Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 12:36

If they all use El Mundo as source, it doesn't mean much. Especially if this was based on BVs info on here.

Would be nice to know, what the "new" official announcement day is? When is the teasing going to start?

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: March 5, 2014 13:53

Just to have a clue, what would be the average ticket price for pitch?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 5, 2014 13:55

Around 600 euro's?

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 13:56

My guess is around 100 euros.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 5, 2014 14:02

About Pinkpop: Jan Smeets said he don't know anything about the confirmation of Pinkpop. He still waits for the answer of the Stones: Pinkpop Jan Smeets Quote

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 5, 2014 14:08

island01
My guess is around 100 euros.

For the pit? Never

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: March 5, 2014 14:35

Just listened in Rock FM (Spain), they talk with the promotor and it´s "just a rumour", nothing is confirmed!!

My translation : soon the Stones will confirm the european tour and the date will be confirmed!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 5, 2014 14:39

Ha! he didn't deny it. I've had Rock FM on for a few hours (in fact, turned it on to SMU, heh) but I guess I missed that interview

Date: March 5, 2014 14:49

It has not been really an interview, they have told it in the news, it is supposed that they have spoken with him out of line smiling smiley

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 5, 2014 14:57

Still a rumor but reliable sources (=people who sit in a certain bottleneck related to a certain aspect of any gig at the mentioned location) talk about -/+ MAY 26th OR +/- May 10th as the Tel Aviv gig, not June 10th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 14:59 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 5, 2014 15:16

I just don't think that the Stones will announce the tour within the next days. Last years North America tour has been announced 4-5 weeks prior to the first concert.
the Far East/Pacific tour has been announced Dec 3rd around and it's about 10 weeks ahead to the first show. That might have been done because much more organisation was involved.
So either the tour starts earlier than the rumoured dates (say may) and we have an announcement during this current leg or it will be at the end/after the tour if the European dates are later in June/July.

Date: March 5, 2014 15:17

[www.diariosur.es]

Translation

The promoter of the concerts of the Rolling Stones, Doctor Music, has hurried in denying the information that was advancing the digital edition of ' El Mundo ' and which there have echoed several means, which were confirming a concert in Madrid next June 25. In a "urgent" press release published in his web page, the company indicates that still there has not been closed any action of the European tour of the band, " for what is not possible to assure which will be the date of the concert neither in Spain, nor which will be the stadium, neither to give for insurance that Madrid is finally the chosen city ".

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 15:36

kaskatanas
[www.diariosur.es]

Translation

The promoter of the concerts of the Rolling Stones, Doctor Music, has hurried in denying the information that was advancing the digital edition of ' El Mundo ' and which there have echoed several means, which were confirming a concert in Madrid next June 25. In a "urgent" press release published in his web page, the company indicates that still there has not been closed any action of the European tour of the band, " for what is not possible to assure which will be the date of the concert neither in Spain, nor which will be the stadium, neither to give for insurance that Madrid is finally the chosen city ".

good news... they said dont know when.... and that they dont know if madrid is the final venue.... but they dont said stones are not going to play in Spain

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2014 15:43

Grison
I just don't think that the Stones will announce the tour within the next days. Last years North America tour has been announced 4-5 weeks prior to the first concert.
the Far East/Pacific tour has been announced Dec 3rd around and it's about 10 weeks ahead to the first show. That might have been done because much more organisation was involved.
So either the tour starts earlier than the rumoured dates (say may) and we have an announcement during this current leg or it will be at the end/after the tour if the European dates are later in June/July.

US tour was late being announced because of 11th hour issues with contracts.

It caused problems because so many shows sold slowly as they misjudged the market.

It was also an arena tour. If theyre playing outdoor shows, they'll simply need more time to sell tickets. Especially the most expensive ones.

Waiting until about April to sell tickets for June-July when most of Europe have made their holiday plans for the summer (let alone the counter attractions of the World Cup - always something that adversely affects the concert market even though its on another continent this year) would be an act of utter insanity.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 5, 2014 15:58

The closer we get to the announcement, which will be in less than on e week as from now, the more promoters will DENY the fact that there will be a show in their territory. Because they have signed a contract saying they are not supposed to say ANYTHING until the Stones announce. Then there is a bunch of others who fish in the water and they try to make some attention for their shows and parties now. It seems like the list is done now. I will update my list accordingly. A few dates will be removed, but most will stay.

Bjornulf

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 16:05

Although I don't see a proper match between the Stones and Pinkpop, Jan Smeets (the organizer of Pinkpop) made some very strong hints a few hours ago in the Dutch media. He is not a speculator but usually makes hints like these only when they are true.

Based on this, I would say the Stones will reveal the first dates before Wednesday next week.
If Pinkpop is included, the good thing is that it will be broadcast and available in pro-shot.

[www.ad.nl]

In english, the organizer of Pinkpop said:
"If I knew anything, I'd tell you. We agreed that I would not be the first the announce it, that would be Mr. Jagger himself. I don't know what everybody is waiting for".

In an earlier press statement Smeets mentioned that "the visit by the Stones to Pinkpop has come one step further".

Smeets will reveal the complete line-up next week on wednesday in the traditional press release in Paradiso, Amsterdam.

Posted by: djeff ()
Date: March 5, 2014 16:12

bv
The closer we get to the announcement, which will be in less than on e week as from now, the more promoters will DENY the fact that there will be a show in their territory. Because they have signed a contract saying they are not supposed to say ANYTHING until the Stones announce. Then there is a bunch of others who fish in the water and they try to make some attention for their shows and parties now. It seems like the list is done now. I will update my list accordingly. A few dates will be removed, but most will stay.

Ihope not, but I think Antwerp will be removed…. :-(

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 16:16

Hope there are some shows still not on the list. We want 15 dates! winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 5, 2014 16:33

They are gonna make an announcement before, or on March 12, because thats the date, MARCH 12, when Pinkpop has its official Press announcement.

Jeroen

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 16:35

We want East-Central European dates. Please!!!!!!
(Budapest or Prague or Zagreb or Belgrade or Warsaw...etc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 16:39 by 1962.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 5, 2014 16:53

corriecas
They are gonna make an announcement before, or on March 12, because thats the date, MARCH 12, when Pinkpop has its official Press announcement.

Jeroen
That sounds promising if they do Pinkpop.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 17:17

Please bv
Any chance for an East European date?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 17:18 by 1962.

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 5, 2014 17:23

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:14 by Program.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 17:23

Amsterdam (Ziggo Dome) removed. Reason: Ziggo dome was not willing to pay the money, because the tickets then would be 200 euro or more. Too much of a risk?

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 5, 2014 17:26

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:15 by Program.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 5, 2014 17:39

jackflash27
Amsterdam (Ziggo Dome) removed. Reason: Ziggo dome was not willing to pay the money, because the tickets then would be 200 euro or more. Too much of a risk?

[twitter.com]

"Neem het geval Rolling Stones. Traditioneel is Leon Ramakers de man die zaken doet met de band, maar toen Live Nation eerder dit jaar in een risicovolle rechtszaak verwikkeld was, ging de band toch even om zich heen kijken. En Venema is geen rare gesprekspartner. "Het ging om een losse show, tickets moesten van 300 tot 500 euro gaan kosten. Een groot risico, want de laatste twee tours in Amerika gingen bepaald niet vanzelf. Ik wilde dat niet doen. Ik zou mijn bedrijf drie maanden plat hebben moeten leggen voor een enkele show, en als het mis gaat ben ik failliet. Leon heeft er kennelijk ook geen goed gevoel bij, anders had hij wel een arenashow gedaan. Er was sprake van Ziggo Dome, Gelredome of Ahoy, maar als Pinkpop doorgaat is het voor hem een goede oplossing. "

[3voor12.vpro.nl]

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 5, 2014 17:40

And Ziggodome is right, an average price of €200,- or more for a seated ticket is bollocks.
That means €300 first ring near the stage, or more. Doubt if that would sell easy.
A pitty, it means I won't go to a stonesshow, but completely understandable.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 5, 2014 17:40

Doctor Music, promoter of the Stones in Spain has informed urgently this:
[www.doctormusic.com]
For Immediate Release
Following the news published today on the website of newspaper El Mundo, and other media have echoed the same, assuming confirmed a concert by The Rolling Stones at the Vicente Calderon Stadium on June 25 next, Doctor Music announced that, although the next European tour group is in advanced stage of planning any concerts in Europe has been confirmed yet, so can not be assured at this time what will be the date of the concert in Spain, or what is the premises, nor take it for granted that the city Madrid is finally chosen. Keep you informed.

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 5, 2014 17:56

I was sure that most of the little venues will be removed...

Hope it will not remain only stadiums and festivals... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2014 18:25

Bad sign when a promoter in Holland, of all places, wont touch a Stones show in that country because the ticket prices he'll have to charge to break even make it too much of a risk.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home