Chris Fountain

From what I have read on the message boards, American Express is handling the pre-sales.

I, too use my UNITED mastercard for the majority of my purchases, so I can accumulate miles.

I just booked a room in Orlando for June 12-14 using 70,000 Hilton Points. Hell I may stay longer to hit the Rollercoasters at Isles of Adventure or even go to Seaworld and say hello to Shamu!! Hell Goofy can go with us !!! Let's Gooooooo!!!!!

We're going to the Concert!!!!!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:58

WOW! Could they have picked more boring markets to play in?

No New York, Boston, Chicago, L.A, but they are playing Stones strong holds like Milwaukee, Columbus and Raleigh???

I understand that they didn't hit these markets last time around, but I thought for sure they would have thrown in some of the traditional strong Stones markets.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 15:58

DoomandGloom
Stones726
mnewman505
I love how all the trolls show up when it's tour time!

Exactly, clowns looking for attention!
Well there is free discussion allowed within reason and respect here. From a geographical and business standpoint this tour is strange. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Detroit for example can all be managed within 3 and 4 hours of each other if you start with the furthest and connect. Essentially they will be competing with themselves using those venues in what is a questionable economy and a wain in the amount of people that still connect with the band. Boston, New York City et are at best 7 hours from those spots, there is a big gap for what is their most affluent and likely their biggest audience. Perhaps they'll come to the East Coast afterwards and go back to the high prices that made most here go troll and question the band's motives for playing. I don't consider myself a troll for pointing this out or hesitating to commit my summer to smaller cities where the wait between shows or a postponement would be torture.

I picked one city (Pittsburgh as closest venue to Boston). I'm convinced at some point I will see them again in New York. You should lose the Doom & Gloom, pick a city or two, kick your shoes off and have a blast! The Stones are Touring my friend and it's gonna be a great time!

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:03

bv
3DTeafoe

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks, BV. I'll be sure to keep au courant.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:05

Fun can be had in any town, big or small.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:07

This is great news, about the possibility of Salt Lake City! Thanks bv!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:07

GlimmerGirl24
Kurt
Another one that I took from my box under the overpass:

Kurt, where is your box under the overpass? Is this the sign near the a Palace or on 275? I'll be in Detroit for the weekend with with my fire sale $28 plus fees Neil Diamond tickets on Friday and the ballet at the Opera House on Saturday. I was thinking of picnicking beneath one of the Stones signs on Saturday afternoon.

I have TWO boxes, actually. A true luxury here in Detroit. winking smiley

One of them is off of I-75 north bound right near M-59, close to The Palace.
The other one, my vacation box, is on I-275 southbound by I-94 near the airport.

By all means, stop by!

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:09

Sure hope season ticket holders to these venues get 1st crack at tickets before American Express cards holders do.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:10

Grison

justakissaway.rocks says Thursday and you need an US Zip code to get the alerts. So what's correct?

I think that the 1st alerts will come on Wednesday and the official Tour announcement is on Thursday. Regarding the Zip codes for us Europeans: simply use the Zip from Coca Cola for Atlanta, the Zip from Harley-Davidson for Milwaukee or the Zip from the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo and so on ....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:14

bv
It seems like the north west US is bidding for the May 27 slot, might be Seatte or Salt Lake City, and Canada is bidding for the mid July slot.

It must be great to have the Stones up for sale. "I have the Stones to offer you. They will guarantee you 50,000 people into town. Or more. Do you have a stadium ready, and will the politicians sponsor say a couple of million dollars?" That is the trade these days.

Would prefer Vancouver show to hometown Seattle.. Crowd is always just a bit more into it..and Vancouver makes the 45 minute drive from my house feel like a trip..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home