Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: For the Gearheads: Post your question to Pierre de Beauport HERE!
Date: February 27, 2014 21:17

The Sicilian
Mathijs
Pierre has offered to answer our questions concerning the equipment of the Stones. So, please post all your questions here! I will compile them and send them to Pierre, and his answers will be posted on IORR.

Please make sure your questions are relevant; only questions concerning equipment/instruments/amps will be forwarded.

Mathijs

Not being sarcastic but why do you need to forward questions when he can just log on and answer right on the forum?

He might not be a member here...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 27, 2014 21:30

DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
Mathijs
Pierre has offered to answer our questions concerning the equipment of the Stones. So, please post all your questions here! I will compile them and send them to Pierre, and his answers will be posted on IORR.

Please make sure your questions are relevant; only questions concerning equipment/instruments/amps will be forwarded.

Mathijs

Not being sarcastic but why do you need to forward questions when he can just log on and answer right on the forum?

Ok, how about setting him up with an account or VIP guest? That seems fairly easy.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: February 27, 2014 21:33

At Glastonbury Ronnie played a unique guitar on Jumping Jack Flash. Yellowish with a round blue light. Any details? Make, Model, etc?

General question about gear. Does the band rehearse pre tour with all of their gear and then decide what to take on the road or is there a set of guitars, etc. that they always travel with while adding a few new or old pieces into the mix?

And thanks for doing this. Seriously, thank you Mathijs and Mr. de Beauport.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 27, 2014 21:35

After 1989, has Keith ever seriously tried out a (radically) different amp or amps set, leaving out his beloved fender twins for a certain tour? Or in that case, has Pierre ever suggested something like this and if yes what was the outcome?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 27, 2014 21:41

Not a gearhead and hopefully not inane, but what's the story behind the pink metallic number that Billy Gibbons gave Keith and was used for Satisfaction in 02/03 and then (to the best of my knowledge) never seen again?

What are some of the highlights of his bass collection?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 27, 2014 21:49

Not a Gearhead...
Here goes anyway...

Gregg Allman mentions giving one of brother Duane Allman's National Steel guitars to Ronnie and one to Eric Clapton. Does Ronnie still have his?

Thanks!

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: February 27, 2014 22:10

The Sicilian
DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
Mathijs

Mathijs

Ok, how about setting him up with an account or VIP guest? That seems fairly easy.

Can you imagine a "live" chat? For every question answered, 3 or 4 more would follow. That would be totally chaos to manage.

Date: February 27, 2014 22:16

Torres
The Sicilian
DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
Mathijs

Mathijs

Can you imagine a "live" chat? For every question answered, 3 or 4 more would follow. That would be totally chaos to manage.

Twitter? You answer the question and move on. Are people incapable of responding to a question then scrolling to the next question and so on...or just logging out?

I just don't know how we all do it here. eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 22:18 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 27, 2014 22:17

SPellegrino
At Glastonbury Ronnie played a unique guitar on Jumping Jack Flash. Yellowish with a round blue light. Any details? Make, Model, etc?

It is a Versoul Raya Blue Lite guitar

[www.versoul.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 22:18 by MingSubu.

Date: February 27, 2014 22:58

The Sicilian
DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
Mathijs

Mathijs

Is it that bad that IORR's most skilled gearhead functions as the mediator here?

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: February 27, 2014 23:03

DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
Mathijs

Mathijs

Is it that bad that IORR's most skilled gearhead functions as the mediator here?

I bet Mathijs himself can answer many of the questions asked.

Date: February 27, 2014 23:47

DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
Mathijs

Mathijs

Not at all. How many times has HBWriter said "I'm interviewing so and so, any questions for me to ask?" and then people post all their questions and that is the last you hear of it. So lets just say I'm a skeptical person.

But no offense either way or to any of the people mentioned. Just an observation.

Date: February 27, 2014 23:47

That´s some initiative....

thumbs up

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: February 28, 2014 01:03

Can you tell us anything about Ronnie's lap steel?
Looks like a Fender Champ, any other info or stories about this one? Thanks.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 28, 2014 01:11

This is highly generous. Mathijs answers gear stuff the best he can while we "experts" give him hell if we don't like the answer. Certainly Pierre deserves some sort of filter, this is a band and crew like no other. We have made a great choice to love them but remember the real secret to the immense tones ares the players themselves, this will be fun..

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 28, 2014 01:22

Which tubes does Keith use in his Fender TWin amps?

Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: February 28, 2014 01:39

What happened to the Mesa Boogie?

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: February 28, 2014 02:20

What happened to the Zemaitis skull guitar, "Macabre"?

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: February 28, 2014 02:55

I want to know if Pierre still has the guitar he purchased at the store I worked at in Alrington VA.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: February 28, 2014 02:57

DoomandGloom
This is highly generous. Mathijs answers gear stuff the best he can while we "experts" give him hell if we don't like the answer. Certainly Pierre deserves some sort of filter, this is a band and crew like no other. We have made a great choice to love them but remember the real secret to the immense tones ares the players themselves, this will be fun..

thumbs up +1

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 28, 2014 03:53

michaelsavage
Any truth to the rumors of people playing under the stage?

Having worked for the Stones on past tours I can answer this question myself.
No...there is nobody else playing under the stage, or behind the stage!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-28 10:03 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: February 28, 2014 04:04

Ever tune up the "Rudduck" cardboard cutout mentioned in Voodoo Brew? They mentioned you.

And what was the deal when Keith ran off stage pissed off during Sympathy on the Bigger Bang tour?

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: February 28, 2014 09:45

Hi Mathjis
pls ask Pierre about Micawber's wiring.
thanks
ciao
m.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 28, 2014 10:09

The Sicilian
DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
Mathijs

Mathijs

Not at all. How many times has HBWriter said "I'm interviewing so and so, any questions for me to ask?" and then people post all their questions and that is the last you hear of it. So lets just say I'm a skeptical person.

But no offense either way or to any of the people mentioned. Just an observation.

hey sometimes i work questions in people have- its not an open forum though, they have to relate to the context of the story i'm writing- but i don't ignore them, i promise, and i have most certainly posed questions from this board- just FYI - this generous scenario here is far more specific than what i do

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 28, 2014 10:23

Were all the non-bass guitars on Jumpin' Jack Flash acoustic? Keith has answered in the affirmative to my satisfaction, but some Stones fans still insist it includes electric guitar(s).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 28, 2014 11:12

Where are the guitars Ted Newman-Jones made for Keith in the early 70's?
Does Keith still have them?

Does Keeef have MArshall amps in his collection? I seem to recall he blew one up (from 1967?) during the Steel Wheels sessions...

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: February 28, 2014 11:32

I always found it difficult to have only a few of my bandmembers using IEM on stage while others use monitors, more so if those using IEM also have a click track.

What's on Chuck Leavell's, Darryl Jones' and Mick Jagger's IEM-feed?
Do Chuck and Darryl have a click-track?

From my observations I would guess that Darryl and Chuck have a click track, as they are very tightly together, whereas Charlie "uses" Darryl as his "time-keeper".

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: February 28, 2014 11:48

Does Keith use the humbucker on Micawber?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 28, 2014 12:07

Title5Take1
Were all the non-bass guitars on Jumpin' Jack Flash acoustic? Keith has answered in the affirmative to my satisfaction, but some Stones fans still insist it includes electric guitar(s).

There is about one acoustic or two acoustics on the track, the rest is all electrics.

The process the man himself described many times for Jumpin' Jack Flash, Street Fighting Man and Parachute Woman means that overdubbing could not be done using that process.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-28 13:19 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 28, 2014 12:27

It's not fair for non-gearheads like myslf. I think we deserve an insider as well, like their fitness coach, giving Micks schedule, or their cook, supplying all those pre- and after show snacks and recipes...

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home