Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Date: March 10, 2016 12:35

Happy24
keefriffhard4life
Happy24
keefriffhard4life
Happy24
Stones50
Replacement! That's ridiculous and a rip off!

What rip off? Anyone can return their tickets for the US shows and I am sure it will be the same if Brian doesn't recover for the European shows. They probably wouldn't plan any tour without Brian, but now when all the shows are pretty much sold out, I think it is fair to do them the best way they can and let people decide whether they really want to go or not. Nobody gets ripped off. Okay, except of those who bought their tickets from scalpers. But the band can not be really held responsible for that.

not true, read my post. stubhub is pretty much forcing me and my friends to keep our tickets

Please read my post first. The whole post winking smiley

I did but stubhub isn't scalpers and not even 10 minutes after tickets were on sale ticketmaster was sold out.

anyways brian isn't coming back. if he was stubhub wouldn't have went against their own policy and refunded everyones tickets

Well, I think we should agree, that the band can not be held responsible for the way stubhub works or behaves in this particular case. But of course, the fact that you are not able to get refund sucks and I wish you good luck so that you would be able to sort it out. I have never seen AC/DC and have a ticket for one of the European shows. I am still not sure what will I do if I have to decide either to keep the ticket or return it. I would love to see Angus at least once, but it is true, that the price is ridiculous for an "Angus and Friends" show.

no me and my friend DID get refunds. stubhub announced they were refunding everyone who purchased a ticket to the postponed ac/dc shows yesterday. that is against their policy though so imo that means stubhub has some info from the band the general public does not to break their own policy

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 10, 2016 15:23

Replacing Brian isn't nearly as easy as it seems.

There are a lot of rock'n'roll screamers out there, but Brian's blue-collar everyman image is important to AC/DC.

A flamboyant guy like Steven Tyler wouldn't fly AT ALL with that band, good voice fit or not. AC/DC wants jeans/t-shirt/workboots kinds of guys. Angus's schooboy outfit is the only shtick the band has employed for decades. For the rest of them, if you passed any of them on the street, you'd never know it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 10, 2016 15:35

keefriff99

There are a lot of rock'n'roll screamers out there, but Brian's blue-collar everyman image is important to AC/DC.

You sure? At 130$ a ticket for their recent tour of arenas the blue-collar image is in the rearview mirror, no?

Date: March 10, 2016 15:37

dcba
keefriff99

You sure? At 130$ a ticket for their recent tour of arenas the blue-collar image is in the rearview mirror, no?
IMAGE, not reality. They're all richer than god, but I've never seen any of them dressed in anything other than jeans and t-shirts or workshirts. They're the plainest-dressing rock stars I've ever seen.

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: March 10, 2016 17:40

Just logged on so I don't know if anybody suggested these two choices for guest vocals...how about Chris Cornell or even more interesting Joan Jett.

Joan is supporting The Who. I was told that she was great at the Garden.

I had tickets for the Garden but I rather have Brian take a break and get well. He has to stop driving those race cars!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 10, 2016 18:17

keefriff99
This. I saw a great interview with Brian a few years back on That Metal Show where he said he's one of the luckiest people in the music business in that he rarely gets recognized in public yet he's the front man for one of the most successful stadium rock bands of all time. Steven Tyler is completely different, he's a showman.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 10, 2016 18:28

This band is literally crumbling before our eyes...and ears.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 10, 2016 19:37

This thread is quite bizarre, in my humble opinion.

Our thoughts should be with Brian and his health.
Instead some seem so eager to replace him with a "guest vocalist"
confused smiley

It's such a sad situation.
I hate to draw the comparison, but if our heroes went out on tour without MJ and RW, would you still want to go? Would you even agree with the logic to carry on?

Date: March 10, 2016 19:46

Kurt
This thread is quite bizarre, in my humble opinion.

confused smiley

It's such a sad situation.
I hate to draw the comparison, but if our heroes went out on tour without MJ and RW, would you still want to go? Would you even agree with the logic to carry on?
Of course...that was my point earlier about the Stones, and OF COURSE I feel terrible for Brian. He seems like such a top guy, so jovial and full of energy. This is just awful.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 10, 2016 19:55

Kurt

confused smiley

You're right - but the idea with the "guest vocalist" comes from AC/DC personally: [www.acdc.com] .

Furthermore, it seems they are planning the "guest vocalist" already now for later in the year ....

Date: March 10, 2016 21:31

And one day the "replaced" parts (Chris Slade Stevie Young and the new singer) of AC/DC will find someone to replace Angus... >grinning smiley<

At that point AC/DC will ahve invented the perpetual motion in rock.

Date: March 10, 2016 21:37

For the folks that say that it's disrespectful contemplating a " guest singer" to finish the tour have to remember that it was the band that put that out!

Of course we all want Brian Johnson to be well. Really,... are we questioning that?

I bet Brian suggested the "Guest vocal" solution.

and ...I bet that when Brian is ready, he will get back in the drivers seat so to speak.

So, if the Band wants to finish this tour... Who will sing? It is very intriguing question and it shows that ACDC refuses to die.

Date: March 10, 2016 23:13

How about Barry Manilow, then?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 10, 2016 23:56

AC/DC should have stopped when Malcolm could not play anymore.

But HEY ROCK or BUST !!!

So glad I saw Angus and Malcolm play ROCK ME BABY LIVE with THE ROLLING STONES in Oberhausen 2003!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 11, 2016 01:16

RipThisBone
So glad I saw Angus and Malcolm play ROCK ME BABY LIVE with THE ROLLING STONES in Oberhausen 2003!

Saw them too...

Date: March 11, 2016 01:35

MAF
RipThisBone

Saw them too...
Toronto 2003 for me.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 11, 2016 01:42

I thank God on my knees that I got to see them in Belgrade '09; FOS ticket costed only 5500 dinars (60 euros back then), but as I always say, that's eastern Europe for ya!

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: March 11, 2016 03:32

bassaleman

I had tickets for the Garden but I rather have Brian take a break and get well. He has to stop driving those race cars!

Brian does not have a cold or a sore throat. He has, apparently, damaged his hearing to the extent that he risks losing it altogether. He may be able to record with the band, but I cannot imagine how he could perform live knowing the likely consequences.

Date: March 11, 2016 06:20

TheBadRabbit
bassaleman

Brian does not have a cold or a sore throat. He has, apparently, damaged his hearing to the extent that he risks losing it altogether. He may be able to record with the band, but I cannot imagine how he could perform live knowing the likely consequences.

exactly. hearing loss doesn't come back with time. its done.

Date: March 11, 2016 06:55

keefriffhard4life
TheBadRabbit
bassaleman

exactly. hearing loss doesn't come back with time. its done.

Guys, I understand that his hearing is permanently altered. All I was suggesting in saying I hope he gets well is just that. I'm sure he must have been in some discomfort leading to him having his condition checked out.

Having said that, if Brian retires... we wish him well. If he desires to perform and there is a way to do so,he will. I honestly don't see him stop driving. Who knows? only he does.

By the way Pete Townshend almost retired around the early 90ies due to hearing loss. He had explored medical interventions and uses an in-ear monitor. As a result, he has never stopped and just played a great show at the Garden in December.

Anything is possible....

Date: March 11, 2016 12:19

A nice pdf. to understand why Brian's deaf :
[www.audiotechnology.com.au]

Yep the wall of Marshall amps onstage are real and plugged in... smoking smiley

Posted by: martin0113 ()
Date: March 11, 2016 16:42

Only ONE man to replace Brian and that's Marc Storace the Maltese singer from Krokus

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: martin0113 ()
Date: March 11, 2016 16:47

Marc Storace

Date: March 11, 2016 17:35

Joel O'Keeffe :
he's a showman, he knows the songs, he can handle a crowd of 50000+ people, he'll re-energize the band, and he'll do the right thing in interviews "I have nothing but respect for Brian and I wish him a speedy recovery!".

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 11, 2016 18:38

I really feel they should retire. At this point it would feel like a glorified tribute act, even if it was with the best intentions. Some bands just can't survive certain things and this seems like one.

Where I get torn is the remaining dates. I do think, for the fans, it would be nice if they got a replacement and finished up those 10 North American dates. Not cause I think the US deserves anything more than others, but because they were in the middle and they were so close to finishing. 10 shows. Give those 10 cities something special so they don't feel completely ripped off.

But then past that, I don't know. I know Europe is scheduled and its only 12 more shows, but it just seems to me like why start another leg WITHOUT Brian. Finishing up this one seems like a nice move, and its made unique by the fact that these people are getting something no one else will be. To continue into Europe, IMO of course, I just feel they should all be canceled. I don't know. Something like Steven Tyler doing 10 shows to replace Brian would be a great unique experience for those that expected something this week that then got postponed. It would lose its specialness if they continued it into Europe. Not because I think Europe deserves less, but just cause it hadn't started yet so there's nothing some got that others didn't and there's ample time to just cancel those with a refund.

Date: March 11, 2016 19:03

I've already voiced my opinion in this thread above.
Here I'm only the messenger...

Pelle Almquist of THE HIVES wants the job:

Pelle Almquist asks to Front AC/DC

Date: March 11, 2016 19:11

Is this thread still going?

Nobody wants to pay current AC/DC prices to see anyone other than Brian Johnson, seriously. With Brian, Malcolm, and Phil out of the lineup this is basically a tribute band. If Angus wants to tour solo playing smaller venues with a solid Brian soundalike i'd fine with that sorta like what Slash does when he tours by himself. I'd definitely pay money to see Angus play AC/DC and blues songs with a solo band but I wouldn't pay $150 to see said act in a giant stadium like I did last summer.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-11 19:28 by mnewman505.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 11, 2016 19:14

OK that does it.

Call Lady Gaga............

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 11, 2016 19:26

mnewman505
Is this thread still going?

Nobody wants to pay current AC/DC prices to see anyone other than Brian Johnson, seriously. With Brian, Angus, and Phil out of the lineup this is basically a tribute band. If Malcom wants to tour solo playing smaller venues with a solid Brian soundalike i'd fine with that sorta like what Slash does when he tours by himself. I'd definitely pay money to see Malcom play AC/DC and blues songs with a solo band but I wouldn't pay $150 to see said act in a giant stadium like I did last summer.

Angus. Angus tour solo. I don't think Malcolm will be doing any touring ever again unfortunately.

Date: March 11, 2016 19:28

RollingFreak
Angus. Angus tour solo. I don't think Malcolm will be doing any touring ever again unfortunately.
Sorry, got my brothers mixed up. Corrected

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home