Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 28, 2014 15:06

Thommie
The Tongue stage at www.tele2arena.se in Stockholm would be perfect!

I don't think they will use the tongue stage in a football stadium.
If they plan to play a stadium show in Sweden, they will more likely choose between the two largest venues (Ullevi or Friends Arena). And use the stadium stage.
But, if they plan to use the tongue stage for a show in Sweden, it is more likely to take place in the Ericsson Globe (or Malmö Arena, for that matter).

Posted by: fourflicks ()
Date: February 28, 2014 15:18

Sorry to disapoint many of you, but most of your hopes will simply not happen.
With only 18 shows in Europe, the Stones will simply focus on the major markets. and although many cities would have deserved a show only very few will get one.
and in times like these were we are still all talking about economical crisis it will be the stronger, richer countries getting most shows.
As nice as it would be to have again a show in a country like Romania or Croatia and these crowds really would deserve it, it will simply not happen as people would not be abl;e/willing to afford the expensive tickets.
Even in a richer country like Austria I have my doubts that people will pay more than 250 euros for a ticket.that's also the reason why I have my doubts about a show at the Stadthalle, where the Stones haven't played since 1976.

and as BV already wrote it will be a mix of all kinds, arenas, stadiums and festivals which even further limits the chances of some places.

we just have to be patient and happy that we most probably will get a chance this summer to see the Stones once again closer to home than a 6 hour flight (as long as you're from Europe ;-)
The dates will be announced in a few weeks and then we will know more

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 28, 2014 15:35

Tele2 Arena and Globe Arena would be perfect since they are nextdoor to each other! Let's hope for that...

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 28, 2014 15:35

18 shows?
Thought only 15...?

Date: February 28, 2014 16:53

sorry 18 was the figure we were talking as max. last year.
it seems this year it's less you're right so 15

Date: February 28, 2014 17:01

fourflicks
Sorry to disapoint many of you, but most of your hopes will simply not happen.
With only 18 shows in Europe, the Stones will simply focus on the major markets. and although many cities would have deserved a show only very few will get one.
and in times like these were we are still all talking about economical crisis it will be the stronger, richer countries getting most shows.
As nice as it would be to have again a show in a country like Romania or Croatia and these crowds really would deserve it, it will simply not happen as people would not be abl;e/willing to afford the expensive tickets.
Even in a richer country like Austria I have my doubts that people will pay more than 250 euros for a ticket.that's also the reason why I have my doubts about a show at the Stadthalle, where the Stones haven't played since 1976.

and as BV already wrote it will be a mix of all kinds, arenas, stadiums and festivals which even further limits the chances of some places.

we just have to be patient and happy that we most probably will get a chance this summer to see the Stones once again closer to home than a 6 hour flight (as long as you're from Europe ;-)
The dates will be announced in a few weeks and then we will know more

That's why we're discussing scandinavian dates...

Date: February 28, 2014 17:34

which makes absolute sense as we all know that these are some of the top markets. personally I would have first expected a show in sweden so I am rather surprised not to find any show on this list, specially as Stockholm was one of the 5 cities which received in 2003 the full treatment
but probably more cities in scandinavia will still be added

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 28, 2014 17:34

Wouldn't bet money on Scandinavian dates myself, but one can always hope.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: February 28, 2014 18:12

I will not be attending any of the upcoming shows-distance, money involved, family, etc. so I have just been enjoying the reports and videos.

While I don't care for the current stage set up I do think it is a reflection of cost, mobility and simplicity. Perhaps also a return to the days before Michael Khol. Although the Fisher designed stages were wonderful they do add a level of management to the band (Mick and Charlie) that they and us could do without.

The video screens seems to do much of what the massive stages once did and with the longer breaks and limited shows it just seem reasonable and smarter that the current stage used in Abu Dhabi and Tokyo will continue.

I do see that the stage and catwalk are too high but perhaps there are reasons for this we don't know about. The catwalk is wider which means less chance of a tumble and perhaps the distance from the fans helps with the comfort zone of the musicians even though the view from the front row are just silly for that money. I would guess that this stage is easier to transport- one 747 cargo plane and a few trucks-instead of the 17 plus trucks for Licks in North America. With longer breaks between gigs you only need one stage.

Anyway, enjoy what you get Stones fans. I think Europe will be the last round and then it will be back to rare recordings being released and no more.

Posted by: Program ()
Date: February 28, 2014 18:15

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:13 by Program.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 28, 2014 18:41

Yup they could drag fans from Northern Germany, Sweden, Finland, Norway (and Denmark of coruse) in one go...
One down 14 to go! grinning smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 28, 2014 20:11

Program
Hi
You should know that this year´s Roskilde Festival takes place from 29. June to 6. July.The Stones have played many places in Denmark, but never the Roskilde Festival. In 2006 they played in Horsens, and previously often in Copenhagen. Someone wrote that the Stones in 2014 were looking for new places to play on this year´s tour, places never played before. Roskilde Festival fits that bill.

...Good point! makes sense, imo.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 28, 2014 22:12

I've heard the Roskilde rumor too. When Springsteen was playing Roskilde, there were rumors many months before. Maybe, if we're lucky, The Stones will do it. Just have to say that Stones at Roskilde is a rumor that pops up every time they tour, so I wouldn't bet on it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 1, 2014 00:08

JumpingKentFlash
I've heard the Roskilde rumor too. When Springsteen was playing Roskilde, there were rumors many months before. Maybe, if we're lucky, The Stones will do it. Just have to say that Stones at Roskilde is a rumor that pops up every time they tour, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Then they could revisit the Orange Stage from 1976 (the newest version is from 2001).

Posted by: winos ()
Date: March 1, 2014 04:00

These European shows along with the SE Asia/Australia/NZ tour is starting to resemble a farewell tour - one show in each major city or major festival.

My guess is they will finish with a few more dates in other parts of the USA late this year and that will be it....

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 1, 2014 04:02

Topi
Wouldn't bet money on Scandinavian dates myself, but one can always hope.

Wealthiest part of Europe, huge fanbase, no shows since 2007 and the region that was most strongly linked to shows on the late 2013 euro tour which probably didnt happen because there was less confidence in less wealthy markets?

Personally, I think its likely to be at the very top of their places to play this summer.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 1, 2014 04:07

winos
These European shows along with the SE Asia/Australia/NZ tour is starting to resemble a farewell tour - one show in each major city or major festival.

My guess is they will finish with a few more dates in other parts of the USA late this year and that will be it....

Resembles more of a 'Never Ending Tour' to me.

Short bursts of touring, with no defined 'end date'. It'll probably end when the demand isnt there or they get bored or die.

the simple reason for rarely doing more than one show per city is because at these prices the market for multiple nights isnt there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-01 04:09 by Gazza.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 1, 2014 05:38

SPellegrino

I do see that the stage and catwalk are too high but perhaps there are reasons for this we don't know about. The catwalk is wider which means less chance of a tumble and perhaps the distance from the fans helps with the comfort zone of the musicians even though the view from the front row are just silly for that money. I would guess that this stage is easier to transport- one 747 cargo plane and a few trucks-instead of the 17 plus trucks for Licks in North America. With longer breaks between gigs you only need one stage.

Anyway, enjoy what you get Stones fans. I think Europe will be the last round and then it will be back to rare recordings being released and no more.

At the risk of sounding like a scratched record, this is what myself and a few other Oz fans are worried about.
When Adelaide was announced we pounced. Scored front row tix Ronnie's side under a 'Diamond package' deal. $1500 a pop, but we thought, stones, front row, what a chance.
Now with reports about the stage and catwalk being that high that you can't see sh*t, the buzz on they show is turning to stress.
Just watched Hyde Park again and the catwalk has a slight angle before it turns into the ramp. This current setup just jets out at stage level and is way too high for close fans.
I've emailed the promoter and ticketing agency telling them about our concerns, and that I will be demanding a refund if my 'Diamond' seat turns out to be a 'charcoal' seat.

The latest from one promoter is Mick wanted the ramp for 'security' and no steps as he is 'old'.
What a crock.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 1, 2014 05:45

Norway is one of the few places they could charge 500 euro for the ticket i.e. 3.800 kr and probably sell out the entire house if they played at Spektrum or Telenor Arena. Same as a one-off show in NYC or London. There is a reason why people from Denmark and Sweden come to Norway for work.

I don't say they will play Norway only in Scandinavia, but business wise people can afford a high-priced show i.e. they are willing to pay because of the relatively high income level. A pint of beer has been costing 100 kr for years i.e. 12-13 euro.

And the upside for me is I can seep in my own bed after the show, for a change.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 1, 2014 09:25

bv

And the upside for me is I can seep in my own bed after the show, for a change.

Well, you certainly deserve that. I wouldn't mind being able to do that myself, I've only been able to sleep in my own bed after two shows in the past 25 years!

And as for the 'farewell tour" predictions, etc.--there was speculation that the 5 shows in 2012 would be the end, that Hyde Park was definitely the end, etc. I agree with Gazza--this is more like Dylan's endless tour, that will end when either the band or the audience loses interest. (I refuse to acknowledge the fact that they may one day die.)

Date: March 1, 2014 10:12

There will NEVER be any farewell tour. The Rolling Stones do not need that extra boost of ticket sales, and they do certainly not have any plans of retirement.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 1, 2014 10:55

bv
There will NEVER be any farewell tour. The Rolling Stones do not need that extra boost of ticket sales, and they do certainly not have any plans of retirement.

That's right - the Stones play as long as they can. Maybe the tours won't be as big as in the past, but as long as we can visit their concerts, it's allright. They may be old guys, yes - but they are also the toughest old guys on this planet. They won't stop the next five years, IMO.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 1, 2014 11:54

There's a Rolling Stones "ticket alert" on the Italian ticket vendor site
[www.ticketone.it]

(scroll down the first page, it's towards the lower left-hand corner)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-01 12:04 by Topi.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 1, 2014 12:27

bv: Ramat Gan stadium (Israel, rumored June 10th gig) has 40k capacity for sport events. Sold out music events are 50k capacity (the field with either standing or seating area).

Date: March 1, 2014 12:36

Wroclaw
bv: Ramat Gan stadium (Israel, rumored June 10th gig) has 40k capacity for sport events. Sold out music events are 50k capacity (the field with either standing or seating area).

I keep it at 40,000 because the Stones have lots of security measures and walkways, then we will see how many tickets they will release. Hopefully a lot!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 1, 2014 12:51

Looks like we won't get any show in the East this summer. St. Petersburg or Warsaw would be a deal. But maybe the fans there can't pay these high prices.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 1, 2014 14:07

I do not think that it only depends on east or west in Europe. It depends on the easiest way to travel in Europe with less changes of hotelrooms and the whole Crew. Thinking of the US last year they had 2 places to stay in California and off in Vegas for 7 Shows. Then a Long stay in Chicago with side trips to Toronto.So out of 18 Shows they might have had 8 Hotels. The far east/Aussie Tour will be more exhausting and I assume they won't do this in Europe. And despite the fact that they are fit on stage it is still double exhausting rushing in and out of planes/hotelroom. Once again we should respect the Age and yet the Quality they are intending to give during the Shows.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 1, 2014 14:26

bv changed from not so soon to "The tour announcement is expected for early

March" smiling bouncing smiley .............hopefully

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-01 14:27 by austrianstones.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 1, 2014 15:07

austrianstones

where did you read BVs statement about early March announcement???????????????
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-01 15:07 by corriecas.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 1, 2014 15:13

corriecas
austrianstones

where did you read BVs statement about early March announcement???????????????
Jeroen

Here: Europe Summer Tour 2014 Rumours

Look at the last sentence of the description: "The tour announcement is expected for early March."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-01 15:14 by Kaisan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2234
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home