Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:39

Summergirl
Just logged on after being away for a few days....
I CAN BARELY SIT STILL!!!!!!
"Hairball" and "sdstonesguy"...nice to meet you!! I am up in Santa Ynez...and YES, we will all need to get together...for sure in San Diego!! if not before.
BV, so anxious to meet you too.... This will be a long wait but the anticipation is part of the fun!
WHooo WHooo

I am hoping to make the San Diego show...lived there 10 years & have a lot of friends I'd like to see. However, the LA show is one I can take my wife...and Red Rocks is looking like a must see for me. In the end, it'll come down to cost...like most things in life.

Hope you're nice & warm up in the valley. I'm in Montecito (don't hate me, I'm a nice guy...really...)...a shorter drive to LA (every mile counts at 2 in the morning). The Press Room used to have a framed poster of Lennon reading a newspaper with a headline of Brian's death...that must mean it's a good meeting place.

I'm still hoping for a San Diego club show. It would not be at the Casbah...but if it were...I'm sure I could get in. It's still my favorite rock club...anywhere.

BV...you're a celebrity! Everyone wants to meet you now...I wonder if you'll get to see the show or just shake hands...haha. I still remember those long cold nights outside the Fillmore back in '99...I'm still not over that club show being canceled.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:43

They most likely will play in Orlando as opposed to Miami as Dolphin Stadium maybe undergoing a planned facelift at that time.

Orlando would be a great choice as Goofy may make a special appearance. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 23:49 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:45

bv

There MUST be a STONES billboard within driving distance today if you expect the Stones do do a major scheduled show anywhere near you this summer.

Someone mentioned a billboard in Rochester (NY) as conclusion for Buffalo (NY) on [Twitter.com] .

Posted by: leftybill ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:45

stones2000
BV, any way I could please get any word on a possible Seattle, Vancouver, or Tacoma visit? smiling smiley Thank you for all your help
thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:46

Yes, Minneapolis has a Stones billboard with "Can't you hear me knocking" on it. I have friends driving by it and should be able to post a picture up in the next few hours or so. July 20th is booked for TCF Stadium, so the best guess we are hearing is July 13 for Minneapolis. So excited!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:49

leftybill
stones2000
BV, any way I could please get any word on a possible Seattle, Vancouver, or Tacoma visit? smiling smiley Thank you for all your help
thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

I think BV won't tell us the locations of the billboards. So that's the problem, I'm kind of in the dark here smiling smiley. Oh well. All will be revealed soon

Posted by: martini22 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:52

Yeah, if anyone sees a Billboard in the Seattle area, take a pic, so I can ease my mind. The suspense, or maybe the worrying, is unsettling.

I'd love to see the band near my home in Portland, but I'm guessing that is an extreme longshot.

Date: March 13, 2015 23:54

martini22
Yeah, if anyone sees a Billboard in the Seattle area, take a pic, so I can ease my mind. The suspense, or maybe the worrying, is unsettling.

I'd love to see the band near my home in Portland, but I'm guessing that is an extreme longshot.

Yeah, I'd hugely appreciate it too. No one from the Seattle/Vancouver area has heard any word on possible shows...

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 13, 2015 23:55

AJDuffer
Yes, Minneapolis has a Stones billboard with "Can't you hear me knocking" on it. I have friends driving by it and should be able to post a picture up in the next few hours or so. July 20th is booked for TCF Stadium, so the best guess we are hearing is July 13 for Minneapolis. So excited!

If July 14 is the new date for Indy, it's unlikely they will be in Minneapolis the night before.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:00

Where is the billboard? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry tried to quote but didn't work. My fingers are too excited. I meant billboard in Minneapolis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-14 00:01 by triplelicks.

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:00

what are the odds they'd play Mpls, Indy AND Milwaukee? Really hoping someone sees a Milwaukee billboard pop up this weekend!

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:01

Good point: I meant JUNE 13 for Minneapolis.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:01

The Sicilian
GAFF
bv
Every show I have seen by The Rolling Stones in San Diego has been absolutely amazing. Rain or shine, the fans there are just great. I am looking forward to four great days in San Diego.

The B2B show in San Diego in '98 was amazing with the rain pouring down. Magical!

The show I seen in San Diego in October 1981, the skies were blue and sun blazed at about 80 degrees that afternoon. Stones waited and came on at night in their first evening show of the tour. It was a general admission rocker.

The '81 San Diego show was my first Stones show and the weather was absolutely summer like.

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:02

Anyone in the Bay Area see any billboards?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:06

I'm in SF and nothing spotted in my travels yet today....

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:09

stones2000
It's hard, there could easily be a billboard somewhere near me, but I don't know...

You could call your Clear Channel Outdoor location - see if they know of anything up by AEG in the last 24 hours. Of course there are other billboard companies as well, but CC did the Atlanta one.

I called CC's San Francisco office, the chap checked recent Bay Area activity, and couldn't find anything, alas.

Date: March 14, 2015 00:13

DeanGoodman
stones2000
It's hard, there could easily be a billboard somewhere near me, but I don't know...

You could call your Clear Channel Outdoor location - see if they know of anything up by AEG in the last 24 hours. Of course there are other billboard companies as well, but CC did the Atlanta one.

I called CC's San Francisco office, the chap checked recent Bay Area activity, and couldn't find anything, alas.

Good idea, thanks man

Date: March 14, 2015 00:14

stones2000

Good idea, thanks man

Contact info:

[clearchanneloutdoor.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:14

I am updating a list of "Billboard cities" in the IORR Tour 2015 pages:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:19

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:19

Why don't we have any rumors about a Texas show? It's one of the biggest state in USA, with very big cities (Dallas, Houston, SA, Austin...)

Benjamin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-14 00:19 by benstones.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:26

Curious why a billboard would show up in Rochester when the show is rumored to be in Buffalo? Perhaps Billboards might only mean a show within 100 miles of the billboard?..... Is West NY all the same to the Stones?

peace

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:33

I wonder if Tampa has a billboard.. The Stones back to Lakeland (dead center between Orlando and Tampa) would be awesome.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:35

Any news on billboard in other rumoured cities - NYC, Denver, Miwaukee, Kansas City, Nashville/Memphis, Raleigh?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:35

Naturalust

Curious why a billboard would show up in Rochester when the show is rumored to be in Buffalo? Perhaps Billboards might only mean a show within 100 miles of the billboard?

Rochester is ca. 70 miles (bee line) away from Buffalo. BV said: "within driving distance". Both cities have a similar amount of inhabitants. So it should fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-14 01:00 by Irix.

Date: March 14, 2015 00:46

Buffalo is a risk. It might easily be the smallest stop on the tour, as determined by Nielsen Designated Marketing Areas (DMAs). If it is to be successful, the Stones need to get the word out to a very wide radius. Rochester is about 70 miles from Buffalo.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:51

Billboard spotted near Atlanta (not by me).

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 14, 2015 00:58

Just saw a scene-changing LCD billboard here in Columbus, Oh. Tongue with alternating lines from Brown Sugar, and in big letters... Thursday.

Date: March 14, 2015 01:11

josepi
Just saw a scene-changing LCD billboard here in Columbus, Oh. Tongue with alternating lines from Brown Sugar, and in big letters... Thursday.

Great scoop! Columbus is a cool Stones town, midway between Pittsburgh and Indianapolis (180 miles each), so the Stones are really saturating that portion of the I-70.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 14, 2015 01:11

Aquamarine
Billboard spotted near Atlanta (not by me).

Got a friendly tweet telling that billboards have been seen outside Pittsburg as well!

Go billboards, go!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home