Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: March 6, 2014 10:39

Sister Marie
drocker
island01
Where is that BV's list? smiling smiley
[www.iorr.org]

Oh thanks!
One more time, I can see that the worst venue is for France (biggest/stadium), I think that the Stade de france has even a capacity of 80 000 people... eye rolling smiley

So, as usual, I will be travelling to other nice european cities! smiling bouncing smiley

I think that Stade de France wa chosen because Bercy (17.000 capacity) will be closed until october 2014 (because of its renovation), and there's no other indoor arena with a 15.000+ capacity in France...

But it's true that Stade de France is a sad place...
Why not a concert in the square in front of Chateau de Versailles? Big capacity, nice place, very attracting for people from around the world etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 10:40 by MRAmandaJones.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 6, 2014 10:39

Hotels around Stade de France filling up.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 11:09

MRAmandaJones
Sister Marie
drocker
island01
[www.iorr.org]

Oh thanks!
One more time, I can see that the worst venue is for France (biggest/stadium), I think that the Stade de france has even a capacity of 80 000 people... eye rolling smiley

So, as usual, I will be travelling to other nice european cities! smiling bouncing smiley

I think that Stade de France wa chosen because Bercy (17.000 capacity) will be closed until october 2014 (because of its renovation), and there's no other indoor arena with a 15.000+ capacity in France...

Why not a concert in the square in front of Chateau de Versailles? Big capacity, nice place, very attracting for people from around the world etc.

Just wondering what is the matter with the State de France stadium, we was booked to go and see them, until it got cancelled due to keith falling out the palm tree.Is it it the sound or the fact its a stadium?

still managed to have a good long weekend in Paris thou.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 6, 2014 11:10

Stonesfan2146
Think we could get 2 or 3 surprises i.e. more cities to be added to the schedule.
Remember, they do 15 shows thumbs up

They should make up for the Helsinki 2007 mess!!!

Date: March 6, 2014 11:13

If Ireland is on the list, i would be a bit surprised that no UK gigs would come up imho

Posted by: albop ()
Date: March 6, 2014 11:19

Sister Marie
Sister Marie
About the Stade de France, Zegut just posted:

The Rolling Stones, Stade de France, 13 juin 2014 ?
Il se pourrait que ...

The guy from Paris Match said 15 June.

But cela se précise...

Yesterday evening on the radio RTL2, Zegut gave details: he got this news from 2 different reliable sources, so he thinks this time it's OK for the 13 June.

I can't say it more but the date of June 13th is not confirmed yet.

Date: March 6, 2014 11:33

odean73
MRAmandaJones
Sister Marie
drocker
island01
[www.iorr.org]

Oh thanks!

Just wondering what is the matter with the State de France stadium, we was booked to go and see them, until it got cancelled due to keith falling out the palm tree.Is it it the sound or the fact its a stadium?

This stadium is very large (stands are far from the stage), in a area with no interest and very close to a big highway, and not very modern (a shame for a stadium built for the 1998 world cup...).
The sound is not so awful (I was said that the worst is the Parc des Princes).

But, you know, in France we're not very bright to build modern and nice stadiums...

Date: March 6, 2014 11:38

MRAmandaJones
odean73
MRAmandaJones
Sister Marie
drocker
island01
[www.iorr.org]

Oh thanks!

This stadium is very large (stands are far from the stage), in a area with no interest and very close to a big highway, and not very modern (a shame for a stadium built for the 1998 world cup...).
The sound is not so awful (I was said that the worst is the Parc des Princes).

But, you know, in France we're not very bright to build modern and nice stadiums...

Thanks for responding.

I must admit the stadium always looks good to me, when i watch the rugby on the TV, but as always the reality could be different.

I used to enjoy going the the millenium stadium in cardiff, but on my third visit to see the stones i noticed it seemed a bit drab and a bit scruffy as if no maintence had not been kept up on it.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 6, 2014 11:43

Rik wrote, about Holland: "...but the last time they sold out a show was in 2003, and with these prices..."

Yes, the highest ticket prices is a clear, serious problem. Anyway, in 2006 the Stones sold 50,000 tickets for the Amsterdam Arena show and i suppose this number is close to "sell out". In addition, i think the whole thing has partly to do with the bad reputation of the particular venue... Due it's bad acoustics, you know... In 2006, in Milan, just before the first gig of the european leg of the ABB tour, i had a covertation with some fans grom Holland. All of them told me the same: "Enough is enough with Amsterdam Arena. Gimme anything venue around the Europe, but not Arena anymore...".

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 12:13

My wishes are Milano (san Siro), Munich (Olympic stadium) or Vienna (Ernst Happel).

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 6, 2014 12:36

I have really enjoyed the Stones concerts I've attended at
Stade de France (2003 and 2006) and will certainly go again this summer.
I think it's a fantastic stadium. Great crowd and atmosphere.
But I guess standing in front of stage makes it a bit more special than
sitting in the upper stand at the far away end.
Transport is no problem with RER train to/from central stations such as
Gare du Nord, Chatelet and Gare de Lyon.

Date: March 6, 2014 12:40

The Worst.
I have really enjoyed the Stones concerts I've attended at
Stade de France (2003 and 2006) and will certainly go again this summer.
I think it's a fantastic stadium. Great crowd and atmosphere.
But I guess standing in front of stage makes it a bit more special than
sitting in the upper stand at the far away end.
Transport is no problem with RER train to/from central stations such as
Gare du Nord, Chatelet and Gare de Lyon.

Thanks for those comments.

i would certainly go back if the dates work out for me. we had a great time in Paris and if it lead me to one thing it was to have steak done medium rare instead of well done and burnt LoL

Date: March 6, 2014 12:53

Saw Bruce Springsteen at Stade de France from the back of the pit (a rather large pit I might add) last summer.

No sound issues at all but I was standing right in front of the soundboard (where Springsteen's mother also sat, heh heh)

Only issue was I didn't bring enough suncream!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 12:54 by Topi.

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: March 6, 2014 13:38

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum. I've seen Stones a couple of times and am thinking about catching one of these upcoming european shows. Based on your experience, do you think they will start to sell tickets to any of the shows before we have the fullitinerary? What kind of ticket categories are we to expect? Do we know if they will use a tounge pit and would such tickets be difficult to score if one are willing to pay the price?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 6, 2014 13:55

Merlin
Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum. I've seen Stones a couple of times and am thinking about catching one of these upcoming european shows. Based on your experience, do you think they will start to sell tickets to any of the shows before we have the fullitinerary? What kind of ticket categories are we to expect? Do we know if they will use a tounge pit and would such tickets be difficult to score if one are willing to pay the price?

Hi (and welcome)!

Based on mine experiences, this is what to expect:
(I might be wrong of course)

They will probably start to sell tickets before the full itinerary is ready.
Expect first a few dates to be confirmed with ticket sales to start immediately for these shows. I don't think they will sell out fast due to very expensive prices - so you should be able to get almost any ticket you like as long as you're willing to pay. Unfortunately, all categories are expected to be expensive. If we are lucky, they will sell a few 'cheap' (and unspecified) tickets for each show that can be picked up at the venue. For the arena shows, I guess they will use the tounge pit stage.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 14:13

The Worst.
Merlin
Hi everyone!

Hi (and welcome)!

Based on mine experiences, this is what to expect:
(I might be wrong of course)

They will probably start to sell tickets before the full itinerary is ready.
Expect first a few dates to be confirmed with ticket sales to start immediately for these shows. I don't think they will sell out fast due to very expensive prices - so you should be able to get almost any ticket you like as long as you're willing to pay. Unfortunately, all categories are expected to be expensive. If we are lucky, they will sell a few 'cheap' (and unspecified) tickets for each show that can be picked up at the venue. For the arena shows, I guess they will use the tounge pit stage.

Festivals usually cheaper.

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: March 6, 2014 14:14

Thank you for your reply. Well, this is exciting...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 14:16

Merlin
Thank you for your reply. Well, this is exciting...

Yes they are still very exciting...this is the good news
and VERY expensive...that's the bad news
(the context is clear)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 14:21 by 1962.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 6, 2014 14:54

odean73

i would certainly go back if the dates work out for me. we had a great time in Paris and if it lead me to one thing it was to have steak done medium rare instead of well done and burnt LoL

Welcome back in Paris then! Next time, for your steak, according to your taste you have 4 levels of cooking. From the less cooked to the over cooked, ask: "bleu", "saignant", "à point" or "bien cuit".

albop
Sister Marie

Yesterday evening on the radio RTL2, Zegut gave details: he got this news from 2 different reliable sources, so he thinks this time it's OK for the 13 June.

ah ok it's endless this wait!

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:41

Today I heard some rumors that Milano is the location for the concert in Italy. Uh, can't wait for the official announcement because this waiting is driving me crazy a little bit.

Date: March 6, 2014 15:46

Sister Marie
odean73

Welcome back in Paris then! Next time, for your steak, according to your taste you have 4 levels of cooking. From the less cooked to the over cooked, ask: "bleu", "saignant", "à point" or "bien cuit".

Thanks for the advice i do take it that the bleu is the rare one? < exscuse my lack of the french language in which i have to say i find very sexy >

albop
Sister Marie

ah ok it's endless this wait!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:49

Sister Marie
odean73

..."à point" (pronounce: 'apwan '... drinking smiley ) being the one you're looking for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 13:26 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:09

Topi
Saw Bruce Springsteen at Stade de France from the back of the pit (a rather large pit I might add) last summer.

No sound issues at all but I was standing right in front of the soundboard (where Springsteen's mother also sat, heh heh)

Only issue was I didn't bring enough suncream!

Was that the back of the PELOR section or a pit within that section? Saw Roger Waters from the middle center of PELOR and the sound was indeed rather good and the distance to the stage was reasonable.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:30

odean73: Thanks for the advice i do take it that the bleu is the rare one? < exscuse my lack of the french language in which i have to say i find very sexy >

"Bleu" is nearly raw. "Saignant" is not very cooked (meat still read inside, saignant means bloody so you can imagine)
"A point" more cooked and "bien cuit"... very cooked, avoid this one, the meat become brown inside and usually too hard.
Rare = saignant.

(sorry for the cookery out of topic but welcome dear fan/tourists is important) smileys with beer

Date: March 6, 2014 16:41

Gotdablouse: I was in the back of the PELOR (pelouse d'or = "golden turf"). There was no separate pit within the PELOR. Springsteen (almost) always uses a pit separated with a fence, only the size varies. At Stade de France it was huge and as I said, the back of it was right in front of the soundboard.

(Ah oui evidemment tu parles français donc pas besoin de traduire PELOR winking smiley)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 16:42 by Topi.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:46

Actually it seems PELOR is something they generally (always?) have at the Stade de France ? Not sure why but it's a great deal as the tickets are barely more expensive than GA. It's a tad larger than the tongue pit though ;-)

That's what it looks like for those who haven't seen it, I suppose the depth of PELOR can vary?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:48

Fingers crossed for lots of Weekend shows! The beauty of living in Europe is being able to fly to any country for the weekend very cheaply, watch the gig and have a day in and around the city smiling smiley

Date: March 6, 2014 16:49

Gotdablouse: I don't know if they always have it but aside from German shows it was one of the very few instances where Springsteen sold separate "pit" tickets on the European tour of last summer.

Usually with Springsteen it's always first come, first serve, same price General Admission tickets.

This is why in countries like Sweden and Norway the first people start lining up a good WEEK before the show! It's also the reason why in the US they use a lottery to determine who gets in first.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 16:52 by Topi.

Date: March 6, 2014 16:56

gotdablouse
Actually it seems PELOR is something they generally (always?) have at the Stade de France ? Not sure why but it's a great deal as the tickets are barely more expensive than GA. It's a tad larger than the tongue pit though ;-)

In 1998, there was just General Admission for "pelouse".
Since 2003, there's always a golden area on the "pelouse" (carré or).

Date: March 6, 2014 16:58

Could be a safety issue as well. One function of the barriers is crowd control.

Ok, sorry for being off-topic again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home