Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Lyrics Rocks Off: fire the feed
Date: September 18, 2023 23:27

Everyone is going to hear what they hear, but IMO it is plainly obvious that it's 'plug in, flush out, fight, fukc and feed".

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 01:29

Palace Revolution 2000
Everyone is going to hear what they hear, but IMO it is plainly obvious that it's 'plug in, flush out, fight, fukc and feed".

"To flush out means to force someone or something out of hiding or to clean something (usually by forcing water through a container).

Date: September 19, 2023 01:38

flush switch
noun
: an electrical switch mounted with only its face exposed and with its sides surrounded by a box or case that is not a part of the switch.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 19, 2023 14:52

Palace Revolution 2000

Totally agree.

Mathijs

Re: Track Talk: Rocks Off
Date: September 19, 2023 17:18

For years I thought it was "find your fukcing feet."

Still think its about shooting H but also about the experience of stealing the power plugging into the mobile to record the songs. A double meaning sort of like Brown Sugar.

But if you listen to the lyrics the whole somg alludes to being high, what if feels like, how you perceive things-the numbness, disconnection, nodding off...

Posted by: Amyl Nitrate ()
Date: September 23, 2023 18:16

Mathijs
Palace Revolution 2000

Totally agree.

Mathijs

Me too. I can't tell from the studio version, but it's clear in the live ones Mathijs shared.

I was wondering how to get the various lyric sites corrected, until I read on Keno's site that "lyrics are usually publish as they were copyrighted, not necessarily the way Mick Jagger sings" [www.keno.org]

That's unfortunate, would be nice to have a literal site, but cool to see that someone (not me) has updated Wikipedia: [en.wikipedia.org] ... Based on the date, the update must have been inspired by this discussion but cites this book: [www.amazon.com] ... Does anyone have that to check the reference?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 23, 2023 19:07

The archetypal "non-single" Rolling Stones song.

It has everything, emotion, energy, horns ablaze is vocally and lyrically on fire.

The studio performance can never be captured live.

Feel so mesmerized. Unparalleled.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 23, 2023 20:17

At least we can all agree that “Star Star” is saying “Starbucker” (as it’s printed in my Rolling Stones music/lyrics book which I’m sure is 100% correct)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-24 08:27 by snoopy2.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 23, 2023 22:30

snoopy2
At least we can all agree that “Star Star” is saying “Starbucker” (as it’s printed in my two volume Rolling Stones music/lyrics book which I’m sure is 100% correct)

Of course. It's Mick singing about a groupie who's a coffee aficionado.

Date: September 24, 2023 04:43

Mathijs
I checked some live versions, and to my ears he always sings 'fight and fukc and feed', most of the times slurring it to 'fight and fukc'n feed'

[youtube.com]
[youtube.com]
[youtube.com]
[youtube.com]
[youtube.com]

Mathijs

Mick clearly, well maybe not all that clearly but a "the" after fire (the) is discernible to my ears in all of those.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2023 03:00

Amyl Nitrate
Based on the date, the update must have been inspired by this discussion but cites this book: [www.amazon.com] ... Does anyone have that to check the reference?

Here ya go Amyl .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Amyl Nitrate ()
Date: September 25, 2023 03:59

Ha, so not an attribution for the information in Wikipedia, just another (funny) variant.

Thanks for finding and sharing, Rockman.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home