Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 26
Rolling Stones - Abu Dhabi Feb 21
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 22, 2014 00:59

Reuters

Reuters

Rolling Stones - Abu Dhabi Feb 21
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:00

Getty Images

Getty Images

Re: Abu Dhabi Feb 3 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:01

kleermaker
maradona
TheBlockbuster
michaelsavage
This is a boring set list (vs their rehearsals).

But there is still time!

I agree, but we all knew it was gonna turn out this boring way. I had hoped for a new opening song atleast this far.

Don't worry! The Abu Dhabians will mostly be satisfied with that setlist. And the band probably considers it as a Warm-Up gig. I'm pretty sure they will try many rarities in East Asia and Down Under.

They won't get away with such a setlist in Aussieland.

yes they will. What are people going to do after paying about $500 a ticket? Walk out in disgust because they play Brown Sugar for the 1,000th time?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:03

Nice clean shots - thank you!

Ronnie always has the best clothes, shoes included.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:04

Great pix

Date: February 22, 2014 01:04

StonesCat
To me, it's just seems at some point, personal ambition or desire would kick in and you'd play (at least somewhat) what you wanted, whether it's new/old/MT/60s/70s/80s/covers/blues, etc. I think they've gone too far in the showman direction. Even Elvis, the ultimate Vegas act, played a lot of different songs during his sets.

Meh. Elvis toured constantly in his final years, playing about 70-80 shows a year in addition to the month or two he spent in Vegas each year.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:05

We've all heard the same setlist before and we've also all heard all the same comments before, both for and against. So what's new?!

Date: February 22, 2014 01:06

john nicholls
You gonna make europe gigs Gazza???

John Nicholls

No plans to, John.

Unless the rumour that someone posted about a Dublin gig comes off. (Aside from the tabloid article that speculated on it, I havent heard a single rumour about such a gig so I wouldnt get my hopes up).

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:08

Of course 1 has to remember that Elvis died taking a shit at the age of 42...just sayin...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:10

What was the crowd like for this show? Audiences in different countries tend to respond in different ways, and it would be interesting to hear what a first-time-in-the-Emirates-for-the-Stones crowd was like!

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:15

guys, my brain cannot process any words at the moment, will come back with a full story on the amazing experience I've had today. I could not take any pictures however I can post this:

twitter pic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-22 01:17 by zgubi.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:19

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:27

zgubi
guys, my brain cannot process any words at the moment, will come back with a full story on the amazing experience I've had today. I could not take any pictures however I can post this:

twitter pic

Nice pic, thanks for sharing! And please come back with your report, you must have had a great experience. smileys with beer

Here's the first videos from the concert (unfortunately, all of them are incomplete):

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:30

Gazza
StonesCat
To me, it's just seems at some point, personal ambition or desire would kick in and you'd play (at least somewhat) what you wanted, whether it's new/old/MT/60s/70s/80s/covers/blues, etc. I think they've gone too far in the showman direction. Even Elvis, the ultimate Vegas act, played a lot of different songs during his sets.

Meh. Elvis toured constantly in his final years, playing about 70-80 shows a year in addition to the month or two he spent in Vegas each year.

Funny to think that Elvis' 'final years' would have roughly corresponded to the Stones 'Dirty Work' years.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:30

Hoping for a video of Slipping Away.

Keith seems to be the one to look to when the setlist needs changing up.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:31

I was the second in the line of the fire pit. So when I arrived in the pit, I directly chose Keith side near the front row and on the catwalk.

I was very disappointed if this show. The main reason is very simple. The stage is SO HIGH. Approx. 3 meters. I never saw ronnie!!! Never!!! The gap between the stage and the fans was to big, even more than Hyde Park. The stage is definitely horrible. I paid 800 euros to be very far and to see very bad, it's a shame. Even the manager of Keith who is always taking pictures was so angry about the height of the stage. Only classic songs and no surprises...

Well, it's not that I want to complain but the American tour with the tongue pit was so much better. The band was so closed with the fans. And I don't feel this anymore. I'm sure the shows in Australia with the tongue pit will be amazing. But the Rolling Stones are definitely not made to do stadium shows.

I want to see them again but not in this terrible configuration.

A few years ago, when I was a child, my god was Mick but with all the 50 and counting your and this show, I changed my mind , Keith is my God! At the end of the show, he was in front of me: I read on his lips and he told me: are you okay? And he threw me his pick! Priceless!!!
Mick is amazing like always and he seemed happy to be here.

I hope to see another show in the tongue pit because those shows were amazing!

Benjamin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-22 01:42 by benstones.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:35

Start Me Up (Complete)

Date: February 22, 2014 01:43

Satisfaction (complete):

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:46

Gazza
kleermaker
maradona
TheBlockbuster
michaelsavage

But there is still time!

I agree, but we all knew it was gonna turn out this boring way. I had hoped for a new opening song atleast this far.

Don't worry! The Abu Dhabians will mostly be satisfied with that setlist. And the band probably considers it as a Warm-Up gig. I'm pretty sure they will try many rarities in East Asia and Down Under.

yes they will. What are people going to do after paying about $500 a ticket? Walk out in disgust because they play Brown Sugar for the 1,000th time?

Hiss them off the stage.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:47

Who was that in the choir, a bunch of the local sultan's wives and two eunuchs?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:51

benstones, sorry you had a bad experience but you should have known better than to go to Abu Dhabi for a first show on this tour. Especially for 800 Euros plus travel, hotel etc.

Hopefully the next show you see will be one of your finest memories!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: February 22, 2014 01:58

I am going to see them in Macau and I dont care what they play,I just want to have a good time as this will be my 3rd time I have seen The Rolling Stones

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 22, 2014 02:01

Without reading the first-hand observations, I'd imagine it's a typically Anglo-American crowd with a few European flourishes: I.E., just like a New York, L.A. or Parisian crowd. The Stones are a nostalgia-fest with a fairly specific demographic. The days of breaking-down barriers are over, for sure. The Stones are performing for yet another rich, middle-of-the-road audience. Same-old, same-old. It's kinda why I'm a little bored of them, I suppose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-22 02:02 by Big Al.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: February 22, 2014 02:01

stonesrule
benstones, sorry you had a bad experience but you should have known better than to go to Abu Dhabi for a first show on this tour. Especially for 800 Euros plus travel, hotel etc.

I'm not really complaining about the show. I think it was a good show even if the setlist was not amazing. But I'm complaining about the stage which is horribly high! Much higher than the Hyde park stage.

Benjamin.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2014 02:06

kleermaker
Gazza
kleermaker
maradona
TheBlockbuster
michaelsavage

But there is still time!

Hiss them off the stage.

YES! That'll teach those brats!

Date: February 22, 2014 02:07

benstones
stonesrule

I'm not really complaining about the show. I think it was a good show even if the setlist was not amazing. But I'm complaining about the stage which is horribly high! Much higher than the Hyde park stage.

It's too bad you've had this experience, but on the other way it was great you had Keith's attention. I think this is another proof they care about the fans.

Date: February 22, 2014 02:10

And here's some more videos (all incomplete, though):

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 22, 2014 02:28

kleermaker
Gazza
kleermaker
maradona
TheBlockbuster
michaelsavage

But there is still time!

Hiss them off the stage.

Can we arrange to have them whipped by cossacks?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 22, 2014 02:36

Big Al
Without reading the first-hand observations, I'd imagine it's a typically Anglo-American crowd with a few European flourishes: I.E., just like a New York, L.A. or Parisian crowd. The Stones are a nostalgia-fest with a fairly specific demographic. The days of breaking-down barriers are over, for sure. The Stones are performing for yet another rich, middle-of-the-road audience. Same-old, same-old. It's kinda why I'm a little bored of them, I suppose.

I guess that's what I was asking--who inhabits the UAE and would have made up the audience, and how they would have responded to the band. They can't all be Anglo-American, and a bit European, can they? I really have no idea about the population, to my shame. (But come on, Al--a rock band still performing at a high standard in their 70s aren't breaking down barriers? It's totally uncharted territory! smiling smiley )

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 22, 2014 02:48

Pretty boring show (and no l wasn't there),the same warhorses over and over,not even Silver Train..S O S..>grinning smiley<

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home