Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 16:17

ladywilliam
frenki09
That's very useful. Thanks! So for Tokyo there were no codes, right? On Facebook somebody wrote the following about Tokyo: "I've just applied to a ticket lottery system. It's gonna be very competitive!!"

That's right. No codes, just need to register on pia and apply, then wait until 19th December.

I'm sure there are some ticket sites in China. You need to find them or ask Jusin or Elton's fans how they got tickets. Good Luck!!

I know a few ticket sites in China, but so far they have no info about the Stones in Shanghai...

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 16:21

RS.com
A further two big concerts in Asia will be announced soon.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Has to be Shanghai and Singapore.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 4, 2013 17:21

frenki09
Well... Mainland China is ALWAYS a problem when it comes to big names. There wasn't even the slightest chance that the Stones would play Beijing. (They could have made up for the cancelled gig in the Chinese capital because of SARS.)

Why would that be? Is there a political or cultural problem with Beijing as opposed to Shanghai? I know Shanghai is bigger, but (if Im reading it right) your post seems to infer that its easier to organise a show there than in the capital.

Date: December 4, 2013 17:49

Gazza
frenki09
Well... Mainland China is ALWAYS a problem when it comes to big names. There wasn't even the slightest chance that the Stones would play Beijing. (They could have made up for the cancelled gig in the Chinese capital because of SARS.)

Why would that be? Is there a political or cultural problem with Beijing as opposed to Shanghai? I know Shanghai is bigger, but (if Im reading it right) your post seems to infer that its easier to organise a show there than in the capital.

Deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-05 03:55 by frenki09.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2013 19:37

First of all please do not turn this thread into a discussion about politics. We do all know the lyrics of Street Finging Man, Gimme Shelter and Undercover. That is not the point here. The point is the fact that The Rolling Stones at average age 70 still want to ROCK'N'ROLL !!!

They have a wish list of where to go and what to do, with limitations on number of shows and all of that. Then the promoters across the globe dig out nice and interesting prospects. And they sign off a package. This package is now "14 ON FIRE". The marketeers love numbers. 03. 50, 99, 14... These numbers may be put on the back of a football jersey, a T-shirt or on any logo.

I love the "14 ON FIRE" concept, because it is telling me the Stones still work with the best people in the business. A great brand for another great tour. And it is 1000% better than GRRR ... This will be the first 14 shows in 2014 and it will be a great start of another great Stones year, also a very expensive travel experience unless you live in the area.

A final note about China... I have been to Istanbul and Shanghai with the Stones. I have seen the other part of Puerto Rico, where no tourists are supposed to walk. I have been to Cuba, Tanzania, Mexico, Iceland, Spain, Australia, Japan, Thailand, Singapore and on and on. Every country have challenges. We are not God or Allah or Jesus or any superior entity who can say what is good or bad. People are marching in the strets for some times good and other times not so good reasons. I have traveled the world for 42 years to follow the Stones around, and what I have learned is one and one thing only - do not think you know everything, be in respect when you visit a culture or a country, you are a visitor, and you are not in a position to tell what is right or wrong.

Finally, if you need to tell someone what is right and wrong - get a dog - and live out your dream of domination... This was my December speech!

Bjornulf

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: December 4, 2013 20:00

Everything's fine just believe in ROCK N ROLL Religion and The Greatest ROCK N ROLL BAND ALIVE THE ROLLING STONES!!! Whoooo Whoooo!

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 20:02

Bjornulf,

What is the best way for U.S. residents to get Japan tickets? Even with Google translator this seems complicated and rather difficult. Thanks for the help!

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: December 4, 2013 20:03

Thanks Bv this site should not be political at all just rock and roll. I agree with you 100 % on what you said. Please folks keep it rock and roll and only Stones.

Date: December 4, 2013 22:00

I hope our Japanese friends may help explaining how to get tickets for Tokyo Dome! Feel free to post here!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 4, 2013 23:10

bv
I have been to Istanbul and Shanghai with the Stones. I have seen the other part of Puerto Rico, where no tourists are supposed to walk. I have been to Cuba, Tanzania, Mexico, Iceland, Spain, Australia, Japan, Thailand, Singapore and on and on.

You have even been to Utrecht smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 4, 2013 23:12

bv
I hope our Japanese friends may help explaining how to get tickets for Tokyo Dome! Feel free to post here!

I'm not Japanese, but I found just this link. Hope its the right one and I could helped you!

[www.japanconcerttickets.com] >grinning smiley<

or maybe you must request Tickets direct at Tokyo Dome?

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: December 5, 2013 00:11

Come to New York City!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 5, 2013 00:25

bv
I have been to Istanbul and Shanghai with the Stones. I have seen the other part of Puerto Rico, where no tourists are supposed to walk. I have been to Cuba, Tanzania, Mexico, Iceland, Spain, Australia, Japan, Thailand, Singapore and on and on.

Well he may have been to Utrecht, but I have been stranded on Utirik for 3 weeks...I guarantee no matter how long they play the Stones will never do a show there winking smiley)

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 5, 2013 00:27

Hey, you, fans from North America... Don't be so impatient! A few months ago the Stones were playing in your area... ( As you see, i can't wait for european tour's leg).

PS: BV said: "We are not God or Allah or Jesus or any superior entity..." I like this statement. Firstly, because it's true. Secontly, because i consider myself as an atheist... Just a personal conviction...

Posted by: Hurristone ()
Date: December 5, 2013 00:39

1'm 4eady

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 5, 2013 00:56

I went to watch Paul McCartney last month in Fukuoka and it was the same lottery system. I was lucky that a friend of mine was living in Japan at the time and so could apply/buy/receive the tickets. Basically it is a lottery and there is no guarantee of tickets. Three nights in Tokyo is good (very surprised they are not doing Osaka which has a bigger Stones fanbase imo) and will give everyone a better chance. Demand will be huge though, hence the lottery. Good luck to everyone. Catching any gig in Japan is an incredible experience. Catching a Stones gig in Japan would be unbelievable.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 5, 2013 01:09

Here's a qeustion, the offical site says:

The stage design for the indoor concerts is based on the band’s ubiquitous tongue and lips logo, which extends out into the crowd, allowing the Stones to interact directly with their audience. The exclusive ‘Tongue Pit’ GA Standing area inside the stage will give fans in this area an incomparable 360 degree concert experience.

I am eager to relive my experiences in the Tonque Pit, and my problem is the work thing, so I am asking for time of now.

But the Rod Laver Arena is not truely in doors. The size is more along the lines of an indoor arena though....so any ideas?

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 5, 2013 01:17

Rod Laver is indoors.

[youtu.be]

There's fever in the funkhouse now!

Date: December 5, 2013 01:22

Rolling Hansie
bv

And I have even been to Breda, and Oldenzaaal, and of course Utrecht, that one was easy. Liked it in Leiden by the way, it was my base when the Stones played in the Ruhr area, think it was Gelsenkirchen, believe it or not. I had a car and crossed the Rhine far too many times by mistake, never use a map smiling smiley

Bjornulf

Posted by: lioness ()
Date: December 5, 2013 01:38

kahoosier
Here's a qeustion, the offical site says:

The stage design for the indoor concerts is based on the band’s ubiquitous tongue and lips logo, which extends out into the crowd, allowing the Stones to interact directly with their audience. The exclusive ‘Tongue Pit’ GA Standing area inside the stage will give fans in this area an incomparable 360 degree concert experience.

I am eager to relive my experiences in the Tonque Pit, and my problem is the work thing, so I am asking for time of now.

But the Rod Laver Arena is not truely in doors. The size is more along the lines of an indoor arena though....so any ideas?

Rod Laver is indoors. They only open the roof for the tennis. While I like allphones in Sydney - it is more Us-style arena - I would argue RLA is one of the best arenas I have been to. The shape is different, more square shaped, and the seating feels very close.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 5, 2013 01:41

Does anyone know "du" arena's (Abu Dhabi) capacity? Just curious...

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 5, 2013 01:42

clance65
Bjornulf,

What is the best way for U.S. residents to get Japan tickets? Even with Google translator this seems complicated and rather difficult. Thanks for the help!

Clance65,

Advance reservation on Ticket Pia Ticket Pia - Stones Japan

As far as I know,
Ticket Pia has not a page in another language than Japanese.
To make things worse, they all require a Japanese postal address in the process of ordering,
since credit cards registered abroad do usually not work and tickets are not sent outside of Japan.confused smiley

Things you will need:
A Japanese address
A Japanese phone number
An input method for typing in Japanese
Credit Card regislation

As Ladykiller kindly proposed above, Japan Concert Tickets ( [www.japanconcerttickets.com] ) or Slotix for VIP tour ( [slotix.com] ) are conceivable options.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 5, 2013 01:44

Seeing the world is definitely one of the distinct advantages of being a dedicated Rolling Stones fan...

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 5, 2013 01:53

Here's two full-sized ad by Kyodo Tokyo Promotion on Japanese leading Newspaper.
Thank you Paul for all sold out shows! Welcome back to Japan, Stones!

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 5, 2013 01:55

In Japan people actually print/ buy their tickets at convenience stores. There are machines that allow you to do so in these stores. If that is an option on delivery for these tickets then maybe you won't need a Japanese mailing address?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-05 01:57 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 5, 2013 02:11

Every time I have gone to a concert in Japan the only way to get tickets has been to get a local to buy the tickets for me. VERY probhibitive if you are not in the country!

Posted by: winos ()
Date: December 5, 2013 02:14

Let's hope there are no bushfires in Australia over summer otherwise the name of the tour "14 on fire" might sound a bit tragic.....

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: December 5, 2013 02:39

bv
Rolling Hansie
bv

And I have even been to Breda, and Oldenzaaal, and of course Utrecht, that one was easy. Liked it in Leiden by the way, it was my base when the Stones played in the Ruhr area, think it was Gelsenkirchen, believe it or not. I had a car and crossed the Rhine far too many times by mistake, never use a map smiling smiley

You've even been to the great village of Oud-Beijerland! How many around here can say that?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 5, 2013 02:55

daytime
Thanks Bv this site should not be political at all just rock and roll. I agree with you 100 % on what you said. Please folks keep it rock and roll and only Stones.

No one did. It was a simple question about why its easier to play Shanghai than Beijing.

Date: December 5, 2013 03:54

Gazza
daytime

No one did. It was a simple question about why its easier to play Shanghai than Beijing.

I think I replied to Gazza's question in a very polite and reasonable way without hurting anyone. It only states facts and explained why The Stones will not play Beijing. It was a very simple question from Gazza. My comment was not political. It wasn't racial, it wasn't anti-China. I love China, most of my friends are Chinese, my girlfriend of many years is Chinese. I wouldn't be living in China for 7 years if I didn't like it. And I actually work for the Chinese government in a way. I never even implied what is good or bad, what is right or wrong. But I will delete my post. As I said before there are so many unrealted comments on this thread. Gazza's question had at least something to do with the Stones. If you want I can delete this post as well. Oh, and just one more thing: "Finally, if you need to tell someone what is right and wrong - get a dog - and live out your dream of domination..." This was a really unnecessary and personal remark. I find it insulting. I wouldn't even tell something so unsettling to people I don't like, never publicly and never ever to a stranger. (And nobody should buy a dog to live out his/her dream of domination. It's not even funny to say something like this.) No matter what, I love the Stones and I love IORR. Keep up the good work. And let's have a beer in Shanghai. GOOD LUCK to everybody trying to secure a ticket.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-05 04:36 by frenki09.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home