Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 16:15

San Siro would be dream comes true for me and i'm sure they would sell it out within a few minutes. That's the only thing that could worries me hehe.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 4, 2014 16:16

djeff
Hello. Anybody home? It's Tuesday. B.V. ???

He's in Japan, and is probably sleeping now...

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: March 4, 2014 16:23

rumors ... jul,5 @ rock in roma
m.

Posted by: djeff ()
Date: March 4, 2014 16:48

Koen
djeff
Hello. Anybody home? It's Tuesday. B.V. ???

He's in Japan, and is probably sleeping now...

Yep, and there it's already wednesday…. :-)

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:07

partnerincrime
rumors ... jul,5 @ rock in roma
m.

Which is the source / site ?

I just called (public) phone number of "Rock in Roma" management (see contacts on their official site: [www.the-base.it]) to try understand something more.
They told me there are many rumors around "Stones in Italy" but now "they can't confirm nothing" because "Nothing is done"-"Nothing is sure"-"Nothing is signed". They told me also "At this moment Stones in Rome is still 1 of many possibilities, 1 of many rumors" "Only rumors".

Can't understand if we can believe in -> They can't confirm nothing also if they want but sure my question was unexpected and then their answer seemed embarrassed and reliable.

Also asked about their tweet...They told me "We wanted only share 1 song with our followers but now nothing is still sure... only 1 of many possibilities.. bla bla bla..."

BV what do you think about ? 1st July in Rome is done ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 18:33 by OnlyKeef.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:16

I think BV is sleeping now somewhere in Tokyo and dreaming about his favourite band or something

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 18:17 by 1962.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:17

Even if they know something they are not allowed to say anything.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:19

on July 1st is quite difficult, since, as already pointed out, there's Metallica already booked for that day. Therefore, July 5th is more likely. Moreover, I wouldn't care a lot about the answers you've got from them, because in any event they probably have a duty of confidentiality. Let's see what happens! The rumors so far are quite positive, aren't they?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:27

I think BV is sleeping now somewhere in Tokyo and dreaming about his favourite band or something

Nah, he's jetlagged in his hotel room with a cup of coffee, going through his pictures and deciding what to post.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 4, 2014 23:33

Wild Slivovitz
on July 1st is quite difficult, since, as already pointed out, there's Metallica already booked for that day.

Metallica are announced for 6 pm which is very early, unusual and...suspicious?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:52

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 00:54 by dcba.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:09

Spanish paper confirms Stones in Madrid in June in its front page today.

[estaticos.elmundo.es]

Date: March 5, 2014 07:50

Date: March 5, 2014 07:54

djeff
[www.elmundo.es]

So, Pinkpop indeed.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 08:31

djeff
[www.elmundo.es]

Sounds trustable. So give us the official announcement!

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 5, 2014 08:33

djeff
djeff
[www.elmundo.es]

So, Pinkpop indeed.

Seems so ... but I don't know how big El Mundo is. Is it a reputable source? I mean,it would be great to have some kind of confirmation.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: March 5, 2014 08:33

Ummmm....... 1 show "almost" in home!!! (500 km away)!!! Great!!! smiling smiley Some radios in Spain confirm the date too!! smiling smiley

My congratulations to bv becasuse he know it from last week.... really he got the contacts!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 08:35 by kaskatanas.

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: March 5, 2014 08:39

YES!!! Playing in Madrid, 10 minutos from home! Hope we will get a confirmation. I always had the hope they would again play in the Vicente Calderón Stadium...

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 5, 2014 08:58

%

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:14 by Program.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: March 5, 2014 09:12

Probably you´re right programa and the radios got the info from "El Mundo" it´s really possible. But in the paper wrote about Doctor Music and AEG so maybe they have any other info? I don´t know, the fact is they will play Madrid, and when bv and papers talk about 25 June and not "in June" .... I think the date is closed... hope so!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 5, 2014 09:33

El Mundo looks like it uses IORR's list as a source. They even have the tour "starting" from Stade de France...

Still - already booked a hotel in Madrid near the venue. Hasta entonces...winking smiley

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: March 5, 2014 09:37

@onlykeef
I've heard about jun, 29 then jul 1 and then 5.
rumors, I said, rumors ...the source? hush hush spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
m.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 5, 2014 09:46

It is important to know that a lot of journalists do read IORR. When they (re)print dates on the list from IORR that is sort of "looping" the rumour. I am sitting on background information and do always look at the source of the info. If the source of the info is IORR i.e. myself then the info is not really confirming anything. It is happening all the time. That is why I do always have a few decoy items in my lists, especially early stage, before rumours are to be trusted on a higher level.

Bjornulf

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 5, 2014 09:52

Go Go Go King BV!

Date: March 5, 2014 09:52

Good on you BV!

I don't doubt the Madrid June 25th date for a second and I'm glad I will be able to do it (whereas any early July date - outside London - would unfortunately be out of question for me. I am in London from July 4th to July 9th, for Monty Python among other things)

People: Madrid hotels on Booking.com have not raised their prices yet - act fast (with the free cancellation option of course). For example a place called Puerta de Toledo runs for about 160 € for three nights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 09:54 by Topi.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 5, 2014 10:15

bv
It is important to know that a lot of journalists do read IORR. When they (re)print dates on the list from IORR that is sort of "looping" the rumour. I am sitting on background information and do always look at the source of the info. If the source of the info is IORR i.e. myself then the info is not really confirming anything. It is happening all the time. That is why I do always have a few decoy items in my lists, especially early stage, before rumours are to be trusted on a higher level.

The Looping is part of the deal in this business. A promoter - especially in location where profitability is questionable, wants to create a BUZZ and usually launches rumors and "almosts" tips to journalists etc. I once posted in some facebook group that "the suspected gig in &%$# is strongly rumored to happen" - based on a certain article and IORR info. Someone asked me in a private message for the source, and got a link to IORR. That someone, under his username in some rock&Roll discussion board posted his confirmation for the validity of the rumor, which came back to the facebook page as a further support to the rumor - at its turn also forming a foundation to some article in some bloggers page at some online newspaper. It all took about a week. And the source was one - a rumor spread by the promoter (whom I'm sure was under serious negotiations with the band) for the very purpose of creating this buzz.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 5, 2014 10:57

Rolling Stone magazine Spain just confirmed June 25th in Madrid
Source: [rollingstone.es]
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: March 5, 2014 11:20

Not a bad idea to book hotel in Madrid with the option to cancel it for free. Anyway, I wouldn´t be too worried as a Stones concert will not affect the hotel prices and availability in my opinion.

Let see if we get a final confirmation as the Vicente Calderon is a magic place to see the Stones...remember 1982...

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 5, 2014 11:40

That's right Garbie here's some pics and videos [www.dirtyrock.eu]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: March 5, 2014 12:01

Madrid radio station ROCK FM also announces it on their Facebook page.

Looks like we are on to something here.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home