Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 29, 2013 03:33

I bought and paid for 2 A1 row A seats on the understanding that they were FRONT ROW. THEY STILL SHOW AS FRONT ROW ON TICKETEK SEATMAP.

IF THEY ARE NOT, well my wife works in law.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-29 08:28 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 29, 2013 04:02

Check your tickets.
Mine say

Section: SA3-A
Row: A

Posted by: lioness ()
Date: November 29, 2013 04:15

Deathgod
Check your tickets.
Mine say

Section: SA3-A
Row: A

They dont release the tickets until February but this is what I mean. You must have VIP tickets - $1300 to $1500. There is no SA3-A on the seating map, just SA3. So you will be in front of me I suspect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-29 04:15 by lioness.

Date: November 29, 2013 04:26

It's a cock up.
As usual.
I see some guys are getting Sec A3-B

Date: November 29, 2013 05:20

Yeah, I think people will be annoyed when they arrive and see they are further back than they expect.

For me, I wouldn't spend $1600 or $1300 anyway when I want to go to Sydney too and am happy with the spot.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 29, 2013 06:16

I have sent this to ticketek this morning:

_____

I live in Perth. I purchased, BASED ON THE VENUE MAP STILL ON YOUR WEBSITE, 2 tickets which are in A1, Row A. I purchased because these are front row seats.

I understand from others now posting on fansites that their appear to be BLOCKS of seats in front of A1-A4. THESE blocks eg, SA1-B which I am reading about, are NOT on your venue maps.

IS this correct? As I do not think BLOCKS of seats in front of what is clearly front of stage per your venue maps could possibly count as seats handed back from promoters as no longer being needed for promotional purposes.

WILL I FIND BLOCKS OF PEOPLE SITTING IN FRONT OF ME? WILL I NOT BE AT FRONT OF STAGE AS I PURCHASED?

_____

I am promised a response NEXT business day.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 29, 2013 08:26

Please keep us posted- I have SA3- row H and paid $510 assuming that it was 8 rows back with a slim chance of being 11-12 rows at worst if they went AA-DD.

I will be furious if I'm actually closer to 30 rows back!

Date: November 29, 2013 09:22

FWIW my ticket guy looked at map and seemed to think the A and B was an entry point only.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 29, 2013 09:41

Why do people have to go through this crap with every damn show?? sad smiley

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: November 29, 2013 11:06

I have really fallen on good luck with this Asia leg of the tour. I finish my job in South Korea at the end of February and was always planning to have the month of March to do a bit of travelling. Unbelievable that that Stones are coming this way at that exact period of time! Think I will do my best to get Singapore tickets if possible. Have heard they are doing 2 nights in Macau 8th and 9th of march. Could check that out but last time I was there it felt a bit soulless!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 29, 2013 11:39

Cannot believe this ticket story is happening AGAIN after all that Hyde Park fiasco. Different day, same shite. There is a veeeery long thread about the Hyde Park nonsense on here somewhere. They should not be able to get away with this stuff. It looks like it's another case of misrepresentation and that's ILLEGAL!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 29, 2013 13:41

Did anyone actually challenge them legally about the Hyde park fiasco ? A lot of people intended to , but probably lost the will to live with it all eye rolling smiley

SC UK

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 29, 2013 13:51

Hyde Park actually ended up really well. It seemed they took notice of our complaints.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 29, 2013 13:53

same old story same old song and dance. so much for those $500.00 tickets .

Date: November 29, 2013 13:54

Ticketek's response will be interesting.

The fact is the map clearly doesn't show these SA2-A extra lettered sections and surely they will be in front of my $510 seat when these people are paying $1300 and $1500 a pop.

I'm also pretty confident that the VIP tickets were not listed during the pre-sale. Can anyone reject that? I noticed the dinner packages and thought they may be in front of me but when I tested it on the arvo of the presale they seated you out in SA1 which I thought was rough for the price, even if you get the feed. I only saw the VIP tickets later that night on the pricing list because naturally that seating plan makes you think you are front row when Row A came up on my screen (I use a trick with the Ticketek website I think many people are growing aware of as Frontier Touring were telling them during Springsteen sales to use the mobile site on a desktop and it lets you enter the password and load your basket up and press just one button - buy - when the clock ticks over, not five clicks and screens loading).

Of course, not really too worried personally as Id rather be 15 metres back in some ways. But some people will be feral if this is correct as we suspect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-29 13:55 by lioness.

Date: November 29, 2013 14:59

My first ticket drop was Row N

Then later in night I saw VIP tix drop

Thew back G and H, then the A dropped. Grabbed it, for top $$.

My guy seems to think the A and B on tix is for door entry....I'm not convinced yet.

I might head into an outlet and ask the ticketing people to show me a map.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 29, 2013 15:05

straycatuk
Did anyone actually challenge them legally about the Hyde park fiasco ? A lot of people intended to , but probably lost the will to live with it all eye rolling smiley

SC UK

Yes, with success.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 29, 2013 16:06

straycatuk

SC UK

At Hyde Park they ended up changing the seating layout in response to complaints from the fans who bought the tier 1 and tier 2 packages (and were initially placed waayyyyy over to one side. At the end of the day, they came up with a very satisfactory solution.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 29, 2013 16:26

Yes, can't see how they could have done it better at HP honestly (T1 was a tad closer to the stage than T3 as we found out on the SSS video), and it was very similar to what was suggested by forum member marquee (except sides reversed) and I'd updated the dedicated topic here : [www.iorr.org] - having a stage splitting the front was a good idea too to help with crowd control and to give some "breathing" room.

The VIP "seats" for Adelaide seems even more confusing at this point...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 29, 2013 17:10

United Arab Emirates?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-29 17:15 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 29, 2013 18:42

lioness
Ticketek's response will be interesting.

The fact is the map clearly doesn't show these SA2-A extra lettered sections and surely they will be in front of my $510 seat when these people are paying $1300 and $1500 a pop.

I'm also pretty confident that the VIP tickets were not listed during the pre-sale. Can anyone reject that? I noticed the dinner packages and thought they may be in front of me but when I tested it on the arvo of the presale they seated you out in SA1 which I thought was rough for the price, even if you get the feed. I only saw the VIP tickets later that night on the pricing list because naturally that seating plan makes you think you are front row when Row A came up on my screen (I use a trick with the Ticketek website I think many people are growing aware of as Frontier Touring were telling them during Springsteen sales to use the mobile site on a desktop and it lets you enter the password and load your basket up and press just one button - buy - when the clock ticks over, not five clicks and screens loading).

Of course, not really too worried personally as Id rather be 15 metres back in some ways. But some people will be feral if this is correct as we suspect.
i would not trust the seating charts (i.e. hyde park , and i wonder if the seating charts will reflect a V.I.P. seating )

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: November 29, 2013 19:08

Thanks Bv for your hard work to inform us of the info. I'd love to see them in Aus but can't but if I change my mind I have 2 ladies in NSW I can stay with. Now isnt that a tempting thought.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 29, 2013 21:58

I am not dutch but it would be' nice 10 concerts in Amsterdam . Nice city, nice people, in the Middle of europe.. It won't happen but i like it

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: November 29, 2013 22:17

Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to benefit from the Hyde Park fiasco getting to stay 15m from the stage (sorry for everyone who was disappointed tho). I've first seen them in Bucharest in 2005 - to this day the best concert I ever attended - was so amazed by a Bigger Band that I jumped on a plane when they announced the London O2 gigs and then Hyde Park this summer.

I live in Romania and have decided to take a trip to Australia on my own (first time out of Europe) and hopefully follow the tour if possible and while discovering the big Oz with gigs spicing up the travel adventure. Conveniently enough my route will be thru the Emirates so if the dates match conveniently I might get to see the Stones on several continents.

So far I secured 2 general admission tickets for Adelaide and hoping to do the same for the rest of the tour once this is announced.
Just thought I'd drop a quick word hoping to rock with some of you guys next Spring smiling smiley

Cheers and good luck with your ticket wishes everyone!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 29, 2013 22:51

Welcome to the board zgubi. I hope you will have a great time

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 29, 2013 23:09

The Stones owe us nothing but I still would not rule out a few MSG shows before it's all said and done (for this 2014 tour anyway). It is good that the Stones are doing live concerts for fans in other country's besides the USA, Canada & England (even though I won't get to see them unless I win the lottery). I am just glad they are still touring and bringing happiness to people all over the world.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: November 29, 2013 23:22

They MUST do the USA esp M S Garden (their home!)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 29, 2013 23:31

I think Hyde park is a great example of how to use the power of hard working fans in order to fix a problem. They fixed it and the story is all told here in a separate thread about Hyde Park.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 29, 2013 23:37

michaelsavage
M S Garden (their home!)

Give it up!

Do we actually know WHY they changed the Hyde Park tier arrangements? I mean, WAS it because of all the complaints, etc.? A lot of the people I was surrounded by in tier 1 didn't even know there had been any issue regarding where it would be, for instance. In any case, it certainly did work out well in the end (especially as tier 1 turned out to be on Keith's side), so it would be a good idea for all the Adelaide peeps to be as vocal as possible for as long as possible, if it does turn out that your suspicions are correct.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: November 30, 2013 01:49

Have the Stones ever played in Mainland China? Saw some dates listed for Hong Kong on one of the previous tours...and saw Beijing and Shanghai were cancelled.

Just wondering...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1315
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home