Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
your biggest stones moment
Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: April 6, 2014 21:51

several clubgigs and more than 50 gigs
meet them all [except brian]
autographs of all including 1964 [brian]

Re: your biggest stones moment
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 6, 2014 22:11

Seeing them at MSG, NYC in 1975

Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: April 6, 2014 22:12

Saw them in London 2012, the second gig!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 6, 2014 22:40

Seeing Mick Taylor live with them, however short it was. I never ever thought I'd ever see that, especially after nearly 40 years (barring one isolated incident) of it never happening.

Posted by: stein ()
Date: April 6, 2014 22:41

Before show In Toronto 2002, talked and took foto with Mick and met Keith and Ronnie

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:09

Meeting Mick twice, many years apart, both incredible experiences. Rocked my world for good!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:15

Seeing them walk out on stage at the Albert Hall, and knowing that, unbelievably, I was in the same room as the Rolling Stones. smiling smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:18

Olympiahalle, 2003, Love in vain.
Listening to Live'r on vinyl for the first time.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:22

Met Bill Wyman in 1991 but my best moment was Hyde park last year

Nate

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 01:31

wembley 1999 secnd gig. Me and my son stood closest to the little stage, 2 meters between us and keef.smiling smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 7, 2014 01:35

Seeing the JJF promo on TV.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 7, 2014 01:36

....Lucy my great grandmother once showed me the kidney-stones she'd had removed ...That's pretty tuff stuff when ya only a kid...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 7, 2014 01:45

Reading thru iorrian His Majesty's massive Stones archive.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 7, 2014 01:50

seeing them for the 1st time on the Voodoo Lounge Tour in Brisbane Australia.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 7, 2014 09:51

the most anxious moment was on November 25th 2012 when they came back on the arena stage for the first time after 5 years and some weeks were they had ended the ABB Tour in 2007.

All the questions whether they would be capable to do a show, whether they could still play for 2 hours etc etc. All these questions vanished by the roar of their stage presence.

This was one of the biggest Stones moments without any doubt and tought the naysayers and critics that there is only one Rock and Roll Band who remained the same :-)

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 7, 2014 09:57

It's still ahead of me.

Date: April 7, 2014 09:59

I've got so great moments with those guys. Couldn't tell which one was the best, but with no doubt all the concerts i've seen in New York and the recent rehearsal gig in Bondy are in my top ten

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 10:16

Shattered grabbed me on the radio and made me an instant fan. But when they came out on stage the first time I saw them live, I completely had the same reaction Peter O'Toole had below—making it my biggest Stones moment—as related by Bill Wyman:

BILL WYMAN: "Once in Los Angeles, I invited Peter O'Toole to come to one of our shows and he was absolutely astounded. He said he'd never seen or experienced any energy or any moment in his life that he'd felt at that concert. He said it was like the entry of the gladiators. I had to ask him, `But don't you feel the same thing knowing you are seen by millions of people in the movies?' `No,' he said. `You don't get that energy feedback, you don't get that amazing spectacle.' He was astounded by it. But me? I don't always think about it much." From The Rolling Stones: The Last Tour by Philip Kamin and Peter Goddard

Date: April 7, 2014 10:29

A toss-up between hearing Worried About You (the first Stones track I heard) as a 12 year old, and hearing the first chords of Start Me Up at my first Stones show in 1990.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 7, 2014 11:35

The Five weeks 'Tell Me' were No 1 och Swedish Chart-List 'Tio i Topp' 1964-1965...

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 13:52 by Come On.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 7, 2014 11:47

Waiting on a Friend promo video on tv, around '81.
First Stone gig ever; Rotterdam '90.
Voodoo Lounge World Tour kick-off in 1994 in Washington USA.
Catching Charlie's drumstick at Wembley in '99.
Attending the clubshow Vredenburg (Utrecht, HOL) in 2003.
Hyde Park 2013.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 11:54

Charlie signing my LPs/CD/book - 4 times at 4 of the ABC&D gigs. The first time was most amazing of course, but all of those 4 moments were absolutely magical.

As for The Stones as a whole band - the first time I saw them in 2003, when they hit the B stage and were like 2 meters from us. That show turned me to a real fan.

Right now I have very high expectations of the Berlin gig though :-)

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 12:20

July 1990, Wembley Stadium - as a 16 year old with my 13 year old brother. After having made it to the front row (think we were the first to arrive at Wembley that morning), finally the lights went down and the crescendo from Continental Drift came blasting out. The sheer excitement and anticipation, before I even set eyes on the band was my greatest moment. All down hill from there winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 7, 2014 13:14

Seeing them first time live. So much invested in that experience, lots of expectations, hopes & fears... and they topped them all! The band was simply better than I ever could have imagined! Greatest thing was to realize how well those great tracks from the records worked in concert. Some songs were realized there, and I was able to hear there features I couldn't quite grasp just by listening records. But's like losing a virginity - one can do that only once. Not any concerts of theirs since then have been able to give me that feeling again. Shit, after that concert I really thought that 'yeah, now I can die happy". I was in heaven, still days and weeks afterwards, the setlist just stick into my mind, and for years I could spell it number by number, without ever seen in print anywhere (now I don't but I have Gazza's pages..). It also felt at the time that not just having a dream finally realized, but also 'this is it', my first and last Stones concert - little I knew...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 13:30 by Doxa.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: April 7, 2014 13:35

each end every time I travel a distance & pay much $$$ to see them, the minute that the "lets spend the night together" tune starts... knowing its 5 minutes to the show and that month of worries about being severely ill / airport strike / loss of tickets / anything that can ruin this - knowing its all just behind me and that nothing stands between me and the live RS now...

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: April 7, 2014 13:42

Wembley July 1990. After the wilderness years of the 1980's to see them again was wonderful.

I also felt a real connection at the first Hyde Park gig last year. To see the Stones on a warm summer night in Hyde Park was mystically good.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 7, 2014 13:47

Keith giving me his guitar pick after "Sympathy" in Helsinki 2003. I was in the front corner and when he came down the steps to go to the B-stage I reached for a high five. Didn't get one, got the pick. He "squeezed" it into my hand with two hands. Moments to live forever!

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: April 7, 2014 13:54

Meeting Keith in Rotterdam with the Expensive Wino's, and seeing the stage of my first Stonesconcert : Still-Life stage 1982, also Rotterdam.Meanwhile Mike Olfield's music was playing,which made it very mystical to me, at the age of 20 . I don't remember the track, but it wasn't Tubelar Bells.

Posted by: SkinnyDippin ()
Date: April 7, 2014 14:02

Sneaking into RFK (Vodoo Lounge 1994) for rehearsal,Friday nite, with my brother.Going back on Saturday night bribing a security guard $20.00 and 2 Heinekins and watching the dress rehearsal.All of this before any of the world saw them on Monday. Friday it was just the band and Saturday it was the whole show.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 7, 2014 14:05

Yet to come, I hope!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home