Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: December 1, 2013 17:17

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Got a question!

It's clear that they will announce the tour dates on Tuesday. Will they also announce when the tickets will go on sale for each city?

How do I know when they will start selling tickets for Shanghai? (I'm in Beijing, not that far from Shanghai.)

What is the routine? Do they sell tickets on the same week they announce the dates?

I crawled my way through all 7 pages, but couldn't find anything on that.

Thanks for all the great info and all the updates, Bjornulf! I've been reading IORR for years and years.

Thanks!

Frankie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-01 17:29 by frenki09.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 1, 2013 17:24

stonehearted
bv
There is no reason why the Stones should go back to USA soon.

Nor should they be expected to. Having already covered several of the major U.S. markets, they would have to return with a new tour concept and stage design and etcetera. Having finally attended my first Stones show this year, I look forward to the next and I realize this will take time. So I am glad for the fans elsewhere in other markets that they will get to see the present show with Mick Taylor and am grateful that in some part of the world The Stones will roll on in 2014.

So, for the fans on this board from Down Under and elsewhere, I will look forward to your excited concert by concert updates--not to mention the YouTube uploads. Charlie's wham and pop will make Paint It, Black exciting early on in the show and in the first half there will be some treasured obscurities to make the show memorable, and please do not complain about the usual greatest hits in the second half, because you will be delighted by how loud and gloriously triumphant Keith's guitar is in Jumping Jack Flash toward the end.

The important thing is that there is more Rolling Stones ahead, and that even after two and a quarter hours you will still be wanting more, More, MORE!

So let there be more--50 & Counting--Rolling Stones in 2014 and beyond....

We sometimes forget the important things - Guitars are wonderfully loud this tour.

sc uk

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 1, 2013 18:34

frenki09
Ladies and Gentlemen!

Got a question!

It's clear that they will announce the tour dates on Tuesday. Will they also announce when the tickets will go on sale for each city?

How do I know when they will start selling tickets for Shanghai? (I'm in Beijing, not that far from Shanghai.)

What is the routine? Do they sell tickets on the same week they announce the dates?

I crawled my way through all 7 pages, but couldn't find anything on that.

Thanks for all the great info and all the updates, Bjornulf! I've been reading IORR for years and years.

Thanks!

Frankie

Hi Frankie. The onsale dates should be on their official site when the shows or announced or very shortly afterwards. The timeframe for onsale times after an announcement may vary from show to show depending on promotional logistics but generally its a few days, and usually there's some form of pre-sale prior to a public sale.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 1, 2013 19:05

They use the momentum of the announcements to start selling tickets almost immediately. The day after or so. Usually there is some sort of pre-sale code, so make sure you have access to both RollingStones.com and their facebook and twitter accounts as the announcement is done. It will all show up here as reports by fans.

Bjornulf

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: December 1, 2013 19:55

Will the same stage be used next year all over? No point inmaking a new one right? I think it's a cool stage set up. I'm also surprised Jakarta isnt on list of places to play.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: December 1, 2013 19:58

laertisflash
I love the 2013 version too. And, as for SW/UJ tour, my one and only problem (generally speaking, not about JJF only) was the "thin" guitar sound. Too "thin" for my taste.

I love the 2013 sound of band and it really rocks.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 2, 2013 00:07

straycatuk
We sometimes forget the important things - Guitars are wonderfully loud this tour.

Because of the stripped-down stage arrangement.

In more recent tours, all these side players with their horns and extra guitar would flesh out the harmonic range such that extra volume from the guitar section would have resulted in a clumsy, muddled sound.

I hope they stay with the more minimal stage line-up permanently, because at least now they sound more like a rock band rather than something more suited to the Broadway/theatre stages.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 2, 2013 00:18

daytime
Will the same stage be used next year all over? No point inmaking a new one right? I think it's a cool stage set up. I'm also surprised Jakarta isnt on list of places to play.

They used two set-ups on the last tour--the tongue pit and the catwalk.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 2, 2013 00:23

Aquamarine
daytime

Cat walk was only in Hydepark. All other Shows were Arena and tongue pit. Glastonbury was Pyramid stage and not the Stones own one as well as Hyde Park.

Date: December 2, 2013 00:32

Grison
Aquamarine
daytime

Cat walk was only in Hydepark. All other Shows were Arena and tongue pit. Glastonbury was Pyramid stage and not the Stones own one as well as Hyde Park.

OK, three stage set ups! I know that the catwalk was only used at HP, but judging by the diagram they seem to be using it in Adelaide too. But I'd forgotten about Glastonbury.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 2, 2013 00:50

could be stadium only tour.

Adelaide - stadium
Hanging Rock (looks confirmed) - stadium
NZ - a rugby stadium

will they bring out arena stage for Melbs, Syd, Bris ?

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 2, 2013 01:59

I would imagine that (unless the stadium has a roof) the Japan shows will be indoors. Late February will still be quite cold out this way. Stones fans are tough though winking smiley

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 2, 2013 05:40

For all that feel slighted, owed, not owed, not slighted, think MSG is or is not their home ground or that they are English but not and that everywhere on the planet is home except Perth of course...be aware I am aware of my awesome selfishness in asking this but given they have not visited for 19 years which will further only twice in 48 years.....does anyone have any news on whether they are possibly OR probably coming for a sleepover in Perth in 2014?

Thank you smoking smiley

Date: December 2, 2013 06:13

I did hear it was Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane ......

Guess we will find out tmrw

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 2, 2013 06:21

Don't know if I'll make it till tomorrow Deathgod. Fingers crossed though...

Date: December 2, 2013 07:37

I'm going a tad crazy at work today. Continually refreshing my Twitter, Facebook, IORR Forum, Official Stone site pages every other minute, hoping that someone makes a mistake and leaks a few dates early!

Date: December 2, 2013 07:51

How are they defining Tuesday? As in, Tuesday for you guys? Because tomorrow is Monday over this side of the world.

Date: December 2, 2013 08:01

I was thinking Tuesday Japan time...which is tues for Australia too

Date: December 2, 2013 08:18

It's hotting up on Twitter now. #GetWhatYouNeed is getting pushed by the official twitter account big time (photos, videos and lots of tweets being favourited with that hastag). Got to be building up to something big...

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: December 2, 2013 11:50

petewasbristol
I'm going a tad crazy at work today. Continually refreshing my Twitter, Facebook, IORR Forum, Official Stone site pages every other minute, hoping that someone makes a mistake and leaks a few dates early!

A bit like some young Justin Bieber fans do on the Internet, I guess...smiling smiley

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: December 2, 2013 15:56

Sooo...Tuesday has started in Australia and New Zealand. I'm a bit surprised that the whole #getwhatyouwant thing is all over Facebook and Twitter but no time for the announcement yet. #startmeupwednesday was a bit more concrete.

Anything on the timeframe for "today"? Bjornulf?

Date: December 2, 2013 17:14

Thanks for the info, Bjornulf and Gazza. I'm registered on RollingStones.com. When it comes to China it would be a bit unfair if pre-sale codes would be available via Facebook or Twitter as both are blocked in China. And not everyone here has VPN. I'll keep checking IORR for updates. I think it will be vital how prepared one is when it comes to securing a ticket for a Stones show. I'm just as crazy about the Stones as anybody here. Got a massive Stones collection. But I can't afford to travel around the world to see as many Stones concerts as possible. And maybe less is more... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 2, 2013 17:43

what a bunch of nonsense about not coming to the united states because they already came here .pure crap .the good ole USA has proven time after time that Americans vote with there wallets .so bring on the stones again because it's only rock and roll and we will pay to see our beloved stones again and again.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 2, 2013 17:55

TheGreek
what a bunch of nonsense about not coming to the united states because they already came here .pure crap .the good ole USA has proven time after time that Americans vote with there wallets .so bring on the stones again because it's only rock and roll and we will pay to see our beloved stones again and again.

Actually, what is pure crap is the apparent belief that there is no world that matters outside of the United States, and that the Rolling Stones seemingly should exhibit no interest in discovering that world, let alone playing gigs in it.

For heavens sake, to date on the 50th & Counting tour the USA has had the benefit of 3 arena shows in 2012, 18 arena shows in 2013, whereas by comparison the rest of the world is represented by 2 arena shows in England in 2012, and then three open air shows in 2013.

And as for Americans voting with their wallets, now that is truly a bunch of crap. This is the country in which the Stones had to "drop" a bunch of $85 seats at the last minute for pretty much every single arena show, because these same Americans that supposedly vote with their wallets were refusing en-masse to cough up silly money for seats, and keeping afore-mentioned firmly in their pockets.

Get a grip, get real ..............

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: December 2, 2013 18:07

kahoosier
The ABB Shanghai show was documented in the DVD. This tour's stop is in a much bigger arena. I remember how weird it was, there was a big gap between the front row and the stage , or the security rail before the stage. My sister and I left our second row seats and hung around at the rail. The concert started and we just stayed there , front row hanging in the rail, we would look back, and here would be all these richly dressed Chinese people in the front rows still politely seated.

Yes. It was an interesting show. Front row in the video all the fans flying in, fans you know from this forum, then behind us the officials on the seated rows. It was a relaxed and nice atmosphere. I am looking forward to the next Shaanghai show at a larger venue, and this time next year a larger crowd.

Bjornulf

Date: December 2, 2013 18:11

I think most people in Asia and Australia still sleep now, even if it is past midnight their time. An announcement is supposd to be daytime for normal people, not at 00:00 midnight for geeks like us who hang around all day and night discussing when Tuesday is in different parts of the world...

Bjornulf

Date: December 2, 2013 18:31

bv
I think most people in Asia and Australia still sleep now, even if it is past midnight their time. An announcement is supposd to be daytime for normal people, not at 00:00 midnight for geeks like us who hang around all day and night discussing when Tuesday is in different parts of the world...

Right. It's past midnight here in Beijing. (12.30 a.m.) So the announcement should be still 8-12 hours away.

Date: December 2, 2013 18:51

corriecas
paulywaul
TheGreek

Actually, what is pure crap is the apparent belief that there is no world that matters outside of the United States, and that the Rolling Stones seemingly should exhibit no interest in discovering that world, let alone playing gigs in it.

For heavens sake, to date on the 50th & Counting tour the USA has had the benefit of 3 arena shows in 2012, 18 arena shows in 2013, whereas by comparison the rest of the world is represented by 2 arena shows in England in 2012, and then three open air shows in 2013.

And as for Americans voting with their wallets, now that is truly a bunch of crap. This is the country in which the Stones had to "drop" a bunch of $85 seats at the last minute for pretty much every single arena show, because these same Americans that supposedly vote with their wallets were refusing en-masse to cough up silly money for seats, and keeping afore-mentioned firmly in their pockets.

Get a grip, get real ..............

Pauywaul Great Great post, Those USA people are out of their brain, well they ait got none, thats true.
Thats the problem, buta anyway Great great post .
Thanks

jeroen

One of the reasons why I don't go to forums so often is because of discussions like this. It has nothing to do with The Stones. I'm not American, but I don't feel that anybody can decide whether Americans have brain or don't have brain. It's non-sense. It's also pointless to bring up the topic of The Stones going to the US again. Who cares? I'm sure The Stones will go back to the US if they can. This thread is about USEFUL info about the upcoming Asia/Australia tour trying to help fans. I've read all 8 pages here and there is so much rubbish, useless comments, which do not help fans at all. I'm surprised that here so far nobody started talking about which is the best Taylor solo ever. smoking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 2, 2013 18:51

paulywaul
TheGreek

Get a grip, get real ..............[/quot ok fair enough . let see how big the world tour is or the euro tour is , and then let's revisit this conversation .

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 2, 2013 18:55

Any ideas how to get tickets for Tokyo dome if you live in Europe?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home