Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Rehearsals 2014
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: January 20, 2014 17:50

All agendas empty...
Packing & travelling...
First arrivals this week...

IMPORTANT INFO FROM THE IORR EDITOR:

Please do NOT publish details of where the Stones stay or rehearse. There are many reasons why this is not acceptable, like:

- Security
- Autograph hunters

The Rolling Stones will be on stage in Abu Dhabi in 26 days from date. We do not want to make any problems with that date and the tour start.

I will delete posts and access if this is not respected, as this is a matter of security. Please use the "Report This Message" if there are posts that need to be taken care of. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-26 19:01 by bv.

Re: Rehearsals 2014
Posted by: midnightranber ()
Date: January 20, 2014 18:26

In France they said that the same studio have been booked in Bondy for the rehearsals .......

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 20, 2014 18:27

"First arrivals this week..."

but where? Same as 2012?

Date: January 20, 2014 18:27

midnightranber
In France they said that the same studio have been booked in Bondy for the rehearsals .......

My lips are sealed. At this moment...

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: January 20, 2014 18:41

Dreamer
midnightranber

Very exciting news! Thanks! I wonder if Mick Taylor will be joining for full rehearsals?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 20, 2014 18:44

PhillyFAN
Dreamer
midnightranber

Very exciting news! Thanks! I wonder if Mick Taylor will be joining for full rehearsals?

Taylor's extent of presence at the rehearsals will be a safe forecast for his contribution.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 20, 2014 18:46

kleermaker
PhillyFAN
Dreamer
midnightranber

Taylor's extent of presence at the rehearsals will be a safe forecast for his contribution.

Why do you assume that? He contributed much last go round and his contribution on stage was sparse.

Date: January 20, 2014 18:56

24FPS
kleermaker
PhillyFAN
Dreamer
midnightranber

Why do you assume that? He contributed much last go round and his contribution on stage was sparse.[/quote

I was reading a very recent interview that Keith Richards said that there are many intricate guitar overlays on recordings and Mick Taylor would be a big help onstage. I really hope he plays on more songs this time.

Date: January 20, 2014 19:00

Keith said that again?

He said that before the 50&counting tour, and some fans believed Taylor would play more.

Date: January 20, 2014 19:05

Wow. That's strange.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()

MORE MICK TAYLOR!!!

There, i got it in just in time!

on a serious note - i'd love to hear him play on stuff like Beast Of Burden again, adds a great little riff towards the end in '82!

Posted by: stonehearted ()

It is the same tour so they will be playing the same set and show, and the enxtent of Mick Taylor's appearances on stage will be the same.

Date: January 20, 2014 19:32

stonehearted
It is the same tour so they will be playing the same set and show, and the enxtent of Mick Taylor's appearances on stage will be the same.

It will be a little different...smoking smiley

Date: January 20, 2014 19:33

PhillyFAN
Wow. That's strange.

>grinning smiley<

Date: January 20, 2014 19:34

PhillyFAN
Dreamer
midnightranber

Yes he will eventually.

Date: January 20, 2014 19:46

24FPS
kleermaker
PhillyFAN
Dreamer
midnightranber

Why do you assume that? He contributed much last go round and his contribution on stage was sparse.

I thought he wasn't there from the beginning, only a couple of days at the Echo Plex in LA.

Date: January 20, 2014 19:58

kleermaker
24FPS
kleermaker
PhillyFAN
Dreamer
midnightranber

I thought he wasn't there from the beginning, only a couple of days at the Echo Plex in LA.

Like the rest of them he was just a couple of hours at the Echoplex...

Date: January 20, 2014 20:05

Dreamer
kleermaker
24FPS
kleermaker
PhillyFAN
Dreamer
midnightranber

Like the rest of them he was just a couple of hours at the Echoplex...

Didn't he show up later than the rest? It's in my memory.

Date: January 20, 2014 20:12

The Echoplex was the first venue they played, kleerie.

Yes, he showed up later than the others at the rehearsal studio.

Date: January 20, 2014 20:14

DandelionPowderman
The Echoplex was the first venue they played, kleerie.

Yes, he showed up later than the others at the rehearsal studio.

At least one thing I remembered well. smiling smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 20, 2014 21:08

Dreamer, will you be there listening to them? smiling smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 20, 2014 23:19

Who knows, I'd just might go this time

Date: January 20, 2014 23:23

Stonesfan2146

Not inside; that's been some time ago.
So I'm sure you can imagine I've been spoiled enough and because of that I will not attend fellow fans outside the studio.
Although this time they are rehearsing geographically closer to me smoking smiley
Hmm, maybe I'll shake some hands and share some hugs.

Anyway: let's hope they have enough time to get ready to do remarkable shows.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 20, 2014 23:42

Nice to see you a lot more upbeat than in November when you ominously posted that "There are also special incentives for not kicking things into motion" after they (Mick) supposedly turned down a "very reasonable" offer to play in Europe in November...so I guess that after all some of us were right in simply assuming the offer was just not good enough and that they were waiting for the right one to come along ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 21, 2014 00:03

Dreamer
stonehearted

Do you mean MT will play on more songs on this tour or is that they will include some surprises on the setlist? BTW, good luck and I hope that you can shake some hands and share some hugs. Keep us posted about that, if you wish. drinking smiley

Date: January 21, 2014 00:32

gotdablouse
Nice to see you a lot more upbeat than in November when you ominously posted that "There are also special incentives for not kicking things into motion" after they (Mick) supposedly turned down a "very reasonable" offer to play in Europe in November...so I guess that after all some of us were right in simply assuming the offer was just not good enough and that they were waiting for the right one to come along ;-)

It was suggested by someone that they did not receive a very reasonable offer and I know that's not true...they did. So that's why I said There are also special incentives for not kicking things into motion.
Coming back to Europe after a very succesful tour really brings very reasonable offers and with the Glasto and Hyde Park triumph...you can't get a better rocket to boost final biddings!

What they do when active is based on band decisions after meetings but three of them have more or less the right to veto; their vote weighs heavier.
Since they are touring again it's my conclusion they feel comfortable again and that makes me feel a little more upbeat just because I like the band (playing).
I said before it's a political minefield so anything could be the reason for not continuing.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 21, 2014 01:31

Dreamer
Stonesfan2146

Although this time they are rehearsing geographically closer to me smoking smiley
Hmm, maybe I'll shake some hands and share some hugs.

Anyway: let's hope they have enough time to get ready to do remarkable shows.

Where do you live, Dreamer?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 21, 2014 01:35

TornAndFried

Very diplomatic smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 21, 2014 02:13

Rolling Hansie
TornAndFried

Very diplomatic smileys with beer Cheers

Haha, that's a good one!
>grinning smiley<

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 21, 2014 02:14

Dreamer
stonehearted

Of course it will be,on alternate nights Miss you will be played,and the following night "You got me Rocking",and yes Taylor one night 2 songs,the next night 3....>grinning smiley<

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home