Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards in Patmos Greece, Sept. 21, 2023
Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: September 22, 2023 17:18

Shortly before the Rolling Stones' big record comeback, the band's legendary guitarist Keith Richards was in Greece for a few days of vacation.
The legendary Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards in Patmos (photo)
The camera caught him having dinner on Thursday night at the island's well-known restaurant "Vangelis" with a large group, enjoying relaxed moments.
In fact, it is not the first time that he preferred the restaurant in question in the center of Patmos. As you will see, he also visited three days ago.
[www.ieidiseis.gr]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-22 18:53 by bv.

Re: Keith Richards in Patmos
Date: September 22, 2023 17:26

Re: Keith Richards in Patmos, Sept. 21, 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 22, 2023 18:19

I first read that as Dolby Atmos!

Re: Keith Richards in Patmos Greece, Sept. 21, 2023
Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: September 22, 2023 19:55

What an odd destination for Keith. He'll certainly find some downtime there. Patmos is super sleepy, and the beaches are rocky, as John the Revelator discovered...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 22, 2023 20:26

wonder if anything with the band is going on

does keith leave the us much besides going to the caribbean or for stuff related to the stones?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 22, 2023 20:54

He looked like he could see the long range camera in the first photo, Keith has a built-in radar.
Good to see him enjoying the company of down to earth people unlike his Glimmer Twin.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 22, 2023 21:05

ProfessorWolf

does keith leave the us much besides going to the caribbean or for stuff related to the stones?

He doesn't live in the Caribbean anymore, he lives in the Turks & Caicos (almost 90 miles north of Hispaniola) when he's not in Connecticut and wherever else he's allowed for 90 days or whatever it is.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2023 21:20

keefriffhards
He looked like he could see the long range camera in the first photo, Keith has a built-in radar.
Good to see him enjoying the company of down to earth people unlike his Glimmer Twin.

You can't resist taking a shot at Mick eh, even when it's not about anything remotely relevant?

Give your head a shake.

Date: September 22, 2023 21:28

cyclist
What an odd destination for Keith. He'll certainly find some downtime there. Patmos is super sleepy, and the beaches are rocky, as John the Revelator discovered...

Not accurate, there are many sand beaches in Patmos island and vivid night life in
Skala village
[realgreekexperiences.com]

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 22, 2023 21:32

ProfessorWolf

Since Mick is (was?) in Paris, that leaves only Ronnie (unless also he was spotted elsewhere).

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 22, 2023 23:13

Leave him alone. It is clearly private and not public.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 23, 2023 00:06

treaclefingers
keefriffhards

You can't resist taking a shot at Mick eh, even when it's not about anything remotely relevant?

Give your head a shake.

I think it's remotely relevant, a fair comment, a modest comment actually that shows the subtle differences between these two men since the turn of the 60s. Keith to some degree ( at least on the surface) hasn't changed that much, i think Mick has been a social climber, nothing wrong in that but this band started out as anti establishment, now to varying degrees both men have sold out.
Ronnie is very down to earth in comparison to both Mick and Keith, he remains a fan like the rest of us, of course he isn't but i admire Ronnie for remaining Ronnie, so much more approachable in my opinion, of course i could be completely wrong.

Do you actually have anything to say ( have an opinion ) or do you feel it's your job to chime in to everything i have to say on various threads, after ten years it gets a bit creepy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 23, 2023 00:10

Maybe the Glimmers are putting together
a book on the best places to dine in across Europe ...

ROCKMAN

Date: September 23, 2023 00:22

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf

He doesn't live in the Caribbean anymore, he lives in the Turks & Caicos (almost 90 miles north of Hispaniola) when he's not in Connecticut and wherever else he's allowed for 90 days or whatever it is.

thank you for clarifying that

Re: Keith Richards in Patmos
Date: September 23, 2023 00:28

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-23 00:29 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: September 23, 2023 00:29

schwonek
Leave him alone. It is clearly private and not public.

exactly

that look he gives the camera clearly says

"come on man, f-ck off"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 23, 2023 01:13

Thanks dimrstone!

Cool to see Keith in Greece. A great choice to relax and have a holiday. And eat well. Ancient history all around - Keith feels like home? grinning smiley

The Beatles or The Stones? Plato or Aristotle? Fundamental questions...

But yeah, let us leave him enjoy his well-deserved privacy. He will come to us again when the time is right.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-23 01:22 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 23, 2023 01:27

Rockman

grinning smiley

Yeah. Those boys love to eat I see. And not to cook at home.

- Doxa

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 23, 2023 04:48

Not sure if I ever told this story, kinda forgot about it actually. in the early 90's a girl from the London office of EMI came to NYC. She came to my office and saw the pic of me and Keith which was framed and on my wall.

She told me that on her honeymoon a few years prior, she and her husband were staying at a villa in Greece. When they got there, the people who were supposed to have left the day before were still there, and because they were both friendly with the owner of the villa, they ended up sharing the villa for that first night. It was Keith and Patti and some others. Imagine getting to spend the night at a villa hanging out with him unexepectedly like that??!

She was not a big Rolling Stones fan, so was unimpressed for the most part, but said he was a great guy and liked him a lot after meeting him.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 23, 2023 05:31

Doxa
Rockman

grinning smiley

Yeah. Those boys love to eat I see. And not to cook at home.

- Doxa

Home cooking is killing the restaurant industry spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 23, 2023 07:51

ProfessorWolf

He spends a little time at Redlands, usually.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 23, 2023 08:04

ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf

thank you for clarifying that

It's odd that a lot of travel sites and magazines call the Turks & Caicos (and sometimes the Bahamas) the Caribbean! When... they aren't!!! I guess they don't care for geography? Might as well say the Dry Tortugas are in the Caribbean then (they're in the Gulf Of Mexico) or go even further and say Jamaica is in the Atlantic Ocean.

Of course, the GOM and the Caribbean are in/a part of/included in the Atlantic Basin.

And then there's Barbados - a Caribbean nation not in the Caribbean, it's in the Atlantic Ocean, just like... the Turks & Caicos and the Bahamas.

Of course, it's not just oceans and seas - the NY Giants, NY Jets and Dallas Cowboys (and soon the Chicago Bears) don't play in their cities - and the first two don't even play in their name city/state! And the Tampa Bay Rays play in St Petersburg... etc.

Mick does have a house in the Caribbean though.

Date: September 23, 2023 08:39

dimrstone
Not accurate, there are many sand beaches in Patmos island and vivid night life in
Skala village

I spent a week there one year ago and stand by my comment.

Anyway, I doubt Keith wants vivid night life, which is good, because Patmos is very sleepy.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 23, 2023 10:18

Meanwhile, Mick's dining at Versailles with the king of England and the president of France..

Date: September 23, 2023 18:34

cyclist
dimrstone
Skala village

I spent a week there one year ago and stand by my comment.

Anyway, I doubt Keith wants vivid night life, which is good, because Patmos is very sleepy.

Well my friend I didn't want to comment further but you tempt me to tell you a story.
Years ago when I was on vacation in Patmos and we stayed up until dawn with friends every night, one of the following mornings (you know, the morning after spinning smiley sticking its tongue out) we met two friends in Skala who told us the same comment that you are saying now about a sleeping island
We asked them with surprise and our eyes red from the night, but what are you saying? Where did you go and stay with this impression?
So they told us, we stay at the port in Skala in the afternoon and then go up to the Chora village for a drink where everything closes at 1.
Trying to contain our laughter we explained to them that they had to do the route in reverse to see the difference.
You have to go up early in the Chora Village (where the famous monastery is located and there are restrictions on the operation of the bars) and in the evening go down to Skala where the bad destruction takes place.
After 2-3 days when we met them again they had the same eyes as us and they thanked us for our advicespinning smiley sticking its tongue out
That's why, my friend, don't be so absolute in your assessments and the next time you come to Greece, give me a call and I'll show you around. I'd be happy to have a beer with yousmileys with beer

Date: September 23, 2023 19:57

Thanks for the advice! Yes, maybe I need a local's guidance. I did go to Thalami Bar for the David Bowie connection. Cheers!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 24, 2023 01:41

The town he lives in Connecticut is the epitome of affluent American suburbia.Great place to raise a family.Not urban or hip

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 25, 2023 17:34

GasLightStreet

It's odd that a lot of travel sites and magazines call the Turks & Caicos (and sometimes the Bahamas) the Caribbean! ...

Odd geographical views, I must say ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home