Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 13, 2015 04:32

Judging by Red Rocks' already busy concert schedule, and that the tour start is May 24 on the West Coast, I am guessing a date either June 2, or 7/8 for RR.

Just guessing, though.

[redrocksonline.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 13, 2015 04:33

Maybe there will be other presales besides the American Express? Would be
nice if they set somthing up for the hard core fans to get some choice seats
before the scalpers take them all. After all we are the fans who will support
Multiple shows.

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: March 13, 2015 04:33

Yeah I was thrilled to score TXs for both LA and Anaheim last go-around thanks to their $85 pricing, don't think I'll be able to swing it this time I'm sure with only 14 shows there will be no cheap seats,

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 04:34

bye bye johnny
Would suggest waiting for the official announcement, but that's proven pointless.

Carry on. And on.

Well it really helps to have some kind of idea of when the announcement/pre sale dates are for planning and being available. But I get what you're saying, nothing is 100% until it's officially announced

Posted by: jessicapwflash ()
Date: March 13, 2015 04:39

T

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 15:38 by jessicapwflash.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 13, 2015 04:49

Thanks BV for your tips and efforts. I can only imagine you spend a great deal of time and energy keeping this board organized. It's all very much appreciated.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 13, 2015 05:34

My husband is a season ticket holder for the Padres, so am hoping there will be a presale for season ticket holders. Want front section seats. The photos of the Paul McCartney concert made it pretty clear I don't want to be in the stands, plus the sound bounces around there. It would be great though if the Stones handled the tickets like in 2013.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 06:05 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 13, 2015 07:03

2014Slayer
My husband is a season ticket holder for the Padres, so am hoping there will be a presale for season ticket holders. Want front section seats. The photos of the Paul McCartney concert made it pretty clear I don't want to be in the stands, plus the sound bounces around there. It would be great though if the Stones handled the tickets like in 2013.
Don't count on special treatment for Padres ticket holders. They didn't do it last time they played here and probably won't this time either. I'm just hoping they do a warm up club show before the official tour start. HOB, Spreckles Theater, Balboa Theater, CASBAH?? ;-)

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 13, 2015 07:13

GAFF
2014Slayer
Don't count on special treatment for Padres ticket holders. They didn't do it last time they played here and probably won't this time either. I'm just hoping they do a warm up club show before the official tour start. HOB, Spreckles Theater, Balboa Theater, CASBAH?? ;-)

...is the Backdoor still around?

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 13, 2015 07:52

BluzDude
GAFF
2014Slayer

...is the Backdoor still around?
SDSU Backdoor is no more.

Date: March 13, 2015 09:09

bv
The tour will be announced soon. Make sure you do follow every post here then, because in-between the smalltalk, there will be important information about pre-sales codes and options. These days the Stones shows sell out fast. Demand and supply is NOT balanced.

A million thanks bv! Your advice has always been spot on and helped me get great tickets/seats to many Stones shows over the years. Thank you for all you do, for myself and for fans all over the world of the greatest Rock-n-Roll band in the world, the Rolling Stones!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2015 09:41

Pittsburgh Saturday June 20 is a done deal.

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 13, 2015 09:45

Rookie question from me, a rookie. But I'm a a very strong Rolling Stones fan. Just new to any fan sites. I hope I've worded my questions concisely, although I know they seem a little wordy....just trying to communicate via typing as well as possible.
Question #1) What are Lucky Dips?
Question #2) I've noticed a few references on this thread re, American Express as specifically the card you have to have for use with any pre-sale codes. Is that true? If I don't have a American Express card does that mean I can't do a pre-sale? I only have a visa debit card which can be processed as a credit card if needed.
Question #3) I have picked up from this site the belief that it is no longer considered to be a productive plan to actually go to the real box office ticket sales windows at the specific venues, meaning "camping out" in a line & being the first in line when tickets first go on sale. Why is that? After pre-sales codes purchases, wouldn't being the first person in line have an advantage over using the internet?? I'd consider traveling from Las Vegas where I live to San Diego just for the in-person purchase, of course, which would mean literally "camping out" in a line. I'd do it if I have to, if I can't do a pre-sales code purchase.

I'm so happy I found this website. Thanks for anyone who will take the time to answer these questions. Surely I'm not the only rookie who has these questions...maybe there's a lot of lurking rookies don't post these questions out of shyness, etc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 10:18 by tauk.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 13, 2015 09:58

Karl Denson has a ging in Quincy CA july 2th

On Twitter:

Just Announced: Quincy, CA - Jul 2 at High Sierra Music Festival

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:09

Here's some rookie questions from me, a rookie to fan site here but an ardent Stones fan. Their music has gotten me through a lot of stressful times.

Question$1) What are Lucky Dips"??

Question #2) If I don't have an American Express card am I out of luck for any pre-sales codes? I've noticed a reference or two on these recent pages re, American Express as the necessary card. I only have a Visa card.

##) If I'm SOL for using any pre-sale codes what's my next best chance at seats that aren't ridiculously too far away to see anything except the big video screens? If I can't do a pre-sale for not having the right type of credit card why then would it not be productive to actually travel to the venue early & camp out to b the first in line for when normal ticket sales start? Is that an ancient practice usurped by the internet ticket sales? I'd be willing to travel from Las Vegas where I live to San Diego to 'camp out" in line at a box office if that would get mine purchased before a lot of internet sales.

I appreciate any help y'all can gimme. I must not be the only rookie who has some of these questions? Probably a lot of other rookies who just Lurk & are too shy to ask for these specifics bits of information.

Carolyn G

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:10

tauk

Question #1) What are Lucky Dips?

Tickets for a small price ($85 in 2013) - but they work like a lottery: you can end up with a Ticket Front of Stage or you can end up with a Ticket in the Nosebleed Seats. You don't know your place when you buy the Lucky-Dip-Ticket, you get your place shortly before the admission. See the description here: [www.rollingstones.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 10:25 by Irix.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:39

Large banks and American Express often sponsor shows and tours, then they get pre-sales codes. Then just get the code, or find a friend you trust that will be willing to buy the ticket on his/her amex card. I have had an amex card for all the years, it is harmless, it cost may be 40 dollars or so per year, but as long as you travel and pay everything in time it is a great credit card. Just pay the bills in time, and don't order anything you can't afford.

Also, if you are not on social and mobile media yet, then sell your soul, get there. The Stones are not on these media much but they pay agencies to feed them with promo material and pre-sales advantages. Like during the opening shows at the O2 arena they had this monkey walking around in the isles giving away pit ticket upgrades to those who had seen the secret worrd on their mobile app. That secret word was posted here on IORR too by the way, but you need a smartphone in order to read online inside a venue.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:42

March 19th happens to be a Wednesday winking smiley The Stones themselves haven't teased us enough with the #getwhatyouneed Twitter posts. Back in 2013 for example, didn't they put out those teaser tweets/posts for a few days before the actual announcement?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:56

Topi
March 19th happens to be a Wednesday

It happens to be a Thursday actually.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 13, 2015 11:00

Topi

Back in 2013 for example, didn't they put out those teaser tweets/posts for a few days before the actual announcement?

There was for instance the countdown: [www.rollingstones.com] .

I would be surprised if they will announce the Tour on March 18 - because it's the 1st anniversary of the very sad events of March 17, 2014 ....

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2015 11:02

erikjjf
Topi
March 19th happens to be a Wednesday

It happens to be a Thursday actually.

Whoops, I stand corrected, erikjjf! I hear you on the anniversary, Irix.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 13, 2015 12:40

tauk
Here's some rookie questions from me, a rookie to fan site here but an ardent Stones fan. Their music has gotten me through a lot of stressful times.

Question$1) What are Lucky Dips"??

Question #2) If I don't have an American Express card am I out of luck for any pre-sales codes? I've noticed a reference or two on these recent pages re, American Express as the necessary card. I only have a Visa card.

##) If I'm SOL for using any pre-sale codes what's my next best chance at seats that aren't ridiculously too far away to see anything except the big video screens? If I can't do a pre-sale for not having the right type of credit card why then would it not be productive to actually travel to the venue early & camp out to b the first in line for when normal ticket sales start? Is that an ancient practice usurped by the internet ticket sales? I'd be willing to travel from Las Vegas where I live to San Diego to 'camp out" in line at a box office if that would get mine purchased before a lot of internet sales.

I appreciate any help y'all can gimme. I must not be the only rookie who has some of these questions? Probably a lot of other rookies who just Lurk & are too shy to ask for these specifics bits of information.

Carolyn G

#1 Lucky Dips were cheap tickets you bought by credit card and picked up at the venue. They made sure IDs matched and you were given tickets by lottery. Some people ended up in the pit, others in nosebleeds. I never bought Lucky Dips, but I'll try to this tour.

#2 If you don't have an AMEX card, or are able to borrow one, then you can't buy tickets in the AMEX pre-sale. I didn't do any 50 & Counting... pre-sales. Just bought tickets when they went on sale. Were all pre-sales in the US done by AMEX? I know the Euro 14 On Fire had a couple different companies do pre-sales. For example, my Berlin and Dusseldorf ticket was bought during some German online newspaper pre-sale.

#3 Going to buy tickets at the venue is a thing of the past. Just be patient and use the internet. Read up on how tickets are released/sold and go from there.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 13, 2015 13:37

The sad anniverary is March 17th. I doubt the announcements on the 19th or most any date would add or detract fom that, except possibly right on the 17th. People are talking about it, in any case.

Looking forward to more info. Thanks, Bjornulf, for what you give us!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: March 13, 2015 14:02

bv
Pittsburgh Saturday June 20 is a done deal.

[www.iorr.org]

One would think this puts a serious dent in those June 22 Milwaukee rumors sad smiley

Any further update on a potential Milwaukee show? Thanks for all the news BV, love the site.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 13, 2015 14:24

Madcap
One would think this puts a serious dent in those June 22 Milwaukee rumors sad smiley

Any further update on a potential Milwaukee show? Thanks for all the news BV, love the site.

Milwaukee's been rumoured for June 23 which suits the schedule perfectly as it's 2 day gap between the shows, usual nowadays for The Stones. Hope to see you in Pittsburgh and Milwaukee if those 2 shows are confirmed!

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: March 13, 2015 14:31

Miller Park isn't available on the 23rd because of a Brewers game that night. I suppose it's possible they return to the Bradley Center but stadiums seem to be the preferred venues this go around. I'm tied up 4th of July weekend or else I'd be in Indy for sure. I live in Chicago so I'm really counting on Milwaukee for my fix!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: March 13, 2015 14:32

As I've stated several times in this thread the Stones won't be in Milwaukee on June 23rd because the Brewers are playing the New York Mets at home on that day.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 13, 2015 15:01

Apart from a poster on Shidoobee claiming to have received an email with info about a Milwaukee show, haven't seen anything to further substantiate it - including any local radio or news reports.

Meanwhile, the press in Minnesota is talking up a possible date at TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.

[www.startribune.com]

[www.twincities.com]

Date: March 13, 2015 15:05

Is Baltimore a possibility?

Posted by: jessicapwflash ()
Date: March 13, 2015 15:15

Jessica P.W. Flash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 16:56 by jessicapwflash.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home