Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 26
Re: Abu Dhabi Feb 3 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: February 22, 2014 03:17

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 15:58 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 22, 2014 03:32

First show ever in this region (let alone country). I'm sorry, but what did people expect? This show was always announced as a special 'one off' show in Abu Dhabi so the hits and only the hits were always only going to get played. I hope everyone who went to this show had a wonderful time and got to sing along to some of the greatest songs ever written smiling smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 22, 2014 03:37

I'm sure most of the people there were pissed that they didn't get Silver Train or Mick Taylor on Streets of Love. Class action lawsuits pending.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 22, 2014 04:17

Thank you to all who posted reports, pics, and videos. Just catching up, but it looks and sounds like a good Stones night! smileys with beer

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 22, 2014 04:27

Rehearsal seems to pay off. They sound real good on SMU and the other snips. I'm certain it was a splendid once in a lifetime chance for many. As fanatics we must look past the setlists, they are on tour playing for one person at a time, we are part of the family in a sense, our knowledge of everything Stones should not hamper our enjoyment of seeing them do what they need to do for the concert goer... It took me a long time to become a fan again and it' a hard line to walk for us experts, for us it's about the nuance as well as seeing people enjoy what we know is great.

Posted by: freddierogers ()
Date: February 22, 2014 04:48

ThatsWhatISay
What a boring stage. One of these run-of-the-mill ones you often see at festivals. Nothing special at all and probably the worst stadium stage I've seen the Stones play on since they became a Vegas act. But for this rather short tour with few stadium gigs I knew they would keep it low budget here. Anything else would have been economical nonsense I guess.

Posted by: FarEastMan ()
Date: February 22, 2014 04:50

It was exactly what I have expected: only the warhorses again... winking smileyBut this was TO BE expected.
These are the well known songs and it was a new crowd in a new country. Only a small part of the audience is the hardcore fraction who are travelling behind. I really do NOT understand this smart-ass discussion about the setlist. moody smiley
I will be in Macau and as a follower (since 1973)
I would love to hear a rarity or 2 too. But it will be the 'main setlist' for the rest of the tour with some pearls and small changes here and there, exactly the same as it was in the USA.
Since this might really be the last world tour I am just happy to see them again and will welcome each song no matter what it is.
Cheers
smileys with beer

Date: February 22, 2014 04:51

ThatsWhatISay
What a boring stage. One of these run-of-the-mill ones you often see at festivals. Nothing special at all and probably the worst stadium stage I've seen the Stones play on since they became a Vegas act. But for this rather short tour with few stadium gigs I knew they would keep it low budget here. Anything else would have been economical nonsense I guess.
If you believe the STONES are a Vegas act,you should be at a Wayne Newton show in Vegas,not anywhere near the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the world. You don't have a clue.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: February 22, 2014 05:03

Merch pics? smiling bouncing smiley

Date: February 22, 2014 05:07

Vegas act ? Go see Wayne Newton and stay away from the Greatest Rock and Roll Band In The World. Foolish.

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: February 22, 2014 06:27

Any IORR'ers get some decent video? We're counting on you guys with the spots up the front and good cameras. There's nothing of great sound quality up on YT yet.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 22, 2014 06:30

I think it is safe to say that this was the warm up show...for the 2017 tour..

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 22, 2014 06:33

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 22, 2014 06:49

kowalski
michaelsavage
wow. 4 encores.

I think the 5th has Miss Amanda Jones

With Brian Jones hologram on guitar...

LOL

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 22, 2014 07:30

freddierogers
ThatsWhatISay
If you believe the STONES are a Vegas act,you should be at a Wayne Newton show in Vegas,not anywhere near the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the world. You don't have a clue.
thumbs up

Date: February 22, 2014 07:32

Paint it Black (almost complete):

(edit) Here's a complete video:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-22 08:24 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: February 22, 2014 07:35

benstones
I was the second in the line of the fire pit. So when I arrived in the pit, I directly chose Keith side near the front row and on the catwalk.

I was very disappointed if this show. The main reason is very simple. The stage is SO HIGH. Approx. 3 meters. I never saw ronnie!!! Never!!! The gap between the stage and the fans was to big, even more than Hyde Park. The stage is definitely horrible. I paid 800 euros to be very far and to see very bad, it's a shame. Even the manager of Keith who is always taking pictures was so angry about the height of the stage. Only classic songs and no surprises...

Well, it's not that I want to complain but the American tour with the tongue pit was so much better. The band was so closed with the fans. And I don't feel this anymore. I'm sure the shows in Australia with the tongue pit will be amazing. But the Rolling Stones are definitely not made to do stadium shows.

I want to see them again but not in this terrible configuration.

A few years ago, when I was a child, my god was Mick but with all the 50 and counting your and this show, I changed my mind , Keith is my God! At the end of the show, he was in front of me: I read on his lips and he told me: are you okay? And he threw me his pick! Priceless!!!
Mick is amazing like always and he seemed happy to be here.

I hope to see another show in the tongue pit because those shows were amazing!

Thanks for the review Ben, it will be intersting to see if they use a different stage at other venues. Awesome that Keith threw you his pick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-22 07:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 22, 2014 07:38

Emotional Rescue (incomplete):

Date: February 22, 2014 07:38

kleermaker

Hiss them off the stage.

Is that what you did the last time you saw them, back in in 1968? or was it 69?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 22, 2014 07:42

Beast
We've all heard the same setlist before and we've also all heard all the same comments before, both for and against. So what's new?!

Indeed, but we've never travelled all the way to the Peoples' Republic of China to see em' before, so I personally don't give a monkey's what they do there .... cos' I'm gonna be jumpin' up and down goin' hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley with a great big cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley on my handsome mug !!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: February 22, 2014 07:49

In reference to the setlist discussion, I am more personally bothered by the inclusion of YGMR instead of ADTL or SFM. For a start.

Date: February 22, 2014 07:50

Thanks for posting the videos Cristiano Radtke.

I am looking forward to reading more comments from people who were actually there. I do hope for a proper lower front of stage for the people who pay to be in up front, to be able to see everyone, at other events on this leg, for our friends who are up close... and as far as songs/ set list they will play? They will probably play a bunch of great Stones songs, and if one does not want to be disappointed then one should not expect anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-22 07:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 22, 2014 08:04

I'm still trying to find a video of Slipping Away. After that, I can sleep well. cool smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 22, 2014 08:07

Well, of course there are a million things to whine about. But I'll start with this: What's the point with dragging Mick Taylor around the world just to play on one song? Wouldn't it be better that he returned to his regular pub tour?
At least he can play as many songs as he wants there. Or is this to be seen as some kind of Mick Taylor social security tour? The band taking care of his pension? For old times' sake?

Posted by: DeltaHipShake ()
Date: February 22, 2014 08:34

So, where's the Midnight Rambler video?

Date: February 22, 2014 08:36

So far not a word about this in the Swedish press. I know it's Winter Olympic times but usually a Rolling Stones tour premiere will get some attention in the media.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: February 22, 2014 09:09

Stoneage
So far not a word about this in the Swedish press. I know it's Winter Olympic times but usually a Rolling Stones tour premiere will get some attention in the media.

On the other hand they start sounding like ABBA. I like it.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 22, 2014 09:13

Stoneage
Well, of course there are a million things to whine about. But I'll start with this: What's the point with dragging Mick Taylor around the world just to play on one song? Wouldn't it be better that he returned to his regular pub tour?
At least he can play as many songs as he wants there. Or is this to be seen as some kind of Mick Taylor social security tour? The band taking care of his pension? For old times' sake?

I understand your point and maybe Ronnie and the Stones are saving Taylor's life. But that's a good thing to do. BTW Taylor was on stage for four songs incl. both Keith's. From my first row position I could see Taylor on the screen only during Before They Make Me Run.

Date: February 22, 2014 09:24

I take your word for granted (I was just reading the setlist reported here). Four songs is, of course, better than one...

Date: February 22, 2014 09:37

Karlos123
Merch pics? smiling bouncing smiley

From 5:22 on:

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home