Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 30, 2013 01:54

My goal is to go to Australia and see two or three shows, i will travel on my own this time and go with qantas A380 from London Heathrow.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 30, 2013 02:19

Aquamarine
michaelsavage
M S Garden (their home!)

Give it up!

Do we actually know WHY they changed the Hyde Park tier arrangements? I mean, WAS it because of all the complaints, etc.? A lot of the people I was surrounded by in tier 1 didn't even know there had been any issue regarding where it would be, for instance. In any case, it certainly did work out well in the end (especially as tier 1 turned out to be on Keith's side), so it would be a good idea for all the Adelaide peeps to be as vocal as possible for as long as possible, if it does turn out that your suspicions are correct.

We'll never really know. They offered refunds to those who complained so whether they felt pressure to change the layout is anyones guess. What I think is for sure is that as soon as they decided to have a catwalk the only logical layout was what they ended up doing. And I think the staging was as it was partly because it would look good on film and partly because it was a nod to the B stage that they've used in one form or another for a very long time now.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: November 30, 2013 03:45

Yes they played Shanghai on the Bigger Bang tour. They were 'politely' requested to not play certain songs at the show! I would imagine Macau is the option over Hong Kong this time around (really easy to get to from HK btw)because it's so bloody hard to set up stage in HK. I can only imagine what the Stones would bring to the arena! Macau though as I said in my other post is not IMO the greatest place to catch a gig. A little surprised at it to be honest! Still hoping for a HK show despite its accessibility for the band. Also hope they do a bangkok show. In 2003 they cancelled due to a grounded flight from India so fingers crossed this time around. You can probably guess That I'm going to do my all to catch at least three shows in Asia this time around!

edit: this was in reply to the previous post about Shanghai smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-30 03:55 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 30, 2013 04:39

Eric Clapton Japan Tour will start from Feb 18 to Feb 28 in 2014.
Jeff Beck Japan Tour will start from Apr 7 in 2014.
I hope their paths will cross someday in Tokyo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-30 04:48 by Toru A.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: November 30, 2013 08:03

The ABB Shanghai show was documented in the DVD. This tour's stop is in a much bigger arena. I remember how weird it was, there was a big gap between the front row and the stage , or the security rail before the stage. My sister and I left our second row seats and hung around at the rail. The concert started and we just stayed there , front row hanging in the rail, we would look back, and here would be all these richly dressed Chinese people in the front rows still politely seated.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 30, 2013 10:18

Mention this now....If they snail mail the tickets very close to the concert date, and you have to travel many miles, you and the tickets may "swap in the mail". This is a real pain.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 30, 2013 10:33

JumpinJeppeFlash
My goal is to go to Australia and see two or three shows, i will travel on my own this time and go with qantas A380 from London Heathrow.

Thank you...and will you be having the grilled chicken or lasagna?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 30, 2013 11:06

bv
I think Hyde park is a great example of how to use the power of hard working fans in order to fix a problem. They fixed it and the story is all told here in a separate thread about Hyde Park.

Amen to that thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 30, 2013 11:16

Aquamarine
michaelsavage
M S Garden (their home!)

Give it up!

Do we actually know WHY they changed the Hyde Park tier arrangements? I mean, WAS it because of all the complaints, etc.? A lot of the people I was surrounded by in tier 1 didn't even know there had been any issue regarding where it would be, for instance. In any case, it certainly did work out well in the end (especially as tier 1 turned out to be on Keith's side), so it would be a good idea for all the Adelaide peeps to be as vocal as possible for as long as possible, if it does turn out that your suspicions are correct.

Yes it WAS. I know this because I was one of the highly aggrieved and vociferous few (relatively speaking) that inundated AEG with complaints of a very precise and detailed nature, and I was in contact with a number of others on here who were acting similarly. And on that occasion, complaining worked and did actually bring about a change ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-30 19:53 by paulywaul.

World Tour 2014
Posted by: thesource ()
Date: November 30, 2013 12:07

Does anyone speculate that after the Far East and Down Under that the Stones would come back to the USA / CAnada for another round of shows in New Cities? Maybe Fall 2014?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 30, 2013 13:55

treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash

Trying to be funny? Geek.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 30, 2013 14:44

we will put an extra shrimp on the Barbie for ya

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 30, 2013 16:38

JumpinJeppeFlash
treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash

Actually it IS funny

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 30, 2013 16:51

Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash
treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash

Actually it IS funny

Australians have a sense of humour (good fun people) anyone visiting their country without one...well ya better work on getting one yea smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: World Tour 2014
Posted by: daytime ()
Date: November 30, 2013 19:28

thesource
Does anyone speculate that after the Far East and Down Under that the Stones would come back to the USA / CAnada for another round of shows in New Cities? Maybe Fall 2014?

I would say yes but Europwe is first in summer then USA fall maybe sept or oct to have a final bow.

Date: November 30, 2013 19:30

colonial
Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash
treaclefingers
JumpinJeppeFlash

Actually it IS funny

Australians have a sense of humour (good fun people) anyone visiting their country without one...well ya better work on getting one yea smoking smiley

Actually, I don't know if it was intentional or not but JJeppeF was quite funny in that reply!

Though, of all the insults available, 'GEEK' seemed a weak effort. I'm not complaining, just wanted to point that out.

Date: November 30, 2013 19:50

Whoops, erroneous post .........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-30 19:52 by paulywaul.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 30, 2013 19:54

There is no reason why the Stones should go back to USA soon. First Asia and Down Under. Then Europe. Then South America.

If they are short of money and also suffer from amnesia then may be they do NYC, Chicago, LA etc in USA, but technically and for all practical purposes, as far as I do recall, they did cover a large part of USA and canada less than half a year ago.

If I look at it from the bright side with North America glasses, may be they might add Miami, Honolulu, Seattle, Vancover, Calgary, Houston, Mexico City - those places they were not anywhere near this summer... At some point late 2014 ...

I am sure they will return to North America at some point - they just need to server some other parts of the world first. To all our American friends: Thanks for your patience while you allow the rest of the world to see our London UK band as well!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 30, 2013 21:33

treaclefingers
of all the insults available, 'GEEK' seemed a weak effort.

Yeah, you deserve better smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 30, 2013 21:57

> To all our American friends: Thanks for your patience while you allow the rest of the world to see our London UK band as well!<

This is why Airplanes were invented, LOL! smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 30, 2013 22:09

Woz
> To all our American friends: Thanks for your patience while you allow the rest of the world to see our London UK band as well!<

Sure. But many people can not afford intercontinental flighs...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 1, 2013 00:54

paulywaul
Aquamarine
michaelsavage
M S Garden (their home!)

Give it up!

Yes it WAS. I know this because I was one of the highly aggrieved and vociferous few (relatively speaking) that inundated AEG with complaints of a very precise and detailed nature, and I was in contact with a number of others on here who were acting similarly. And on that occasion, complaining worked and did actually bring about a change ....

I also sent numerous letters and emails to AEG, and posted extensively on AEG's Facebook page, as well as the HP and Frontgate pages etc., so I know lots of complaints were made. My point is, do we know that the change was made as a result of these complaints, or for other reasons entirely, such as it being more convenient for the band or the promoters, or some other reason? I don't personally get the impression that AEG listened to anything that was said. The decision to add the catwalk probably had more to do with the changes that were made than any concern over complaints. ANYWAY, the important thing is it worked out well for us all. smiling smiley Let's hope the same is true for the Adelaide show.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 1, 2013 03:52

bv
Woz

Sure. But many people can not afford intercontinental flighs...

Or a parachute.

Date: December 1, 2013 06:11

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers
of all the insults available, 'GEEK' seemed a weak effort.

Yeah, you deserve better smiling smiley

That's the best back handed compliment I've received in some time!

Date: December 1, 2013 07:29

Aquamarine
paulywaul
Aquamarine
michaelsavage
M S Garden (their home!)

Give it up!

I also sent numerous letters and emails to AEG, and posted extensively on AEG's Facebook page, as well as the HP and Frontgate pages etc., so I know lots of complaints were made. My point is, do we know that the change was made as a result of these complaints, or for other reasons entirely, such as it being more convenient for the band or the promoters, or some other reason? I don't personally get the impression that AEG listened to anything that was said. The decision to add the catwalk probably had more to do with the changes that were made than any concern over complaints. ANYWAY, the important thing is it worked out well for us all. smiling smiley Let's hope the same is true for the Adelaide show.

I think it's obviously impossible to know for sure that the barrage of complaints actually precipitated the changes that were made to the layout, but it's pretty likely that it was a contributing factor ........ especially when people starting pointing out to AEG that they were simply not prepared to be fobbed off with a quick and easy refund, they insisted on attending an event - the layout of which was pretty much as described at the time they bought tickets for it. I definitely think AEG's hand was forced, they had to do something, given that some of the complainants were making the point that they were not just going to conveniently "go away" .......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-01 07:30 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 1, 2013 09:40

You may well be right, and I hope you are, the amount of time I spent emailing and phoning those people. grinning smiley (I guess, though, I was also thinking of the Zeppelin reunion show, that I was also involved in, and that required legal action before changes were made to the way the lottery was conducted.)

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 1, 2013 11:20

bv
There is no reason why the Stones should go back to USA soon.

Nor should they be expected to. Having already covered several of the major U.S. markets, they would have to return with a new tour concept and stage design and etcetera. Having finally attended my first Stones show this year, I look forward to the next and I realize this will take time. So I am glad for the fans elsewhere in other markets that they will get to see the present show with Mick Taylor and am grateful that in some part of the world The Stones will roll on in 2014.

So, for the fans on this board from Down Under and elsewhere, I will look forward to your excited concert by concert updates--not to mention the YouTube uploads. Charlie's wham and pop will make Paint It, Black exciting early on in the show and in the first half there will be some treasured obscurities to make the show memorable, and please do not complain about the usual greatest hits in the second half, because you will be delighted by how loud and gloriously triumphant Keith's guitar is in Jumping Jack Flash toward the end.

The important thing is that there is more Rolling Stones ahead, and that even after two and a quarter hours you will still be wanting more, More, MORE!

So let there be more--50 & Counting--Rolling Stones in 2014 and beyond....

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: December 1, 2013 12:28

I read that this version of Jumping Jack Flash is the best I have ever heard in recent years....I wonder where you were in the last 25 years! you just need the version of Voodoo Lounge Tour, or the steel wheels tour that are much better than this version 2012/013!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 1, 2013 12:58

I love the slower 2013 version, it swings, the groove is amazing.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 1, 2013 13:25

I love the 2013 version too. And, as for SW/UJ tour, my one and only problem (generally speaking, not about JJF only) was the "thin" guitar sound. Too "thin" for my taste.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home