Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 18, 2014 19:50

DandelionPowderman
Bliss
Doxa
I write here about Mick because I get the impression from moderator's orders that this thread is dedicated to deal this 'matter' from all possible angles, as long they are done with a respect. If it does look unsuitable here - because I don't speak of L'Wren - please let me know people, and I'll find it another thread ('complaint' one I guess).

As far as Mick Jagger goes, what is also so tragical in this horrible event is that during his time with L'Wren Sir Mick finally seemed to get out of the tabloid crap he's been associated with all of his adult life. There weren't any longer nasty gossips reporting his doings here and there. The last time Jagger really was making negative headlines was his divorce with Jerry. Then Jagger got - rightly or not I don't know - all the hate and dispise from pseudo-feminist/ moralistic tabloid camp one could get. The only time since then that happened it was thanks to his band-mate to have fun of him negatively (todger-gate). Jagger simply haven't offered material any longer to make such news, and the tabloid scene have also accepted this 'new' Jagger. He has his reputation, we all know that, but what actually has happened have been damn positive to him. The aging rock star - and the one most protecting for his privacy - have been able to live his life, which also from an outset - the front to public sphere - looked relaxed and 'good'. The kids all around the world were singing "move like Jagger", and recognizing his iconist status, and the guy himself looked like making a peace with his own legendary past, and, you know, maturing up. It all has looked so great for Jagger in public.

But now all of that explodes in one big bang - maybe in biggest one ever. Not that this must be his biggest personal tragedy ever, damn sure the tabloid will have a field day. 'Yeah, that's our Jagger! We almost forget that one, but he's back!'And shit, there are all those biographers already busy editing their Jagger-books to add there a new final chapter to go along with the scandalous earlier ones, and after some boring ones. It is both his private and public life on flames here. As so much he has to do sorting out his personal pain and private life, he needs to deal with the public one too.

I don't think he, after all these years, deserved and deserves that. That looks so unjust. So damn wrong. I guess for the very first time ever I actually am feeling sorry for him, as crazy as it might sound. He is a human being, after all. That semi-god.

Or at least this all looks very disappointing to my eyes; weren't we all like wittnessing a kind of 'happy end' in all fronts here, the band, is members and their families and lives - even Ronnie finally sorted out, Taylor back onboard - everybody feeling happy and rightfully so. We all were so happy.

And then disaster like this happens. In the very private center of the whole Stones world. It is just so sad. So terribly sad.

- Doxa

I agree with nearly all of this excellent post, but I do not feel much pity for Mick. It would seem that L'Wren felt she had lost everything. There is no way of putting a good spin on it, or even doing damage control. Are we expected to believe this PR - that after Mick sponsored L'Wren's design career from day 1, she is driven to suicide because of a business debt? We're not idiots, though some diehard fanboys and fangirls seem to have parked their critical reasoning power at the door. Poor L'Wren is just collateral damage.

We don't know anything about this, and imo we certainly should not speculate whether this tragic death had anything to do with what you are insinuating here...

I think it is a private matter. But playing Ruby Tuesday at the next show with no lighting effects but a spotlight on Jagger and the others and no video screen illumination would send a simple message.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 18, 2014 19:51

His facebook announcement is enough otherwise.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: March 18, 2014 19:53

SPellegrino
DandelionPowderman
Bliss
Doxa
I write here about Mick because I get the impression from moderator's orders that this thread is dedicated to deal this 'matter' from all possible angles, as long they are done with a respect. If it does look unsuitable here - because I don't speak of L'Wren - please let me know people, and I'll find it another thread ('complaint' one I guess).

As far as Mick Jagger goes, what is also so tragical in this horrible event is that during his time with L'Wren Sir Mick finally seemed to get out of the tabloid crap he's been associated with all of his adult life. There weren't any longer nasty gossips reporting his doings here and there. The last time Jagger really was making negative headlines was his divorce with Jerry. Then Jagger got - rightly or not I don't know - all the hate and dispise from pseudo-feminist/ moralistic tabloid camp one could get. The only time since then that happened it was thanks to his band-mate to have fun of him negatively (todger-gate). Jagger simply haven't offered material any longer to make such news, and the tabloid scene have also accepted this 'new' Jagger. He has his reputation, we all know that, but what actually has happened have been damn positive to him. The aging rock star - and the one most protecting for his privacy - have been able to live his life, which also from an outset - the front to public sphere - looked relaxed and 'good'. The kids all around the world were singing "move like Jagger", and recognizing his iconist status, and the guy himself looked like making a peace with his own legendary past, and, you know, maturing up. It all has looked so great for Jagger in public.

But now all of that explodes in one big bang - maybe in biggest one ever. Not that this must be his biggest personal tragedy ever, damn sure the tabloid will have a field day. 'Yeah, that's our Jagger! We almost forget that one, but he's back!'And shit, there are all those biographers already busy editing their Jagger-books to add there a new final chapter to go along with the scandalous earlier ones, and after some boring ones. It is both his private and public life on flames here. As so much he has to do sorting out his personal pain and private life, he needs to deal with the public one too.

I don't think he, after all these years, deserved and deserves that. That looks so unjust. So damn wrong. I guess for the very first time ever I actually am feeling sorry for him, as crazy as it might sound. He is a human being, after all. That semi-god.

Or at least this all looks very disappointing to my eyes; weren't we all like wittnessing a kind of 'happy end' in all fronts here, the band, is members and their families and lives - even Ronnie finally sorted out, Taylor back onboard - everybody feeling happy and rightfully so. We all were so happy.

And then disaster like this happens. In the very private center of the whole Stones world. It is just so sad. So terribly sad.

- Doxa

I agree with nearly all of this excellent post, but I do not feel much pity for Mick. It would seem that L'Wren felt she had lost everything. There is no way of putting a good spin on it, or even doing damage control. Are we expected to believe this PR - that after Mick sponsored L'Wren's design career from day 1, she is driven to suicide because of a business debt? We're not idiots, though some diehard fanboys and fangirls seem to have parked their critical reasoning power at the door. Poor L'Wren is just collateral damage.

We don't know anything about this, and imo we certainly should not speculate whether this tragic death had anything to do with what you are insinuating here...

I think it is a private matter. But playing Ruby Tuesday at the next show with no lighting effects but a spotlight on Jagger and the others and no video screen illumination would send a simple message.

Looks like the next show could be Europe now, after the postponements.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 18, 2014 19:54

DoomandGloom
By speculating you embarrass yourself, by stating the obvious you embarrass everyone here including the band

That's the best sentence of the whole thread. I miss the "old" days when keeping silence was a way to express grief and mourning.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 18, 2014 19:57

hbwriter
mickschix
I personally think it is inappropriate for any of us to run wild with speculation and repeat what the tabloids are saying because right now Mick is in bad pain...no matter the circumstances, and if we care about MICK, the man, we should simply send positive, healing thoughts and prayers his way (and to her family and friends.)..nothing else should matter...this was someone very close to him, end of story...all of the gossip and guessing about this VERY PERSONAL MATTER is frankly disgusting.

where are people running wild with speculation? simply by citing high profile reports? where is the "gossip and guessing"? i think you are wildly overstating - these are highly public people that make news - a reasonable discussion of events hardly seems untoward. That's all that is happening here. Do you discuss the missing malaysian plane? crimea? those all have personal components as well- this is also a "news" story. Personally, i do not care about "MICK the man" (whatever that means) - I care about music. And i feel for *anyone* that must endure this sort of loss as an order of humanity - not because they are a rock star i admire.

If I'm tired of anything here it is the sanctimonious preaching about things that are not even happening - and being told what I *should* be feeling.

Your arguments are cogent and well-reasoned, and they make very clear your feelings and positions on a variety of overlapping subjects. That said, there are certain rare times when we should all step back, even if our opinions are worthy of airing, and allow people to focus the spotlight somewhere else.

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: March 18, 2014 19:59

EddieByword
I don't think that photo of Mick coming out of the restaurant did him a disservice.

Lou Reed once wrote "there's a bit of good in everything".

Rightly or wrongly over the decades Mick has had to wear the reputation of a "take or leave it - heartbreaking heart of stone".

The report that he had tears rolling down his face in the restaurant and that photo............well it kicks all that previous crap into touch, you never know, he might find that he's treated a bit more humanely as a result.........

Lou Reed also wrote "The bad makes the good and there's something to be learned from every human experience".

Probably as good a statement as any at this time.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:05

tomcasagranda
Yes,

I am finding the tabloid coverage of L'Wren's demise disturbing: did they have to be so intrusive to take a photo of Mick Jagger, when it appeared that he was deeply upset ?

You answered your own question. It's tabloid coverage. I'm wondering if just cancelling the rest of the 14 on Fire Tour would be the most appropriate decision given this personal tragedy and subsequent media feeding frenzy. I wonder what the fans would think about this. It would allow time for healing and for things to cool off. Okay, fair enough, the "show must go on," but this is a very sad time and what type of performance can Jagger give? I'd understand.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:09

Bellajane

You answered your own question. It's tabloid coverage. I'm wondering if just cancelling the rest of the 14 on Fire Tour would be the most appropriate decision given this personal tragedy and subsequent media feeding frenzy. I wonder what the fans would think about this. It would allow time for healing and for things to cool off. Okay, fair enough, the "show must go on," but this is a very sad time and what type of performance can Jagger give? I'd understand.

This is not a case of 'just cancelling', but the Australian / New Zealand dates will not go through.

Perth Arena – 19 March - postponed
Adelaide Oval – 22 March - postponed
Sydney Allphones Arena – 25 March - postponed
Melbourne Rod Laver Arena – 28 March - postponed
Macedon Ranges Hanging Rock – 30 March - postponed
Brisbane Entertainment Centre – 2 April - postponed
Auckland Mt Smart Stadium – 5 April - postponed

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:10

stewedandkeefed
EddieByword
I don't think that photo of Mick coming out of the restaurant did him a disservice.

Lou Reed once wrote "there's a bit of good in everything".

Rightly or wrongly over the decades Mick has had to wear the reputation of a "take or leave it - heartbreaking heart of stone".

The report that he had tears rolling down his face in the restaurant and that photo............well it kicks all that previous crap into touch, you never know, he might find that he's treated a bit more humanely as a result.........

Lou Reed also wrote "The bad makes the good and there's something to be learned from every human experience".

Probably as good a statement as any at this time.

Shades of the same thing...imo

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:16

The Stones did the right thing!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:20

michaelsavage

My thought, too.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:24

from The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences / The Oscars's facebook page....

L'Wren Scott in 2000 became the Academy's first-ever style director. Stars like Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz and Amy Adams have worn her gowns on the red carpet. Even First Lady Michelle Obama enjoyed her creations.

lots of photos of her work are shown...

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:25

Mick's statement:

"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way. We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves. She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me. I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received. I will never forget her, Mick."

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:27

hard times
all my thougths to the ones who are suffering from this loss

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:27

michaelsavage

Yes. I can´t imagine him shouting
"Awwww-right....feeling goooooooood?"
for the next weeks.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:44

Mick's statement:

"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way. We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves. She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me. I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received. I will never forget her, Mick."

Thoughts and prayers be with you Mick Jagger. I wish I could do more.

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:44

Hanns Rainsch
The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L’Wren Scott.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement.

The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date.

The postponed shows are:

Perth Arena – 19 March - postponed
Adelaide Oval – 22 March - postponed
Sydney Allphones Arena – 25 March - postponed
Melbourne Rod Laver Arena – 28 March - postponed
Macedon Ranges Hanging Rock – 30 March - postponed
Brisbane Entertainment Centre – 2 April - postponed
Auckland Mt Smart Stadium – 5 April - postponed

Australia/New Zealand promoters ask ticket holders to please hold on to their tickets until further notice. A new schedule of dates is presently being worked on and will be advised as soon as possible. Information will be made available via rollingstones.com and frontiertouring.com as soon as available.
Personally,I'm very relieved to hear that they've taken this decision,with the guttter press hovering,they'd have taken em to the cleaners if they'd decided to press on.I'm sure all the fans will fully appreciate that this is the right & proper decision & these concerts can now take place at a later date after a proper time for grieving has been allowed.Good decision guys,you have my full respect.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:47

I'm glad you GET IT, WITNESS, and for those who don't, I make no apologies. I stand by my statement and what I'd advocating is a little decency and sensitivity...I happen to CARE about MICK as a person...he's not just a rock star on stage...too bad for those who feel otherwise. I will not dignify any of the callous remarks made by calling out individuals..this is NOT the time or place.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:52

mickschix
I'm glad you GET IT, WITNESS, and for those who don't, I make no apologies. I stand by my statement and what I'd advocating is a little decency and sensitivity...I happen to CARE about MICK as a person...he's not just a rock star on stage...too bad for those who feel otherwise. I will not dignify any of the callous remarks made by calling out individuals..this is NOT the time or place.

I agree. It's just not the time or place.
I repeat my post:

Please excuse me but I feel the need to repeat my post from the closed thread "Perth rumours - not confirmed / The band has left Perth..."

"This is an extraordinary situation in which we should not insist our opinion is most important. I hope in the next hours and days people on iorr will find the right words to express their thoughts."

Also I would like to say that posting lyrics may look well meant at first or appropriate but please think about how inappropriate it could be for the writer(s) of the song when reading this long time ago written song in this context... It's not easy to do but expressing sympathy in your own words might be the best thing to.

And: speculation about the relationship between MJ & L'Wren is considered not done. Certainly after the statement made by Victoria Scarfone.
So please keep that in mind.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:09

Weird how many fans pretend to be some kind of volontary PR agents against other fans who dare speculate about what just happened to one of the most celebrated persons ever. We all understand this is horrible to Mick and her family and friends.

Still, it's perfectly normal to discuss her death, Jagger is a public figure and his whole life is part of pop culture and he partly made it thanks to tabloids and speculations about different aspects of his personal life. Dont attack fans who try to discuss this tragic but - like it or not - intriguing story.

Posted by: EG1964 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:09

RIP L'Wren. Much love goes out to her family, and of course to Mick my sympathy and heart felt support. May God SHINE A LIGHT ON YOU!

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:12

So sad. God bless us all.

Matti

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:13

Redhotcarpet
Weird how many fans pretend to be some kind of volontary PR agents against other fans who dare speculate about what just happened to one of the most celebrated persons ever. We all understand this is horrible to Mick and her family and friends.

I was thinking the same thing Mr Carpet...this place is loaded with volunteers...we need order

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:30

Cristiano Radtke
michaelsavage

My thought, too.

Yes, The Stones did the right thing
R.I.P Wren

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:32

Most of the fans who were actually going to the gigs in OZ and NZ,including BV, were probably asleep and will not know that this leg of the tour has been postponed until they get on the net.

Some of them will have travelled from one side of the earth to the other to see The Rolling Stones.

It must be deeply dissapointing not to be able to see them play live and also financially out of pocket as well.

I'm sure most of them,like us,who are hoping to see them in Europe ,will be understanding.

We have to think about Mick and L'Wrens family and friends who have still got a lot of heartache to get through.

Posted by: EG1964 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:38

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:39

michaelsavage

this is the first time i agree with you.
Jeroen

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:54

tomcasagranda
Yes,

I am finding the tabloid coverage of L'Wren's demise disturbing: did they have to be so intrusive to take a photo of Mick Jagger, when it appeared that he was deeply upset ?

To be fair, the photographer may not have known about L'Wren's death when he took the photo. He may have just been waiting outside of the restaurant for Mick to leave like all paparazzi do and took the photo then....

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:59

This was really sad news. I was thinking about this the whole day and feel very sorry for Mick.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:01

batcave
tomcasagranda
Yes,

To be fair, the photographer may not have known about L'Wren's death when he took the photo. He may have just been waiting outside of the restaurant for Mick to leave like all paparazzi do and took the photo then....

It wasn't public information at the time the photo was taken.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home