Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 37 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 22, 2014 16:34

Doxa
Thank you, that was quality journalism! The writer insightfully described the situation in a bigger picture - how shocking it was to anything Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones represent - but also gave us a hint that there is in the very music of theirs such a deep foundation, which could also offer a mechanism way out of this tragedy.

- Doxa

We can use this article by Neil McCormick in The Telegraph as a good groundet fundament to build a stabil bridge here on IORR, we can move on together, put our arms around eachother and start singing together, again.

It's just my dream.
And I live in good hope, after all.

HighwireC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 16:37 by HighwireC.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 22, 2014 16:34

Thank you for the Telegraph article. Nice to read a journalist who wants to think about things and not just dig for dirt.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 22, 2014 16:56

From the Telegraph article:

"This, of course, is part of what we love about the Stones. They behave badly so that we don’t have to."

Naively and not naively (namely, more or less cynically on my, and perhaps our, side) at the same time: They are doing that for me and for you. Then I won't criticize them for it. Great music has been combined. In this sense, at the distance between them and me, I am deeply fond of them that I not in the least personally know, and don't know if I would have wanted to know personally. But still am fond of. Does anyone, does someone, who is fan of their music, then have to measure them with petty morals?

Then I feel for them and theirs when unhappy consequences are overtaking them and hitting them, without my condemning them.

Not knowing anything at all myself, if, or if not, there might have been "bad behaviour" in any respect involved contributing on this occasion up to great tragedy as well. Maybe tragedy has struck, even if there might häve been "Brand New Set of Rules" really and fully prevailing. All the more reason for deep sympathy from my side.

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: March 22, 2014 17:50

Vogue's tribute to the elegant designer L'Wren Scott.

[video.vogue.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2014 18:03

BostonLass

[video.vogue.com]

Thanks...I realized in watching I'd never actually heard her voice.

Very passionate about her art.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 22, 2014 18:34

HighwireC
Doxa
Thank you, that was quality journalism! The writer insightfully described the situation in a bigger picture - how shocking it was to anything Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones represent - but also gave us a hint that there is in the very music of theirs such a deep foundation, which could also offer a mechanism way out of this tragedy.

- Doxa

We can use this article by Neil McCormick in The Telegraph as a good groundet fundament to build a stabil bridge here on IORR, we can move on together, put our arms around eachother and start singing together, again.

It's just my dream.

HighwireC

Good article, and no doubt Mick would appreciate collective support from a fan forum
instead of seeing it turn into a game of dodgeball.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 22, 2014 20:10

MKjan
HighwireC
Doxa

- Doxa

It's just my dream.

HighwireC

Good article, and no doubt Mick would appreciate collective support from a fan forum

Yes Im sure we matter right now.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 20:29

Never, ever, in a million years, saw this coming. Thought they'd be together "till death do they part", but was certain it would be HER burying HIM, not the other way around. Hard to deal with and understand. I will miss the beauty she brought to the world. Hopefully, she's a fashion designer in the courts of the Lord right now. God be with her loved ones, especially Mick. I don't see how he can go on from here...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 22, 2014 20:38

Redhotcarpet
MKjan
HighwireC
Doxa

- Doxa

It's just my dream.

HighwireC

Yes Im sure we matter right now.

Of course we don't matter….but its a nice thought.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 21:46

I feel like there should be a Tribute thread to L'Wren here on IORR with pictures and videos and interviews of her life, to show who she was, and not just how people perceived her to be--something that people would want to look at, rather than reading opinions by people who never met her. Something that could bless Mick's heart. Anyone interested?

Date: March 22, 2014 21:49

Straycat13
I feel like there should be a Tribute thread to L'Wren here on IORR with pictures and videos and interviews of her life, to show who she was, and not just how people perceived her to be--something that people would want to look at, rather than reading opinions by people who never met her. Something that could bless Mick's heart. Anyone interested?

good idea.

Date: March 22, 2014 22:07

Video of L'Wren's sister discussing the incident:

[radaronline.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 22, 2014 23:11

Reading this makes it even more strange that she committed suicide

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: March 22, 2014 23:13

Straycat13

You mean a shrine by and for those who actually met her? Sure but I think the admin wants this to be the thread about her. Besides the thread is about her, Mick, her death, how it affected iorr etc.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 22, 2014 23:19

treaclefingers
BostonLass

[video.vogue.com]

Bit odd, but this is the second video I see her talking this week.......I saw a lot of pictures from here the last 10 years or more, but never knew who she was confused smiley...why did we never saw a interview with L'wren and Mick together....

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 22, 2014 23:26

mtaylor
Reading this makes it even more strange that she committed suicide

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

That article is a hack job and has several inaccuracies. For one, Mick did not fly out of Australia with the rest of the band, he flew with his daughters to L.A. And the supposed $10M house they bought in NYC is false. I think L'Wren's brother-in-law (who she had not spoken to in several years) has it confused with the house Keith recently bought for his family in NYC. And the idea that Mick lives "from hotel to hotel" and was "ready to settle down" is nonsense. By most accounts he's actually quite a homebody and doesn't go out that much anymore. Nor does he stay in hotels apart from the few months a year the Stones are on the road.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 23:42 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 22, 2014 23:36

Just for clarification, that was her brother-in-law being quoted in the article, not her brother (who I believe she had brought in to help her in her business, so they were presumably closer).

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 22, 2014 23:39

Aquamarine
Just for clarification, that was her brother-in-law being quoted in the article, not her brother (who I believe she had brought in to help her in her business, so they were presumably closer).

Yes, that is correct. L'Wren was closer with her brother Randall, who as you mentioned was working in her design business and is reportedly helping Mick with the funeral arrangements.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 01:29 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 22, 2014 23:55

TornAndFried
Aquamarine

Yes, you are correct. She was closer with her brother Randall, who as you mentioned was working with her business and is reportedly helping with the funeral arrangements.

What a mess, then something was wrong....

Date: March 23, 2014 00:09

treaclefingers
BostonLass

[video.vogue.com]

Wow, that's the first time I've heared her talk, too. And also the first time I've seen a real video of her at all, besides from short ones in the news, where she posed next to Mick on a red carpet or where she walked besides him from a hotel to the car. I've mostly known pictures. It gives a totally different impression of the person to see her act and talk about her work. She seems to have been much 'softer' or 'tender' and more grounded than I would have expected her to be. And she looked content with her life - just two/three months before she commited suicide... Watching this gave me a little lump in my throat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 00:12 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 23, 2014 00:17

Bevor someone will feel the need to restart a rumours-and-speculation-thread in the name of freedom here,

I'll give you the song of freedom as I know it,
sung by Janis shortly before she died, released posthumously:

And I still live in hope, you can respect freedom and a little privacy of L'Wrenn and Mick, too.

HighwireC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 00:18 by HighwireC.

Date: March 23, 2014 00:51

treaclefingers
Video of L'Wren's sister discussing the incident:

[radaronline.com]

She posted on a tribute site for L`Wren on facebook (Beautiful L`Wren) while on a press article I somewhere read that the funeral takes place on the west coast at her home town, as her brother and Mick decided so - and this sister is not liked to be seen (as the contact was broken up several years ago)

What is this all about??

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 23, 2014 01:53

[radaronline.com]

The sister's interview says so much ... L'Wren had no real family structure..no children

ROCKMAN

Date: March 23, 2014 02:39

Yes - and I think she was too afraid of revealing it - she didn´t want to loose Mick, her real love and tried to please him. Not his fault - not her fault - only sad.

Just my thought.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 23, 2014 03:10

Factually, L'Wren spent much time with Mick's children. She wanted a BIG career and all the good things money can buy...as her two previous husbands had been well aware.

One has to take with a grain of salt the words spoken by the sister she hadn't seen in years, who sold her story to one of those gossipy New York rags.

It has been very difficult to make money in the fashion business in the past ten years unless you are Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein etc. Like other talented designers who don't "mass produce" clothing L'Wren didn't make BIG profits. She made lovely, well-cut clothes for rich ladies (She didn't charge her friends huge amounts) and her relatively recent tie-in with Banana Republic was for good but not great money. L'Wren was under huge pressure in the last year of her life, suffering a true mid-life crisis. She was a proud person who did not want anyone to know the pressure she felt.

I feel very, very sad to think of her state of mind during the last weeks she was alive.

Date: March 23, 2014 03:27

@ stonesrule
What you wrote is what it´s all about I think!

It´s only so sad that it´s too late now. People, in general, should just reveal and talk much more about what worries them, at least to those who are close - but I know not everybody can take it or wants to deal with these things.

She left a reminder to the world......

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: March 23, 2014 04:05

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 23, 2014 05:05

oh girl don't do that.

Date: March 23, 2014 09:17

The interview with one of the sisters is pathetic. Sorry but thats how I feel. I sense rivalry and jelousy.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 23, 2014 09:24

Redhotcarpet
The interview with one of the sisters is pathetic. Sorry but thats how I feel. I sense rivalry and jelousy.

The fact that none of her family was ever allowed to meet Mick says it all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 22:20 by Bliss.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 37 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home