Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 117
Re: OT; Brian Johnson won't be with AC/DC in Seville next tour, CONFIRMED!
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 15, 2016 21:47

If this is the case,they should cancel.

Date: April 15, 2016 22:39

who is singing then?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 16, 2016 09:11

I don't speak Spanish, but the google traslation, which gave me some sentences that don't make much sence, says something like that the Spanish Live Nation wrote that AC/DC are looking for a new singer. That is far from confirmation IMO. Anyway, tickets for AC/DC WITH Brian still on sale: [www.oeticket.com]

About 3 weeks till the first European gig and we know absolutely nothing. It got really ridiculous quite a while ago. I will be really outraged if they announce a different singer a couple of days before the tour and there won't be the possibility of returning the tickets. I still hope Brian will be there though.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 16, 2016 19:57

Like I mentioned on the other AC/DC thread, I'm sticking my neck out on this one and that Brian told the doc that he is going to finish the tour.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 16, 2016 23:09

Not confirmed at all

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 16, 2016 23:11

This isn't normal. These guys don't let fans down.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 17, 2016 00:07

No official news yet - neither on their homepage or facebook

Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 17, 2016 12:18

For guitar buffs this a wet dream becoming reality.

Second Angus' playing is extraordinary here. He should ditch the current line-up of AC/DC and reform the band with a bunch of guys in their 30/40's.

Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 17, 2016 12:32

AC/DC Confirm Axl Rose Is New Lead Singer, Joining Band on Tour

"We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment," band says in statement.

[www.rollingstone.com]

April 16, 2016

The rumors have been confirmed: Just hours before Guns N' Roses are scheduled to take the stage for their triumphant reunion gig at Coachella, AC/DC formally announced that – before GN'R's Not in This Lifetime Tour kicks off – Axl Rose will first join them as vocalist for the remaining dates of their Rock or Bust trek.

The band continued, "The European stadium tour dates begin on May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark as previously announced. Following this European run of dates with AC/DC, Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N' Roses, 'Not In This Lifetime' Summer Stadium Tour."

Bjornulf

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 17, 2016 13:47

RollingFreak
Just out of curiosity, was Myles brought up randomly? Cause two years ago he played a full AC/DC set with Gov't Mule on New Years Eve and it was friggen awesome! Basically a perfect AC/DC setlist:

[www.setlist.fm]

I tossed out Myles randomly, but seriously. He is a great rock and roll singer and might be (have been) able to pull off singing those AC/DC shows and made people happy. I saw him sing several times with Slash and he nailed it.

Looks like Axl is in.

Wow, who would have made a bet on this 5 years ago?

This whole Axl singing singing for AC/DC and then doing a stadium tour with GnFR reminds of some guys smoking cigarettes as they slosh gasoline into the tank of a truck caring a load of nitro-glycerine. What could possibly go wrong?

Not that Axl has ever gone off the rails or anything...

This is going to be interesting on many levels. For instance, it would be interesting hear what the concert insurance companies are thinking and doing and charging for these gigs.

Posted by: JustinCaseBandDK ()
Date: April 17, 2016 14:28

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 17, 2016 14:41

just maybe it was Brians idea that they get Axl to sing and finish the tour

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 17, 2016 14:58

I really had my doubts about Axl being a good choice for AC/DC but the periscope video from Coachella changed my mind.
Great performance from Angus and really looking forward to seeing the videows and reviews from the first gig at Lisbon May7th.
Also on their website it appears to imply that Brian has gone for good.
I hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 17, 2016 15:00

dcba
For guitar buffs this a wet dream becoming reality.

Second Angus' playing is extraordinary here. He should ditch the current line-up of AC/DC and reform the band with a bunch of guys in their 30/40's.
I hope you're joking. WTF??

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: April 17, 2016 15:09

I prefer Brian a lot, Axl for me doesn't fix well (at least in the video)

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 17, 2016 15:10

Just seen this story but I got a feeling it may not be true. winking smiley

AC/DC

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 17, 2016 15:30

Officially confirmed by [www.acdc.com] :

AC/DC'S ROCK OR BUST WORLD TOUR RESUMES WITH AXL ROSE ON VOCALS

"AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures. As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian's decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment. AC/DC will resume their Rock Or Bust World Tour with Axl Rose joining on vocals. The European stadium tour dates begin on May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark as previously announced (see below for full itinerary). Following this European run of dates with AC/DC, Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N Roses, Not In This Lifetime Summer Stadium Tour. The 10 postponed U.S shows will be rescheduled and announced imminently, also with Axl Rose." - [www.acdc.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-17 16:10 by Irix.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 17, 2016 15:40

Jesus wept that is so sad. Axl Rose is just terrible! Sad days for AC/DC fans!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 17, 2016 16:25

I am so happy that I saw ac-dc last year for the last time! This is another , different band

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: April 17, 2016 16:57

Sad to see Brian put out like that. But Axl did sound good on Whole Lotta Rosie.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 17, 2016 17:24

For the love of God, please have him cover up his nasty toes if he's still in the wheelchair.
Catty, I know, but for real.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 17, 2016 18:19

spsimmons
Sad to see Brian put out like that. But Axl did sound good on Whole Lotta Rosie.

thumbs up

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 17, 2016 19:00

Whole Lotta Angus!

[www.youtube.com]

Riff Raff

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 17, 2016 19:10

It is less than three weeks now until the European tour starts will Axl Rose be performing on stage with AC DC whilst sat in a chair with a broken foot.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 17, 2016 19:25

I have had a broken leg / foot and I could walk around, just the first couple of days sitting more down than standing up. Axl can have a high supporting chair for a rest every now and then, but not necessary sitting down the whole time.

Dave Grohl was "playing the game" / "victim" sitting in the chair during the whole concert. It was more for publicity and getting attention than real necessity. DG is a crying little baby.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 17, 2016 19:33

mtaylor
I have had a broken leg / foot and I could walk around, just the first couple of days sitting more down than standing up. Axl can have a high supporting chair for a rest every now and then, but not necessary sitting down the whole time.

Dave Grohl was "playing the game" / "victim" sitting in the chair during the whole concert. It was more for publicity and getting attention than real necessity. DG is a crying little baby.

Not to defend David Grohl, but I think he broke his femur while Axl broke a toenail.

At any rate, I thought this Axl/DC news was some sort of a a twisted nightmare I was having last night...but now I see it's true.
Sad days for AC/DC fans...the band's legacy will forever be intertwined with Axl Rose.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 17, 2016 20:25

Hairball
mtaylor

Not to defend David Grohl, but I think he broke his femur while Axl broke a toenail.

At any rate, I thought this Axl/DC news was some sort of a a twisted nightmare I was having last night...but now I see it's true.
Sad days for AC/DC fans...the band's legacy will forever be intertwined with Axl Rose.

*I totally agree. Frankly, w/ all his 'issues' I thought his stupid foot was a cover up. Does he think he garnered sympathy by saying
'well that's what happens when I sat on my fat ass watching TV in my house for 20 years doing nothing. First time off the couch, my bones crumbled. Here's a public pic for the insurance companies paid Dr. blah, blah, blah'
Sad. And gross.
Please, all these too old 'rockers' trying to cash in now as an afterthought
makes the rest of us (the RS) who've been WORKING
rant over, I'm in a mood,
thank you Axl for resurrecting 'Salt of the Earth'
but, show some respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-17 20:26 by 35love.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 17, 2016 20:28

spikenyc
Whole Lotta Angus!

[www.youtube.com]

Riff Raff

[www.youtube.com]

Riff Raff sounds fantastic.
AC/DC songs are easier than GNR songs to sing for Axl.
He has got some problems on You Could be Mine, Coma, This I Love and Estranged.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 17, 2016 21:17

Hairball
mtaylor

I'm gonna defend Dave. He had a serious issue that required major surgery & "the throne" was the only way the docs & insurance carriers would let him continue to tour as quick as he did. He's a good guy & didn't want to disappoint his fans. It's not like he needed the money.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 17, 2016 21:21

AC/DC always had integrity. Regardless of what you think of Axl Rose, thats not really my concern. I'm upset with how they are treating Brian, not giving him any chance to speak and seemingly, by the looks of their press release, completely done with him. "Oh, you sung on the best selling album of all time. OK, buh bye." Really not happen with how they are handling that. Especially now that the band is down Phil Rudd, Brian Johnson and Malcolm Young. Angus has really lost a lot of my respect unless something comes out that makes him look better.

The ONE band I really thought would end gracefully. Apparently not. Extremely sad, even when you take out the Axl Rose part, that they are hammering this name into the ground. They have more than enough money and this really divides what was previously a very united fan base.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home