Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12
Ten Lucky Dip shows for Europe at 65 Euros a ticket.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:34

Just seen on rs.com:

Lucky Dip tickets to sold out Europe shows on sale tomorrow and Thursday

Special priced Lucky Dip tickets will go on sale for 10 dates from the upcoming 14 ON FIRE European tour at 10am tomorrow and on Thursday. Most of the shows have already sold out, so this is a great opportunity for fans for purchase these special tickets for just €65, and 350ILS in Tel Aviv..

..... More here:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 20:57 by bv.

Re: Ten Lucky Dip shows for Europe.
Date: April 1, 2014 19:36

Heres the link.

Better not be an April Fools joke.

Lucky Dip

Re: Ten Lucky Dip shows for Europe at 65 Euros a ticket.
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:59

whatever it is – don't spread this outside iorr

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:59

Anybody any experience with this kind of tickets? You'll only know on the day itself what places you'll get.... I bet not that many are VIP or Carre OR.....

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:00

Do I have to register to rs.com before the sale start?

Date: April 1, 2014 20:01

damnation
Anybody any experience with this kind of tickets? You'll only know on the day itself what places you'll get.... I bet not that many are VIP or Carre OR.....

Actually you can read many stories in this forum when you use the search function. Many people got tongue pit tickets, other seating and so on. You gotta be lucky!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 20:02 by schwonek.

Date: April 1, 2014 20:03

slewan
whatever it is – don't spread this outside iorr

I'm sure the scalpers look at rs.com before they come here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 20:06 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:06

damnation

It's exactly what it says - you accept that you may receive restricted view tickets or seats in the last row of the stadium. I think that you can assume that very few are VIP or Carre OR, but there will probably be some. It wasn't a bad deal in the US, where they were Arena shows. The nosebleed seat in an arena isn't that bad (if the view isn't restricted).

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:06

"Lucky" dip is right. It's a gamble, with strict conditions attached to it, but if you end up with one of the best tickets, then you truly are lucky. On the other hand, you could end up way back in the rafters or with a restricted view ticket in the worst-case scenario...

Date: April 1, 2014 20:09

Was gonna go for top price standing 199 euros at Madrid tomorrow, but should I take a chance.

Decisions,Decisions. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:10

damnation

Anybody any experience with this kind of tickets?

Seems to be similar to the $85 Tickets during the '50 & Counting Tour' in US & Canada .....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 20:20 by Irix.

Date: April 1, 2014 20:11

Anyhow, if you only see one show - don't lucky dip.

If you see more than one show - go for it. No ticket is cheaper than 65 Euro!!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:15

With the $85 tickets, the first night of the tour, many people I know (including myself) got very good seats. As the tour progressed, most were limited to the rafters, however a certain % each show got lucky with pit tickets.

Date: April 1, 2014 20:19

schwonek
Anyhow, if you only see one show - don't lucky dip.

If you see more than one show - go for it. No ticket is cheaper than 65 Euro!!!!

You're right there.

Will still go for top price standing at Madrid and lucky dip for another gig. smoking smiley

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:21

This is an awesome option for those who cannot otherwise afford to get to a show. With all of the complaining about ticket prices in the last couple of years this is something that people need to dig deep for to complain about. Restricted view? Rafters? Who really cares you are in the building for around the price of a front row seat in the Steel wheels tour.
I had direct experience at both Boston shows last summer with these tickets and wound up with great seats both nights, lower bowl approx center ice...my neighbours had paid $450 per ticket. A lot of the other people in the queue were also getting good pulls but of course there were also rafter seats...but half the fun at a Stones show is just being in the building. Good luck to all who try for these...definitely worth a shot if you are having trouble justifying a more expensive ticket

Posted by: Megamikstar ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:26

Does anyone know how many tickets will be available? It seems to be my last chance to get tickets because I dont want to pay hundreds of euros. winking smiley

Hope it´s not an april fool. ^^

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:31

In the US it was somewhat a 1000 tickets per concert. When you read the lines it might not be in the golden circle this time. But you never know....
Take a Chance.

Date: April 1, 2014 20:35

It's a little bit confusing in the Ticket section on RollingStones.com (better description in the News section):

Wednesday, 2nd April, 10:00am CEST:

Paris, Rome, Madrid

Thursday, 3rd April, 10:00am CEST:

Oslo, Zürich, Tel Aviv, Berlin, Vienna, Düsseldorf, Stockholm

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:36

It was a good deal in the US at $85 where the prices were exorbitant and where there was no GA (well apart from the pit at $1500) but in Europe with GA around the €80 mark is it really worth it? Chances are you'll get a much better spot with your €80 and arriving early rather than go for the €65 "Lucky Dip" and hope for GC.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 1, 2014 20:42

That's a price I would be willing to pay. I hoped for these lucky dip tickets. But I didn't know, one needs a credit card for these and I don't possess one! It doesn't even help to ask someone, who has one, because it's a not transferable ticket. Why can't you just remit money from a Giro account? sad smiley

Date: April 1, 2014 20:49

StrawberriesBlueberries
That's a price I would be willing to pay. I hoped for these lucky dip tickets. But I didn't know, one needs a credit card for these and I don't possess one! It doesn't even help to ask someone, who has one, because it's a not transferable ticket. Why can't you just remit money from a Giro account? sad smiley

As long as you go in with the person who purchased at the venue and get your wristband you're fine.
Just finding a nice person who may have a spare one. They are all sold in pairs. winking smiley

Date: April 1, 2014 20:55

Actually a bit ambiguous as it says sold in pairs and mentions things like max of two. confused smiley

Date: April 1, 2014 20:55

StrawberriesBlueberries

But I didn't know, one needs a credit card for these and I don't possess one!

Sometimes it's better to have a credit card, maybe the prepaid version (e.g. Kalixa) would be a solution. But it takes some days to get this prepaid card .....

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 1, 2014 21:13

It can't an April Fool! Surely.... Couldn't help thinking that at first though.

Think it might be worth going for. Especially for those of us who already have one show sorted. If nothing else, it gives us a chance of getting in to sold out shows. I know more tickets might become available (either officially or through IORR's All Sold Out) but I feel more confident booking flights with tickets already in hand.

Sadly the one show I'd be most interested in - Roskilde (as it's on my birthday) isn't included in this! grinning smiley Nevermind.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 1, 2014 21:36

go for it I was happy and had a great seat 1 out of 3...

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: April 1, 2014 21:49

Cool! When I go to the $85 US lucky dip section in this forum, I read a lot of disappointed people, ending up in lower visibility sections....

Not sure what to do: pray that I will be able to find a VIP OR ticket or give it a shot on the lucky wheel?

Posted by: piet ()
Date: April 1, 2014 22:46

Hi,

on rollingstones.com it says that "Lucky Dip Tickets are restricted to a maximum of two (2) tickets per purchaser".

Does anybody know if that means that these tickets are limited to two for all shows or to two tickets for each show?

Thanks!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 2, 2014 00:04

For more info on my experience in the States with the "lucky dip" tickets see this:

The Rolling Stones $85 Ticket Saga

Or I'll save you the time of reading it...
GO FOR IT!

I saw three separate shows for $85 each!
You can't beat the deal.
Best value on the planet.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 2, 2014 00:11

I told you there would be lucky dip tix for Berlin... I must say I was not so sure anymore over the last few days... and the onsale date was changing all the time...

Those $85 tix made it possible for me to enjoy a lovely trip to California for 3 shows with a tight budget...

Wishing all who will try lucky dips lots of luck! This week and on the day of the show!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 2, 2014 00:13

piet
Hi,

on rollingstones.com it says that "Lucky Dip Tickets are restricted to a maximum of two (2) tickets per purchaser".

Does anybody know if that means that these tickets are limited to two for all shows or to two tickets for each show?

Thanks!

Please note that there is always exactly 2 Lucky Dip tickets will be issued per customer!

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home