Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:34

I'm so sorry Mick that is terrible news, I never expected this news. Hang on my friend and keep strong.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:43

I got into the Stones in '71 and have loved them ever since (though I rarely miss an oppty to bitch about their having not written any music worth a damn in like the last million years).

But I have never ever once thought of them as "people," like I think of my friends, family, and even acquaintances. I will never meet any of the Stones, nor have a conversation with any of them, nor share a confidence.

And, by and large, neither will any of you.

I understand the natural urge to express human empathy for other people in pain. Having been around suicide at several pts in my life, my heart goes out most to L'Wren's family, friends, and, if she had any, her children. The people left behind have it the hardest.

But I honestly don't "feel" much at all toward the Stones, as people. I have always assumed that, like anyone else who has reached the top in a competitive field, they are ruthless, mercenary, backstabbing bastards. That's not a knock; that tends to just be the way the world works. More power to them.

Their "role" in my life has not been to be my friend, it has been to supply me with a body of rock'n'roll that has excited, intrigued, and, yes, even comforted me, at different stages in my life. But that doesn't mean that I have even an opinion of what kind of people they are (other than the suspicions I indicated above).

So, I'm not really sure what all the hand-wringing is about. Yes, it would have been better (esp for L'Wren!) if that woman hadn't killed herself. Of course. But you know what? The band I fell in love with more than 40 years ago would have said "sod off!" and swung a guitar at your head had you tried to "empathize" with something they were "feeling."

To me, they're just a band. The greatest rock'n'roll band the world has ever known. I don't give a shit about anything else. Mick Jagger doesn't need me—or you—to feel sorry for him. You know what he needs? He needs you to buy tickets if/when he jumps back up on the stage. And that's all.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:53

What am I doing???

Commenting on the previous post and thereby contributing to the whole ugly drama playing itself out in an "RIP" thread, that's what. Shame on me. I am going to go outside and breathe lots of fresh air and water my new olive tree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 00:00 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 21, 2014 00:25

LongBeachArena72
I got into the Stones in '71 and have loved them ever since (though I rarely miss an oppty to bitch about their having not written any music worth a damn in like the last million years).

But I have never ever once thought of them as "people," like I think of my friends, family, and even acquaintances. I will never meet any of the Stones, nor have a conversation with any of them, nor share a confidence.

And, by and large, neither will any of you.

I understand the natural urge to express human empathy for other people in pain. Having been around suicide at several pts in my life, my heart goes out most to L'Wren's family, friends, and, if she had any, her children. The people left behind have it the hardest.

But I honestly don't "feel" much at all toward the Stones, as people. I have always assumed that, like anyone else who has reached the top in a competitive field, they are ruthless, mercenary, backstabbing bastards. That's not a knock; that tends to just be the way the world works. More power to them.

Their "role" in my life has not been to be my friend, it has been to supply me with a body of rock'n'roll that has excited, intrigued, and, yes, even comforted me, at different stages in my life. But that doesn't mean that I have even an opinion of what kind of people they are (other than the suspicions I indicated above).

So, I'm not really sure what all the hand-wringing is about. Yes, it would have been better (esp for L'Wren!) if that woman hadn't killed herself. Of course. But you know what? The band I fell in love with more than 40 years ago would have said "sod off!" and swung a guitar at your head had you tried to "empathize" with something they were "feeling."

To me, they're just a band. The greatest rock'n'roll band the world has ever known. I don't give a shit about anything else. Mick Jagger doesn't need me—or you—to feel sorry for him. You know what he needs? He needs you to buy tickets if/when he jumps back up on the stage. And that's all.

To me, a fan for the last 45 years (remembering being a kid 4 y.o. and listening to HTW cowbell), getting the news about L'Wren and MJ, it was this empty feeling... @#$%&, what now!!!
No more, or they will be back?
To us, very long time fans, this is not just a thing that happens.
Seeing the band suffering, cancelling the tour, at their age, is a bad thing. It is this scary feeling - the band members getting older, when will the first of them "leave" and all is over - it is a damn scary thing.
I guess some of the new-comers or less connected fans don't understand.
To me Stones is not just music, it is way of life, personality, almost 50 years of love, passion etc.
When things like this happen, it is difficult and we don't like people making a joke about it and certainly not throw stones / pissing on you.
By the way: this is what's all about

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 00:41 by mtaylor.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 00:40

I can dig that, mtaylor.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: March 21, 2014 00:43

Sorry L'Wren. Stupid words here can't harm you now babe.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 21, 2014 01:06

LongBeachArena72
I can dig that, mtaylor.
thumbs up

Mick Prepares To Say Final Good-Bye To L'Wren
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:36

Funeral is being planned:

[www.cbc.ca]

(I thought this should have its own thread. If not, BV please move it).

Re: Mick Prepares To Say Final Good-Bye To L'Wren
Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 20, 2014 21:15

Thank you for posting this. I am glad to read on the link that Jagger is with most of his children in LA including Karis.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: March 20, 2014 21:30

heart crushing sadness prevails

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 20, 2014 21:37

Hasn't he just landed in Abu Dhabi? Maybe they meant he was heading for LA.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 20, 2014 21:40

Informative ,but hate the use of just surnames of some of the people mentioned.

Sounds like a company e-mail. confused smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 20, 2014 21:57

Seen a picture of Mick, right after he found out. It was very sad and almost unreal. Like seeing your dad cry. My heart broke for the guy.

May Mick find peace.

Posted by: mountainhigh ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:04

crawdaddy

Petty post considering what the subject is about. Surnames are mostly used within the media, you must have observed that before now. In times like these first names are irrelevant.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:15

the title of your thread just reminded another title thread
[www.iorr.org]

from 2010 ...
"Don Was: L'Wren cried, thought "Following the River" was Mick saying goodbye"

I do not know if there is any connections ...

all my thoughts to the one preparing the funeral

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:49

Surnames are mostly used within the media, you must have observed that before now.
mountainhigh
crawdaddy

Petty post considering what the subject is about. Surnames are mostly used within the media, you must have observed that before now. In times like these first names are irrelevant.

Disagree,.................... not being petty at all at this sad time.
First names seem as if you care a bit .
I do observe quite a bit in journalism, ............ maybe you don't think so.tongue sticking out smiley

You have a look at some decent and newsworthy journalism stuff these days,written by people who know their stuff.

Not irrelevant at all. confused smiley
Anyway.................I care a lot about how Mick ,Keith,Charlie,Ronnie and the rest of The Stones entourage are feeling at this sad time .

I hope you do as well. smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 21, 2014 00:03

geez, you just feel for the guy.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2014 00:07

djgab
the title of your thread just reminded another title thread
[www.iorr.org]

from 2010 ...
"Don Was: L'Wren cried, thought "Following the River" was Mick saying goodbye"

I do not know if there is any connections ...

all my thoughts to the one preparing the funeral

Nice find, I'd never seen that, and Bliss' post on page 2 dated June 8, 2010 16:49 is pretty poignant now...it's just so sad what happened.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 21, 2014 01:27

I thought this to the wind...

Thoughts and prayers be with you Mick Jagger, I can only hope you can feel the good vibes from your millions of supporters in this difficult time. I am mostly glad you have a family and friends there for you now, they are what is needed most in these sad times. Stay strong, no words work at these moments, time is the only thing that helps make it not hurt as bad.

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: March 21, 2014 03:11

I sat directly in front of Mick's family and L'Wren at the Newark concert. We made eye contact and I waved hello and she waved back - I thought that was very nice. Feeling so badly for Mick and his family right now; I am sending them all my good thoughts. I hope they take all the time that they need and can find some kind of peace.

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: March 21, 2014 05:30

Tour filled with tragedies: Mick Taylor given only 3 songs a night and then this happens.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 21, 2014 05:35

Incredible to think, this was only four months ago..

Four months ago - 20 November 2013

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 21, 2014 06:32

gotdablouse
Hasn't he just landed in Abu Dhabi? Maybe they meant he was heading for LA.

Mick flew from Sydney to Los Angeles on Wednesday accompanied by his daughters Elizabeth and Georgia. The rest of the band and crew (minus Mick Taylor and Bobby Keys) flew to London via Abu Dhabi. Mick is reported to be spending time with his children and his brother Chris in LA, who is helping him with the funeral arrangements for L'Wren. Her funeral is expected to be held in New York but no details have been given yet.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 10:55 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 06:48

Bliss
Incredible to think, this was only four months ago..

Four months ago - 20 November 2013

this photo says it all really.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: March 21, 2014 07:18

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 21, 2014 07:56

Watched some daytime TV today, not my usual style, searching for news in LA while a captive audience with some workers @ my home. Channel 9's Inside Edition w/Deborah Norville (who I worked with on a news shoot in Chicago) was on. My heart broke for L'Wren (& Mick.) L'Wren's elder sister was interviewed, said she settled in Utah where their family grew up, was married, had kids. She said L'Wren told her she'd do anything to trade places with her because she had kids, husband & a family. She also said her family wanted L'Wren buried in Utah & arrangements were in progress between them & Mick Jagger's brother. She said L'Wren desperately wanted kids. L'Wren was portrayed during the segment as the 'jet-setter girlfriend of Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones.' Then Norville continued that L'Wren was not welcome to go on the Stones' Australian tour because she didn't get on with some band mates & that some of them called her 'the Yoko Ono of the Rolling Stones.'
Awful stuff. Let the poor tortured woman rest in peace & family & Mick grieve in peace. She was tormented @ the end by romantic, business, financial & family woes & must have felt hopeless before her demise. sad smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 21, 2014 08:25

So that's what happened to Deborah Norville. eye rolling smiley If that manufactured story gets regurgitated one more time, I'm going to regurgitate. Awful stuff indeed.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 21, 2014 08:49

Aquamarine
So that's what happened to Deborah Norville. eye rolling smiley If that manufactured story gets regurgitated one more time, I'm going to regurgitate. Awful stuff indeed.

yep, that's where Debbie-doll is. unlike another friend of mine, Meredith viera, first woman to host the Olympics this winter when bob costas was sidelined with pinkeye.
sad to hear L'Wren's sister speak, tho. that was from the heart. feel badly for that whole family & Mick.....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: March 21, 2014 09:45

This tragedy is haunting me.
I liked L'Wren so much. I looked forward to seeing pics of Mick wearing her designed jackets. I liked her Instagram pages. When she and Mick went to Mississippi to do research for the James Brown thing. Great photos.
I don't understand.
I am used to people I like ODing (Jimi and Janis) and being murdered (John Lennon), but she seemed so confident, assured, intelligent, professional, funny and very talented.
I'll miss her. Hell, I do miss her. Her instagram page had stalled the past few months. Where were the new updates? I kept wondering why.
I keep wondering why. I expect the public will never know why.
I am reading speculation in the press. The press gets so many things wrong and they print the same errors over and over.
I feels so sad for Mick and all of her friends. I believe L'Wren is beyond pain now. If the rumors were true about her business failing, it does not negate her talent. She was admired and loved anyway.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 21, 2014 09:52

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 12:51 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home