Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Ronnie Hints That A Duets Album May Be In Stones Future
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 27, 2014 11:41

So what if they make a duets album, its money for them and it will not make a scrap of difference to us, so why not. We don't have to buy it!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 27, 2014 12:12

pgarof
So what if they make a duets album, its money for them and it will not make a scrap of difference to us, so why not. We don't have to buy it!
thumbs up period.

In other news, upon hearing that Mick might wear a pair of brown shoes today, some fans began protesting wildly, gasping and exclaiming "BROWN SHOES!!! NO MICK NO!! DON'T DO IT!!! OH THE HORROR!!!! grinning smiley

In still other news, upon hearing that Taylor Swift and/or Lady Gaga might release a new song (of any type with anyone) their respective fans began camping out in anticipation of buying their usual 2,000,000 trillion copies of any song/album of theirs as soon as it it released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 12:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 27, 2014 12:26

Rock and Grohl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 13:03 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 27, 2014 15:55

One could put together a great CD of Mick (Carly Simon, Peter Wolf, etc.) and Keith (Levon Helm, Nora Jones, etc.) duets.

Not to mention the great Stones songs where they sang harmony (Sweet Virginia, etc.).

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: February 27, 2014 19:57

poor me, still dreaming naively of a "new millenium Beggars' Banquet" as their final studio effort.

They are gonna end up like Barry Manilow. They are gonna end up singing with Barry Manilow!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 20:05 by zumabitch.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: February 27, 2014 20:06

Dear God..NO! THis cannot happen. All credibility will be forever lost, it's bad enough that they have guest spots on stage (and unnecessary) but the thought of an album with guests is the bottom of the barrel. Have musicians and singers come in to play a part yes, but to write new songs specifically to duet with people is not the way I want to see the Stones end their careers. There is so much more they can do and finish on a high. THis is Jagger's obsession with trying to stay hip and it won;t work. Some of the guests on this last tour have been just dreadful.

Date: February 27, 2014 20:17

If they release a duets album the sky will fall ! !

The sky is falling ! The sky is falling !

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 27, 2014 21:45

They did alright on Deuces Wild, doing Paying The Cost with BB King.

They also did ok on Rocky Road to Dublin with the Chieftains, but no more duets.

Posted by: gtx8834 ()
Date: February 27, 2014 23:12

i love live albums from the stones every time they do atour they but a new live album out but a new album out in stead a enough with the live albums

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 27, 2014 23:32

It's a complete nonstory from a dubious news source, but still fun to get our blood pressure raised a little.

Coincidentally, I'm watching Run-DMC's Walk This Way redo with Steven and Joe. Did wonders for both acts' careers. The Stones career isn't in the gutter like Aerosmith's was at the time, but an innovative deconstruction of an old tune with a cutting-edge act (i.e. NONE of the people the Stones have had up on stage except maybe for Black Keys or Jack White) could be interesting. Daft Punk + Nile Rodgers? Of course, Keith would veto. But if you play it safe you get junk like the John Fogerty duets record.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 23:33 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: February 27, 2014 23:49

How about a "DUETS" album where they play all of Exile in order, and the only guest is Mick Taylor.

I would enjoy seeing a Duet collection, but would rather have new music Mick and Keith write together, for a change or pace...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 28, 2014 02:45

zumabitch
poor me, still dreaming naively of a "new millenium Beggars' Banquet" as their final studio effort.

They are gonna end up like Barry Manilow. They are gonna end up singing with Barry Manilow!!

Mick's ready!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 28, 2014 03:01

That Mick Jagger impersonator doing Mandy isn't even good.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 28, 2014 04:04

stonehearted
That Mick Jagger impersonator doing Mandy isn't even good.

Parts of it sounded Mickish, but I agree weak overall.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 28, 2014 10:14

crumbling_mice
Dear God..NO! THis cannot happen. All credibility will be forever lost, it's bad enough that they have guest spots on stage (and unnecessary) but the thought of an album with guests is the bottom of the barrel. Have musicians and singers come in to play a part yes, but to write new songs specifically to duet with people is not the way I want to see the Stones end their careers. There is so much more they can do and finish on a high. THis is Jagger's obsession with trying to stay hip and it won;t work. Some of the guests on this last tour have been just dreadful.

smileys with beerhot smiley
jeroen

Posted by: fourflicks ()
Date: February 28, 2014 15:31

just look at the numbers the Stones played on the 50 and counting tour with their guests. more or less every guest joined in on a different number with very few exceptions.

Gimme Shelter: Mary J. Blige, Florence Welsh, Lady Gaga
I'm Going Dow: Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr., John Mayer
Champagne and Reefer: Eric Clapton, John Mayer
Respectable: John Mayer, Keith Urban
Bitch: Dave Grohl, Gary Clark Jr.

all other songs had only been sung by one artist

Who Do You Love: Black Keys
Tumbling Dice: Bruce Springsteen
Wild Horses: Gwen Stefani
Little Red Rooster: Tom Waits
It's All Over Now: John Fogerty
Let It Bleed: Bonnie Raitt
Beast Of Burden: Katy Perry
IORR: Carrie Underwood
Six Days On The Road: Taj Mahal
All Down The Line: Sheryl Crow
As Tears Go By: Taylor Swift
The Last Time: Win Butler
Dead Flowers: Brad Paisley
Under The Boardwalk: Aaron Neville

I am aware that not all versions were perfect and can be used right away for a live album (without any overdubs)
But is this pure coincindence everyone had a different song?
I doubt it, and ever since they had the guests and this song selection I expected exactly what Ronnie mentioned to come - but that's just my 2 cents

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2014 15:54

I was convinced at the time that these songs were chosen for such a project for that reason - and also because a very large proportion of the acts were either on UMG or on sister companies of that record label. So it would have been easy to get clearance to use the performances.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 28, 2014 15:57

tomcasagranda
They did alright on Deuces Wild, doing Paying The Cost with BB King.

They also did ok on Rocky Road to Dublin with the Chieftains, but no more duets.

With BB was fantastic! But making a Stones Duets album themselves from this 50 & Counting material is something else sad smiley

Date: February 28, 2014 15:58

But... but... if they release this, Won't life as we know it cease to exist?
Dogs and cats living together!! Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies!! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes.... volcanoes... Human sacrifice... mass hysteria!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

Posted by: fourflicks ()
Date: February 28, 2014 16:56

I didn't know about the record label(s) of these artists but this makes it even more likely Gazza. Maybe we will some more this year and then get a best of 2012-14 or so.
The only thing that made me feel I might be wrong is the song selection as most of these songs have been released on their last 2-3 live albums.
so except the duett nothing new live

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 28, 2014 17:18

There will not be a studio record with guests, but did anyone doubt for a second that there would be a live cd collected from all of those guest appearances?

Only question now is will the lead single be Beast of Burden with Katy Perry or As Tears Go By with Taylor Swift? Pathetic, but it will sell.

P.S. Mick, stop wasting your time trying to keep up with 23 year old pop stars (who nobody will remember in two years) and make the late day classic the world has been waiting for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-28 17:19 by James Kirk.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: February 28, 2014 18:46

Maybe just a set of guest singles on iTunes. They didn't do enough variety to warrant an album. But I bet they would make some money from releasing singles in the way on iTunes, etc. $1.99 USD per song?

I also think they will do another limited live release of 14 on Fire just like Hyde Park but I would rather have Glastonbury.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 28, 2014 19:06

That is a great idea spell...I wouldn't mind some good sounding versions from some of the duets.I thought a few were really good.

Date: February 28, 2014 19:15

James Kirk
There will not be a studio record with guests, but did anyone doubt for a second that there would be a live cd collected from all of those guest appearances?

Only question now is will the lead single be Beast of Burden with Katy Perry or As Tears Go By with Taylor Swift? Pathetic, but it will sell.

P.S. Mick, stop wasting your time trying to keep up with 23 year old pop stars (who nobody will remember in two years) and make the late day classic the world has been waiting for.

I think Mick's reply would be (in his best southern 'Francis Underwood' impersonation):

"James Tiberius Kirk, quit wasting your time on a message board telling me what to do when you know I don't even read this damn message board".

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 28, 2014 19:24

This really would be the worst thing ever. Don't even bother pretending to be recording artists any more boys.........you've lost it.

I've been listening to recent albums by Bruce , Macca and Elton - The Stones haven't been that consistent since Some Girls !

They are what they are.......a greatest hits touring machine.It's been that way since 1989. Accept it.

sc uk

Date: February 28, 2014 19:31

straycatuk
This really would be the worst thing ever. Don't even bother pretending to be recording artists any more boys.........you've lost it.

I've been listening to recent albums by Bruce , Macca and Elton - The Stones haven't been that consistent since Some Girls !

They are what they are.......a greatest hits touring machine.It's been that way since 1989. Accept it.

sc uk

I think Mick's reply would be (in his best southern 'Francis Underwood' impersonation):

"you sir, are out of line. I bet you haven't been all that consistent since Some Girls either. Quit wasting your time on a message board telling me what to do when you know I don't even read this damn message board".

Date: February 28, 2014 19:35

grinning smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 28, 2014 19:36

fourflicks
just look at the numbers the Stones played on the 50 and counting tour with their guests. more or less every guest joined in on a different number with very few exceptions.

Gimme Shelter: Mary J. Blige, Florence Welsh, Lady Gaga
I'm Going Dow: Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr., John Mayer
Champagne and Reefer: Eric Clapton, John Mayer
Respectable: John Mayer, Keith Urban
Bitch: Dave Grohl, Gary Clark Jr.

all other songs had only been sung by one artist

Who Do You Love: Black Keys
Tumbling Dice: Bruce Springsteen
Wild Horses: Gwen Stefani
Little Red Rooster: Tom Waits
It's All Over Now: John Fogerty
Let It Bleed: Bonnie Raitt
Beast Of Burden: Katy Perry
IORR: Carrie Underwood
Six Days On The Road: Taj Mahal
All Down The Line: Sheryl Crow
As Tears Go By: Taylor Swift
The Last Time: Win Butler
Dead Flowers: Brad Paisley
Under The Boardwalk: Aaron Neville

I am aware that not all versions were perfect and can be used right away for a live album (without any overdubs) . .

But again, some of these were good!
And what would be the alternative? Another live album of those tour set-lists?

Take the best of that lot plus some Taylor stuff and the one or two rarities played. Would be okay for me. Really who needs another greatest hits live album?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 28, 2014 19:40

A SuperHeavy reunion might be more interesting... confused smiley

SuperHeavy- featuring additional special guests Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 28, 2014 21:27

treaclefingers
straycatuk

sc uk

"you sir, are out of line. I bet you haven't been all that consistent since Some Girls either. Quit wasting your time on a message board telling me what to do when you know I don't even read this damn message board".

You are right of course. He dosen't give a flying f**k about opinions expressed here. I thought about holding up signs at gigs to get his attention, but unless I can grow to 9ft tall he won't see them from that stage eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home