Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Date: March 9, 2016 11:18

me and my friends are just pissed. stubhub seems to be refusing our wishes for a refund despite ac/dc saying you can get a refund at the place of purchase. even after being directed to ac/dc statement stubhub says the rules are refunds only for cancelations. they do not refund for lineup changes or rescheduled dates. unbelieveable. I wouldn't have paid that amount of money for a ticket to see angus and cliff with some other guys. it was already sorta stretching it when brian was there

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2016 15:02

"Tomorrow's show in Atlanta through Madison Square Garden in New York, NY in early April will be made up later in the year, likely with a guest vocalist"

[www.acdc.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2016 15:50

If they are already now planning a guest vocalist - what does this mean for the european Tour dates from 7th May to 12th June 2016 ?

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 9, 2016 16:41

sad to hear, Get well soon Brian!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-09 16:59 by jambay.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 9, 2016 18:18

What I don't understand - he already uses in-ear monitoring. So turning it down a bit and using plugs with higher damping could easily fix the problem, couldn't it?
Roger Daltrey does the same and he does fine with it.
No reason to stop IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-09 18:19 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 9, 2016 18:41

The dude who sang 'Balls to the Wall' from the German metal band Accept - Udo Dirkschneider.
I remember thinking back when it was released c.'83 that it sounded a bit AC/DC-ish.
Might be a good replacement....

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 9, 2016 19:42

Irix
If they are already now planning a guest vocalist - what does this mean for the european Tour dates from 7th May to 12th June 2016 ?

Yes some news about this would be good.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: March 9, 2016 20:22

Replacement! That's ridiculous and a rip off!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 9, 2016 20:24

Guest vocalist..... are they f*cking joking .It's too late in the game and a disgrace IMHO . If Brian is out they should call it a day.

sc uk

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 9, 2016 20:30

StonedRambler
What I don't understand - he already uses in-ear monitoring. So turning it down a bit and using plugs with higher damping could easily fix the problem, couldn't it?
Roger Daltrey does the same and he does fine with it.
No reason to stop IMHO.

You cannot undo the damage.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 9, 2016 20:49

Stones50

What rip off? Anyone can return their tickets for the US shows and I am sure it will be the same if Brian doesn't recover for the European shows. They probably wouldn't plan any tour without Brian, but now when all the shows are pretty much sold out, I think it is fair to do them the best way they can and let people decide whether they really want to go or not. Nobody gets ripped off. Okay, except of those who bought their tickets from scalpers. But the band can not be really held responsible for that.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 9, 2016 21:15

Dave Evans, any news about him as replacement?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 9, 2016 21:16

Dave Evans, the very first singer, is promoting himself as next lead singer of ac-dc

Date: March 9, 2016 21:17

andrea66
Dave Evans, the very first singer, is promoting himself as next lead singer of ac-dc

Does not sound like a good replacement

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 9, 2016 21:22

I remember when Bon died, there was talk of Marc Storace being recruited.

Date: March 9, 2016 21:37

They should get the guy from Airbourne : can you imagine a hardcore AC/DC fan being asked to join his fav band, he'll do the remaining 21 shows for free! >grinning smiley<

Date: March 9, 2016 21:49

Steven Tyler

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 9, 2016 22:23

THE AGE --- 10 March 2016

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: March 9, 2016 22:35

I have tickets for the upcoming EU tour.
I would also go to see Angus with a guest vocalist. Still special.
Some of you sound like they are doing something wrong when they continue.... The music stays fantastic, even when instrumental.

Date: March 9, 2016 22:54

Happy24
Stones50

What rip off? Anyone can return their tickets for the US shows and I am sure it will be the same if Brian doesn't recover for the European shows. They probably wouldn't plan any tour without Brian, but now when all the shows are pretty much sold out, I think it is fair to do them the best way they can and let people decide whether they really want to go or not. Nobody gets ripped off. Okay, except of those who bought their tickets from scalpers. But the band can not be really held responsible for that.

not true, read my post. stubhub is pretty much forcing me and my friends to keep our tickets

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 9, 2016 22:56

keefriffhard4life
Happy24
Stones50

not true, read my post. stubhub is pretty much forcing me and my friends to keep our tickets

Don´t buy at re-sellers.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 9, 2016 23:35

All this latest OT news and more about AC/DC makes me like THE ROLLING STONES more.
I think THE ROLLING STONES still sell much more tickets and right so.

The cancelled 10 AC/DC shows were not sold out at all and it was "only" 10 to 15.000 seaters and MSGarden.

Par example: I would pay 250 euro to see THE ROLLING STONES at Ziggo Dome Amsterdam in december 2016, but not more than say 50 euro for AC/DC with Brian Johnston at "The Heineken Hall".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2016 02:06

Klaus Meine anyone?

Date: March 10, 2016 06:38

TooTough
keefriffhard4life
Happy24
Stones50

Don´t buy at re-sellers.

what would you like me to do? tickets for DC show sold out faster than any rolling stones show I've ever gotten tickets for. tickets went on sale at 10am and by 10:07am ticketmaster said they were gone.

with that said I got notified by stubhub not that long ago that all tickets to these ac/dc shows have been canceled and everyone will get a refund. great for me but shocked they did this

Date: March 10, 2016 08:24

Dave Evans? He will surely contribute to the gutar sound of the band and AC/DC will never sound the same winking smiley : [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2016 08:40

Happy24
Dave Evans? He will surely contribute to the gutar sound of the band and AC/DC will never sound the same winking smiley : [en.wikipedia.org]

maybe bono could do a guest spot on vox?

Date: March 10, 2016 11:12

RipThisBone

The cancelled 10 AC/DC shows were not sold out at all and it was "only" 10 to 15.000 seaters and MSGarden.

It's not 10 gigs but 21. After the US arena tour they were planning to storm Europe again. So all in all it's twenty-one gigs that are at stake (=$$$$$$$$$)

Date: March 10, 2016 11:22

keefriffhard4life
Happy24
Stones50

Please read my post first. The whole post winking smiley

Date: March 10, 2016 11:24

Happy24
keefriffhard4life
Happy24
Stones50

I did but stubhub isn't scalpers and not even 10 minutes after tickets were on sale ticketmaster was sold out.

anyways brian isn't coming back. if he was stubhub wouldn't have went against their own policy and refunded everyones tickets

Date: March 10, 2016 12:17

keefriffhard4life
Happy24
keefriffhard4life
Happy24
Stones50

I did but stubhub isn't scalpers and not even 10 minutes after tickets were on sale ticketmaster was sold out.

anyways brian isn't coming back. if he was stubhub wouldn't have went against their own policy and refunded everyones tickets

Well, I think we should agree, that the band can not be held responsible for the way stubhub works or behaves in this particular case. But of course, the fact that you are not able to get refund sucks and I wish you good luck so that you would be able to sort it out. I have never seen AC/DC and have a ticket for one of the European shows. I am still not sure what will I do if I have to decide either to keep the ticket or return it. I would love to see Angus at least once, but it is true, that the price is ridiculous for an "Angus and Friends" show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home