Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: your biggest stones moment
Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: April 7, 2014 14:05

My First Stones Concert in The Netherlands, Rotterdam (De Kuip) in 2003, specially when they played Honky Tonk Woman =). Second is Hyde Park 2013.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 14:06 by HaroldJustin.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 7, 2014 14:12

Met Ronnie outside his apartment in London back in 2009. We were in London to see EC at RAH and "bumped" into Ronnie. Started crying and then bought a bottle of Moet to celebrate afterwards.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: April 7, 2014 14:24

Learning they would be performing in my home town (Port Chester, NY) at the Capitol Theater for the MTV "Live at the Ten Spot" show in 1997. Then waiting across the street from the theater with my brother the night of the show, hoping somehow to get it. All of a sudden a rush of people running to the side street near the theater and we run to join them. Anxiously waiting, when slowly, the line starts moving. Being in disbelief as someone puts a ticket in my hand. Looking at a girl beside me, both of us stunned. Then walking into the theater just as Keith kicks off the opening riff of Honky Tonk Women. I'd say that easily was my biggest Stones moment.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: April 7, 2014 15:58

Grison
the most anxious moment was on November 25th 2012 when they came back on the arena stage for the first time after 5 years and some weeks were they had ended the ABB Tour in 2007.

All the questions whether they would be capable to do a show, whether they could still play for 2 hours etc etc. All these questions vanished by the roar of their stage presence.

This was one of the biggest Stones moments without any doubt and tought the naysayers and critics that there is only one Rock and Roll Band who remained the same :-)

Agreed.

My best moment - Shine A Light, Brixton Academy 1995
Close second - Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor 12/13

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 7, 2014 16:00

Rotterdam '73.

Date: April 7, 2014 16:10

LuxuryStones
Rotterdam '73.

Listening to that show as we speak smiling smiley

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 16:12

Everytime the lights go out - the film on the screen start and Keith hitting the first chord.
Still goose bumps after so many shows.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 7, 2014 16:14

Too many memorable moments to focus on a particular one

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 16:14

sirdoug
Learning they would be performing in my home town (Port Chester, NY) at the Capitol Theater for the MTV "Live at the Ten Spot" show in 1997. Then waiting across the street from the theater with my brother the night of the show, hoping somehow to get it. All of a sudden a rush of people running to the side street near the theater and we run to join them. Anxiously waiting, when slowly, the line starts moving. Being in disbelief as someone puts a ticket in my hand. Looking at a girl beside me, both of us stunned. Then walking into the theater just as Keith kicks off the opening riff of Honky Tonk Women. I'd say that easily was my biggest Stones moment.

Great story!

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: April 7, 2014 16:24

So many! But one of my first was buying the ER album as a kid and getting the great poster that came with it and just staring at it for hours while listening to that album.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 7, 2014 16:27

Rockman
....Lucy my great grandmother once showed me the kidney-stones she'd had removed ...That's pretty tuff stuff when ya only a kid...

imagine how gramma felt?!

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 7, 2014 17:40

Meeting Keith backstage thanks to Freddie Sessler. Meeting Mick- and Keith again - thanks to JC.

..and being backstage with keith and Ronnie with my wife and Freddie Sessler in Oakland an no one else. They were playing pool (snooker?)

Unreal

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 17:48

Meeting Ron Wood. Seeing the boys front row two nights in Singapore and Keith leaned forward and dropped his pick into the palm of my hand after doing Thru and Thru! Amazing!
Flying to Shanghai to see them for their first show in China.
Opening night for the Voodoo Lounge tour in DC and seeing them do Hot Stuff, one of my favs.
My first stones show at the Pontiac Silverdome. The circus was quite an eye full for a young teenager.

Posted by: Vwoods747 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 18:28

June 15, 2003: Olympic Stadium Berlin, DE.
Mick slapping my hand on the catwalk during "Rocks Off".

May 5, 2013: Oakland Arena Oakland, Ca.
Meeting Charlie Watts before the show and having a short chat about good wine.

Oslo, Paris, Vienna, Dusseldorf, Rome, Copenhagen.

Posted by: MaddOli ()
Date: April 7, 2014 20:24

After a long time hoping for one of my favourite, not very often played Stones songs, I was at Hyde Park and...
"This ones called Bitch, you ready? BITCH."

I almost cried.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: April 7, 2014 20:38

Hmmmm... This is tough but FRONT ROW for Philly #2 last year has to be it!!

** Then a few other highlights**

Newark 12-13-12 Front Row side stage behind Bernard and Lisa

Tower Theater Sept 2002 9 rows back for the Philly Trifecta ( attended all 3 shows)

SarsFest July 2003 Toronto

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 7, 2014 20:59

So many...hard to narrow down:

My 1st show L.A. Coliseum, 1981.

Vredenburg 2003, front row standing.

Stockholm Cirkus 2003, front row standing & meeting Keith during that week.

All Mick Taylor appearances 2013, especially Staples Center #2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 22:54 by Hairball.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: April 7, 2014 21:13

Running into Charlie in east-Berlin the afternoon before the concert in 1990,
24 years ago this summer? Hmm, I'm getting old...

The other great thing was meeting Mick Taylor at a bluessession in a little pub in Groningen on a "regular" wednesdaynight.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: April 7, 2014 21:13

I was lucky enough to see 2 of small shows in 2002/2003 Philly Tower and Utrecht. The biggest moment was probably scoring the tickets for the Tower Theater. I remember trying all day to just through to the ticket site with no luck. I woke up in the middle of the night and decided I would check again for tickets and unbelievably scored two for the Tower. I was so excited I couldn't get back to sleep!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 7, 2014 21:25

wembley 1999 secnd gig. Me and my son stood closest to the little stage, 2 meters between us and keef.smiling smiley

Funny how things work, this is the concert I rate as the worst I have seen the Stones. I was front row against Keef side against the catwalk/bridge.

My best are:

A close-up of me singing Beast on the 4 Flicks DVD (Wiltern).

Right next to the model for the Best Buy commercials for 4 Flicks. A national commercial of the Stones and there's my mug! Taken from Ahoy (the other models were out of position & I took their spot. I had to sign a waiver to stay in the spot...front row Keef side against the catwalk).

Shep. Bush!

Wiltern (Keef handed me 2 pics & at the end of the show took my hand & said "you're the one that keeps me going Mother Fu#@er, It's you"). Was front row Keef side against the catwalk.

Vredenburgh (front frow Ronnie side...Mick right there on Worried)!

Ahoy!

Oakland 1999 - Opening Night

Sheffield 1999 in the rain (front row Keef side against catwalk/bridge).

Murrayfield 1999 - mosh pit for Jack Flash! Now that's energy! (Also, Mick came off the main stage, shook my hand & said "thank's for coming, that's a long way to go")

MSG 2002 - I'm on the 4 Flicks DVD, close enough you can read my shirt.

Fillmore 1999 - camping out for a week listening to rehearsals.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2014 00:56

imagine how gramma felt?! ...probably a lot better once they were gone

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-08 01:20 by Rockman.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 8, 2014 01:19

Can't believe it was 6 years ago last week, trapped in a hallway with all 4 Stones, waiting for them to introduce Shine A Light. Will always remember it.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: April 8, 2014 01:33

Being against the B-stage in Baltimore in 2006 and making eye contact with Mick as I was doing his moves to Start Me Up. He smirked. Sure, it may not have been at me but I will always believe that it was...

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 8, 2014 04:02

seeing them in london 02 centre in 2007.

thought it at the time it would be the last gig ever, glad i was proved wrong though.

highlight for me was playing she was hot.

always loved that song when i got into it in 1988 and never thought they would ever do another gig let alone play that song.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 8, 2014 04:07

SomeTorontoGirl
Can't believe it was 6 years ago last week, trapped in a hallway with all 4 Stones, waiting for them to introduce Shine A Light. Will always remember it.

[www.iorr.org]

You just won the thread! grinning smiley. (Just kidding, I know it's not a contest.) That is a wonderful story.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: April 8, 2014 04:37

1) the 17 or 18 shows I've seen between '89 and '12
2) meeting Keith
3) meeting Ronnie! I love that guy.
4) sneaking into the Winos' soundcheck in Boston, '93 (before the 2/13/93 show that was broadcast on Japanese TV - they played "Somethin' Else" about 5 times)
5) passing a guy about three months ago on a freshly shoeveled side street on the Upper West Side, the day after a snow storm. The path wasn't wide enough for both of us, so I stepped aside to let him pass. Underneath the hood of his bright orange snow parka, he smiled and nodded at me as a thank you. The next thing I know, I'd continued walking about 30 feet and he was crossing Columbus Ave. I'd temporarily blacked out. Because, on the way to pick up the boy at school, I randomly passed Mick on the sidewalk. I was not prepared for that encounter AT ALL. I was dazed for the rest of the day/night - it fried my circuit board.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 8, 2014 11:03

"...When I wrote that riff for Jumpin' Jack Flash." (Bill Wyman)

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: April 8, 2014 11:13

Hearing Brown sugar for the first time in 1971.........

And shortly after being given this, my first Stones album, by my brother.......

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 8, 2014 11:27

Best Moment:
1982: Kuip Rotterdam. My first Stones show!!!!
2003: Cirkus Stockholm. Almost front row, 1.2 meter away from MJ.

Posted by: mudshark ()
Date: April 8, 2014 13:34

Seeing them after several shows from the very first front row in Düsseldorf in 2007, seat nr. 2 from the middle on Ronnie's side, thanks and next to iorr member Finnstone on seat nr.1 (from my point of view the best place in the whole arena, so I had the second best), who sold me/us these wonderful tickets.
Was a seated venue plan which I hated before, but love it now after Frankfurt and Düsseldorf because it gives you your personal space to listen, watch and dance.
When they moved to the b-stage, which was far away from that point :-) I had eye contact with Daryl and we played together It's only Rock'n Roll.
Also met BV there, which added a very friendly face to this forum for me.
See ya at Düsseldorf in a few weeks, 1. FOS left side!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home