Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17
Re: UK gigs
Posted by: The Maverick ()
Date: September 14, 2005 14:21

Dates are arranged months in advance, set lists are not.... but judging by the static setlists for this tour, maybe they are!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 14, 2005 14:53

"months" - yes, but in the cases of theatre shows, its unlikely to be 15 months in advance, especially at the rate the 'dates' and 'venues' have changed since this thread began four months ago!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 14, 2005 15:07

if they don't come to Birmingham this time they can @#$%& right off!

i don't want to have to travel to that Manc dump again yawning smiley(

and i'm fed up to the back teeth with bastard London gigs too

i feel better now yawning smiley)

Date: September 14, 2005 17:00

Brum is in the pipeline for the summer of 2006

Date: September 14, 2005 17:09

i hope you're right Maverick

i mean, its the middle of the country, easy to get to and its the countries second city

why they keep missing it is beyond me

Villa Park or the NEC awaits!

Date: September 14, 2005 17:12

I guess they don't regard Brummies as being good enough!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 14, 2005 18:01

Just read in the birmingham evening mail that the stones have pre booked the nia centre for next august with tickets set to be around one hundred quid.

Date: September 15, 2005 10:46

Just read that the NIA holds 13000 hoping it would be the NEC due to contacts there but the NIA would also be handy and seeing its the same group of halls still might be allright.

Date: September 15, 2005 12:37

which one is which?

I was at the Who concert last year but cant remember which venue is which

One is right beside the airport and the other in the city centre. The Who gig was at the latter

Posted by: welded ()
Date: September 15, 2005 13:06

The NEC Arena is outside of Birmingham just off the M42....the NIA Arena is in the centre of Birmingham next to the ICC....Don't confuse the two...its a 30min-1hr mistake depending on traffic to get to the right venue if you get it wrong...and at £100 a ticket that's a big mistake!!

I was at a Neil Young gig at the NEC and saw many Eagles fans turing up at the wrong venue - its an easy but big mistake....

Date: September 15, 2005 13:06

Hi Gazza,

The NIA is in the town centre & the NEC is by the airport.

I was having a drink in town whent he who was on and after a few bottles of wine & bacardi i said to my missus i wouldent mind going to the who concert but to be honest i was in the drinking zone and carried on but after seeing them on the G8 concert i reckon i will go next time.

Date: September 15, 2005 13:39

the N.I.A. wouldn't be a bad thing

easier to get to for most folks seeing as its in the city centre

i'd rather have em there than at the NEC

bring it on!

Date: September 15, 2005 14:19

Are you sure it's the NIA and not the NEC, I think, if it's an arena show you'll find that it's the NEC.

Date: September 15, 2005 14:27

Maverick im not sure at all as i was just going on our local paper's headlines yesterday evening and we all know how honest & reliable sources paper's are, dont we?

Date: September 15, 2005 14:32

The Maverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you sure it's the NIA and not the NEC, I
> think, if it's an arena show you'll find that it's
> the NEC.

well theyre both arenas and are much the same size, so it would hardly matter, surely..

odean..you missed a great Who show. And there were a few tickets going outside too...I had seats near the back and I upgraded to 6th row centre by giving a tout £50 outside and trading in the pair I had. Was just as well as they didnt use video screens. They were bloody fantastic.

Date: September 15, 2005 14:35

I was just thinking along the same lines as i dont think there would be much difference in seating capacity with the NEC just shading it over capacity.

Gazza i take it that the who show was sold out then? would you know if they will be touring soon and is it hard to get tickets?

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: September 15, 2005 14:37

The NEC is a badly designed sh**hole, though good for car access, while the NIA is totally unsuitable for rock gigs of any kind.

Indeed, having seen Morrisey and the Who at the NIA quite recently, I would declare it as the single worst venue anywhere in the UK. Even worse than the Glasgow SECC.

Date: September 15, 2005 17:24

I dont think the Who have any plans to tour in the near future, but keep an eye on Townshends website just in case. I dont think that show was officially sold out in advance but it may have eventually sold out on the night

Logie - the NIA might not be the best venue in the world for a concert, but the SECC makes it look like the Barrowlands in terms of being a quality venue.

Whoever designed the SECC with a view to concerts should have been hung by his balls from the rafters. If you're not in the middle of the floor in that dump you may as well be in the car park.

Which is too bad, because the audiences in Glasgow are excellent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-15 17:25 by Gazza.

Date: September 15, 2005 17:33

i've always thought the SECC was a great venue

easy to see wherever you stand

Date: September 15, 2005 17:50

I always make sure I'm on the floor and near the front. Down there its fine.

and if I've been allocated seats, I make sure I jump the fence or sneak onto the floor....

but if youre off to the side, the sightlines are horrible because the arena is too wide instead of being long.

Date: September 16, 2005 13:13

I think you may find Villa Park may be in the frame if the Stones do a gig for the Brummies. Apparently it's a better stadium than the one at Small Heath.

Date: September 16, 2005 13:35

Hey Gazza, don't knock Barrowlands! They had metal detectors at the door when I saw Dylan there. Luxury.

Date: September 16, 2005 13:38

Hey maverick whats all this talk about 'small heath' its BIRMINGHAM CITY FOOTBALL CLUB!!!!

Date: September 16, 2005 13:44

That's just the Brummie way of saying Small Heath, the rest of the world know's that it's Small Heath.

Date: September 16, 2005 14:05

Ok that makes sense.

Date: September 16, 2005 14:17

he's right though

Small Heath Alliance is the name most folks know em by

Date: September 16, 2005 14:20

LOGIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Gazza, don't knock Barrowlands! They had metal
> detectors at the door when I saw Dylan there.
> Luxury.

I wasnt. Read my post again

I think its possibly one of the greatest venues I've ever been to

Saw both Dylan & Steve Earle there last year. Fantastic shows. Great venue and incredible audiences

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-16 14:20 by Gazza.

Date: September 16, 2005 16:11

Sorry about that Gazza!!!

I thought that Dylan gig there was amazing! I have never known a crowd like it in my entire life.

Date: September 20, 2005 12:47

What Dylan played Small Heath?

No Stones will do Villa Park if there is a stadium gig in Brummie land, god know's why they'd want to play to a load of Brummies though!

Posted by: sherer ()
Date: September 20, 2005 12:51

well the albums out and the tour has started in the US and once again us Brits and Euros are left waiting on news.. still announcing new dates in the US and not even as date as to when they will be announcing the Euro tour

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home