Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...151152153154155156157158159160161...LastNext
Current Page: 156 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:40

seen them in 97 at the horse shoe I believe it sold but they have added extra capacity since

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:48

a seating chart wont help if the tix are fakes or have been disassigned by the venue or tm....best to make sure whomever you buy from, if not known to you, is also going into the show and preferably right behind you

and im of the school of thought that it is greed not cincinnati that eliminates GA shows....GA shows all the time in Canada.....quite good and well attended ones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 20:52 by massmick.

Posted by: sway76 ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:50

IS THERE ANY REAL GOOD POSTS ABOUT THE STONES ANYMORE OR JUST TAKING UP SPACE WITH BLA BLA BLA

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 28, 2015 20:52

nope...just yours

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 28, 2015 21:20

sway76
IS THERE ANY REAL GOOD POSTS ABOUT THE STONES ANYMORE OR JUST TAKING UP SPACE WITH BLA BLA BLA

Please, if you have to say something here, say it at a normal way!!!!! Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 21:22 by skyhawk.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 28, 2015 21:29

podiumboy
If you look at the figures for U2's 360 tour they had several shows over 60,000 in a stadium. The Rose Bowl, which was made into the tour's DVD, had 97,000 people in the stadium. However U2 can't fill stadiums in places like Columbus or Indianapolis, whereas the Stones probably can. In 1997 The Stones put 60,000 people into Ohio Stadium, while U2 did 45,000. I think the attendance record for a football game is 108,000 or something. I'd expect The Stones to do around 60,000 again this time.

U2 tour was quite a bit different as they had the stage set "in the round" and sold all seats in a stadium, as opposed to the Stones who will have an "end stage" set up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 28, 2015 21:48

sway76

nt yours anyway
Just fade away, please
jeroen

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 28, 2015 22:51

Feeling good about legacies, the Stones and mine! Driving home in Auckland I just got an international text from my 10 year old great nephew who has just started guitar lessons. He heard the Stone were on tour somehow, asked his mom if he could go, and she had a him text me about getting him a ticket. ALL RIGHT PEYTON ALT UNCLE STEVE IS GONNA TAKE YOU TO YOUR FIRST STONES' SHOW THIS SUMMER!!

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:40

massmick
a seating chart wont help if the tix are fakes or have been disassigned by the venue or tm....best to make sure whomever you buy from, if not known to you, is also going into the show and preferably right behind you

and im of the school of thought that it is greed not cincinnati that eliminates GA shows....GA shows all the time in Canada.....quite good and well attended ones!

So you have the seller go to the gate with you to have the tickets scanned. If the seller refuses then don't buy from them. I did this for several shows and it was no issue.

I have bought tickets day of show in the parking many timmes and never had issues doing the above. I have never been to a Stones stadium show post 89 where there were not plenty of real tickets being sold cheap at the venue before the show.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:45

I hear the Stones have a new gimmick for after the encore this tour. As you head for the exits with the last notes of Brown Sugar ringing in your ears you will be picked up by a contraption that turns you upside down and shakes you, allowing any remaining money to fall out of your pockets and be collected. I believe this device was tested an pioneered by the Disney people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 23:46 by 71Tele.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:49

oldschool
massmick

So you have the seller go to the gate with you to have the tickets scanned. If the seller refuses then don't buy from them. I did this for several shows and it was no issue.

I have bought tickets day of show in the parking many timmes and never had issues doing the above. I have never been to a Stones stadium show post 89 where there were not plenty of real tickets being sold cheap at the venue before the show.

yep, exactly how to work it.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:59

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:05

bye bye johnny

Perfect. I love the Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-29 10:30 by bv.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:19

latebloomer
bye bye johnny

Perfect. I love the Stones!

Wooohooo!

BRING IT ON!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-29 10:30 by bv.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:22

71Tele
I hear the Stones have a new gimmick for after the encore this tour. As you head for the exits with the last notes of Brown Sugar ringing in your ears you will be picked up by a contraption that turns you upside down and shakes you, allowing any remaining money to fall out of your pockets and be collected. I believe this device was tested an pioneered by the Disney people.

Funny! Disney has this to a science. I'm glad those days are almost over for my Children. My youngest is almost 13 and I'm hoping to not hear the "D word" again
but it could happen.

Date: March 29, 2015 00:28

swimtothemoon
71Tele

Funny! Disney has this to a science. I'm glad those days are almost over for my Children. My youngest is almost 13 and I'm hoping to not hear the "D word" again
but it could happen.

yes, I was adapting an old joke about the last ride before the exit at Disneyland being one where they turn you upside down and empty all the remaining money from your pockets.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:53

71Tele
swimtothemoon
71Tele

but it could happen.

yes, I was adapting an old joke about the last ride before the exit at Disneyland being one where they turn you upside down and empty all the remaining money from your pockets.

Say what you want about Disney but it is a top self first class operation. When I took my daughters there in 2011 I could not believe how efficiently that place is run. The accommodations, transport to the various parks, the parks themselves and restaurants were run flawlessly.

Expensive? yes but you get what you pay for IMHO.

Date: March 29, 2015 01:12

--

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-29 01:30 by 71Tele.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 29, 2015 01:15

HotStuff, no worries about Columbus, as forsure said.
I think you will get in!

Hey Uncle Steve, to which show are you taking the lad for his first? Very exciting!!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: spidey9 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 01:23

Here in San Diego, classic rock radio station KGB is advertising that they will have a "Huge Announcement" at 6:30 am (Pacific Time) on Tuesday morning.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 29, 2015 01:31

Denver, Salt Lake City or Seattle on Wednesday May 27th seems to be the only date in doubt.

Any word on which way they're leaning?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 29, 2015 01:31

The Stones are rolling and you guys want to whine about a measly hundred bucks to enter Disneyland?, on this thread? confused smiley C'mon man get over it.

This will be an exciting bunch of shows no matter who guests, what the setlist looks like or how much the tickets cost. Either you're in or you're out. I expect to have smile marks tanned into my face before it's all over....Whoo Hoo!

peace

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 01:36

angee
HotStuff, no worries about Columbus, as forsure said.
I think you will get in!
That's good to know, thanks! I'll take yours, and everyone else's, word on it. Hope to see some of you in Columbus then! smileys with beer

Date: March 29, 2015 01:57

Naturalust
The Stones are rolling and you guys want to whine about a measly hundred bucks to enter Disneyland?, on this thread? confused smiley C'mon man get over it.

This will be an exciting bunch of shows no matter who guests, what the setlist looks like or how much the tickets cost. Either you're in or you're out. I expect to have smile marks tanned into my face before it's all over....Whoo Hoo!

peace

Well, since you put it that way, I'm out.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 29, 2015 03:08

kahoosier
Feeling good about legacies, the Stones and mine! Driving home in Auckland I just got an international text from my 10 year old great nephew who has just started guitar lessons. He heard the Stone were on tour somehow, asked his mom if he could go, and she had a him text me about getting him a ticket. ALL RIGHT PEYTON ALT UNCLE STEVE IS GONNA TAKE YOU TO YOUR FIRST STONES' SHOW THIS SUMMER!!

Oh god, the cringe...

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: March 29, 2015 03:12

Bastion
kahoosier

Oh god, the cringe...
I need a nephew like this!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 29, 2015 03:14

bigpond
Bastion
kahoosier

Oh god, the cringe...

Wasn't the nephew I was cringing at.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 29, 2015 03:22

Bastion
bigpond
Bastion
kahoosier

Oh god, the cringe...

Wasn't the nephew I was cringing at.

Then you must be looking in the mirror, because that nasty comment is truly cringe worthy.

Kahoosier, I took my then 14 year old son to his first Stones concert a few year ago and it was a wonderful experience for both of us. I'm sure you it will be the same for you and your nephew. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-29 03:33 by latebloomer.

Date: March 29, 2015 03:29

Even the Who continued to have GA on the Farewelll tour of 1982. The Shea Stadium shows I was at did not have seat on field...and there are STILL plenty of arena GA shows even today.as well as festivals...those huge festivals with those spansive GA sections give me the creeps...I am surprised that we have not had more deaths at those things..

The cincinatti tradgedy happened as folks ENTERED the venue and trampled under foot to get to the front....not during the show of in the arena itself.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 29, 2015 05:40

Yeah . . . . .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...151152153154155156157158159160161...LastNext
Current Page: 156 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home