Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 39 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: March 24, 2014 16:03

They're still making funeral arrangements for her. I was a bit surprised when reading this today. I guess she'll be buried in L.A. and Jagger is making the arrangements. Her family wants her buried in Utah in the family plot. I believe she's estranged from her sister who's not even invited to the ceremony..whenever that will take place. Must be some behind-the-scenes drama because the poor soul has been dead a week now, it's time she be laid to rest.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2014 16:16

It is now one week since these tragic news came to us. I will ask everyone to be nice to each others and use this thread for nothing more than what the subject line says. Please no personal disputes, rumours or off topic issues. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 24, 2014 17:54

BV, do you know how Mick is holding up?? I hope L'Wren's ceremony is very private and the press stays away. We want the family & Mick to be able to mourn in peace.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 24, 2014 18:36

Mick is holding up as well as can be expected. The coffin is now in LA and there will be a private memorial soon.

I'm just worried about AFTER the funeral. We tend to hold up for the deceased during funerals, but then it finally sinks in.

Sending love and prayers to both L'Wren and Mick.

How horrible.......

Date: March 24, 2014 18:40

mickschix
BV, do you know how Mick is holding up?? I hope L'Wren's ceremony is very private and the press stays away. We want the family & Mick to be able to mourn in peace.

We must respect the privacy of this matter. All we can do is to give our sympathy and support during these difficult times. I saw the paparazzis in action in Perth, and I wish them far far away in this matter.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 24, 2014 19:24

Yes but is the privacy also so be considered in this thread and forum? No offense, none at all, I get it, this is the flip side of the coin, personal tragedy in public and BV and others who were to see them in Perth probably witnessed this first hand. I get that.

I don't know Mick Jagger or the late Mrs Scott and they don't know who who I am, but Jagger is very famous and he's interesting and as a fan I'm interested in how this tragedy affects the band and Jagger and I think it's quite normal to want to discuss it.

Of course 99% of everything written about the cause and background of her choice to end her life - if theres any at all - is pure speculation - we all know that - but as a fan I think it should be allowed to discuss this here? Edit: and please correct me if Im wrong smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 19:26 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: March 24, 2014 19:55

Redhotcarpet
Yes but is the privacy also so be considered in this thread and forum? No offense, none at all, I get it, this is the flip side of the coin, personal tragedy in public and BV and others who were to see them in Perth probably witnessed this first hand. I get that.

I don't know Mick Jagger or the late Mrs Scott and they don't know who who I am, but Jagger is very famous and he's interesting and as a fan I'm interested in how this tragedy affects the band and Jagger and I think it's quite normal to want to discuss it.

Of course 99% of everything written about the cause and background of her choice to end her life - if theres any at all - is pure speculation - we all know that - but as a fan I think it should be allowed to discuss this here? Edit: and please correct me if Im wrong smiling smiley

All of this is 100% private and you have to respect that. Please DO NOT bring me into this discussion. This is a thread dedicated to the tragic death of L'Wren Scott. It is NOT open for discussions at this stage. If you want to discuss this matter then you have to find other places on internet.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Fourth Lick ()
Date: March 24, 2014 19:59

I know damn well how Mick feels now. Unfortunately, I had very similar experiences. So not just one. I knew personally three people that did this, two friends and someone VERY close. You keep asking yourself why. Why? Why?! What have I done to make it happen? Or what have I not done and should have? And the questions start to slowly destroy everything about you. It’s just awful. And it all f***s you up so you wish you were dead yourself so you don't have to think any more. Eventually you start thinking differently - damn, man, what they did was so f****d up, selfish and so cowardly. They literally screw up lives of so many people around them they allegedly loved. You don’t do this to people you love. You don't. And I wish none of you ever experience this.

But the best cure is to work. The only f****d up think is, Mick's job is to sing and dance, so he has to handle this the best way he can. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes now. But I was and I wish him to start thinking straight again as soon as possible. I'm sure his family will help him, his kids. After all, there are millions of people around the world who do love him and the Band, and who will come to any show anywhere on this planet to show how much.

And I can't wait for the day when Keith will speak about this. He will, you know.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: March 24, 2014 20:44

Private life should be private life.
39 pages of positive gossips & rumours should not exist in a forum dedicated to Rolling Stones music.
I do not have any record by L'Wren Scott. Sorry.
This discussion should have been banned or erased since the beginning, absolutely no connection to music.
For french readers Paris-Match & Closer have opposite reviews. Very funny.
Sad to see that IORR became a kind of sect.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: March 24, 2014 22:13

Agree

LiveAtHidepark
39 pages of positive gossips & rumours should not exist in a forum dedicated to Rolling Stones music.
This discussion should have been banned or erased since the beginning, absolutely no connection to music.

Date: March 24, 2014 23:13

shattered1978
Agree

LiveAtHidepark

With respect to privacy up to some extent and without any speculations spread around that we do not know for sure - we should still be able to talk about this matter and exchange our thoughts.

Obviously many many people around the world are touched with this tragedy. Private life should be private life, but Stones et al are also public people standing in the spotlight, besides being private.We are not the media being tasteless and haunting them.We are very sad and want to express it, each one in his/her own personal style. These are exceptional circumstances. And a RS board should be a suitable place to speak about it.

And what I never got is this thing: "it´s all about the music" "no connection to music" etc.....For some this might be right - but to many people the Rolling Stones are much more than just a band!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 23:27 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2014 23:20

hbwriter
LiveAtHidepark

still not sure why messages like this are not called out for being "negative" or "inappropriate" - this amount of posturing and attacking other comments to me is actually worse than anything else i have seen here.

HB...you want it both ways. You want to be able to freely speculate on the gossip and partial facts, with no responsibility for accuracy but then resent if someone calls you out on it. You're offended by that. Don't be, these are OUR opinions.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 24, 2014 23:26

Talking and exchanging thoughts is one thing.

However, such threads should have an appropriate title.

A lot of the discussion in this particular thread idle curiosity or argumentative rather than RESPECTFUL under the heading "R.I.P.

If any of the Stones ever see it, they will never think well of BV again.

Date: March 24, 2014 23:37

Yes - the RIP thread might be the wrong thread.

Please don´t get it wrong, but I think you dramatise a little bit with your statement <<If any of the Stones ever see it, they will never think well of BV again.>>

I´ve heard from a reliable source some years ago that the stones camp reads the messages occationally - BUT please - BV does not have to worry about his reputation nor do we as fans, in general, in these "special times".

Stupid posts and attitudes are all over the web. People with brains do know and make a difference. They will not take it that seriously, unless it´s extremely offending or insulting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 23:43 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Date: March 24, 2014 23:40

I have been very patient and tolerant with posts and thoughts here on IORR for one week here. Now it is time to keep on topic. Very on topic. Not open for discussion. If you want to discuss this topic please do it other places.

I have been on travel from Perth and back home. It took almost three days. By then this thread and others were filled up with many thoughts and comments. I am unable to read through everything. It is preserved. Few posts have been reported as offensive. I have had a high threshold of reacting. People have been allowed to say what they had on their mind quite freely. If something is offending you seriously then please use the "Report this message" link under the post.

I am not superman, and I am not Mother Theresa. I try to run this board with normally 2 million visitiors per year but now a 300% increase in traffic since last Monday without too many fights and offending posts. Please have respect and patience. These difficult days bring out the best but also some times the worst in people. I just ask for some self control now. And understanding. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Date: March 25, 2014 00:23

I sent my RIP message to MJ`s facebook site as a spontaneous feeling when I heard the news last monday.

As a member of this site I thought I would be able to express much more than a sympathy statement.

But I respect your wish to keep on topic and therefore the following:

I pray for the soul of L´Wren and feel very sorry. I also pray for Mick and I worry about him. I hope he will be better soon but he should take all the time he needs.I am still thinking and feeling about it every day, although I didn´t know her. I hope the funeral will be without any public notice.

PS: (Sorry Off topic) It was very difficult to get tickets, especially Waldbühne Berlin. I was lucky - but if Mick isn´t ready to do it I will fully understand!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 00:54 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 25, 2014 00:36

stonesrule
Talking and exchanging thoughts is one thing.

However, such threads should have an appropriate title.

A lot of the discussion in this particular thread idle curiosity or argumentative rather than RESPECTFUL under the heading "R.I.P.

If any of the Stones ever see it, they will never think well of BV again.

It didn't start out as an rip thread.

Keith has spoken ill of various dead people, he being quite smug about the fact Donald Cammell took his own life for example.

Keith would get banned on iorr. grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 00:44 by His Majesty.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: March 25, 2014 00:42

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 25, 2014 00:57

Some nice shots from L'Wren...........

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:01

Steps are handy when yah have a tall lady by your side. grinning smiley

They look lovely there. thumbs up

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:05

that's quite a first post from Fourth Lick

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:17

I was looking at some photos of Lwren from her childhood, and another more recent one where she is wearing no makeup....
And she is more beautiful than I thought, even more so without makeup.
There was such a light in her eyes and smile that you see even in photos.
I have nothing else to offer here, simply because even after a week, I'm trying to wrap my mind around what could have happened to her emotionally to get to that point.
I also worry about Mick - he's never been really alone before. Its wonderful to see how all his children have come to his side right now. We've always known that, for all his supposed personal faults, he is a good father - and this is a testament to that.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:19

Very nice that he has close family to rely on during this very difficult time, and that his children are stepping up.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:22

His Majesty
Steps are handy when yah have a tall lady by your side. grinning smiley

They look lovely there. thumbs up

Yes, she does.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 25, 2014 02:19

She looks stunning in that dress. Oh, so sad.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 25, 2014 04:41

Has anyone seen those pictures of Mick on the balcony in LA?
I don't want to provide a link because I feel like he's being violated...
but he looks absolutely devastated. I know we, as fans, will never know these people personally, and we have no 'connection' ....but it's heartbreaking to see him like this for me.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 25, 2014 07:40

stupidguy2
Has anyone seen those pictures of Mick on the balcony in LA?
I don't want to provide a link because I feel like he's being violated...
but he looks absolutely devastated. I know we, as fans, will never know these people personally, and we have no 'connection' ....but it's heartbreaking to see him like this for me.

I had to look. I regret it. Man, he looks devastated.

Brings it home.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 25, 2014 09:45

stupidguy2
I was looking at some photos of Lwren from her childhood, and another more recent one where she is wearing no makeup....
And she is more beautiful than I thought, even more so without makeup.
There was such a light in her eyes and smile that you see even in photos.

Yes, she frequently looked stunning. A woman with a beautiful smile and great style.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: March 25, 2014 13:23

Mick is planning a small, private funeral for his gone lover, this article reads ...

[www.nydailynews.com]

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:48

I really am sad for Mick. I feel I have been thru something similar and its a horror you would not wish on worst enemy, worse than a divorce. much worse if it was a tragedy played out in the public eye. I'd be so ashamed and embarrassed of my faults. I hope he is being looked after and someone is saying, well everybody does the best they can at that time. and sure she would not have done it if she had given herself a second chance and mick too and not been so hard on herself or mick is not being hard on himself nobody is perfect everybody @#$%& up. life is so fleeting. we are all going same way, we can be nice to ourself and put money in its place not worth killing over stupid things , status and money ain't worth the misery

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 39 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home