Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 3, 2013 13:08

Frontier posted on Facebook 4 hours ago #soon #getwhatyouneed and a link to the Rolling Stones Australia and NZ tour page.

I'm guessing it will be the same process as two weeks ago- announcement Wednesday, pre sales Thursday and general on sale Monday- the morning after the 60 mins special.

The big question is will tickets to the arena shows be as expensive as this years USA tour?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 3, 2013 13:25

On Twitter: "The Rolling Stones are about to announce an exciting good news, pay close attention!"

#GetWhatYouNeed [twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-03 13:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 3, 2013 13:28

11am EST Wed ?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 3, 2013 14:18

Irix

On Twitter: "The Rolling Stones are about to announce an exciting good news, pay close attention!"

#GetWhatYouNeed [twitter.com]
Who is the photographer of this picture?

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: December 3, 2013 14:25

For pre-sale is it enough if I'm registered with RollingStones.com?

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 3, 2013 14:34

frenki09

Probably not- you should register with frontier touring (aus and nz shows) and following stones on Facebook and twitter...

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: December 3, 2013 14:38

frenki09

Don't you have own ticketing system in China like Japan?
How Chinese people buy tickets for Chinese or Asian musicians?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:10

Harm

Who is the photographer of this picture?

This Picture is also on Page 49 in the 60p-Hardcover-Book of the 'Sweet Summer Sun' Deluxe-Edition as well as in the Booklet of the (japanese) Blu-ray. Brian Rasic and Dave Hogan are mentioned in the Photography-Credits on Page 60.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-03 15:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:16

Entertaiment Centre Brisbane Apr2...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:17

Photographer is Brian Rasic.

"Another one of my shots used for Sweet Summer Sun : )"

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:19

bye bye johnny
Photographer is Brian Rasic.

"Another one of my shots used for Sweet Summer Sun : )"

[www.facebook.com]

Thank you

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:22

Mount Smart Stadium Auckland- Apr5

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:23

Stones' hanging rock'n'roll

Iain Shedden
The Australian
December 04, 2013

AP

THE Rolling Stones will take their rock 'n' roll juggernaut to Hanging Rock in Victoria's Macedon Ranges next March.

Following their announcement of a show at Adelaide Oval on March 22, the world's most enduringly successful rock band have released plans for an Australian tour that will take them to Hanging Rock and to Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Auckland.

Promoter Michael Gudinski revealed that the band, which was here last in 2006 on the Bigger Bang tour, would be playing material such as Gimme Shelter, Jumping Jack Flash and Tumbling Dice as well as a few covers.

This will be the Stones' seventh tour of Australia. Dates (excluding Adelaide) are Perth Arena March 19, Sydney Allphones Arena March 25, Melbourne Rod Laver Arena March 28, Hanging Rock, Victoria March 30, Brisbane Enteretainment Centre April 2 and Auckland Mt Smart Stadium April 5.

Pre sale tickets available Monday December 9 and Tuesday December 10. Official on sale tickets 9am local times December 16.

[www.theaustralian.com.au]

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:36

Thanks for the info. That looks like the official confirmation can't be too many hours away.

Let's hope the far east shows will be great and we will hear soon about European summer shows!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:37

This would make sense, still somebody's gonna have trouble releasing news prior to the the rs.com site eye popping smiley

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:38

ladywilliam
frenki09

Don't you have own ticketing system in China like Japan?
How Chinese people buy tickets for Chinese or Asian musicians?

Well... In Chinese mainland Facebook and Twitter is blocked. So it would be pretty unfair to have pre-sale via those social networks. They have their own Twitter called Weibo.

Not that many international artists, bands come through mainland China. Beijing gets 10-15 acts per year, not necessarily big names. The great Justin Bieber played Beijing not long ago. Suede/Brett Anderson keeps coming back. The Killers and Pil were here this year. (Public Image Ltd with John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten had 400 people in a small club.) Sir Elton John was in Beijing too. Herbie Hanckock. That was it this year in Beijing.

Shanghai gets more shows. (Metallica played Shanghai a few months back.) Beijing is the capital where the government works, so it's considered more sensitive.

The main reason why we do not get many international acts is very simple: Chinese people have no interests in let's say Robert Plant or John Fogerty. For example, Live Nations who are here in China can't risk bringing a band like Rival Sons or Kings of Leon here. The only acts that sell are the ones that are the most hip, the coolest outside of China. For example, Lady Gaga, Rhianna would be a sell out or any Korean boy-band or Jackie Chen (yes, he also sings). Chinese are "dedicated followers of fashion".

Bob Dylan played Beijing a couple of years ago in a smaller venue which holds about 5000 people. It wasn't fully sold out. Chinese had no music scene until the early 1990's. Most of them have no idea what Woodstock is or was. Not because they are uneducated or ignorant. They are just not interested, can't connect with the past when it comes to music.

As far as I know there is no unified ticketing system. There are sites which sell tickets. Like [en.damai.cn] I asked them if they knew anything about The Stones and they said: "We haven't got any news of this project." For Dylan I bought my ticket there. So I'm really wondering how it's gonna go down this time. It would be unfair if people in China wouldn't be given priority. In 2006 90% of the audience were foreigners... Oh, and Chinese wouldn't pay more than $50 for a ticket...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:53

henrik87
Thanks for the info. That looks like the official confirmation can't be too many hours away.

Let's hope the far east shows will be great and we will hear soon about European summer shows!

No , it wont be soon . BV has stated that on his Blog, Countdown to.........

it will be a long time before we hear some news about european gigs.
Jeroen

Posted by: elvisloose ()
Date: December 3, 2013 15:59

19 Mar Perth
22 Mar Adelaide
25 Mar Sydney
28 Mar Melbourne
30 Mar Macedon
02 Apr Brisbane
05 Apr Auckland

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 3, 2013 16:08

elvisloose
19 Mar Perth
22 Mar Adelaide
25 Mar Sydney
28 Mar Melbourne
30 Mar Macedon
02 Apr Brisbane
05 Apr Auckland

This is information from the Stones' app, isn't it?

Posted by: elvisloose ()
Date: December 3, 2013 16:11

yes, it's from the app...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 3, 2013 16:11

Thanks!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 3, 2013 16:13

Macau march 9 on sale monday?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-03 16:14 by bitusa2012.

Date: December 3, 2013 16:18

Any info on when the other far east dates will be announced?

Date: December 3, 2013 16:20

No I just aware of macau

Date: December 3, 2013 16:27

According to the app the Tour is called "14 On Fire".

Let's hope there will be some single or release backing it up.

Date: December 3, 2013 16:34

Yeah 14 on fire. 14 shows maybe???? They've announced 7 in Aus/NZ. Maybe a cpl more slots. Then 1 in Macau for sure. China, Japan, UAE.

I reckon tour will top out at 14 shows....14 on Fire

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 3, 2013 16:38

bitusa2012
Yeah 14 on fire. 14 shows maybe???? They've announced 7 in Aus/NZ. Maybe a cpl more slots. Then 1 in Macau for sure. China, Japan, UAE.

would make sense
1 UAE, 3 JApan, 1 China, 1 Singapore, 1 Macau, 6 Aussie, 1 NZ. = 14smiling bouncing smiley
I am just surprised that they don't do more double shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-03 16:38 by Grison.

Date: December 3, 2013 16:39

Grison
bitusa2012

would make sense
1 UAE, 3 JApan, 1 China, 1 Singapore, 1 Macau, 6 Aussie, 1 NZ. = 14smiling bouncing smiley

Makes sense but also the year has to be considered. Let's hope there will be more shows than just 14.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: December 3, 2013 16:46

Yeah! Mt Smart Stadium!

"14 On Fire": Maybe just because it's 2014? winking smiley

EDIT: Obviously no space for second shows!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-03 16:47 by Karlos123.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 3, 2013 16:55

Bob C.
frenki09
corriecas
paulywaul
TheGreek
what a bunch of nonsense about not coming to the united states because they already came here .pure crap .the good ole USA has proven time after time that Americans vote with there wallets .so bring on the stones again because it's only rock and roll and we will pay to see our beloved stones again and again.

Actually, what is pure crap is the apparent belief that there is no world that matters outside of the United States, and that the Rolling Stones seemingly should exhibit no interest in discovering that world, let alone playing gigs in it.

For heavens sake, to date on the 50th & Counting tour the USA has had the benefit of 3 arena shows in 2012, 18 arena shows in 2013, whereas by comparison the rest of the world is represented by 2 arena shows in England in 2012, and then three open air shows in 2013.

And as for Americans voting with their wallets, now that is truly a bunch of crap. This is the country in which the Stones had to "drop" a bunch of $85 seats at the last minute for pretty much every single arena show, because these same Americans that supposedly vote with their wallets were refusing en-masse to cough up silly money for seats, and keeping afore-mentioned firmly in their pockets.

Get a grip, get real ..............

Pauywaul Great Great post, Those USA people are out of their brain, well they ait got none, thats true.
Thats the problem, buta anyway Great great post .
Thanks

jeroen

One of the reasons why I don't go to forums so often is because of discussions like this. It has nothing to do with The Stones. I'm not American, but I don't feel that anybody can decide whether Americans have brain or don't have brain. It's non-sense. It's also pointless to bring up the topic of The Stones going to the US again. Who cares? I'm sure The Stones will go back to the US if they can. This thread is about USEFUL info about the upcoming Asia/Australia tour trying to help fans. I've read all 8 pages here and there is so much rubbish, useless comments, which do not help fans at all. I'm surprised that here so far nobody started talking about which is the best Taylor solo ever. smoking smiley

Well, I am American and I can confidently tell you, we do not have brains.

Well I'm not so sure about that. Someone somewhere must have had some brains back in the late sixties .... you managed to get that rocket up onto the moon ! How'd you manage that then ........ unless it was an accident, it was actually just supposed to go from Cape Canaveral to Philadelphia, but someone put too much fuel in it and it ended up on the moon ? winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home