Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
IZZY STRADLIN' - 'Wave Of Heat'
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: March 17, 2011 17:13

Iz, the coolest Gunner?

After his first two excellent solo albums, 'Ju Ju Hounds' & '117 Degrees' I lost touch with his stuff for the main part; just discovered he had an album out Summer last year - 'Wave Of Heat'

Loose, cool spare rock'n'roll; some darn good stuff actually. Link to review and to Duff's blog (Duff plays Bass on it)

[www.uberrock.co.uk]

[blogs.seattleweekly.com]

Re: IZZY STRADLIN' - 'Wave Of Heat'
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 17, 2011 17:25

he has about 10 or 11 solo albums - i have them all!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 17, 2011 18:36

10 or 11 ? really? can you provide a list?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 17, 2011 20:09

Yeah, kinda a cool cross between Keith and Ron. And isnt the other guitarist/producer the cat from Georgia Satellites? Looks to me like the most talented one of Guns/Roses wasnt Axl OR Slash!!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 17, 2011 21:03

I don´t know Izzy work but a lot of people speak very well about his albuns. Maybe one day I listen something. I just know 1 or 2 Izzy's songs.

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-17 21:03 by carlostones10.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:16

thats one of his best solo songs!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:18

A good music writer but lyrics are a bit weak imo. Love the guy though, I missed his gig in Paris in 1992 and that's a big regret. His "Mes disques à moi" (my own records) interview with Philippe Manoeuvre is one of the greatest / most instructive interview I have ever read.

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:59

Some Izzy stuff

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:52

"I missed his gig in Paris in 1992 and that's a big regret"

Wasn't that at the Espace Ornano? Nice show (I was there) & there's a tape of it. Hope he'll tour the world soon...

Date: March 18, 2011 00:01

Shuffle it all is very nice. really is a "stones song".

Date: March 18, 2011 13:05

...JordiStones, LeonidP - and maybe others here on this board:
does anyone of you have a good FLAC-, WAV- and/or MP3-file (or even: a high-quality youtube-flic...) of one of his regular live renditions of "Jivin' Sister Fanny"?!
Been dying to hear that one ever since I found out he plays that song; but all I found up 'till now are 'handycam' (or worse: mobile phone...) AV-registrations with poor audio-quality.

Thanx a million!

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Date: March 18, 2011 13:19

guitarbastard
thats one of his best solo songs!

Hum, I thinked so so, not bad but not good. Well, I am very boring.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: March 18, 2011 13:27

dcba
Wasn't that at the Espace Ornano? Nice show (I was there) & there's a tape of it. Hope he'll tour the world soon...

I got the boot CD as well. Nice show indeed. He used to spend some time in the South of France as one of his girlfriend was french.

Date: March 18, 2011 13:32

MississippiBullfrog
...JordiStones, LeonidP - and maybe others here on this board:
does anyone of you have a good FLAC-, WAV- and/or MP3-file (or even: a high-quality youtube-flic...) of one of his regular live renditions of "Jivin' Sister Fanny"?!
Been dying to hear that one ever since I found out he plays that song; but all I found up 'till now are 'handycam' (or worse: mobile phone...) AV-registrations with poor audio-quality.

Thanx a million!

I've only seen this version:

Date: March 18, 2011 14:25

DandelionPowderman

I've only seen this version:

Yep - me too.
poor audio, imo.
If there's a better one somewhere, anyone!?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 18, 2011 14:50

Met Izzy and the Satellites guy (Rick Richards?) at a Ronnie Wood show in Atlanta in the early 90's. They were standing at the bar at the Roxy.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 18, 2011 17:16

Izzy's solo stuff is consistently quality rock and roll. His acoustic album is excellent. You can't go wrong with any of his solo stuff. Stones fans would probably like the Ju Ju Hounds album the best.

Wish he would tour more.

Date: March 18, 2011 18:12

To me, Izzy was the heart and soul of Guns N' Roses as well as their best and most consistent songwriter. He has an innate ability to craft classic sounding rock and roll with a hint of the aggression of punk. Great, great songwriter.

His solo albums are, like coffeepotman said, consistently solid and at times great. If you like The Stones, The Faces, Sex Pistols, the original Alice Cooper Band, 70's era Aerosmith you will love Izzy's solo stuff.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 18, 2011 19:09

Notice how GnR imploded after Izzy left, just shows how important he was to that band, they couldn't write and original song after he left. I think Slash is so overrated. Slash might have been the balls but Izzy was the heart and soul of that band.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 18, 2011 20:58

coffeepotman
Izzy's solo stuff is consistently quality rock and roll. His acoustic album is excellent. You can't go wrong with any of his solo stuff. Stones fans would probably like the Ju Ju Hounds album the best.

Wish he would tour more.

Played Ju Ju hounds tonight it is very good (Shuffle it all and Pressure Drop are brilliant) and of course Take A Look at the Guy features Ron. The "Pressure Drop" EP also has a great track called "Can't Hear 'Em." .

What are the best of the other solo albums?

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 18, 2011 21:03

hey guys - here's some Fanny for ya! :-)
hope you enjoy it - I can upload whole album if you'd like, oh well - mail me...

[dl.dropbox.com] IZZY STRADLIN - JIVIN' SISTER FANNY live 1992

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-18 21:03 by Amused.

Date: April 5, 2011 12:37

To LeonidP (or anyone who might know); I'm trying to locate "Ride On" and "On Down The Road" albums by Izzy; Very hard to find, even on ebay. Do you have any ideas how I can find a copy of those two albums?

Posted by: Melanie69 ()
Date: April 5, 2011 13:47

Hey Palace, just saw copy of "Ride On" on Ebay, Japanese Version, price a little steep but if you want it it's out there

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:19

carlostones10
Shuffle it all is very nice. really is a "stones song".

+1

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:52

coffeepotman
Notice how GnR imploded after Izzy left, just shows how important he was to that band, they couldn't write and original song after he left. I think Slash is so overrated. Slash might have been the balls but Izzy was the heart and soul of that band.

no doubt izzy was the main songwriter, but that doesnt make slash overrated. because slash is rated as a leadguitarplayer. and in his job his on e of the best. great tone, attitude and an incredible sense for melodies and phrasing!
together they were outstanding!!!!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 5, 2011 18:45

Palace Revolution 2000
To LeonidP (or anyone who might know); I'm trying to locate "Ride On" and "On Down The Road" albums by Izzy; Very hard to find, even on ebay. Do you have any ideas how I can find a copy of those two albums?

i do have those & can probably help (leonidp7 at gmail.com)

Date: April 5, 2011 20:56

Amused
hey guys - here's some Fanny for ya! :-)
hope you enjoy it - I can upload whole album if you'd like, oh well - mail me...

[dl.dropbox.com] IZZY STRADLIN - JIVIN' SISTER FANNY live 1992

...KILLER version!!
And about sending you an e-mail: I just did. winking smiley

Date: April 5, 2011 21:00

Palace Revolution 2000

i bought ride on when it was released and it was like $32

Date: April 6, 2011 00:28

Yeah Keef, that album is permanently high.smoking smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 6, 2011 07:03

The only song of his I know is "Cuttin' the Rug" that I like a lot. Bill German in UNDER THEIR THUMB found Izzy to be rude.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home