Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: jultsi ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:26

Where did you guys find the confirmation for Shanghai?!

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:33

Toru A
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Stones are coming to Tokyo.

Toru,

these magazines are looking great. Is there maybe a way you get me one? Please contact me at henrikschulze12@yahoo.de

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:41

jultsi
Where did you guys find the confirmation for Shanghai?!

There was a tour poster with all the dates that the stones official twitter posted. It got removed though. Maybe they got the dates or venues wrong (shanghai and singapore). Sure we will get more information in the next few days.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:44

Gazza
frenki09
Got another question about pre-sales.

It's clear that you have to have a code for pre-sale.

I signed up at RollingStones.com, but I'm not getting any e-mails, news from them. (They confirmed that I'm on their list.)

I'm in China and as you know Facebook and Twitter are blocked. My VPN just expired, but I quickly extended it. I went to the Stones Facebook page and tried signing up. I clicked on "Join The Mailing List" -- it's the 4th head on the page after "Photos", "iTunes" and "Store". So I clicked on it. It directed me to another page, which just partially opened, and I could't sign up, there wasn't anyplace to click on, and the middle of the page stayed blank. Why? Is this just a China problem even with VPN?

I'm not so much into social networks. Don't have time for it, and I can get all the info I need via sites like IORR.

Please help. Bjornulf? Gazza? Anybody? Please shine a light...

The Shanghai date is March 12, and I have a feeling that pre-sale will be on Thursday local time. So I ain't got much time.

Some presales are for people who have membership to events at the venue.There's no paid rs.com membership anymore so pre-sale access is pretty much open to everyone. They tend to post links on their fb and twitter feeds just before they go on sale (I wonder have they even thought about the lack of social media access in China? Nothing would surprise me). rs.com really should be e-mailing info - but I generally find that historically once a tour leaves the US, they're somewhat lacking when it comes to information.

Hopefully someone will post the codes here for you and other fans who have similar problems with censorship.

Maybe its on the site already? I think Tokyo presale is today. Try and access the presale for that as a 'test' and see if a code is provided.

Hey, Gazza,

I appreciate your time and help.

So what you are saying is that maybe a code would not be necessary for pre-sale? Hmm... Then what is the point of pre-sale for a day, and another sale a few days later?

I believe the Japanese site asks you to sign up with your credit card data... Since I don't speak Japanese I don't wanna mess with that.

So hopefully others could share their experience with pre-sales. (This could be the reason for the delay of the Shanghai date. They are still trying to figure out how to sell tickets here...)

I don't think the Stones machine cares whether Chinese have access to Facebook or not. THEY SHOULD CARE. But it's all about money nowadays, so I wouldn't expect them to care... But fingers crossed.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:50

No, Im sayiong a code will be necessary but maybe it'll be on the rs.com site. Probably on fb/twitter though.

I wouldnt get too worried yet, though. The Shanghai date, as of now, still hasnt been confirmed on any official Stones site.

the whole 'pre-sale' thing is a bit of a con, anyway. As it has free access, its really nothing more than an early (but somewhat limited time-wise) public sale. And each sale will have tickets in all categories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-04 14:53 by Gazza.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:51

Hehehe... playing the UAE, hope they won't kill too many slaves while building the stage or the stadium.

Posted by: jultsi ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:53

Yep, I saw that poster too but it was removed… Macau-tickets come to pre sale tomorrow and sale the day after tomorrow, so I wonder should I buy a ticket to there or wait for the Shanghai…I live in Shanghai.

Date: December 4, 2013 15:01

Gazza
No, Im sayiong a code will be necessary but maybe it'll be on the rs.com site. Probably on fb/twitter though.

I wouldnt get too worried yet, though. The Shanghai date, as of now, still hasnt been confirmed on any official Stones site.

the whole 'pre-sale' thing is a bit of a con, anyway. As it has free access, its really nothing more than an early (but somewhat limited time-wise) public sale. And each sale will have tickets in all categories.

I see. I see. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I wouldn't be surprised if they would start selling tix right after the announcement. This was the case with Tokyo. (Although I don't see any codes on rs.com for Tokyo.) So I wanna be prepared for anything. Time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me...

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:08

jultsi
Yep, I saw that poster too but it was removed… Macau-tickets come to pre sale tomorrow and sale the day after tomorrow, so I wonder should I buy a ticket to there or wait for the Shanghai…I live in Shanghai.

I'm tempted by Macau as well (I live in South Korea) but I think i'm going to hold out for Singapore. I share your pain!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:15

frenki09
Gazza

I wouldn't be surprised if they would start selling tix right after the announcement. This was the case with Tokyo. (Although I don't see any codes on rs.com for Tokyo.) So I wanna be prepared for anything. Time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me...

Does anyone here know where the presale codes were published for Tokyo? And for Australia for that matter? facebook, twitter, promoter's site? All three?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-04 15:15 by Gazza.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:15

frenki09

The orange poster was added to a post here, but I can no longer find it in this thread... Removed from IORR...

Removed from IORR...by BV sad smiley

(It was above this Post.)

Date: December 4, 2013 15:16

petewasbristol
jultsi

I'm tempted by Macau as well (I live in South Korea) but I think i'm going to hold out for Singapore. I share your pain!

If there's no news about Shanghai before the Macau sale starts on the 5th, buy a tic for Macau, and if later you grab a tic for Shanghai just sell the one you have for Macau. Maybe I'll buy it! drinking smiley

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:16

Toru,
I were happy also to get one of these japanese newspaper/magazine.
I'll pay for them!
Thanks in advance!
Chris

christian.fiot@cegetel.net

Date: December 4, 2013 15:18

Irix
frenki09

The orange poster was added to a post here, but I can no longer find it in this thread... Removed from IORR...

Removed from IORR...by BV sad smiley

(It was above this Post.)

Well... Mainland China is ALWAYS a problem when it comes to big names. There wasn't even the slightest chance that the Stones would play Beijing. (They could have made up for the cancelled gig in the Chinese capital because of SARS.)

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:24

JumpinJeppeFlash
It says "primary sale" here for Tokyo Dome:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Any idea if it´s possible for european people to buy?

Below the GC seating plan, VIP packages are mentioned.
[t2.pia.jp]

SLO VIP services may sell VIP packages.
[slotix.com]

If you want to buy tickets through 'pia' and get delivered, you need the delivery address in Japan.
If you have friends in Japan, ask them to help buying and receiving tickets.
If you don't have any friends in Japan, some people use the hotel address, and ask the hotel if it is OK to receive posts.
Alternatively you can choose to collect from machines at convenience stores.
Or some people ask 'pia' if it is possible to collect at the box office on the day of the event.

question@pia.co.jp

At the moment you can only apply tickets and you will be informed if you could book tickets by email after 18:00pm, 19th December .

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:33

Interesting that the tour itinary has a good series of Australian dates with the time honoured three days or so gap between shows.

Kind of lays to rest the theory that they're getting too fragile to do it...and possibly augers well for the extent of continued adventures back in Europe and the Americas.

Date: December 4, 2013 15:41

ladywilliam
JumpinJeppeFlash

[www.rollingstones.com]

[t2.pia.jp]

[slotix.com]

If you want to buy tickets through 'pia' and get delivered, you need the delivery address in Japan.
If you don't have any friends in Japan, some people use the hotel address, and ask the hotel if it is OK to receive posts.
Or some people ask 'pia' if it is possible to collect at the box office on the day of the event.

question@pia.co.jp

At the moment you can only apply tickets and you will be informed if you could book tickets by email after 18:00pm, 19th December .

That's very useful. Thanks! So for Tokyo there were no codes, right? On Facebook somebody wrote the following about Tokyo: "I've just applied to a ticket lottery system. It's gonna be very competitive!!"

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:45

ladywilliam
JumpinJeppeFlash

[www.rollingstones.com]

[t2.pia.jp]

[slotix.com]

question@pia.co.jp

Many thanks! Seems to be very hard for people outside Japan to buy tickets.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:47

frenki09
ladywilliam
JumpinJeppeFlash

[www.rollingstones.com]

[t2.pia.jp]

[slotix.com]

question@pia.co.jp

That's very useful. Thanks! So for Tokyo there were no codes, right? On Facebook somebody wrote the following about Tokyo: "I've just applied to a ticket lottery system. It's gonna be very competitive!!"

Correct, i've just attended that lottery as well.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:49

Spud
Interesting that the tour itinary has a good series of Australian dates with the time honoured three days or so gap between shows.

Kind of lays to rest the theory that they're getting too fragile to do it...and possibly augers well for the extent of continued adventures back in Europe and the Americas.
It's actually only a courtesy to the fans to get a rest for the next showhot smiley eye rolling smiley
As we are thinking of going down under for the arena shows and hanging rock it's also some spare time to see the country on a limited extend like we did in May in Californa/Nevada.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:49

I still don't understand how I can get tickets for Macau.
it says presale tomorrow, but how?
and same for sales. it says friday, ok, but there is a website like ticketmaster? and the cotai website says nothing

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:51

frenki09

That's right. No codes, just need to register on pia and apply, then wait until 19th December.

I'm sure there are some ticket sites in China. You need to find them or ask Jusin or Elton's fans how they got tickets. Good Luck!!

Date: December 4, 2013 15:51

andrea66
I still don't understand how I can get tickets for Macau.
it says presale tomorrow, but how?
and same for sales. it says friday, ok, but there is a website like ticketmaster? and the cotai website says nothing
I asked directly at the hotel Venetian macau homepage and they told me last week to check frequently again. I think tickets will be also handled via that site.
[www.cotaiticketing.com]
They will offer packages including hotel as far as I understood.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:52

henrik87
Toru A

Toru,

these magazines are looking great. Is there maybe a way you get me one? Please contact me at [email protected]

henrik87,

That was extra issue of a Asahi newspaper circulated in front of the station.
Sorry, I don't have any spare.

Instead,
please watch today's evening news coverage about Stones.smiling smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 4, 2013 15:54

Gazza
frenki09
Gazza

Does anyone here know where the presale codes were published for Tokyo? And for Australia for that matter? facebook, twitter, promoter's site? All three?

Twitter and Facebook for Adelaide. Think 'tru the App as well.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 4, 2013 16:00

Toru A

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 16:00

thanks, I will try again

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 16:01

Date: December 4, 2013 16:05

the pre sale codes for Australia are also available under [www.frontiertouring.com] you have to register. It's a personal code and valid only for you. I have asked for all shows, but the personal presale code was the same for all shows asked.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 16:06

Toru A
henrik87
Toru A

Toru,

these magazines are looking great. Is there maybe a way you get me one? Please contact me at [email protected]

henrik87,

Sorry, I don't have any spare.

Instead,
please watch today's evening news coverage about Stones.smiling smiley

Thanks! Could you maybe contact me by email as I am very interested in newspaper articles regarding the Stones shows in Japan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1362
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home