Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 118
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 21, 2016 02:35

shadooby
From Wikipedia:

"Shortly after AC/DC vocalist Bon Scott's death in 1980, Marc was offered to audition for the vacancy in the band, but he turned it down because things were going extremely well at the time for Krokus.[2][3] He also claimed that, besides his feelings of loyalty to his mates, he felt his band was going to continue to get bigger."

Marc Storace and Krokus never stopped and have been going strong for over 35 years.

Krokus Long Stick Goes Boom Live

Krokus Fire Live

Krokus Rock City Live

I'll never forget when Long Stick Goes Boom came out in 1982 I really thought it was another posthumous Bon release from AC/DC like they did the year before with Dirty Deeds. That's what turned me on to Krokus.
Damn...I love '80s rock and metal, but have never really checked Krokus out.

Storace has a GREAT voice. He sounds more like Bon than Brian, but he could pull off both styles. But again, I do NOT want this replacement to happen even if Storace was willing to step in. I'd rather AC/DC retire than kick Brian to the curb at this stage.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 21, 2016 05:58

keefriff99
I'd rather AC/DC retire than kick Brian to the curb at this stage.
Even if Brian gives them his permission, I think at this point it would just be more honorable to retire gracefully. If you lose Brian, you lose the voice of the band, something AC/DC has dealt with before but now its just a bit too much after so many years. In addition to already losing what many considered the "heart" of the band. Malcolm was extremely underrated, and while Angus is a god, I think Mal was usually the one credited with the lyrics, and maybe even the initial riff ideas. Either way, he was hugely important.

Those two losses IMO are two big to move forward without seeming like a cash grab or callous. AC/DC has had an incredible run. Longer than I'm sure many would have ever thought. With no Malcolm and possibly no Brian, its time to hang it up. As I've said all along, I'm all for the US getting their shows made up. Its only 10 and they were in the middle. Those places expected shows imminently. Do something fun for those fans, something unique just to give them something, and bow out. I think that would be very classy and something many bands don't do. Retire with dignity, don't hobble forward on a crutch.

EDIT: I could maybe understand some Europeans being upset by that idea, but even if its 12 shows I just see it as that leg hadn't started yet. Its not that Americans deserve something more than Europeans, but simply that they were in the middle. There's so few left that I think you could work out something unique that isn't EXACTLY AC/DC, but close enough that its a special memory and at least they came back and gave you a show to finish out that leg. To move it to Europe, and essentially do that "unique" thing for a whole leg kind of cheapens the whole thing. I can understand them wanting their show, but it wouldn't be AC/DC anyway and at least its fair to that whole area that no one got shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-21 06:04 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: March 21, 2016 06:16

I love the band but have no wish to see them without Malcolm. Now that Brian is also not there, they should see sense and call it a day! Getting another frontman this late in the day would be pathetic.

Date: March 21, 2016 14:26

shadooby
From Wikipedia:

"Shortly after AC/DC vocalist Bon Scott's death in 1980, Marc was offered to audition for the vacancy in the band, but he turned it down because things were going extremely well at the time for Krokus.[2][3] He also claimed that, besides his feelings of loyalty to his mates, he felt his band was going to continue to get bigger."

Marc Storace and Krokus never stopped and have been going strong for over 35 years.

Krokus Long Stick Goes Boom Live

Krokus Fire Live

Krokus Rock City Live

I'll never forget when Long Stick Goes Boom came out in 1982 I really thought it was another posthumous Bon release from AC/DC like they did the year before with Dirty Deeds. That's what turned me on to Krokus.

dirty deeds was more like taking stuff already released in other countries and rounding it up

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 21, 2016 15:56

Guys, if there's a new singer in the middle of a tour it is very probably because the insurance won't pay for a cancellation.

They have to play because the reason of Brian stopping (hearing loss, being fired...) is not listed in the contract as a covered cause of cancelation.
Angus HAS to play the gigs or pay the promoters for the loss.

Question is : is this the final ACDC tour ?
Given the delay between 2 albums(5 to 8 years since 1990), the fact that Angus is the only composer left and the fact nobody's getting younger, this answer is likely to be positive with or without Brian...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2016 18:37

Rumours abound...

Could Axl Rose Be AC/DC’s New Singer?
By Brett Buchanan -
Mar 21, 2016

Axl

Axl Rose was spotted in Atlanta over the weekend, and according to MSL from GNRTruth, he was there for rehearsals, but not for Guns N’ Roses. While MSL’s tease on GNRTruth doesn’t specify what exactly Rose is rehearsing for, it has led to rampant speculation that the legendary Guns N’ Roses frontman could be one of AC/DC’s guest singers for their upcoming concerts.

AC/DC released the following statement earlier this month: “AC/DC are postponing the remaining dates of their U.S. tour because of lead singer Brian Johnson’s possible hearing loss. The band says in a statement that doctors have advised the ‘Back in Black’ singer to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss. The group’s shows beginning Thursday in Atlanta through April 4 in New York are being rescheduled for later in the year — likely with a guest vocalist. The group’s lone stop in Florida would have been Friday at the BB&T Center in Fort Lauderdale. AC/DC opened the most recent U.S. leg of its ‘Rock or Bust’ tour Feb. 2 in Tacoma, Washington.”

The article continues with more G'N'R news:

"Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose took a photo with a fan outside of Atlanta hotel yesterday, and when the fan wishes him luck at his upcoming reunion shows in Las Vegas and California, Rose had some big news for the fan. Rose said, “Thanks man, but we’re gonna do a whole tour....”

Date: March 21, 2016 18:55

HEE HEE, if there's one thing that ISN'T happening it is THAT! Good reporting stupid @#$%& Alt Nation. They've been reporting false things about the Guns reunion for months now. They can piss off.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 21, 2016 20:25

Doc
Guys, if there's a new singer in the middle of a tour it is very probably because the insurance won't pay for a cancellation.

This!

Doc
Given the delay between 2 albums(5 to 8 years since 1990), the fact that Angus is the only composer left and the fact nobody's getting younger, this answer is likely to be positive with or without Brian...

yea Angus wants to go on. And since he's the boss of the "AC/DC Inc." he will go on... til he drops deaf... I mean dead!

Date: March 21, 2016 20:58

dcba
Doc

yea Angus wants to go on. And since he's the boss of the "AC/DC Inc." he will go on... til he drops deaf... I mean dead!
There's no confirmation on this aside from Jim Breuer's highly questionable comments on the matter.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 24, 2016 10:55

Axl Rose? eye popping smiley

Axl Rose reportedly set to replace Brian Johnson as AC/DC frontman for rest of band's tour
Read more at [www.nme.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 11:05 by Deltics.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 24, 2016 11:01

Never seen AC/DC live and was hoping to see a gig in Europe this summer.

After thinking about it, seeing them without Brian will not be the same and will just watch the videos, when.............and if ,they get back on the road.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:48

Date: March 24, 2016 16:49

Can any of these Axl Rose reporters claim a source BESIDES that he was in Atlanta? I can't for a second believe HE'S the new guest singer.

Date: March 24, 2016 16:55

Deltics

Axl Rose reportedly set to replace Brian Johnson as AC/DC frontman for rest of band's tour

I posted a similar link from Alt.Nation a few days ago, but that reported Axl could be ONE of the replacements at one of the shows.
Now NME says he more than likely will be a replacement for ALL of the shows!

As I mentioned in the G'N'R thread, Axl wouldn't be my choice - not even top 20 or 30 choices, but the idea sounds plausible.

G'N'R/AC/DC....AC/DC/G'N'R'...neither don't really roll off the tongue very well.
Maybe DC Guns....or AC Guns...or....AXL/DC...or AC/ROSE...AC/AXL...or....

cool smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:15

Hairball
Deltics

I posted a similar link from Alt.Nation a few days ago, but that reported Axl could be ONE of the replacements at one of the shows.
Now NME says he more than likely will be a replacement for ALL of the shows!

As I mentioned in the G'N'R thread, Axl wouldn't be my choice - not even top 20 or 30 choices, but the idea sounds plausible.

G'N'R/AC/DC....AC/DC/G'N'R'...neither don't really roll off the tongue very well.
Maybe DC Guns....or AC Guns...or....AXL/DC...or AC/ROSE...AC/AXL...or....

cool smiley

Brilliant! I would definitely go with AXL/DC...that is hilarious!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:16

Rose's vocal range is perfectly suited to a song like "Back In Black"!

Date: March 24, 2016 18:50

Given Angus' callous treatment of Brian Johnson and Axl's well-known personality issues, I think the more appropriate name for this musical abortion would be:

A$SHOLE/DC

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 24, 2016 19:07

The Axl rose thing is truly hard to believe on so many levels, it's hard to even begin....

Date: March 24, 2016 19:21

mnewman505
The Axl rose thing is truly hard to believe on so many levels, it's hard to even begin....
No kidding...this is truly bizarre. I refuse to even entertain the rumors until it's been confirmed or not.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 24, 2016 19:40

keefriff99
mnewman505
No kidding...this is truly bizarre. I refuse to even entertain the rumors until it's been confirmed or not.
I'm with y'all. Waiting for tomorrow's rumor that they're going to use a hologram of Bon seems about as plausible as the possibility of Axl's involvement. eye rolling smiley

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2016 00:09

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 25, 2016 07:55

I want a robot to serve my coffee.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: March 25, 2016 09:51

I dont think Axl Rose is a good fit for AC/DC

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 25, 2016 10:29

Axl will never replace Brian.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 25, 2016 10:32

It's just all media cashing on that one line when somebedy wrote that Axl was spotted in Atlanta and started to speculate. All others just recycle this BS. But they have stuff to fill pages with, right? eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 08:23 by Happy24.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 25, 2016 12:36

Malcolm Young's son reportedly confirms that Axl Rose is joining AC/DC

Reports suggest that Guns N' Roses singer will replace Brian Johnson as AC/DC frontman for rest of band's tour

The son of AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young seems to have confirmed recent reports that Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose is set to fill in for Brian Johnson as the band's frontman for the rest of the hard rock outfit's tour.

The Australian group recently rescheduled a handful of US live dates after singer Johnson was advised by doctors to "stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss". The group issued a statement on their official website confirming that the remaining dates of their US tour will be "made up later in the year, likely with a guest vocalist".

Reports recently suggested that Rose was set to team up with AC/DC for the remainder of their tour, with Alternative Nation reporting that Ross Young, the son of Malcolm Young who retired from the group in 2014 due to dementia, has claimed the rumours to be correct. Ross allegedly posted a link to online reports to Facebook and in comments wrote: "It's true" and "He can and he will". He later deleted the posts.

The band's press representative previously replied to NME's request for a comment, saying: "Nothing official to announce. Will update you if that changes."

NME has also approached a press representative of Guns N' Roses for a response to the reports.

Date: March 25, 2016 23:53

could the wiley axl rose actually be engineering a reverse takeover of ac/dc? are his plans to replace angus with slash, and izzy take over malcolm's old spot?

Date: March 26, 2016 00:07

And of course some new tunes and lyrics might result in the Axl Rose takeover:

"For those about to rock welcome to the jungle..."

"Take me down to paradise city on the highway to hell..."

eye rolling smiley

Date: March 26, 2016 00:13

Hairball
And of course some new tunes and lyrics might result in the Axl Rose takeover:

"For those about to rock welcome to the jungle..."

"Take me down to paradise city on the highway to hell..."

eye rolling smiley

Whole Lotta November Rain

Back in Chaps

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 26, 2016 00:19

Hey back in the day Guns used to do a killer version of Whole Lotta Rosie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 118

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home