Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 8, 2016 02:10

AC/DC To Reschedule Upcoming U.S. Tour Dates

Singer Brian Johnson Advised by Doctors to Discontinue Touring

AC/DC are forced to reschedule the 10 upcoming dates on the U.S. leg of their “Rock or Bust” World Tour. AC/DC’s lead singer, Brian Johnson, has been advised by doctors to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss.

Tomorrow's show in Atlanta through Madison Square Garden in New York, NY in early April will be made up later in the year, likely with a guest vocalist. More information regarding these rescheduled shows to come. Current ticket holders can hold on to their tickets for the rescheduled dates or receive a refund at point of purchase.

DATES TO BE RESCHEDULED

March 8 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena

March 11 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center

March 14 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum

March 17 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center

March 20 - Detroit, MI - The Palace

March 23 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

March 26 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena

March 29 - Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center

April 1 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

April 4 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

[www.acdc.com]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 02:15

uhh, this sounds bad. so no more concerts with brian johnson? shit....good I catched them last year...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 8, 2016 02:16

Pretty normal as the band likes to have onstage the same volume as what comes out of the PA, which is about 115-120 dB's.
Brian's been very lucky to encounter problems at his age.

There was a bunch of 2016 US shows posted at Dime and ALL the tapes/postes have commented on the insane sound level the band plays. Maybe for their last huraah they've cranked up the PA even more than usual?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 8, 2016 08:20

Maybe Mick can stand in for Brian.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 8, 2016 09:58

No news about what's going to happen on the European tour.
If they have to replace Brian Johnson they should offer the option of a refund.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 11:02

Erin Lucas, Cliff Williams daughter on Instagram sad smiley

Shocked, speechless and so so sad. I can't imagine how difficult this decision must have been for him. AC/DC won't be the same without you, Brian.

[www.instagram.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 8, 2016 11:15

Maybe a terrible thing to say, but I hope this is some kind of publicity stunt. Maybe he'll return later on. Hope so, I like him.

Date: March 8, 2016 11:16

Very sad..

But bands like the Who has overcome this. I'm crossing my fingers Brian will find a way, too.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: March 8, 2016 11:21

frankotero
Maybe a terrible thing to say, but I hope this is some kind of publicity stunt. Maybe he'll return later on. Hope so, I like him.

Yes, that was terrible, if I was him I wouldn´t go near a guitar amp again.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 8, 2016 12:00

frankotero

Publicity stunt for what? The already sold out shows?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 8, 2016 12:24

Svartmer

Yes, that was terrible, if I was him I wouldn´t go near a guitar amp again.

A 100W Marshall amp at full throttle?
Man that's like a 2W toy radio to Brian! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-08 16:59 by dcba.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2016 12:30

frankotero

I don't think it's a publicity stunt - hopefully only a temporary hearing loss due to too much stress ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-08 12:35 by Irix.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: March 8, 2016 13:49

DandelionPowderman
Very sad..

But bands like the Who has overcome this. I'm crossing my fingers Brian will find a way, too.

The Who could never overcome the loss of Roger Daltrey

Date: March 8, 2016 15:08

Did the hardcore fans of AC/DC noticed a difference in Brian's voice/scream/vocals/timing this Tour? Did his hearingproblems influence his performance?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 15:17

RipThisBone
Did the hardcore fans of AC/DC noticed a difference in Brian's voice/scream/vocals/timing this Tour? Did his hearingproblems influence his performance?
I saw them last August, and Brian was spot-on. He was his usual jovial, boisterous and energetic self and was in very good voice. This is footage I filmed at the end of the show:

[www.youtube.com]

I'm gutted by this news. The Stones and AC/DC are my #1/#2. After everything AC/DC has been through the last few years, it's time to pack it in. No Malcolm, no Phil, no Brian...it's just not worth going forward at this point. Angus has nothing left to prove to anyone.

Date: March 8, 2016 15:22

Valeswood
DandelionPowderman
Very sad..

The Who could never overcome the loss of Roger Daltrey

I meant hearing loss smiling smiley

Date: March 8, 2016 15:38

keefriff99
RipThisBone
I saw them last August, and Brian was spot-on. He was his usual jovial, boisterous and energetic self and was in very good voice. This is footage I filmed at the end of the show:

[www.youtube.com]

I'm gutted by this news. The Stones and AC/DC are my #1/#2. After everything AC/DC has been through the last few years, it's time to pack it in. No Malcolm, no Phil, no Brian...it's just not worth going forward at this point. Angus has nothing left to prove to anyone.

Thank you. I also can't see AC/DC with another singer at this point. It's hard, but this is just too much.

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 16:17

Their website said refunds at point of purchase or hold on to tickets

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 8, 2016 16:29

keefriff99
I hate to say it, but Chris Slade has NOT lived up to expectations.

When he joined the band in 1990 for The Razor's Edge album, he brought an insane level of power and almost-metal speed to their sound, even if he never got Phil's pocket groove down. They at the least sounded energized and exciting on the Razror's Edge tour, which had been lacking with Simon Wright on drums.

But now? Well, he's 69, so the break-neck tempos he used to play aren't there, and the lack of a Phil Rudd groove is painfully obvious.

I mean, they sound FINE, but if you're a big AC/DC fan like me and over-analyze their sound, then the limitations of his playing are painfully obvious.

Chris Slade sucks. There are so many better drummers they could've used.

Posted by: JustinCaseBandDK ()
Date: March 8, 2016 16:37

Tacoma Dome 2/2-16, Brian sounds out of tune I think (too)
[www.youtube.com]

Big T

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 8, 2016 16:45

keefriff99
RipThisBone

[www.youtube.com]

I agree. Their hand has been forced. I really thought BLACK ICE was it. Yet they decided to do another one and got the notice with Malcolm (and then Phil Rudd being a prick). Yet they carried on. Well... unfortunately it's just time to stop.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 8, 2016 16:57

I wonder, can't they all just switch to in-ear monitors and not use any Marshalls and PAs directly on stage? That would probably help Brian... And btw, he messed up his hearing while car racing without earplugs.

During an appearance on "The Howard Stern Show" last year, Johnson denied that his hearing loss was a result of playing with his bandmates. He said: "I've got hearing loss in my left ear. [But] I didn't get it from music. I got it from sitting in a racecar for too long without earplugs.

"I heard my eardrum burst because I forgot to put my plugs in under my helmet. That's how it happened.

"Music had nothing to do with it ... I was dizzy, my middle ear had gone, and I took my helmet off and there was blood coming out and I'd burst my eardrum."

Read more at [www.blabbermouth.net]

Date: March 8, 2016 17:16

wickerman
I wonder, can't they all just switch to in-ear monitors and not use any Marshalls and PAs directly on stage? That would probably help Brian... And btw, he messed up his hearing while car racing without earplugs.

During an appearance on "The Howard Stern Show" last year, Johnson denied that his hearing loss was a result of playing with his bandmates. He said: "I've got hearing loss in my left ear. [But] I didn't get it from music. I got it from sitting in a racecar for too long without earplugs.

"I heard my eardrum burst because I forgot to put my plugs in under my helmet. That's how it happened.

"Music had nothing to do with it ... I was dizzy, my middle ear had gone, and I took my helmet off and there was blood coming out and I'd burst my eardrum."

Read more at [www.blabbermouth.net]
At some point, the damage is so severe that it can't be managed any longer.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 8, 2016 17:47

Really sad news.

When I told a friend, he said he thinks he has hearing damage from the Ford Field show last fall. Brutally loud.

Wear your earplugs, kids.

Date: March 8, 2016 18:00

oh of course i was suppose to see them next week live for the first time ever

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 8, 2016 18:14

keefriffhard4life
That really does suck. Cause they are so unbelievably good I've always said everyone should get a chance to see them once. And I don't say that to rub it in your face. I'm just saying its really sad for those that were banking on it this time. They had such good luck for a such a long time with a stable lineup and worldwide touring and its all just coming crashing down in such a sad way. Phil Rudd and his killing, Malcolm Young and his dementia! Now Brian not being able to hear. They've done a decent job patching the whole thing up with Slade and Stevie at least not being new face replacements, but I don't know if you can replace Brian.

Which sounds silly, cause people said the same thing about Bon, but this is different. They are in their 60s. They are no longer trying to "prove something". They are simply AC/DC. You know what you're getting and you want it done by at least Angus and Brian. Cliff still soldiering on as well. Personally, I hope the "guest singer" thing is being blown out of proportion and they are just saying that for the rest of the US tour. I do not think they should continue touring with a new singer. Clearly the band is falling apart and we shouldn't prop it up like it isn't. Let it go gracefully, and just admit you had a phenomenal run.

Also, no judgement of course keefriffhard4life, but any reason you never got around to seeing them till now? Just a timing issue, didn't get into them till recently? I understand how some didn't see them till the Black Ice tour, but between the indoor arena Black Ice leg, the outdoor stadium Black Ice leg, and the outdoor stadium Rock Or Bust leg they've hardly been hiding. I'm just always curious what made people wait.

Date: March 8, 2016 18:15

Kurt
Really sad news.

When I told a friend, he said he thinks he has hearing damage from the Ford Field show last fall. Brutally loud.

Honestly, I saw them at Foxboro Stadium last August without ear protection, and didn't think they were THAT loud. Whether that means my ears are already screwed or not, I don't know. I know outdoor stadium shows aren't as loud, but I was surprised how reasonable the volume was.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 8, 2016 18:20

keefriff99
Kurt
Really sad news.

Honestly, I saw them at Foxboro Stadium last August without ear protection, and didn't think they were THAT loud. Whether that means my ears are already screwed or not, I don't know. I know outdoor stadium shows aren't as loud, but I was surprised how reasonable the volume was.
I saw them indoors on the Black Ice tour and outdoors. Indoors at Madison Square Garden, it was probably the loudest concert I've ever been to. Maybe an exaggeration, but I remember thinking in the moment "holy crap, that is quite a wall of sound being thrown at me." You couldn't escape it. Outdoors at Giants Stadium, it was much more... I don't wanna say tolerable cause its not like MSG was bad. But yeah, it was just a totally different thing. Still loud, but not to deafening volumes. Whether thats just cause it was outdoors or I was further away or I'm sure my ears have gotten worse over the years.

Date: March 8, 2016 18:25

RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life
That really does suck. Cause they are so unbelievably good I've always said everyone should get a chance to see them once. And I don't say that to rub it in your face. I'm just saying its really sad for those that were banking on it this time. They had such good luck for a such a long time with a stable lineup and worldwide touring and its all just coming crashing down in such a sad way. Phil Rudd and his killing, Malcolm Young and his dementia! Now Brian not being able to hear. They've done a decent job patching the whole thing up with Slade and Stevie at least not being new face replacements, but I don't know if you can replace Brian.

Which sounds silly, cause people said the same thing about Bon, but this is different. They are in their 60s. They are no longer trying to "prove something". They are simply AC/DC. You know what you're getting and you want it done by at least Angus and Brian. Cliff still soldiering on as well. Personally, I hope the "guest singer" thing is being blown out of proportion and they are just saying that for the rest of the US tour. I do not think they should continue touring with a new singer. Clearly the band is falling apart and we shouldn't prop it up like it isn't. Let it go gracefully, and just admit you had a phenomenal run.

Also, no judgement of course keefriffhard4life, but any reason you never got around to seeing them till now? Just a timing issue, didn't get into them till recently? I understand how some didn't see them till the Black Ice tour, but between the indoor arena Black Ice leg, the outdoor stadium Black Ice leg, and the outdoor stadium Rock Or Bust leg they've hardly been hiding. I'm just always curious what made people wait.

a timing issue. i just turned 34. the last 2 times they toured and came close enough to me it was days where i had a birthday/wedding that were can't miss things.

what upsets me the most is i skipped a concert of another band i wanted to see because i needed to pay for this ticket and now we might get refunds if brian doesn't come back so i could have gone to see slayer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 8, 2016 18:31

edit - Nevermind, I see wickerman posted the exact same info. above.

> [www.blabbermouth.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-08 18:35 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home