Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 26
Re: Abu Dhabi Feb 3 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:15

Well, it was worth doing the trip from the tiny Denia costal town, Alicante, Spain, to the Emirates.
I was in the grand stand.
This are the Stones on a Far East Tour, stage is savvy and a money saver travel kit - reminds me the travel kit stage in Honk Kong 2003 – unless it is Ferrari World artefact -
So you won’t see more GRRR Gorilla or time capsule with black and white, doctored images. Bottom line, Stones are rolling forever, the 50 anniversary is history. Good – I have been to four GRRR shows (London 1, 2, Toronto 1, Chicago 1) and it’s time for a change
Start me up: a bit fat to my taste (sorry Keith) but entertaining, but who cares?
You got me rocking: Yes, a retro classic song from the nineties (who can believe that?) -
Emotional rescue: of course, the song for the EAU – the Arab charger verse was way over the mix, you could heard it in Oman – it seems they play it funkier, I think the horns play it different...
Angie: another treat, another classic, perfect for a first time ever Stones show in Abu Dhabi
Slipping away: false start, cool Keith “let’s do it again” Thank you Mick Taylor – a pity the gentleman next to me with a kilt was talking too loud to his mates, never mind, he was a good guy
Midnight rambler, we love it, I can’t get enough of it
JJF: was on purpose? D. Jones was blasting a wall of sound, from where I was, I could hardly hear Keith –
Very cool crowd... Too much beer.... Guys, what is the point? I had two glasses of Cabernet before the show, I was feeling really well, but there is no need to fall down because you can’t stand it, or being like waiters moving all the time to refill the tray. I saw two other gents almost killed falling in the stairs of the grand stand.
Mick talking in Arabic was a must, and he seemed to enjoy it for sure, first degree, second degree, who knows? I wished I had understood what he said (half of my family speak it, Middle East heritage, but I don’t, shame on me). Anyway, even it sounds like a cliché, I was happy the guys had the guts to do the show there
Looking forward four other shows in Australia... I can't wait for Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.. No, I'm joking, of course I can wait, who wants to get older faster ?
I kiss you good night

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:15

Rokyfan
Rolling Hansie
michaelsavage
DEmerson
muenke
The setlist is a joke, I mean the real one ...

Agreed. What a disappointment.

Exactly. Well said

LMFAO ... three whiners in a row. Is this an Olympic record ? Gold, Silver and Bronse.
But Seriously Now, can anyone please explain to me, why you care, if you weren't even there ?
\

1.first you explain how everyone who doesn't agree with you becomes a "whiner"?

2.And what does it take from there to becoming a hater?

3.And you really don't get that it bugs some people that a band they cared about is going out as a joke? Not saying you have to agree, but you really don't see the point?

1.My post has nothing to do with who agrees with me or who doesn't. I just noticed 3 whiners in a row and thought that was quite funny. Hence the LMFAO.

2.No idea what you mean with "hater". I never speak in those terms.

3.And yes, I really don't get it why people keep on nagging about a setlist from a show that they didn't even attend. That question was meant totally serious.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:17

This makes it easier NOT to travel far anymore...

Re: I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:17

I AGREE HANS ON THIS....AND
I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:21

How stupid. Someone criticizes the setlist and they are a "whiner." It's a stupid meaningless internet word like hater, that's why I asked. They are both a substitute for actual thought.

Date: February 21, 2014 22:22

Max'sKansasCity
I AGREE HANS ON THIS....AND
I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!!

Right on Max

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES !!! smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:23

smileys with beer

AND ITS NOW THE WEEKEND!!

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:23

we all do

Date: February 21, 2014 22:25

Rokyfan
"whiner." ..... internet word like hater ..... both a substitute for actual thought.

Thank you for the language lesson.

-------------------

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:27

Once again, this thread has it all:

1. "the whiners"
2. the people complaining about the whiners
3. the people who are just happy the Stones are back
4. the people who would like to see more but know it will never happen
5. the song counters
6. the smart asses

The only thing missing, soon to be rectified I'm sure, is BV chiming in with his positive comments and taking little shots the whiners which will be quickly followed by his personality cult giving him thumbs up's or "couldn't agree more".

I'm so glad the tour has started!

Posted by: EJM ()

Thank you joker - live reports always give a great picture of how it is feeling for those who can't be there

The Joker
Well, it was worth doing the trip from the tiny Denia costal town, Alicante, Spain, to the Emirates.

Thank you Joker. I am glad you had a good time

-------------------

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:28

It's good that we all get on so well.

Date: February 21, 2014 22:29

fahthree
I'm so glad the tour has started!

smiling smiley LOL, me too

-------------------

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:30

Here's my 2 cents about today's concert and the setlist.

We all know that the Stones play some surprises here and there, and today's setlist was very predictable. For those of us who were sitting here reading and following the updates, it may be a boring one.

But what I think is that what's boring is not being there watching the concert. All of us who have attended a Stones concert can probably be a little disappointed because they didn't played this or that song, but that's the game.

I did not attended as many concerts as wanted and like many of you here did, but I can assure you I had fun at all of them, with a predictable setlist or not.

And now, let's wait for the Tokyo concerts.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-21 22:37 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: February 21, 2014 22:30

Max'sKansasCity
smileys with beer

Yeah, TV and beer, cheers smileys with beer Seeyas

-------------------

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:33

DEmerson
I mean I'm not sure you if you tried if you could put together a more safe, dull, pedestrian, unimaginative, mainstream, cautious, tired, undemanding, lightweight, and shallow of a set list. Like lots of folks are saying, it's only the 1st show, and everyone surely had a good time etc.

And yet, for someone who lives in the UAE and has never seen the Stones before, this setlist is a dream come true (the people who travel the globe seeing multiple shows are in the minority), and as you say yourself everybody surely had a good time. I sure as hell would have, no matter how many times I see them!

(I got the right day this time.)

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:34

I think that Mick-Keith-Charlie-Ronnie really enjoy the reharsals to meet and play their wishes but after on tour they got their formula that works for the 99% of the audience.

It's not a problem of the "new" Abu Dhabi audience. I'm pretty sure that next concerts will have a very similar setlist. Just take a fast view of what happened in 2013 USA shows. 15 songs appeared night after night. Keith chose two songs between Before They Make Me Run, Happy or You Got The Silver, and you can have any samll surprise because everything is complete predictible.

Anyway I love the Stones. I wish to be in Abu Dhabi and follow the complete tour listening night after night the same songs.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:41

The setlist all in all is really good. "Angie" is a very good choice and as I read here and watched small clips, they played on a high level. It could be a bit longer set - 21 or 22 songs - but it looks like they enjoyed playing a bit shorter than on 50 & Counting.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:46

TheBlockbuster
I wish the Stones would be more like Dream Theater - change ALL songs on their setlist for every new tour.

I didn't know DT had "songs" I thought they had exercises in musical wankery...

Back to AD : the new tour is like a girl you fans are courting, you had your 1st date tonight, you didn't get laid so you're very angry/frustrated but don't worry the 2nd with the lady is on Feb. 26 so don't despair...

(sorry about the analogy Mick J.!) grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-21 23:24 by dcba.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:56

dcba
TheBlockbuster
I wish the Stones would be more like Dream Theater - change ALL songs on their setlist for every new tour.

I didn't DT had "songs" I thought they had exercises in musical wankery...

Musical wankery?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:57

The Joker
I was in the grand stand.
This are the Stones on a Far East Tour, stage is savvy and a money saver travel kit - reminds me the travel kit stage in Honk Kong 2003 – unless it is Ferrari World artefact -
So you won’t see more GRRR Gorilla or time capsule with black and white, doctored images. Bottom line, Stones are rolling forever, the 50 anniversary is history. Good – I have been to four GRRR shows (London 1, 2, Toronto 1, Chicago 1) and it’s time for a change
Start me up: a bit fat to my taste (sorry Keith) but entertaining, but who cares?
You got me rocking: Yes, a retro classic song from the nineties (who can believe that?) -
Emotional rescue: of course, the song for the EAU – the Arab charger verse was way over the mix, you could heard it in Oman – it seems they play it funkier, I think the horns play it different...
Angie: another treat, another classic, perfect for a first time ever Stones show in Abu Dhabi
Slipping away: false start, cool Keith “let’s do it again” Thank you Mick Taylor – a pity the gentleman next to me with a kilt was talking too loud to his mates, never mind, he was a good guy
Midnight rambler, we love it, I can’t get enough of it
JJF: was on purpose? D. Jones was blasting a wall of sound, from where I was, I could hardly hear Keith –
Very cool crowd... Too much beer.... Guys, what is the point? I had two glasses of Cabernet before the show, I was feeling really well, but there is no need to fall down because you can’t stand it, or being like waiters moving all the time to refill the tray. I saw two other gents almost killed falling in the stairs of the grand stand.
Mick talking in Arabic was a must, and he seemed to enjoy it for sure, first degree, second degree, who knows? I wished I had understood what he said (half of my family speak it, Middle East heritage, but I don’t, shame on me). Anyway, even it sounds like a cliché, I was happy the guys had the guts to do the show there
Looking forward four other shows in Australia... I can't wait for Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.. No, I'm joking, of course I can wait, who wants to get older faster ?
I kiss you good night

Because maybe we plan to see a future show, and after rehearsing SSC and ST, it really sucks to see the SOS set list, understand that?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:59

in their site they manage 2 encores!!!

ENCORE 1

Sympathy For The Devil

Brown Sugar

ENCORE 2

You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with the Al Khubairat Singers)

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 23:03

can someone please confirm this double encore crap? did they really leave the stage after brown sugar? i'd like to make sure i have it right at setlist.fm.

thanks

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 23:04

SimonN
odean73
SimonN
Hello,
I suppose my favourite part of the band playing live shows again is that it brings the thoroughly, excellently nay magnificently dysfunctional IORR family back together again, hah-hah-hah!
Just look at how many fellow loons are online...gold rings on ya' all!
Cheers,
Simon.

Hi Simon,
Hope you doing one of the UK shows this year?thumbs up

Hi Mike,

It'll depend on a couple of things/stars aligning, not least ticket prices...you can bet that I'll be keeping tabs on Sir Mick's itinerary.
In the meantime let's have a beer!

Cheers,

Simon.

Glass of wine in my hand now.

I will sort you out a ticket after looking after me at Hyde Park Haha

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 21, 2014 23:08

llargueras

It's not a problem of the "new" Abu Dhabi audience. I'm pretty sure that next concerts will have a very similar setlist. Just take a fast view of what happened in 2013 USA shows. 15 songs appeared night after night. Keith chose two songs between Before They Make Me Run, Happy or You Got The Silver, and you can have any samll surprise because everything is complete predictible.

My point though is that it doesn't matter for audiences who have never had a chance to see them before. If you haven't seen the Stones for years, or at all, it means nothing to you that the next shows will have a similar setlist, or that the last ones did--it's still one hell of a setlist! IMO, of course.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: February 21, 2014 23:12

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity
smileys with beer

Yeah, TV and beer, cheers smileys with beer Seeyas

Indeed and let's all be grateful to have a tour and concert to think about, dream about, and discuss... Cheers!

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: February 21, 2014 23:12

Koen
Were there any camels on stage? smiling bouncing smiley

ONLY CAMEL TOE'S

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 21, 2014 23:14

Rolling Hansie
Rokyfan
Rolling Hansie
michaelsavage
DEmerson
muenke
The setlist is a joke, I mean the real one ...

Agreed. What a disappointment.

Exactly. Well said

LMFAO ... three whiners in a row. Is this an Olympic record ? Gold, Silver and Bronse.
But Seriously Now, can anyone please explain to me, why you care, if you weren't even there ?
\

1.first you explain how everyone who doesn't agree with you becomes a "whiner"?

2.And what does it take from there to becoming a hater?

3.And you really don't get that it bugs some people that a band they cared about is going out as a joke? Not saying you have to agree, but you really don't see the point?

1.My post has nothing to do with who agrees with me or who doesn't. I just noticed 3 whiners in a row and thought that was quite funny. Hence the LMFAO.

2.No idea what you mean with "hater". I never speak in those terms.

3.And yes, I really don't get it why people keep on nagging about a setlist from a show that they didn't even attend. That question was meant totally serious.

I guess it's about their anticipation of being able to dance around the living room to the 'at last - a live version of Silver Train in good sound quality - moment being dented when the boot turns up............

Like the old song says..."these boots were made for dancing"....just be good to have something new to do it to..........or something

oh well, maybe they'll mix it up in Tokyo.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-21 23:18 by EddieByword.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 21, 2014 23:15

Any pics of the merchandise tents? Any Abu Dhabi specific shirts?

I've seen one label desert sands, or something like that on their site.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home