Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 12, 2015 19:53

Well that is saddening isn't it.

My excitement has waned...sigh...I guess Red Rocks will have to do.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 12, 2015 20:11

I'll go to Red Rocks in a heart beat but I have hard time believing the Stones will play there.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 20:20

Woz
I'll go to Red Rocks in a heart beat but I have hard time believing the Stones will play there.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about all of these rumors... We'll see when the stones themselves announce the dates

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 12, 2015 20:35

stones2000
Woz

Yeah, I'm not so sure about all of these rumors... We'll see when the stones themselves announce the dates

I was skeptical too but since bv has mentioned Red Rocks and the summer concerts there are sponsored by Jeep, and the Stones have affiliated themselves with Jeep ( Official Car of the ‘14 On Fire’ Rolling Stones European tour), and it's an amazing venue they haven't played yet, I'm thinking this one is a go.

peace

Date: March 12, 2015 20:50

Naturalust
stones2000
Woz

I was skeptical too but since bv has mentioned Red Rocks and the summer concerts there are sponsored by Jeep, and the Stones have affiliated themselves with Jeep ( Official Car of the ‘14 On Fire’ Rolling Stones European tour), and it's an amazing venue they haven't played yet, I'm thinking this one is a go.

peace

Well that's certainly a good sign. But does anyone know exactly why bv is so trustworthy? How does he have his knowledge? I mean, I intend absolutely no disrespect or lack of gratitude to him, but I'm just curious about how he knows...

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 12, 2015 20:56

Your goal should not be to question...just accept at face value. You will see when the official info comes out that he is always about 90-100% bang on...and he never promises anything either. We are on HIS site after all just embrace it and make sure your credit card is clear

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 12, 2015 20:59

stones2000
Naturalust
stones2000
Woz

peace

Well that's certainly a good sign. But does anyone know exactly why bv is so trustworthy? How does he have his knowledge? I mean, I intend absolutely no disrespect or lack of gratitude to him, but I'm just curious about how he knows...

Well, he has been operating his site for many years and I'm sure the band
Recognizes and appreciates his efforts. His information is always on target.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 21:00

stones2000

When you will have followed this forum for some time, you will see for yourself. It pays back to read bv's posts and hints. It really does :-)

Date: March 12, 2015 21:04

Happy24
stones2000

When you will have followed this forum for some time, you will see for yourself. It pays back to read bv's posts and hints. It really does :-)

Oh I'm sure it does! I've been faithfully checking. It's not that I don't trust his info, I'm just curious about how he has it. But I'll trust him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-12 21:04 by stones2000.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 21:16

Looking forward to the first US Stones show where everybody will be able smoke as much weed as they want without any fear of getting busted.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 12, 2015 21:20

The tour will be announced soon. Make sure you do follow every post here then, because in-between the smalltalk, there will be important information about pre-sales codes and options. These days the Stones shows sell out fast. Demand and supply is NOT balanced. The Europen tour sold out in no time. They will play stadiums and amphi's now but there will be one show in each city and they will go fast. If you are slow then best case you will end up in the 300's upper nosebleed, well you are inside but you see the screen and not into Mick and Keith's eyes. Worst case you have to deal with overpricing dealers and brokers.

The pre-sales will start within approx 24 hours after the announcement. Make sure you have a valid credit card available, and keep your calendar available from the last 10-12 days of May and on through mid July. They start in the west LA/SD and cross-cross North America.

Bjornulf

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 21:22

drbryant
wickerman
This is how it looks with all the recent rumours... I've bolded ones that are appearing in various sources, incl. local media as these are most likely going to happen.

May 24 (Sun) - San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
May 28 (Thu) - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Park

June - Texas - rumoured
June - Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre - rumoured
mid June - Minneapolis, MN @ TCF Bank Stadium
June 20 (Sat) - Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Field
June 23 (Tue) - Milwaukee, WI @ TBC (Summerfest, Miller Park or Alpine Valley)

2 shows to fit in between - Memphis or Kansas City rumoured
July 4 (Sat) - Indianapolis, IN @ Indianapolis Speedway
July 11 (Sat) - Buffalo, NY @ Ralph Wilson Stadium

mid July - Quebec City, QB @ Plains Of Abraham (Festival D'été) - rumoured
mid July - New York City, NY - Forest Hills (rumoured but recently denied)
mid July - Raleigh, NC - rumoured
mid July - Atlanta, GA - rumoured
mid July - Orlando, FL - rumoured

I wonder if the good French citizens of Quebec will be happy with the return of the British to the Plains of Abraham... :-0...

...would be a great location, however!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 12, 2015 21:37

palerider22
drbryant
wickerman
This is how it looks with all the recent rumours... I've bolded ones that are appearing in various sources, incl. local media as these are most likely going to happen.

May 24 (Sun) - San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
May 28 (Thu) - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Park

June - Texas - rumoured
June - Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre - rumoured
mid June - Minneapolis, MN @ TCF Bank Stadium
June 20 (Sat) - Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Field
June 23 (Tue) - Milwaukee, WI @ TBC (Summerfest, Miller Park or Alpine Valley)

2 shows to fit in between - Memphis or Kansas City rumoured
July 4 (Sat) - Indianapolis, IN @ Indianapolis Speedway
July 11 (Sat) - Buffalo, NY @ Ralph Wilson Stadium

mid July - Quebec City, QB @ Plains Of Abraham (Festival D'été) - rumoured
mid July - New York City, NY - Forest Hills (rumoured but recently denied)
mid July - Raleigh, NC - rumoured
mid July - Atlanta, GA - rumoured
mid July - Orlando, FL - rumoured

I wonder if the good French citizens of Quebec will be happy with the return of the British to the Plains of Abraham... :-0...

...would be a great location, however!

I can absolutely attest to that fact...it is a really cool concert site within an equally cool city. It is like a natural ampitheatre that slopes down to the stage.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 21:49

bv
The tour will be announced soon. Make sure you do follow every post here then, because in-between the smalltalk, there will be important information about pre-sales codes and options. These days the Stones shows sell out fast. Demand and supply is NOT balanced. The Europen tour sold out in no time. They will play stadiums and amphi's now but there will be one show in each city and they will go fast. If you are slow then best case you will end up in the 300's upper nosebleed, well you are inside but you see the screen and not into Mick and Keith's eyes. Worst case you have to deal with overpricing dealers and brokers.

The pre-sales will start within approx 24 hours after the announcement. Make sure you have a valid credit card available, and keep your calendar available from the last 10-12 days of May and on through mid July. They start in the west LA/SD and cross-cross North America.

Thank you BV, you're the man. I hope to get the chance to meet you this summer!

Stones726

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 21:52

stones2000
Happy24
stones2000

Oh I'm sure it does! I've been faithfully checking. It's not that I don't trust his info, I'm just curious about how he has it. But I'll trust him

See description from BV below. I'm sure he has many relationships with the Stones organization.

I have been so lucky to see the Rolling Stones live many, many times during the tours in 1973, 1982, 1989, 1990, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 and so on - a few hundred great shows over the years. In 1980 I just happened to start making a magazine called It's Only Rock'n Roll, which back then went to 30 friends and collectors. These days IORR is printed and distributed to a thousand hard core fans all over the world, covering about 50 countries. In addition, anybody may access IORR.org on the internet through the Web. The IORR web is visited by several hundred thousand unique Stones fans every month, from more than 140 countries across the world. And IORR.org has brought each and every Stones show set list out to the fans from the 1994 shows and on, copied by hundreds of other Stones sites, still originating here on IORR.org.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:04

It would be a nice gesture from The Stones to give the IORR-people pre-sale with their usernames.
Just a idea...smiling smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:18

stones2000
Naturalust
stones2000
Woz

peace

I'm with you...I would just wait it out this tour, and if BV proves himself, then and only then consider taking his hints.

One cannot be too careful, and we all know there is always the next tour.

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:20

bv

I'm so excited !!

Date: March 12, 2015 22:22

treaclefingers
... we all know there is always the next tour.

I am not sure about that.

Bjornulf

Re: Santa Barbara Stones
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:26

Naturalust
sdstonesguy
Who's close to SB?

Summergirl
Hairball
Sdstonesguy
????????

Can't wait for the show at the Bowl...under 5,000...amazing venue...and I can almost walk there.

I thought this rumor by Dan was admitted to be a mistake as he thought we were talking about friggin' Aerosmith or something. eye rolling smiley

peace

Well we could all meet up for Aerosmith.... eye popping smiley ....NOT!

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:29

Bjornulf, do you know if there will be Lucky Dip tickets for this tour or know approximate pricing for "normal" tickets? I guess they won't be $350-1000 like on 50 & Counting arena tour but would be good to know what we can expect...

I like "amphitheatres" part of your post... Any chance they will hit more sheds than just Hollywood Bowl/Santa Barbara Bowl and Red Rocks?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:31

For New York Baseball Stadiums the only extended road trip for the local teams is July 24th to Aug 1st at Yankee Stadium. Citifield where the Mets play has road games from July 17th to July 22nd, not enough days for 3 day run with set up, days off and breakdown. In NJ there's The Meadowlands, a football stadium but it's really big, over 100,000 people, football is in offseason. With about a 60,000 seat capacity Yankee Stadium is much better for a show, Meadowlands would be dreadfully big.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:32

For some reason, I keep thinking the beautiful Gorge in George, Washington might get a show... It'd be nice... holds a ton of people. Hmmm....

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:39

Getting very excited for the upcoming announcement with hopes of the rumored trip to Minnesota coming true. Thanks BV for all you do to keep us informed and fired up for the upcoming tour!

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:45

Thank you bv for all of the info and dedication. Get that mtn bike tuned up and see you in San Diego!!!

Date: March 12, 2015 22:52

If the Rolling Stones are NOT important to you, then no worries, buy the tickets for this summewr tour if there are spare tickets around for cheap. You are probably just browsning through here because you like it, out of curiosity, that is if you don't worry about tickets. But I know any Stoines fan do worry about gegtting the best tickets. I have spent the past five decades trying to help people getting Stones tickets more easily through info on IORR, this is my message right now:

This is from the 2014 IORR news, the same sales speed was experieenced at all the shows, they all sold out fast.

Mar 24, 2014: Rolling Stones shows in Germany sell out in minutes
The two Rolling Stones shows in Germany sold out in minutes last week. The Waldbuhne show in Berlin sold out in 8 minutes, while the 43,000 capacity Dusseldorf show sold out in 20 minutes.

Mar 28, 2014: The Rolling Stones shows in Norway, Sweden and France sold out in minutes this morning
The Rolling Stones sold out 25,000 tickets at Telenor Arena Oslo Norway in 13 minutes this morning, 45,000 tickets at Tele2 Arena in Stockholm Sweden sold out in 30 minutes, and 75,000 tickets at Stade de France, Paris France sold out in 51 minutes.

This is what they sold out last summer. All sold out fast:

Date Year Venue City Country Capacity
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Telenor Arena Oslo Norway 22,400
Rock In Rio Lisboa - Parque Bela Vista Lisbon Portugal 90,000
Letzigrund Zurich Switzerland 48,600
Park Hayarkon Tel Aviv Israel 48,200
Pinkpop 2014 Landgraaf The Netherlands 67,000
Waldbuhne Berlin Germany 21,300
Stade de France Paris France 76,500
Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna Austria 57,700
Esprit Arena Dusseldorf Germany 44,200
Circo Massimo Rome Italy 71,500
Estadio Santiago Bernabeu Madrid Spain 54,000
TW CLassic 2014 Werchter (near Leuven/Brussels) Belgium 57,700
Tele2 Arena Stockholm Sweden 37,000
Roskilde Roskilde near Copenhagen Denmark 80,000

Stay alert for any pre-sales, that is my best advice right now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 22:58

I was not able to buy a ticket for Berlin, but I made it to Oslo ! I was happy to get back to that beautiful place. Australia was a major upset after flying for more than 20 hours...but just looking forward for more shows this time ! Thanks B.V. for your great work for so many years !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-12 23:01 by montreal1.

Date: March 12, 2015 23:00

Bv, will you be posting every tour date on your page before the official announcement?

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:11

Dallas radio reports rumor of Dallas show at AT&T Cowboys stadium in early June..

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:17

bv
If the Rolling Stones are NOT important to you, then no worries, buy the tickets for this summewr tour if there are spare tickets around for cheap. You are probably just browsning through here because you like it, out of curiosity, that is if you don't worry about tickets. But I know any Stoines fan do worry about gegtting the best tickets. I have spent the past five decades trying to help people getting Stones tickets more easily through info on IORR, this is my message right now:

This is from the 2014 IORR news, the same sales speed was experieenced at all the shows, they all sold out fast.

Mar 24, 2014: Rolling Stones shows in Germany sell out in minutes
The two Rolling Stones shows in Germany sold out in minutes last week. The Waldbuhne show in Berlin sold out in 8 minutes, while the 43,000 capacity Dusseldorf show sold out in 20 minutes.

Mar 28, 2014: The Rolling Stones shows in Norway, Sweden and France sold out in minutes this morning
The Rolling Stones sold out 25,000 tickets at Telenor Arena Oslo Norway in 13 minutes this morning, 45,000 tickets at Tele2 Arena in Stockholm Sweden sold out in 30 minutes, and 75,000 tickets at Stade de France, Paris France sold out in 51 minutes.

This is what they sold out last summer. All sold out fast:

Date Year Venue City Country Capacity
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Telenor Arena Oslo Norway 22,400
Rock In Rio Lisboa - Parque Bela Vista Lisbon Portugal 90,000
Letzigrund Zurich Switzerland 48,600
Park Hayarkon Tel Aviv Israel 48,200
Pinkpop 2014 Landgraaf The Netherlands 67,000
Waldbuhne Berlin Germany 21,300
Stade de France Paris France 76,500
Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna Austria 57,700
Esprit Arena Dusseldorf Germany 44,200
Circo Massimo Rome Italy 71,500
Estadio Santiago Bernabeu Madrid Spain 54,000
TW CLassic 2014 Werchter (near Leuven/Brussels) Belgium 57,700
Tele2 Arena Stockholm Sweden 37,000
Roskilde Roskilde near Copenhagen Denmark 80,000

Stay alert for any pre-sales, that is my best advice right now.

I then guess these are promo codes -

No. 1 show 22400 etc.... smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Previous page Next page First page IORR home