Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR - European Fan Meeting 2006!
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 20, 2005 14:49

Dear IORR posters!

The Stones will start their new tour soon and it won’t take long till they hit Europe with hopefully fantastic shows in summer 2006.
Rumours are flying around, first plans of which shows to see are already made and everybody starts to put some hard earned money aside to afford the costly trips.

A while ago I chatted with a couple of IORR friends and we developed an idea – the Tell Me forum is a great place and we all love to be here, but we want to take it a step further and away from cyber space.
We thought about organizing a meeting for all IORR members (and refuges from the other boards) in a city that is easy and cheap to reach for everyone, make a big party and attend a concert together.

We have a few suggestions for you concerning the venue, we thought about either Amsterdam, Barcelona and Porto (tour opening).
All these three places offer some great advantages: easy to reach, great audiences, culturally interesting, …

Before we take this plan any further, we’d just like to check if there is a general interest on organizing such an event. Therefore, we ask for your opinion on this topic and hope for your numerous suggestions!

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-20 14:50 by KeithRichards.

Re: IORR - European Fan Meeting 2006!
Posted by: ADRIAN_L ()
Date: May 20, 2005 14:53

Sounds a great idea!
A meet-up, in Porto, prior to the first night, would be great.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 20, 2005 15:00

I like the idea & if its financially possible love to do it & availability of tickets.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 20, 2005 15:04

Great! I'll go to Barcelona and Amsterdam for sure anyways. And probably to Coimbra.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 20, 2005 15:34

That sounds kind of fun and exciting, although the tour will start in about a year and we haven't seen
the tour schedule yet, so it's pretty hard to know in which city the meeting could take place.
I think the selection of a venue/s should be based on several criteria e.g the number of shows in the city
or the immediate vicinity, if there's a theatre show, available inexpensive flight connections, cheap hotels or
youth hostels etc. I think Amsterdam, Barcelona and Porto sound interesting, but I'd also add Paris and Berlin as
possible alternatives. At the moment I feel that Amsterdam would be my number one choice, but as I said before
there are many details to sort out and the info is rather sketchy at the present so we need to find out more until
the crucial decisions are made. Hopefully the tour info for Europe will be disclosed really soon.

Date: May 20, 2005 15:36

I reckon amsterdam would be perfect.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 20, 2005 15:36

I would go for it.
No matter where it is in Europe.
See you out there it will be another year of the Stones to come onstage

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 20, 2005 15:38

I'll be there!

Amsterdam would suit me the best because i live in Holland but Barcelone or another city would be great to because it would be an extra concert for me!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: May 20, 2005 15:52

Thats settled then, all crash at Wuudy's then.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 20, 2005 16:03

sounds brilliant - what's your address, Wuudy? :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 20, 2005 16:11

Wow!

Let's do it!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: May 20, 2005 16:18

Okay, Wuudy's place in Red Light District. I hope you don't live in a bachelor dump overcrowded with cockroaches, pizza leftovers and beer cans all over the floor. It better be a penthouse overlooking one of 'em canals and not too faraway from a coffee shop with good weed and an extensive assortment of mushrooms.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 20, 2005 16:39

OK, Wuudy. I'm booking four single beds in your home. With breakfast. Three days before the show till two days after.
Do we have to bring sheets and towels?

Date: May 20, 2005 16:42

i'll bring a bottle of J.D and a phrase book

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 20, 2005 16:59

I'm up for Amsterdam too (Already well known grinning smiley). And when we all meet, I'll show you all how to down a bottle of Jack D without dying. I have Wuudy's address by the way. But I kent tell it to you. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 20, 2005 17:10

Sounds very, very good!

Da essmer dann a Sachertorten tsammen, gell, KR?

Posted by: mistress ()
Date: May 20, 2005 17:15

I vote to Amsterdam. That would definitely be the best choicewinking smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 20, 2005 17:17

Yep. Amsterdam is what I hope for. Preferably indoors 'cause I only saw the Stones in stadiums in my time.

PS: Hi Zsuzsa. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 20, 2005 17:23

Good to be here - Good to meet you anywhere

Never been to Portugal. Would indeed be great.

Date: May 20, 2005 17:24

amsterdam pre-show socializing = great idea.
amsterdam arena sound quality = poor

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: May 20, 2005 17:27

great idea

Amsterdam i the best place because IT"S CENTER OF EUROPE. i would like to see Porto or Barcelona but from POLAND is too far.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 20, 2005 17:40

I'm in. I just hope that Wuudy doesn't live with his folks anymore.
On the other hand , his mom could wash and iron my collection of Stones t-shirts.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 20, 2005 17:46

If an indoor show would take place in Amsterdam, apart from a club, it would probably be the Heineken Music Hall, and I somehow doubt it.

But I think we'd better go for a stadium anyway:

- more accessible because more tickets available.
Noone here should be excluded because of missing out on the sales of an arena somehow, and if you do get them there's a chance that we get spread all over the arena.

- more accessible because cheaper tickets.
Noone here should be excluded because he/she can't afford a ticket.

- we'll jump with the warhorses together in the great open atmosphere of the stadium, and leave the attention to details (arena) to occasions when we're able to pay attention to them.

(Considering the above, alternatively to Amsterdam you could think of a field show in a less known place in Germany. Like the Licks Oberhausen show was great and I could easily get FOS tickets only weeks before the show, without joining rs.com, for €95 each. But there would be less entertainment afterwards).

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 20, 2005 18:27

Well that settled than.

So that's odean73, with sssoul, Rank Outsider, Thommie, ADRIAN_L, JumpingKentFlash, TooTough and Manhattan in one bedroom and everybody else that will sign up for this exclusive Wuudy fan club premium member ship will get the other spare room :-)

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: lisalover ()
Date: May 20, 2005 18:28

count me in then! lol

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 20, 2005 18:42

I agree with what Limbostone said.
A club show would be cool, but I can't imagine that we all can get/afford tickets.
So a stadium show is the best solution, in my opinion, and I think we will have great fun even if it's the usual setlist.

Amsterdam seems to be a good possibility - you can get cheap flights and trains to Amsterdam from all over Europe and it's also easy to reach from outside Europe (Dale (Hound Dog) - still interested in coming?). And needless to say that Amsterdam is a great city.

It's too early anyway to make concrete decisions - I just want to know if you guys are interested in such a gathering so we can develop the idea further.

Btw, I like the idea about Wuudy's place. I like to be in the bedroom with all the others too.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 20, 2005 18:45

Sounds terrific, Wuudy. Hope they play the stadium. So all of us can get tix.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 20, 2005 18:46

Well I know that for almost everybody (except our spanish frinds) Portugal in is the Far West of Europe, but,

in May we´ll get beautiful sunny weather, excellen food, better wines, nices places to see, and and beatiful town to visit (1.000 years of history!!)

I am from Lisbon but Porto deserves time to be known!!

Cheers!!!!!!!

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: May 20, 2005 20:36

Sounds like a great idea!
Ask BV if he would put a special page for such an event. A page where we
can read news about the progression on this idea!

HJofSweden

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 20, 2005 22:13

This ain't new.IORR members have been meeting up for several tours from New York down to Sydney.It just happens on an adhoc basis.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home