Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Ronnie Hints That A Duets Album May Be In Stones Future
Date: February 26, 2014 11:00

Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
I will buy it anyhow, Max smiling smiley

AND a possible studio album..

Id LOVE to buy a studio album,
I dont know if I will buy the duets thing or not.

btw- Didnt someone started a thread about this duets album a long time ago, I forget who... oh now I remember winking smiley

You did, Max! smileys with beer

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 26, 2014 11:03

Sounds a terrible idea. What I would buy, however, is a "covers" album, esp if it includes some new unreleased material like Drift Away I'll Go Crazy Love Train Nearness of You etcetera

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: February 26, 2014 11:10

Sipuncula
I think they need new marketing people.

No they do not. This would sell insanely better than a new Stones album would. The collected fanbase of these guests are hundreds of millions. They'll all buy the record or download some songs through iTunes.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 26, 2014 11:21

DandelionPowderman
Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
I will buy it anyhow, Max smiling smiley

AND a possible studio album..

Id LOVE to buy a studio album,
I dont know if I will buy the duets thing or not.

btw- Didnt someone started a thread about this duets album a long time ago, I forget who... oh now I remember winking smiley

You did, Max! smileys with beer
grinning smiley and people didnt much like the idea back then either drinking smiley

I would bet that there is nothing in the whole world that Mick Jagger would like more than to have another BIG HIT album... and to be loved by the kids again... and for DJs to say nice current things about him, and if this duets album might do that for him, then I am all for it.

Id like that for Mick, I think he deserves it, and it makes no matter if I buy the duets album or not (and I probably would not) but the kids might... and after that, they might "discover" all these other AMAZING Stones songs... and then... VOILA!! They become lifers, like most us did at some point . We are not wrong, The Stones ARE that good, they have 14 trillion aesome songs in all genres.

STONES!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 11:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 11:28

The Rolling Stones live plus special guests as an idea for a new album.
This sounds like someone who has run out of ideas and is not interested in getting back in to the studio with the band and writing/playing and creating really good songs.
If they go this route it will flop badly and the Stones reputation will be in tatters and I sincerely hope that the guys drop this idea.

Date: February 26, 2014 11:30

I didnt like all of the guests,
but I thought this one was fun, Katy and Mick having fun makes me smilsmiling smiley

But Katy seemed to distract Ronnie, and his playing, lol grinning smiley

Katy- "THE STONES!!"

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:09

Max'sKansasCity
but I thought this one was fun, Katy and Mick having fun makes me smilsmiling smiley

But Katy seemed to distract Ronnie, and his playing, lol grinning smiley

Katy- "THE STONES!!"

never seen this...pretty pretty good...at least they'd rehearsed :-)

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:13

Shott
How bout a godamn Mick and Keith Duet???
smileys with beer

Date: February 26, 2014 12:18

exhpart
Max'sKansasCity
but I thought this one was fun, Katy and Mick having fun makes me smilsmiling smiley But Katy seemed to distract Ronnie, and his playing, lol grinning smiley

Katy- "THE STONES!!"

never seen this...pretty pretty good...at least they'd rehearsed :-)
smileys with beer

Certainly a lot better than whats-her-name blowing Wild Horse badly.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:53

<<How bout a godamn Mick and Keith Duet???>>

Because when Keith sings, Mick has to leave the stage. Keith has it written into his contract.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: February 26, 2014 13:08

Please, please, no! The Stones get watered down enough! Not even blues duets - they're not a blues band and there are plenty of bands with better blues chops. Any other artists - no way. They're not teenagers any more and they don't need the money. Don't further soil the legacy with sub-standard albums.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 26, 2014 13:57

Tom waits would be cool

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 26, 2014 14:27

When such crazy ideas arise is because there are no new ideas!! They don't move me in the way they used to long long ago....No new music, no surprises, no risks, no energy... Even Mick Taylor involvement is so light.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 26, 2014 14:35

Geez. Bad sign. I's prefer a duet within the band. Keith and Charlie working on some material would be more interesting. And Taylor.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 26, 2014 14:44

Could be the first Stones album I don't buy and don't have any interesting in hearing.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 26, 2014 14:57

Why spend six months in the studio making a "good" album that only 100,000 hardcore Stones fans are going to buy when it would only take Mick a couple of days to throw together a product that not only would be commercially successful in and of itself, but might also potentially turn a whole new generation onto their entire catalog?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 15:01 by tatters.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 26, 2014 15:37

Well, since they have become a MOR and Vegas act,it will probably happen at some poit,l will not buy it,but l am sure there will be a market for it...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 26, 2014 15:57

Bad news ...

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: February 26, 2014 15:59

Worst idea ever.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2014 16:28

How about a duet's album featuring Mick Taylor on all the songs?

I like compromise.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:04

If it really sees the light one day, it would be another case of business model ruling over artistic integrity.

Date: February 26, 2014 17:05

treacle will buy this duets album, he has too, it is not even his choice anymore winking smiley

He will actually probably buy 3 copies, unless they release it 5 colors, thenb he will buy 5, maybe 6 drinking smiley

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 17:06 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:08

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:12

Max'sKansasCity
Uh, people are aware that buying this/any album is optional, right?
Same with listening to any album... that is pretty much optional also.

Wait. What? I thought we were forced to buy and listen to Dirty Work.

Date: February 26, 2014 17:16

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
Uh, people are aware that buying this/any album is optional (for most people), right?
Same with listening to any album... that is pretty much optional also.

Wait. What? I thought we were forced to buy and listen to Dirty Work.
You were, but they have since relaxed the rules... for some... others still have to buy every release, and multiple copies of them.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:21

Pecman
As a Stones fan...I love everything they do...but if you remove yourself and your bias...when was the last time the had a song that moved the masses?

I would hate to see them go out with a collaboration album.

Mick just doesn't understand how great The Stones are and they don't need any side salad to be great.

I was so pissed on the Shine A Light movie when they interviewed who happened to be popular at the moment to give their prospective on The Stones.

People are going to look at that movie in time and say "who are these people to give their opinion?"

Do you think the Kings Of Leon are going to last 20 years?...to be worthy of offering their opinion in that movie?....pa...leeeezzzzeeee.

Well, for one, I DO NOT love everything they do. Being a Stones fan does not include loving everything they do. That's... whack.

Obviously the last song that moved the masses was Start Me Up but I think Mixed Emotions somewhat did too, strictly as a sign that they got together and did something and it sounds pretty good considering...

Kings Of Leon in SHINE A LIGHT was strictly a generational thing. Probably some 'too much tea' highness of Mick thinking it would 'speak' to younger generations. Not sure how that translates into people, young people, going to see that movie.

Ronnie speaking off the cuff about something that has no relevance to anything other than a mere idea of just another live album by the Stones but filled completely with guest spots is only a duets album that MAY be in the Stones future. Fortunately that implies the opposite. Let's hope it remains that way.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:19

They really are getting old now.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:37

I mentioned during the US tour last year that the fact that they were duetting on different songs every night with different artists, many of whom were UMG stablemates, showed all the signs of a live duets album or DVD being a possible future release - so I was sort of relieved when they put out Hyde Park instead. Even though the content was predictable it was a better option that a collection of duets that could have been called 'From the Sublime to the Ridiculous'.

Sorry to hear the idea might have some validity after all. If its a live collection from last year, its a bit late, and there'd need to be some serious overdubbing, as many of the duets were poorly rehearsed and all over the place. A studio record of polished 'superstar' duets of old Stones classics with various flavours of the month as some kind of 'crossover' project to appeal to the masses just sounds horrendously cheesy and an act of utter commercial desperation.

However, the fact that Ronnie doesnt really have a good track record for predicting future Stones projects leaves me reasonably optimistic that it'll never happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 18:39 by Gazza.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:51

I'd wait to hear something from Charlie, for a reliable source..

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:51

Well,I found some of those duets quite good. You could see how they really brought back some energy to Mick.And there were some good partners as well.
So at this part of the game - why not?!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home