Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Ronnie Hints That A Duets Album May Be In Stones Future
Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: February 28, 2014 22:44

I'm not hot on the idea mostly because most of the people they will pick to do it with I don't really care about. I think they should do a full classic country songs album.

El Paso

Ronnie & Keith have the country thing down.

I think they should cover songs like this

Behind Closed Doors

Please Help Me I'm Falling

Making Believe

Bob Willis Is Still The King

I mean this was the best thing I have heard them play in years. Plus they look like they are diggin' it.

I'd love for them to cover this song. Here's 2 versions.

Rattlesnake Daddy

however maybe do it more like this version

Rattlesnake Daddy

Harper Valley PTA

The guy here playing guitar tears it up the slide. Love to see ronnie playin the slide like this.

Rose Garden

Honky Tonkin'

I'll never get out of this world alive

I'm leaving it up to you

Here's a rock song i'd love to hear them cover. I can hear them rockin this one from the first note

It's alright

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2014 23:22

CousinC
fourflicks
just look at the numbers the Stones played on the 50 and counting tour with their guests. more or less every guest joined in on a different number with very few exceptions.

Gimme Shelter: Mary J. Blige, Florence Welsh, Lady Gaga
I'm Going Dow: Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr., John Mayer
Champagne and Reefer: Eric Clapton, John Mayer
Respectable: John Mayer, Keith Urban
Bitch: Dave Grohl, Gary Clark Jr.

all other songs had only been sung by one artist

Who Do You Love: Black Keys
Tumbling Dice: Bruce Springsteen
Wild Horses: Gwen Stefani
Little Red Rooster: Tom Waits
It's All Over Now: John Fogerty
Let It Bleed: Bonnie Raitt
Beast Of Burden: Katy Perry
IORR: Carrie Underwood
Six Days On The Road: Taj Mahal
All Down The Line: Sheryl Crow
As Tears Go By: Taylor Swift
The Last Time: Win Butler
Dead Flowers: Brad Paisley
Under The Boardwalk: Aaron Neville

I am aware that not all versions were perfect and can be used right away for a live album (without any overdubs) . .

But again, some of these were good!
And what would be the alternative? Another live album of those tour set-lists?

Take the best of that lot plus some Taylor stuff and the one or two rarities played. Would be okay for me. Really who needs another greatest hits live album?

Some them were very good indeed (Waits, Taj Mahal to name but two). Some of them were, however, toe-curling. The occasional guest appearance on a live record - fine. But an album full of briefly rehearsed ones consisting mostly of pairings that add nothing to their legacy and which arent going to appeal to the fans of either act involved? Who's that going to be aimed at? a Taylor Swift fan might, just might download a copy of the song she did with those wrinkly old guys - theyre not going to buy the whole thing and start discovering Stones' music as a result.

Why does the 'alternative' only have to be the same sort of live album that theyve done before? Or even any live album at all? There has already been a live record from the 2013 tour. There really doesnt have to be a second one. The performances and variety of song selections doesnt really warrant it.

Coming up on nine years now since the band's last studio record. Dont think its much of an expectation of a band with three songwriters to be capable of cobbling a dozen songs together. If they're still really a 'band', that is. Or even finishing off one of those deluxe editions of one of their best albums - something that was understood to be at an advanced planning stage not so long ago.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 28, 2014 23:31

straycatuk
treaclefingers
straycatuk
This really would be the worst thing ever. Don't even bother pretending to be recording artists any more boys.........you've lost it.

I've been listening to recent albums by Bruce , Macca and Elton - The Stones haven't been that consistent since Some Girls !

They are what they are.......a greatest hits touring machine.It's been that way since 1989. Accept it.

sc uk

I think Mick's reply would be (in his best southern 'Francis Underwood' impersonation):

"you sir, are out of line. I bet you haven't been all that consistent since Some Girls either. Quit wasting your time on a message board telling me what to do when you know I don't even read this damn message board".

You are right of course. He dosen't give a flying f**k about opinions expressed here. I thought about holding up signs at gigs to get his attention, but unless I can grow to 9ft tall he won't see them from that stage eye rolling smiley

sc uk

OK, if I may, Mick's reply to this in his best southern 'Francis Underwood' drawl:

"you sir, are again, out of line. I may not give a flying f**k about the opinions expressed here, I will give you that. But if you committed to putting in the effort to creating, on your own, a giant sign to hold up at an upcoming concert, I would be sure to stop mid song, and read it.

Also, if you do grow 9 feet tall, I promise to consider using you in our next video, should we ever record a new song, ever. Now, quit wasting your time on a message board telling me what to do when you know I don't even read this damn message board"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 28, 2014 23:43

sooooo.... yer sayin theres a chance?

Date: February 28, 2014 23:43

or are you saying you agree KEITH IS the Samurai

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 28, 2014 23:45

Have not bought the last consert albums and will not even consider buying a new one even if it's called duets. Have neither bought Exile and SG Deluxe releases, as it just includes semi-finished songs and already released songs (have heard them once on the Internet - the same thing counts for other artists).

The only thing that could encourage me buying one more Stones CD is one with new songs. (I have all Stones CDs with new recorded material - included Metamorphosis and Tatoo You)

Date: March 1, 2014 00:51

Max'sKansasCity

OK, if I may, Mick's reply to this in his best southern 'Francis Underwood' drawl:

"oh, I do believe you're referrin' to, as John Lennon once put it, 'your old soul brother Keith Richards'.

Keith as the samurai...I...don't...think so.

Let's leave him best known as the towering literary icon that he is, and occasional rhythm guitar player."

Date: March 1, 2014 01:24

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity

"oh, I do believe you're referrin' to, as John Lennon once put it, 'your old soul brother Keith Richards'.

Keith as the samurai...I...don't...think so.

Let's leave him best known as the towering literary icon that he is, and occasional rhythm guitar player."
[www.iorr.org]

Photos by Bjornulf Vik

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: March 1, 2014 06:52

PLEASE OH PLEASE NOOOO!!!!

No duests album!

That is the end all be all worst idea ever!

I'd rather have the Rolling Stones LiVE @ the stadium vol. 19!

What a terrible way to kill a legacy!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 1, 2014 12:05

So far, no guests and no hint of guests on the current tour. Maybe they are not so keen on the idea as they were? (fingers crossed: I like to take my Stones neat!)

Some of the performances on fourflicks' list were good or at least interesting, but even some of the better guests were seriously under-rehearsed and under-used - not much of a treat for their fans. There's also the fact that some numbers had more than one good-quality guest on different nights (who would you pick for Gimme Shelter, Going Down, Respectable or Bitch?) And some of the younger eye-candy, especially the country ones, are not that well known outside the US (I know, I know, you don't know who Florence Welch is, either...) In short, I don't think there are enough decent live performances there to make an album - and as for a studio album of duets - well, heaven forbid.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: March 2, 2014 01:50

A new studio album in the spring of 2016 with 15 show in USA East Coast, Glastonbury & Hyde Park...Without duets!!

Date: March 2, 2014 05:53

mailexile67
A new studio album in the spring of 2016 with 15 show in USA East Coast, Glastonbury & Hyde Park...Without duets!!

I wholeheartedly agree...no sense in having a new album for at least two more years.

That would make it 11 years since ABB. That sounds about right.

What do you hope will be on the future "Duets" Live Album?
Date: July 13, 2014 00:05

Since there is a download live album of the Stones together with some of their guests from the recent tours in the plans, I thought about, which Stones-guest performances I would like to be on this.

Do Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman count as guests of this kind, so their appearances will be represented? Do you think, the club performance of Love in Vain with Mick Taylor was good enough to be on this album? To my knowledge no Youtube or other recording of this one-off performance has leaked, so there would be a major interest in this song by certain fans, who are maybe not that interested in other guests like Lady Gaga. Are they aware of this and did they consider to put the song on the album? I would love to hear it!!!

I liked some of the guests, others were bad or even horrible. Will they release all guest apperances never the less, to not give one of them a feeling of "Oh, I was not good enough to be on this album", or will they choose? Will there be several Gimme Shelters or just one?

Among others I for sure would love to hear a professinal recording of Jeff Beck with the Stones on Going Down in 2012:

P. S.: Hopefully they will also make a new studio album!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-13 01:14 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Re: What do you hope will be on the possible "Duets" Live Album?
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 13, 2014 00:19

Respectable with keith urban
Gimme shelter with florence walsh

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 13, 2014 00:29

Let me preface this by saying Jeff Beck is great but..............that was the most godawful noise. It ruined the entire song for me.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 13, 2014 00:29

ALL of them I'll skip the artists I don't like. Overdubs and punch-ins are allowed too...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 13, 2014 00:38

The album is already done, mix and everything, only contractual issues are being arranged, it could be released anytime during the next months, it will be an iTunes only release, full videos of each duet will be up on youtube too.
Source: people from iTunes US store.

Date: July 13, 2014 01:02

EJM
Respectable with keith urban
Gimme shelter with florence walsh

I didn't know this performance yet. I like it, too.

And the performance with Florence Welch I also like.

Did Keith actually play better here than on recent Gimme Shelters? His solo at least tends to be bad, when Lisa Fisher comes to play her game with Keith on stage. This always distracts him and I don't like the result at all. He's best, when focussed.

beachbreak
Let me preface this by saying Jeff Beck is great but..............that was the most godawful noise. It ruined the entire song for me.

This was exactly what I thought myself, when I first heard it. But this totally changed after another or more listens. It is noisy, but also wonderfully crazy and so much fun on stage.

Date: July 13, 2014 01:04

georgelicks
The album is already done, mix and everything, only contractual issues are being arranged, it could be released anytime during the next months, it will be an iTunes only release, full videos of each duet will be up on youtube too.
Source: people from iTunes US store.

Does this mean, they will remove some of the inofficial fan videos from Youtube??? Should I better download some of my favourites before?

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: July 13, 2014 01:05

If this happens it will be the first Rolling Stones album I have no desire to purchase, not including greatest hits albums

Re: What do you hope will be on the future "Duets" Live Album?
Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: July 13, 2014 01:23

From a distance Beck still looks just like he did 40 yrs ago. How he do dat?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 13, 2014 01:50

rob51
From a distance Beck still looks just like he did 40 yrs ago. How he do dat?

Easy. His wrinkles are stretched out over his nose.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 13, 2014 01:59

J-J-Flash
If this happens it will be the first Rolling Stones album I have no desire to purchase, not including greatest hits albums

+1. I'm sure I'll get it, but I'll probably play it once.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 13, 2014 02:28

I'm hoping for an extended version of this.

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: July 13, 2014 03:25

Somebody mentioned that there is "download live album" of the Stones duets from the tour. Does anyone have the link to that. Would love to hear an unauthorized version before the official one comes out

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 13, 2014 03:29

Tom waits little red rooster was fun

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 13, 2014 04:20

"Six Days on the Road" better be on it!!!

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 13, 2014 04:35

I will not be spending my money on this. Not my cup of tea.

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 13, 2014 05:16

Aaron Neville was good

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 13, 2014 07:05

i won't believe there will be such an "album" until i layed eyes on it.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home